PDA

View Full Version : If you could ask Scott Pioli one question...what would it be?

Connie Jo
08-08-2011, 12:30 AM
I've been chosen as one of 75 to attend a special Q&A with Scott Pioli and Mark Donovan on Monday, Aug. 15th while attending training camp for season ticket holders.

I don't really have any questions off hand I can think to ask. So, I'm giving Chiefs Crowd members the opportunity to ask their question through me. This is my thought...post your question you want asked in this discussion thread. On Friday the 12th I will choose a few semi finalist questions I like best, then I'll begin a poll and allow members to vote on which of those semi final questions they like best. The question with the most votes will become the question I ask, assuming I will be allowed to ask a question. :)

What do you all think of my idea? If you agree, then start now with asking your questions in this thread!! hahaha ;)

Chiefster
08-08-2011, 12:39 AM
Is that your natural hair?...:lol:

Just kiddin kiddo. I really wished I had a good question to suggest.

Connie Jo
08-08-2011, 12:41 AM
I'm not beyond asking a silly question for giggles, hahahaha. Just sayin!!! lol ;)

Jrudi
08-08-2011, 12:49 AM
I might think of a better one... but for now:

How hectic was the condensed time frame for Free Agency, and how did it affect your plans/strategies to bring in talent? Do you feel you were able to land most of your target players, or were there a few that you feel you missed out on due to the circumstances?

Connie Jo
08-08-2011, 12:52 AM
I might think of a better one... but for now:

How hectic was the condensed time frame for Free Agency, and how did it affect your plans/strategies to bring in talent? Do you feel you were able to land most of your target players, or were there a few that you feel you missed out on due to the circumstances?

Those are great...but would they be considered one question in essence combined...or 3 different questions? I honestly don't know, I've never interviewed someone before, which more or less a Q&A session is an interview, haha. :)

ctchiefsfan
08-08-2011, 01:26 AM
I wouldn't know what questions to ask....but if I were there, I'd probably just say "Thanks for 2010. It was good to have fun again!"

Connie Jo
08-08-2011, 01:38 AM
I wouldn't know what questions to ask....but if I were there, I'd probably just say "Thanks for 2010. It was good to have fun again!"

Oh...this is VERY good!!! I really like the thought of showing appreciation! I could say something such as, "I simply want to tell you both thank you, as well as thank the entire Chiefs organization for giving myself and fellow Chiefs fans at Chiefs Crowd website an exciting 2010 season. We're very much looking forward to the 2011 season and bringing the Lombardi proudly back to Kansas City in the future."

:D

tornadospotter
08-08-2011, 01:52 AM
1. Do you think we have the talent on roster that you think is need to get us to the playoffs and on?
2. What do you think looking at this team, what player positions do we need to keep building on.
3. What is most important, building a Chief Player from the start of their pro career? Or bring in proven players, who have never been a Chief? Disregard the money involved, What is the best for the Team?
Bonus question. Do Rivalries still mean something to the Players on our team? Because they still are strong to the Fans.

Connie Jo
08-08-2011, 02:00 AM
1. Do you think we have the talent on roster that you think is need to get us to the playoffs and on?
2. What do you think looking at this team, what player positions do we need to keep building on.
3. What is most important, building a Chief Player from the start of their pro career? Or bring in proven players, who have never been a Chief? Disregard the money involved, What is the best for the Team?
Bonus question. Do Rivalries still mean something to the Players on our team? Because they still are strong to the Fans.

Those are great too!! I myself would like to know the answer to the bonus question!! :)

tornadospotter
08-08-2011, 02:07 AM
Those are great too!! I myself would like to know the answer to the bonus question!! :)
To be honest, I think that is the most important of all!

ctchiefsfan
08-08-2011, 02:20 AM
Oh...this is VERY good!!! I really like the thought of showing appreciation! I could say something such as, "I simply want to tell you both thank you, as well as thank the entire Chiefs organization for giving myself and fellow Chiefs fans at Chiefs Crowd website an exciting 2010 season. We're very much looking forward to the 2011 season and bringing the Lombardi proudly back to Kansas City in the future."

:D

I think that would make a GREAT preamble to whatever question you do ask (if you get the chance) and I'd certainly love to here the answer to tornadospotter's bonus question!

In any case, I'm greatly looking forward to your report from this adventure!

AkChief49
08-08-2011, 02:23 AM
Mr. Pioli, Do you feel the O-line is where it needs to be?

chief31
08-08-2011, 02:34 AM
The only thing that really has me concerned is our OTs.

So I suppose I would ask him if thinks the long-term solution to our OT positions are on the team now, or need to be acquired yet.

tornadospotter
08-08-2011, 02:59 AM
To be honest, I think that is the most important of all!

I think that would make a GREAT preamble to whatever question you do ask (if you get the chance) and I'd certainly love to here the answer to tornadospotter's bonus question!

Because that gets to the heart of the Chiefs Nation! Do we still have Raider week like Marty who promote, and inspire players for. Comments I have heard and read about Arrowhead, and have experienced, it the closes you can get in being a part of a college like feeling, of loving to hate our teams rivals of the AFC WEST.

KristofLaw
08-08-2011, 05:47 AM
Ask him for a photo and an autograph if you get the chance.

pojote
08-08-2011, 11:41 AM
My question would be:

"I'm really intrigued with your hair Mr. Pioli, but I would like to ask you, can you target this season or the next one as a break through season, a season that can we say are SB contenders?"

I really started to think that they are planning a SB season for next year, not this one. But also, I don't think that this can be an open topic.

Chiefster
08-08-2011, 12:21 PM

So I suppose I would ask him if thinks the long-term solution to our OT positions are on the team now, or need to be acquired yet.

Same here; the "O"-line has been of interest to me for the past three seasons or more.

70 chiefsfan70
08-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Ask him if he thinks as I do: That Al Davis is and has always been the best Chiefs Player.

Not Really,

How about if He ever uses any input from fans in drafts and or free agency?

Lazeye
08-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Will you stay with the Chiefs until you retire or will you move on to another project after completing greatness here?

Connie Jo
08-09-2011, 12:19 AM

Thanks!! I agree...give a thankful comment prior to asking a question!! :)

Connie Jo
08-09-2011, 12:30 AM
Ask him for a photo and an autograph if you get the chance.

Oh, I'm not typically comfortable asking for autographs outside of a scheduled autograph signing event. I don't mind obtaining autographs such as at Draft Day, when the players are at a table specifically to autograph items for fans. Silly me was standing by Jamaal Charles...I said, 'hi, nice to meet you'...that was it, I didn't think to ask him for an auto, nor pic, I was intrigued & distracted by his dreadlocks, lol.

This yr. at Draft Day I didn't attend the autographing event...they held it in a different place which wasn't conveniently located to where the actual party was taking place. :/

I ran into & chatted with Kimble Anders, also Walter Taylor, saw a couple other Chiefs players up where we were socializing...never even occurred to me to ask for an autograph. Someone else asked if they could take a pic of me with Walter Taylor, then later with Kimble Anders. Had they not asked the pics wouldn't exist, cause I sure didn't think to ask. :/

Connie Jo
08-09-2011, 12:35 AM
Mr. Pioli, Do you feel the O-line is where it needs to be?

These are good questions, no doubt, but honestly, he's been asked quite abit about the O line & OT's. I can't remember answers he's given, but he's always positive with his answers, as any good GM (diplomat) would be, LOL.

Connie Jo
08-09-2011, 12:48 AM
My question would be:

"I'm really intrigued with your hair Mr. Pioli, but I would like to ask you, can you target this season or the next one as a break through season, a season that can we say are SB contenders?"

I really started to think that they are planning a SB season for next year, not this one. But also, I don't think that this can be an open topic.

I could be wrong, & asking him could prove me wrong or right...but I don't think he has a particular year in mind with a SB goal. Rather, I think he is doing what he feels he needs to at any given time an opportunity presents itself he believes will be of benefit with getting the Chiefs to SB.

Ask him if he thinks as I do: That Al Davis is and has always been the best Chiefs Player.

Not Really,

How about if He ever uses any input from fans in drafts and or free agency?

These are great, including the question about Al Davis, hahaha. I would enjoy seeing the expression on his face being asked that question too, hahaha. "Mr. Pioli, do you believe as many fans do, that Al Davis is and has always been the most beneficial Chiefs team member?"

Will you stay with the Chiefs until you retire or will you move on to another project after completing greatness here?

It would be interesting to know how he would diplomatically handle answering this question, haha.

Lazeye
08-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Thats was the hardest question I could come up with

Chiefster
08-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Thats was the hardest question I could come up with

I think he'll stay as long as the money is right. :D

okikcfan
08-09-2011, 01:20 PM
I love The Chiefs and am impressed with Pioli as to what he has done and could not be happier he is our GM. My worry is what if some thing happens to our QB. What are his plans for that? I feel we are only doomed if we have to depend on BC to take over the helm. The fire power is now there for Cassel to improve greatly, but what if? This is my biggest concern. I just wish we had more of a proven back up. But WWPD? (What would Pioli do)

ctchiefsfan
08-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Issues like this are all a "balancing act". A quality back-up QB is not going to be easy to find and if we could find one would probably be expensive.

Don't get me wrong, I wish we had one.

But I think Pioli and Haley have decided that the money one would cost is better spent on other players for the next two years while we try to develop our own back-up (and hopefully future starter) through the draft.

Admittedly a risky proposition, but then as I said above, its all a balancing act.

If I had to make these kinds of choices I would have ulcers in short order.

Seek
08-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Ask him if he ever ventures out to the parking lot before games to mingle with the fans and their Tailgate and then ask him to join you for the Crowd game.

kcnation
08-09-2011, 05:17 PM
I've been chosen as one of 75 to attend a special Q&A with Scott Pioli and Mark Donovan on Monday, Aug. 15th while attending training camp for season ticket holders.

I don't really have any questions off hand I can think to ask. So, I'm giving Chiefs Crowd members the opportunity to ask their question through me. This is my thought...post your question you want asked in this discussion thread. On Friday the 12th I will choose a few semi finalist questions I like best, then I'll begin a poll and allow members to vote on which of those semi final questions they like best. The question with the most votes will become the question I ask, assuming I will be allowed to ask a question. :)

What do you all think of my idea? If you agree, then start now with asking your questions in this thread!! hahaha ;)

i recieved the invite to the training camp on the 15th as well and i really thinking about going,but the only thing holding me back is 3 days later im flying out to las vegas for a week and i don't know if i can swing it.id love to be there as its probably the best time to meet some players,get autographs,and pictures all in one day.might be tough but im still thinking about it.

anyway where is st josephs where the camp is being held anyway?im not that familar with the area that good

#58ChiefsFan
08-09-2011, 07:00 PM
i recieved the invite to the training camp on the 15th as well and i really thinking about going,but the only thing holding me back is 3 days later im flying out to las vegas for a week and i don't know if i can swing it.id love to be there as its probably the best time to meet some players,get autographs,and pictures all in one day.might be tough but im still thinking about it.

anyway where is st josephs where the camp is being held anyway?im not that familar with the area that good

St. Joe is an hour North of KC

#58ChiefsFan
08-09-2011, 07:11 PM
I love The Chiefs and am impressed with Pioli as to what he has done and could not be happier he is our GM. My worry is what if some thing happens to our QB. What are his plans for that? I feel we are only doomed if we have to depend on BC to take over the helm. The fire power is now there for Cassel to improve greatly, but what if? This is my biggest concern. I just wish we had more of a proven back up. But WWPD? (What would Pioli do)

The only good thing is our second and third string QB's have the same amount of NFL wins as Brokie. I highly doubt we will add another QB, Cassel has proven he can take a beating back in 09, and Id rather see Stanzi out there than watch Croyle ineptly run the offense. I am more comfortable with Cassel, Palko and Stanzi than I was when Croyle was on the team.

IslandKing77
08-09-2011, 09:07 PM
What are you plans for snapping the streak of playoff losses other than not playing in playoff games ?

Connie Jo
08-09-2011, 09:32 PM

St. Joseph is about an hour North of where Arrowhead is located in the heart of the city. You take I-29 North from KC to St.Joe. Missouri Western is located just off I-29, right next to the interstate, so it's really easy to access. The letter said they would also have Chiefs alumni available for autographs at the special training camp for season ticket holders. :)

Connie Jo
08-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Ask him if he ever ventures out to the parking lot before games to mingle with the fans and their Tailgate and then ask him to join you for the Crowd game.

I just might do that! I could tell him that we'll cover him in red & gold facepaint too, so he'll be incognito to all fans but us!! hahaha ;)

The only good thing is our second and third string QB's have the same amount of NFL wins as Brokie. I highly doubt we will add another QB, Cassel has proven he can take a beating back in 09, and Id rather see Stanzi out there than watch Croyle ineptly run the offense. I am more comfortable with Cassel, Palko and Stanzi than I was when Croyle was on the team.

I could be wrong, but I think Pioli & Haley must have reason to feel confident with either, or both, Stanzi & Palko, which is likely why they haven't made any moves towards bringing in another back up. By the way, Brodie is still a Chief and has been at training camp from what I hear.

What are you plans for snapping the streak of playoff losses other than not playing in playoff games ?

That's a good question, but doesn't it have somewhat of a sarcastic overtone to it? :/

I don't want him to think I'm a beotch, LOL. ;)

josh1971
08-09-2011, 09:41 PM
By the way, Brodie is still a Chief and has been at training camp from what I hear.

That's the most terrifying thing I've heard all summer...

Connie Jo
08-09-2011, 09:43 PM
That's the most terrifying thing I've heard all summer...

yeah, not sure I understand. Rumors were circulating he was released, but nothing official I could find, then friends who were at training camp said they saw him there practicing. :/

josh1971
08-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Yeah- not liking that. I mean, he had several shots at starting in the NFL, and whether it was him, the team around him, or a combination, he just couldn't get it done. He was... 0-9 as a starter?

I really hope he ends up in Silver and Black...

Connie Jo
08-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Yeah- not liking that. I mean, he had several shots at starting in the NFL, and whether it was him, the team around him, or a combination, he just couldn't get it done. He was... 0-9 as a starter?

I don't care where he ends up, as long as it's not with the Chiefs. The man scares me, I have no faith in him at all as a back up QB for the Chiefs. If we're gonna lose a game because God forbid, Matt is injured, I'd rather we not lose it in vain with Brodie, rather benefit in a small way by allowing Stanzi or Palko some real game playing time/experience.

josh1971
08-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Yes, but as a raider, Brodie would give the Chiefs a 1-2 punch, along with Al Davis, to keep them cruddy.

Connie Jo
08-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Yes, but as a raider, Brodie would give the Chiefs a 1-2 punch, along with Al Davis, to keep them cruddy.

:lol:

Chiefster
08-09-2011, 11:57 PM

On the Raiders he would be the best player we had. :lol:

ctchiefsfan
08-10-2011, 12:32 AM

Now look! We all know that Al Davis is senile, hits the pipe and suffers from Alzheimers, but do you really think he is that far gone?

josh1971
08-10-2011, 01:11 AM
Now look! We all know that Al Davis is senile, hits the pipe and suffers from Alzheimers, but do you really think he is that far gone?

Why yes... yes I do...

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/jamarcus.jpg/)
http://postimage.org/image/vasejrl0/

Chiefster
08-10-2011, 01:13 AM
Why yes... yes I do...

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/jamarcus.jpg/)
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/08/12.jpg

:lol:

ctchiefsfan
08-10-2011, 02:10 AM
Thank God for Al Davis! The road to the AFC West Championship would be far tougher if it weren't for him!

AkChief49
08-10-2011, 02:14 AM
Mr Pioli, would you consider giving me season tickets?
(You never know)

Connie Jo
08-10-2011, 03:05 AM
Mr Pioli, would you consider giving me season tickets?
(You never know)

I already am blessed with season tickets, upper level, which I prefer actually, haha. I could ask if he'd consider giving YOU season tickets, flying you from & back to Alaska in his private corporate Chiefs jet, lol.

AkChief49
08-10-2011, 03:28 AM
I already am blessed with season tickets, upper level, which I prefer actually, haha. I could ask if he'd consider giving YOU season tickets, flying you from & back to Alaska in his private corporate Chiefs jet, lol.
Now you're talkin!

AkChief49
08-16-2011, 12:52 AM
WELL, c'mon details,details. How was the Q&A?
Did Pioli agree to my tickets?:D:bananen_smilies046:

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2011, 01:04 AM
Inquiring minds want to know!