PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Crowd Complaint Thread.

tornadospotter
08-11-2011, 02:20 PM
I am sick and tired of the bovine excrement that some times happens in threads, I want it stop!
So this is your chance to complain in open about things you do not like about the HOME OF THE CHIEFS!
Things you do not like about the Rules of the Home of the Chiefs! Complain about Mods, what ever you want to piss and moan about, do it here! But you better have a answer to solve the problem. Understand it is a privilege to belong. You have no cost in being a member. Coach owns this site and pays all the bills.
Post away.

Canada
08-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Privilege? Some of us have contributed quite a lot to this site. It cost me plenty. I have booked hotels, game tickets, helped people with flights to and from KC, helped organized tailgate parties. That sh!t wasn't free. No one is doing be any favors by "allowing me" to post on this site.

Canada
08-11-2011, 02:27 PM
...but while we are on the complaint topic. I hate when threads get closed for no reason other than people disagreeing. A 40+ page thread got closed for no reason.

Solution...leave the damn thread alone

Ryfo18
08-11-2011, 02:31 PM
I hate this thread...My solution? Remove it.

kidding

Canada
08-11-2011, 02:33 PM
I hate Ryfo, remove him

tornadospotter
08-11-2011, 02:41 PM
...but while we are on the complaint topic. I hate when threads get closed for no reason other than people disagreeing. A 40+ page thread got closed for no reason.

Solution...leave the damn thread alone
Fine I will open it back up, jerk. Just only if all can agree they are Fans of the Chiefs, and stop the negative bs about members! Argue respectfully everyone!

Canada
08-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Fine I will open it back up, jerk. Just only if all can agree they are Fans of the Chiefs, and stop the negative bs about members! Argue respectfully everyone!I have not disrespected anyone who did not disrespect me first.

Lazeye
08-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Privilege? Some of us have contributed quite a lot to this site. It cost me plenty. I have booked hotels, game tickets, helped people with flights to and from KC, helped organized tailgate parties. That sh!t wasn't free. No one is doing be any favors by "allowing me" to post on this site.
Put me to shame why dont you!...lol
When I came to this site it was all gray colored, it took me about 5 mins to say damn this needs to be RED and Gold so I suggested it needed to be changed and for the 1st time in history I had a good idea.

Lazeye
08-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Fine I will open it back up, jerk. Just only if all can agree they are Fans of the Chiefs, and stop the negative bs about members! Argue respectfully everyone!
And you wonder why people talk sideways to each other. That was mature. Monkey see monkey do.

Coach
08-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Boy, this thread was a bad idea. Maybe I will close it. :)

Canada
08-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Boy, this thread was a bad idea. Maybe I will close it. :)I will fight you!!

tornadospotter
08-11-2011, 03:39 PM
And you wonder why people talk sideways to each other. That was mature. Monkey see monkey do.
I Know, but he is a jerk, just ask him. He will admit it. I closed the thread to cool it. I opened it back up to see if my point was made, if it was not, I will close it again.

tornadospotter
08-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Boy, this thread was a bad idea. Maybe I will close it. :)
Go ahead, I just thought we should get all the bs done in one thread, get the steam rolled off, before the season begins.

TopekaRoy
08-11-2011, 07:01 PM
I didn't come here to complain. I came for an argument!
Monty Python - Argument Clinic - YouTube

Canada
08-11-2011, 09:46 PM
:D
Monty Python - Argument Clinic - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM)
Shut the Fu*k up!!:D

tornadospotter
08-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Monty Python - Argument Clinic - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM)
:lol:

Connie Jo
08-11-2011, 11:04 PM
First, I want to be clear that I have nothing but respect for Chiefs Crowd, Coach, and the mods here. Moderating a public website is far from easy. I've never 'officially' moderated, but I was asked to assist as a nuetralizer of drama & online conflict, specifically at Kid Rock's former fan club website. It's a frustrating task at times.

There is nothing wrong with intense or heated debates, it's a natural instinct for humans to show emotion at times when disagreements and/or debates become heated. In fact, such can actually be healthy for interactive websites or forums...drama as it's often called = ratings...natural fact. It's no different than a drama series on TV...people are naturally intriqued & drawn to it. Many people when given the opportunity will eventually work it out among themselves, own up & offer apologies when they know they were wrong.

Where I feel respectable & healthy boundaries are crossed is when a disagreement turns into a personal attack of character, appearance, or ones family. Personal attacks towards someones character, appearance, family, income, race, lifestyle in general, or indimidating threats of any kind aren't acceptable by most website standards...understandably & rightfully so.

I've spent yrs. interacting in some notorious hard core music forums, including those containing gang rap battles. There isn't much I've not read, my eyes have been raped many times, so to speak. More than likely I've become complacent as such. Not much phases me I read online. I learned wisely long ago not to take the bait, and definitely not to swallow the hook even if nibbling at the bait. Besides, when comparing online conflict to real life conflict, struggles, battles, loss...it puts online conflict in proper perspective...it's simply not worth the time nor effort by comparison, & certainly not worth shortening ones lifespan with elevated blood pressure.

I do think at times moderation can be a bit too strict, but I also know there is a fine line between being too strict & not, as some personalities when given an inch will indeed take a mile. I suppose it's just a matter of ones best judgement. :/

doobs_05
08-12-2011, 06:23 AM
I hate it when people don't use their blinkers......a$$holes

Canada
08-12-2011, 06:26 AM
I hate it when people don't use their blinkers......a$
:lol: :lol: mine is burnt out so I try to turn left as much as possible. :D

doobs_05
08-12-2011, 06:44 AM
Do you turn left because that blinker works or because it's burnt out?

doobs_05
08-12-2011, 06:45 AM
And I just read "You better have an answer to solve the problem", so here is my solution.....use the blinker

AkChief49
08-12-2011, 06:46 AM
Do you turn left because that blinker works or because it's burnt out?
Or maybe you're in Nascar? Hmmmmm?

Chiefster
08-12-2011, 06:51 AM

Your financial contributions are without question an inarguable point that is well made. However, those contributions really have nothing to do with the privilege to post here. Your financial assistance to those who where in need, while appreciated, where done of your own free will; no one obligated you to that end.

chief31
08-12-2011, 07:17 AM
:lol: :lol: mine is burnt out so I try to turn left as much as possible. :D

Getting ready to enter the Sprint Cup Races?:D

Canada
08-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Your financial contributions are without question; an inarguable point that is well made. However, those contributions really have nothing to do with the privilege to post here. Your financial assistance to those who where in need, while appreciated, where done of your own free will; no one obligated you to that end.Same could be said for providing a free Chiefs site for for people to post on.

Chiefster
08-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Same could be said for providing a free Chiefs site for for people to post on.

True, and I can imagine your frustration at those who would gripe and complain about the manner in which you provide your financial contributions, or accommodations.

tornadospotter
08-14-2011, 12:19 AM
Here is my complaint, and My answers.
What is the definition of Members who are homers or see the Chiefs threw Red Glasses?
What is the definition of or name of members who do not?
The way I see it, I will always believe that we will compete and win, If we lose, I still believe that we will win the next game! Does that mean I do not believe we need to make changes or do something different, no, it just means I believe in the team. Do I think we need to spend big fa dollars for players, no. If reasonable and fit team needs, I am okay with it. I prefer building a team of Chiefs! I do not want a bought team to win. I want Chiefs! So what type of fan does that make me? Yes we have players on the team who will fail, and we need to find players to fill holes, or can become Chiefs. That is a definition of me as a fan.

I guess I do not understand how any fan of the Chiefs can just say we are done, or we will never, or anything negative thinking about the Team when there is positives about the Team, and just keep on arguing or fighting about it, before even one single regular season game has been played. That is just not me as a fan. Make your points, then let it go.

My way of Moderating!

Posting, Stop if things get heated, take a break! Good debate is healthy and keeps things and thoughts enjoyable.
Follow the Rules, if you do not like them, make a suggestion to change them for the better, or if not changed, abide by them!

We get into the regular schedule, I am sure there will be some times of heated posts, some sharp words and ect. I will take action for breaking rules. Name calling and attacking post of a member in anyway that breaks the rules will be, if reported, dealt with, to reporters liking or not, it will be addressed. Mods can not read every single post, and please do not bury us with PM's, we also have a limited time to devote to the Crowd, we also work and have a families, and limited inbox space. Just report the post, it will be addressed to your liking or not. Name calling, will be addressed by me if I am on line when reported, and I will address it, I will take it personally if I am on, I will not allow any name calling from anyone. If you call a member that is a Chief Fan, any kind of derogatory name, be it what every, I will take it wrong! That also counts for the members who are fans of other teams. So just beware! I also believe in the respect of post count, and rep. Just follow the Rules. My rant is now over, and this is just my thoughts and how I will respond as a Mod.

TS

Chiefster
08-14-2011, 06:32 AM
What is the definition of Members who are homers or see the Chiefs threw Red Glasses?
The way I see it, I will always believe that we will compete and win, If we lose, I still believe that we will win the next game! Does that mean I do not believe we need to make changes or do something different, no, it just means I believe in the team. Do I think we need to spend big fa dollars for players, no. If reasonable and fit team needs, I am okay with it. I prefer building a team of Chiefs! I do not want a bought team to win. I want Chiefs! So what type of fan does that make me? Yes we have players on the team who will fail, and we need to find players to fill holes, or can become Chiefs. That is a definition of me as a fan.

I guess I do not understand how any fan of the Chiefs can just say we are done, or we will never, or anything negative thinking about the Team when there is positives about the Team, and just keep on arguing or fighting about it, before even one single regular season game has been played. That is just not me as a fan. Make your points, then let it go.

My way of Moderating!

Posting, Stop if things get heated, take a break! Good debate is healthy and keeps things and thoughts enjoyable.
Follow the Rules, if you do not like them, make a suggestion to change them for the better, or if not changed, abide by them!

We get into the regular schedule, I am sure there will be some times of heated posts, some sharp words and ect. I will take action for breaking rules. Name calling and attacking post of a member in anyway that breaks the rules will be, if reported, dealt with, to reporters liking or not, it will be addressed. Mods can not read every single post, and please do not bury us with PM's, we also have a limited time to devote to the Crowd, we also work and have a families, and limited inbox space. Just report the post, it will be addressed to your liking or not. Name calling, will be addressed by me if I am on line when reported, and I will address it, I will take it personally if I am on, I will not allow any name calling from anyone. If you call a member that is a Chief Fan, any kind of derogatory name, be it what every, I will take it wrong! That also counts for the members who are fans of other teams. So just beware! I also believe in the respect of post count, and rep. Just follow the Rules. My rant is now over, and this is just my thoughts and how I will respond as a Mod.

TS

A great big THIS!...

Connie Jo
08-14-2011, 12:51 PM

My way of Moderating!

TS

:punk: :bananen_smilies046:

SalinaChiefsFan
08-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Has news of this rift in the land of Chiefs Crowd reached Hitler's bunker yet? Hilarity might ensue.

chief31
08-15-2011, 04:10 AM
Has news of this rift in the land of Chiefs Crowd reached Hitler's bunker yet? Hilarity might ensue.
Oh, it's not news.

This sort of thing happens all the time. :meow:

Chiefster
08-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Oh, it's not news.

This sort of thing happens all the time. :meow:

Every single season; almost like clock work.

matthewschiefs
08-15-2011, 01:01 PM

Every season? Please Chief31 and I fight at least once a week :lol:

Chiefster
08-15-2011, 01:35 PM

:lol: I stand corrected.

Coach
08-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Exactly. I don't remember an offseason where someone didn't get there panties in a bunch on this site. Once the season starts, we will be able to talk football again.

chief31
08-15-2011, 02:00 PM

You aren't alone.

I am not exactly Mr. Popular around here.

Chiefster
08-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Exactly. I don't remember an offseason where someone didn't get there panties in a bunch on this site. Once the season starts, we will be able to talk football again.

Absolutely looking forward to it. :smile

You aren't alone.

I am not exactly Mr. Popular around here.

What??? Since when? :D

Hayvern
08-15-2011, 02:56 PM

I hate it when Coach gets his panties in a bunch, it makes them so hard to take off!

Was that inappropriate? It is so hard to tell sometimes!