PDA

View Full Version : Last Night

drstandley31
08-13-2011, 07:20 PM
I don't care too much about that game, however, two points sick out like sore thumbs. Just as in years past, we cannot get pressure on a QB. In fact we make them look like Hall of Famers. And we need a back up QB bad. Other than that the pre-season is just seeing who stays and who goes.

matthewschiefs
08-13-2011, 11:29 PM
I am not to worried about the pass rush just yet. Hali Dorsey DJ and Greg didn't even play. I will be worried if I don't see a pass rush when those guys play.

drstandley31
08-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Perfectly good points. I probably didn't notice that they weren't in there at all. Had the game on while I was doing other things. Just reminded me of all the years when I was so full of hope, and that was the one thing that was missing.

azchiefsfan
08-14-2011, 01:08 PM
I don't think we've had a good pass rushing attack since we lost Derrick Thomas. Just one explosive player can make a line of average lineman look like HOFers.

kcnation
08-14-2011, 01:17 PM
I don't think we've had a good pass rushing attack since we lost Derrick Thomas. Just one explosive player can make a line of average lineman look like HOFers.

what about hali's great sack season last year.i was very impressed last year then prior years.just think we can keep getting better if someone else also steps up their game

azchiefsfan
08-14-2011, 01:19 PM
p.s. I was watching some DT highlights and it amazed me how many times other teams would pull the entire left side of their line to get the tackle and guard and rb on Thomas. And the amazing part is he would push through a triple coverage to get the sack. The man was amazing. Why the hell can't we find another really good linebacker? Damn I still miss him on and off the field.

azchiefsfan
08-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Look, I'm, hoping he really brings it this year. But he's got to be more consistent. He's got to be able to cut through San Diego and New Englands line as easy as he does Clevelands. That fear factor is not their with Hali like it was with DT. No one plans their entire line around Hali like they did DT. Maybe he'll get there, but right now he's just a pretty good player. Sorry for the brutal honesty. Before you throw stones go watch DT highlights. I think too many have forgotten how dominant a supreme linebacker is.

#58ChiefsFan
08-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Lets not forget that Hali was a 4-3 DE from 06-08 and moved to 3-4 OLB in 09 then led the AFC in sacks in 2010.

Basically this is his third year at LB, lets give him some more time before we try and hold him to a standard that Derrick set. While there will never be another Thomas, Hali has the potential to be the closest we have seen.

BoltWalt
08-14-2011, 11:13 PM
p.s. I was watching some DT highlights and it amazed me how many times other teams would pull the entire left side of their line to get the tackle and guard and rb on Thomas. And the amazing part is he would push through a triple coverage to get the sack. The man was amazing. Why the hell can't we find another really good linebacker? Damn I still miss him on and off the field.Every team is looking for that monster pass rusher, every team wants one that is what the draft is for.

IslandKing77
08-14-2011, 11:31 PM
I don't know how much more plain it could be that Haley is using the preseason games as an extension of training camp. His priority is to have the guys physically ready for a long season, not win or show strong in playoff games. If Tampa wants to play like it's a playoff game let them, it doesn't matter. The last couple of years the Chiefs do nothing and show nothing in the preseason. To do otherwise just gives free scouting to our opponents.

drstandley31
08-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Great point I-King. I fully agree with that strategy too. I do want to see what TB does in their first few games. They seemed determined to prove that they were as good or better than their record last year. I don't think a practice session can give you much more than false hope

okikcfan
08-17-2011, 12:22 PM
We all have to remember the time from training camp to the first preseason game was very short. I for one do not expect much in this next game, tho we will see the starters in there for a short time I will not really worry about anything untill the first game of the season. In Pioli and Haley I trust and the "Chiefs Will"