PDA

View Full Version : Baldwin not at Chiefs Practice

N TX Dave
08-18-2011, 05:23 PM
From Arrowhead Pride -

We're not sure what to make of the news, but Chiefs wide receiver Jonathan Baldwin (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/131357/jonathan-baldwin) is apparently missing from practice at training camp. As Nick Wright tweets, "Hearing bad things about Baldwin's absence from practice yesterday. Can't confirm anything due to Radiothon, will work on it after 6pm."

Wright later tweeted (http://twitter.com/#!/getnickwright) out that reportedly Baldwin's absence is not injury related.
This is very much an unknown situation right now so don't take things too seriously. It could be nothing.....

Seek
08-18-2011, 05:41 PM
People some times have family issues that need an excused absence.

I am not going to get my pants pulled up to my chin until I hear facts about it.

N TX Dave
08-18-2011, 06:13 PM
People some times have family issues that need an excused absence.

I am not going to get my pants pulled up to my chin until I hear facts about it.

Yes that is why the last sentence "This is very much an unknown situation right now so don't take things too seriously. It could be nothing....."

Canada
08-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Yes that is why the last sentence "This is very much an unknown situation right now so don't take things too seriously. It could be nothing....."...but it could be something!! Im gonna take this very seriously!! :D

ctchiefsfan
08-19-2011, 12:27 AM
No panic yet but I don't like hearing this. I think I will have another :toast2:

DMN
08-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Ya know given the past few daft classes I have faith in what our front office saw in this years crop... especially Baldwin and Houston cause they have question marks.

But I am not expecting anything out of this year from any of our rookies. with no offseason it is just too much to ask. any production they have on the field will just be a bonus. All we can hope for is that they learn this year and make strides to "getting it" in the NFL.

Just my stance...

Ryfo18
08-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Here's some interesting tweets from Nick Wright:

"What I'm hearing on Baldwin: 'he's as advertised. Diva, spoiled, doesn't wanna listen. Can run a Go and a Slant, and doesn't wanna work.'"

"More on Baldwin 'Todd's embarassed him a few times, but hasn't really gone off on him yet. Doesn't wanna learn how to deal w/ a jam at line'"

"Last point regarding Baldwin, no one seemed to know precisely why he missed practice on Wednesday, but all agree it wasn't injury related"

Ryfo18
08-19-2011, 12:36 PM
And now another one from Nick Wright:

"SCOOP- During locker room scuffle with Thomas Jones, #Chiefs WR Jon Baldwin injured his wrist. Likely to miss rest of preseason."

I wasn't there, but if I had to guess this happened because Baldwin was being a knucklehead, and Thomas Jones, being the leader he is, decided he needed to be put in place.

GarH
08-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Sounds like the Chiefs will have to draft a WR in the first or second round again next year.

ctchiefsfan
08-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Hearing this is NOT making me happy. Hopefully Haley and our on the field leaders can get this guy's head screwed on straight.

AkChief49
08-19-2011, 01:07 PM
He cannot be too smart to choose to mess with Thomas Jones. That dude is a rock!

Jrudi
08-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Not a better off-season than this one to get him straightend out. Pull a Bowe and put him last on the depth chart, take him away from the playing field and he will start to straighten up.

With the condensed time-frame for the offsaeason we won't loose much from benching him and sending a message. Most rookies will probably take more time to produce and in usual years, so lets get him straightened out, it's the perfect season to do it.

rodu
08-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Keep this kid on a short leash, and if that doesn't set him straight, trade him, the locker room doesn't need this

#58ChiefsFan
08-19-2011, 03:16 PM
The way Haley is building this team is similar to a Steelers or Pats team in many ways including those teams tight knit locker rooms. The team will check his attitude and the coaches will teach him the technique. If Baldwin can get it together mid season we will be fine, but I agree we won't get hurt too bad this year with the rooks.

GarH
08-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Look how long Bowe was in the doghouse and Baldwin is ten times the headcase/Diva Bowe was. I'll be very surprised if Baldwin is still here next year.

slc chief
08-19-2011, 09:13 PM
looks like thomas jones b smaked baldwin

ctchiefsfan
08-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Issues of gross stupidity have a way of working themselves out in the locker room. I'm guessing JB said something that made TJ decide JB needed a little firendly remedial education. JB will learn or the problem will get passed up the line to Haley. If it goes that far, I wouldn't expect JB to be around for long.

Current management seems to place a very high value on "team". An attitude that I think will serve our Chiefs well.

tornadospotter
08-19-2011, 11:49 PM
A sense of entitlement because I am a first round draft choice, is not the way to win the teammates of your team. You have not even yet earned your spot on the Team. To me being a first pick means you better be working to prove that you deserved that position, not being someone who believes it belongs and is given spot on the finale 53!