PDA

View Full Version : Baldwin to miss rest of preseason gets in fight with thomas jones

marloweopatchiefs
08-19-2011, 01:19 PM
This kid needs an attidute adjustment. LArry johnson all over again.

Report: Jonathan Baldwin hurts wrist in locker room fight | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/19/report-jonathan-baldwin-hurts-wrist-in-locker-room-fight/)

rodu
08-19-2011, 01:24 PM
I really, really, really hate diva receivers. That position seems to have more than any other. Time for princess to suck it up, or he won't have much of a career

#58ChiefsFan
08-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Haley will handle this, Baldwin wants to play he just needs a hard nose coach.

SAPHOJUNKIE
08-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Welp, good thing we signed Breaston. I agree with #58ChiefsFan. If anyone is going to break Baldwin (no pun intended), it will be Haley.

Dude's under contract and he'll either shape up or ship out. D Bowe went through growing pains, as did Jamaal, DJ, and Dorsey.

The only player who didn't incur Haley's wrath and completely, 100% molded to the new coaches was Hali. Look how that worked out for him.

Baldwin has all the talent, but he clearly needs to grow up.

BTW, thanks a lot Thomas Jones. How about not fighting the rookie? Jeez.

rodu
08-19-2011, 01:54 PM
For all we know, Baldwin threw the first punch, and hurt his wrist on that one. Jones did the right thing

matthewschiefs
08-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Not what you ever want to here. Hopefully this won't be something that lingers on with these guys.

KristofLaw
08-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Oh for crying out loud....

pojote
08-19-2011, 02:53 PM
For all we know, Baldwin threw the first punch, and hurt his wrist on that one. Jones did the right thing

I think that was what happened. Jones just received that punch. Anyone can be hurt if hits TJ, an USO got a "souvenir" from his visit to chiefs training camp.

IslandKing77
08-19-2011, 03:13 PM
You gotta be a dumb mother****er to swing on Thomas Jones. I say let TJ smack him around a little bit, pair them off in tackling drills. Every day.

figcrostic
08-19-2011, 04:08 PM
You gotta be a dumb mother****er to swing on Thomas Jones. I say let TJ smack him around a little bit, pair them off in tackling drills. Every day.

This I hope this guy doesn't make me eat my hat by saying I'm glad we drafted him

#58ChiefsFan
08-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Right or wrong Baldwin has a negative perception before he ever set foot on the field. The media will eat any slip up he has to their full potential. Truth is there are fights every year in training camps, I don't doubt that he had whatever words that Jones said coming to him. I also believe with the shortened offseason he is struggling to adapt far more than he is used to. But thanks to the media everyone thinks this guy is not worth coaching. Remember he spent time with Cassel in the offseason and was doing things "right" up until this. I think it sucks more for Jonathan than it does for the Chiefs. He will be fine.

Seek
08-19-2011, 05:08 PM
From what I have heard and this is coming form the Radio Media. Hailey got in Baldwin's face as he tends to do with people who need some motivation. This was seen by Nick Wright which is why he said he is missing practice due to something else.

I guess Baldwin then vented his frustrations in the locker room and Thomas Jones being a team leader confronted Baldwin about bad mouthing Hailey and being a negative cancer in the locker room, and things got ugly from there.

Don't know if it is true or not!!!

N TX Dave
08-19-2011, 05:15 PM
Here is what I just read from Arrowhead Pride:

Kevin Kietzmann says Baldwin's injury is to his thumb, not his wrist. Specifically, it's a cracked thumb. We don't know the details of the injury, or how severe it is, so we can't really guess how long he'll be out. (You can read about thumb injuries on a confusing medical website, though (http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00011).) Wright and others have reported that it'll likely cost him the entire preseason.
We still don't know how this whole thing got started, or what it was about, and we may never fully know but now there's this from Kietzmann (http://twitter.com/#!/kkwhb/status/104657138533662720), via Twitter:

Now learning it all started a day earlier with a heated exchange between Baldwin and Jamaal Charles (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/34464/jamaal-charles).
Kietzmann also said some veterans "can't stand Baldwin's sense of entitlement", which could be the "friction" ESPN's Adam Schefter alluded to on SportsCenter.
The reality show that is the NFL continues....

IslandKing77
08-19-2011, 06:41 PM
About the only thing you can say with certainty is that we as fans will never get the whole story here.

I'm inclined to assume (gasp) that the fault lies with Baldwin since Thomas Jones managed to get through all of last year without getting into any locker room fights.

Hayvern
08-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Thomas Jones as far as I know has always been a class act. He has always been a leader, a hard worker and these efforts do show on the field.

Welcome to my $4!7 list number 89, what a piece of trash!

honda522
08-19-2011, 10:23 PM

I agree, TJ has some BIG arms this year.

Chiefster
08-19-2011, 11:47 PM
Thomas Jones as far as I know has always been a class act. He has always been a leader, a hard worker and these efforts do show on the field.

Welcome to my $4!7 list number 89, what a piece of trash!

...This!

ctchiefsfan
08-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Oh Lord! The rumors are flying.....What is almost certainly true is that us fans will probably never know the whole story.

That said......JB is a rookie.....not a star. And if he ever wants to be a star, he'd best figure out pretty quick that he is a rookie....not a star.

N TX Dave
08-20-2011, 01:45 AM
Okay I found out nothing was really said from Arrowhead Pride -

The Chiefs said they would address the Thomas Jones-Jonathan Baldwin incident after tonight's game. And they did. Sort of.
In the post-game press conference. Todd Haley, when asked about Jonathan Baldwin, simply said he did not play due to injury. That was it. Hopefully we find out more soon.
Check back later and tomorrow morning for much more coverage.

chiefnut
08-20-2011, 09:33 AM
i have to say again i liked this pick the least, only cause i wanted a big NT or LT but agreed he would be a good fit IF he works out. still too early to start buidlng the gallows, just hope he gets on track fast.

jason1981
08-20-2011, 02:49 PM
i hope they make bladwin inactive for the first half of the season just to prove a point if he acts up and dont become a team player he wont be playing. i think we have enough talent on the roster to make due without him for a little while. plus then the second half we will have a wr who has fresh legs and a new attitude.

GodZirra
08-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Thomas Jones is one of the most respected and well-liked veterans in the league. Numerous teammates and coaches have mentioned how much of a positive impact that Jones has had on teams and locker rooms for years now.

I have a hard time believing that Thomas would be in the wrong in this instance.

TopekaRoy
08-20-2011, 04:28 PM
There was a similar incident a few years ago when Jones was in Chicago and the Bears drafted Cedric Benson. Benson was a whiny little diva who held out for more money. When he finally did come into training camp he expected to be the handed the staring RB job, but he wasn't willing to work hard to earn it. Like Baldwin, Benson needed an attitude adjustment and Jones gave him one. Every Bears player that commented on it later took Jones's side.

He's well respected in the Chiefs locker room and one of the leaders of this team. Whatever happened I'm sure Baldwin started it and he got what was coming to him.

Connie Jo
08-20-2011, 11:31 PM
I heard the same thing TS included in one of his posts above...that it began the day before between Charles & Baldwin. I know for a fact that Thomas Jones and Jamaal Charles are good friends off the field, they go to dinner together, etc.. As such, no doubt Jones would be protective of his friend & fellow running back, Jamaal.

I've never heard any negative comments about Thomas Jones, rather everyone speaks very highly of his character & professionalism. I'm only speculating based upon his reputation, but I can't imagine Jones being the one who initiated the conflict.

ctchiefsfan
08-20-2011, 11:32 PM
There was a similar incident a few years ago when Jones was in Chicago and the Bears drafted Cedric Benson. Benson was a whiny little diva who held out for more money. When he finally did come into training camp he expected to be the handed the staring RB job, but he wasn't willing to work hard to earn it. Like Baldwin, Benson needed an attitude adjustment and Jones gave him one. Every Bears player that commented on it later took Jones's side.

He's well respected in the Chiefs locker room and one of the leaders of this team. Whatever happened I'm sure Baldwin started it and he got what was coming to him.

Pretty much my take on this situation. First round draft picks have a bad habit of thinking they are "entitled".....

garciakcfan
08-22-2011, 12:41 PM
haley broke bowe... now its baldwins turn....

ctchiefsfan
08-22-2011, 12:55 PM
I hope you are right!

2010chiefs
08-23-2011, 12:22 AM
I don't like this guy allready. Sense of entitlement when your playing with professionals and veterans. Starting problems with Jamal Charles our star running back. Baldwin should be so lucky to be on the same field with these guys. This says alot about him. I hope i'm wrong. GO CHIEFS!

ctchiefsfan
08-23-2011, 12:24 AM
I don't like this guy allready. Sense of entitlement when your playing with professionals and veterans. Starting problems with Jamal Charles our star running back. Baldwin should be so lucky to be on the same field with these guys. This says alot about him. I hope i'm wrong. GO CHIEFS!

I think his teammates and coach Haley will straighten him out. Looks like TJ already straightened out his thumb. :smile

SIC J
08-24-2011, 02:37 PM
How does it feel for all of you to be WRONG? LOL

I knew there was more to the story and was waiting to here what it was. Baldwin didn't like the hazing, which is completely understandable. Jones sucker punches Baldwin. Now Baldwin has a broke thumb.

Words are words. Jones took it too far.

Chiefster
08-24-2011, 02:50 PM

I knew there was more to the story and was waiting to here what it was. Baldwin didn't like the hazing, which is completely understandable. Jones sucker punches Baldwin. Now Baldwin has a broke thumb.

No different than it usually does; I've been wrong before, and I suppose I'll be wrong again. :lol:

Canada
08-24-2011, 02:52 PM
No different than it usually does; I've been wrong before, and I suppose I'll be wrong again. :lol:I see he assumes his info is correct!!

SIC J
08-24-2011, 02:56 PM
No different than it usually does; I've been wrong before, and I suppose I'll be wrong again. :lol:

Haha! At least some people in this world can still man up to being wrong.

I just find it funny that people are still trying to justify that Jones "did the right thing." LOL

Chiefster
08-24-2011, 02:58 PM
I see he assumes his info is correct!!

It would appear so.

I think that this kind of thing probably happens with most NFL teams every season. Anytime you get that many personalities in the same place for four or more weeks then there are bound to be conflicts; physical and verbal.

#58ChiefsFan
08-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Aaron Wilson the ravens insider is the one giving this information

The "story" is on AP page 2 today.

ctchiefsfan
08-24-2011, 05:18 PM

If, in fact I have been wrong on this, it will be no big deal. At 54 I have been wrong plenty of times before and fully expect to be wrong a fair number of times more.

And your source for this revelation is what? You have made an assertion without providing any evidence.

ctchiefsfan
08-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Aaron Wilson the ravens insider is the one giving this information

The "story" is on AP page 2 today.

Thanks for providing the "source". http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/08/56.jpg

I'm not saying it's not true, but over the years I have learned not to believe everything I read in the Media.....including AP.

I'd like to read the story though and form my own opinions on the possible veracity. Have you got a link? I don't follow AP on the computer and actually haven't followed AP since I worked at a radio station in the days of teletype machine.

#58ChiefsFan
08-24-2011, 08:31 PM
The only thing I saw was an entry on arrowheadpride that I believe Chris wrote stating Wilson was on 610. What I saw didn't give more info than has been posted here (it's a small entry). I don't know if there is a podcast/transcript of the show Wilson was on but that would be the only way to get the story as far as I know.

Even at that it's much of the same this whole story or speculation has been so far. The only sure thing is we will never get the entire story.

ctchiefsfan
08-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Even at that it's much of the same this whole story or speculation has been so far. The only sure thing is we will never get the entire story.

And that is certainly a fact!!!!!