PDA

View Full Version : Haley is gaining a reputation as a ....

Yoda
08-20-2011, 12:29 PM
....whiney little girl around the league. This is not just from Raider fans.

Todd Haley upset with John Harbaugh | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/20/todd-haley-upset-with-john-harbaugh/)

chiefnut
08-20-2011, 01:06 PM
should we go into al davis' reputation?????

Yoda
08-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Ya....let's....

TopekaRoy
08-20-2011, 01:13 PM
I hate to agree with a Raiders fan:bartsimpson:but I'm on Harbaugh's side here. Just because there is only a minute left in the game doesn't mean you should not use the opportunity to see what your 3rd (and 4th) stringers can do. Many of those players are "on the bubble" and he has to evaluate them to decide who he will keep and who he will cut.

Yeah, you scored against players who aren't good enough to play in the NFL. Big deal. It's preseason and the score doesn't count. What McDaniels did with the Broncos was different. Running up the score in a regular season game is just bad sportsmanship.

Haley's anger should be directed at the defensive players he had on the field. Their job was to prevent the Ravens from scoring and they failed.

I think Haley was caught up in the emotions of the moment and later realized that Harbaugh was doing the right thing. I don't believe this will develop into a pattern of behavior on his part. He just doesn't like when his team gives up points and he gets emotional about it. I think that's a good thing.

matthewschiefs
08-20-2011, 01:20 PM
I hate to agree with a Raiders fan:bartsimpson:but I'm on Harbaugh's side here. Just because there is only a minute left in the game doesn't mean you should not use the opportunity to see what your 3rd (and 4th) stringers can do. Many of those players are "on the bubble" and he has to evaluate them to decide who he will keep and who he will cut.

Yeah, you scored against players who aren't good enough to play in the NFL. Big deal. It's preseason and the score doesn't count. What McDaniels did with the Broncos was different. Running up the score in a regular season game is just bad sportsmanship.

Haley's anger should be directed at the defensive players he had on the field. Their job was to prevent the Ravens from scoring and they failed.

I think Haley was caught up in the emotions of the moment and later realized that Harbaugh was doing the right thing. I don't believe this will develop into a pattern of behavior on his part. He just doesn't like when his team gives up points and he gets emotional about it. I think that's a good thing.

I will respectfully disagree with you here

What the Ravens did lastnight IMO was show no class. Yes the preseason is ment to see what the young guys can do and the 3 stringers can do if you want to get a look at them THEN DON'T PLAY YOUR STARTERS INTO THE 3rd Quater in that game. It's there own fault if they did not get enough guys enough plays.

On any play someone can get hurt. If someone would have gotten hurt on that play just because the Ravens wanted to add anther TD to there preseaon toatal then I would be even more ticked at what they did. Luckly no one did get hurt. But they should have not even been put in that postion. What the ravens did was a blantent FU to our team. One that I hope we get the chance to repay them for both that and the playoff loss this year.

Chiefster
08-20-2011, 01:20 PM
Meh.

I could care less what the rest of the league thinks of Haley; all that matters to me is our win/loss record - in the regular/post seasons.

TopekaRoy
08-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Then we will respectfully agree to disagree. :bananen_smilies046:
But I completely agree with one thing you sad.

... if you want to get a look at them THEN DON'T PLAY YOUR STARTERS INTO THE 3rd Quater in that game. It's there own fault if they did not get enough guys enough plays.

What the heck was Flacco doing on the field to start the 3rd quarter? Harbaugh should know by now what he brings to the game. I loved the fact that our backups held their own against the Ravens starters. The fact that we gave up most of those points when the far end of our bench was on the field doesn't really concern me as most of those guys will rarely see the field. But, again, It's just preseason. Who cares what the final score was?

Meh.
Well said. You have a way with words. :D That's pretty much what I think, as well.

N TX Dave
08-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Meh.

I could care less what the rest of the league thinks of Haley; all that matters to me is our win/loss record - in the regular/post seasons.

I agree with you if the rest of the league hates him, most teams are not too enamored with Belichick but he still wins in spite of that.

Chiefster
08-20-2011, 01:43 PM
Then we will respectfully agree to disagree. :bananen_smilies046:
But I completely agree with one thing you sad.

What the heck was Flacco doing on the field to start the 3rd quarter? Harbaugh should know by now what he brings to the game. I loved the fact that our backups held there own against the Ravens starters. The fact that we gave up most of those points when the far end of our bench was on the field doesn't really concern me as most of those guys will rarely see the field. But, again, It's just preseason. Who cares what the final score was?

Well said. You have a way with words. :D That's pretty much what I think, as well.

Thanks, and a great big...THIS!

Canada
08-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Why is this news?? ...Oh yeah, a Raider fan posted it

Yoda
08-20-2011, 02:34 PM

Damm straight!!!:punk:

IslandKing77
08-20-2011, 03:47 PM
I guess it's just the pussification of the American culture in that it can in anyway be considered a bad thing when someone calls bullship when they see bullship.

What the Ravens did was tacky and unprofessional. Instead of thinking so and not doing or saying anything about it, Haley let Harbaugh know it was a douche move. To just sit there and feel one way while acting another is what would make someone "a whiney little girl".

The Ravens got embarrassed in over 3 quarters of football when their big name francheesey quarterback couldn't get anything going against no name players. Lee Evans is a beast but Baltimore is going to miss Heap more and more as the season goes on. I doubt they'll even make it to the post season this year.

Yoda
08-20-2011, 04:01 PM
I guess it's just the pussification of the American culture in that it can in anyway be considered a bad thing when someone calls bullship when they see bullship.

What the Ravens did was tacky and unprofessional. Instead of thinking so and not doing or saying anything about it, Haley let Harbaugh know it was a douche move. To just sit there and feel one way while acting another is what would make someone "a whiney little girl".

The Ravens got embarrassed in over 3 quarters of football when their big name francheesey quarterback couldn't get anything going against no name players. Lee Evans is a beast but Baltimore is going to miss Heap more and more as the season goes on. I doubt they'll even make it to the post season this year.

That's one way to spin it.

azchiefsfan
08-20-2011, 05:07 PM

:punk::bananen_smilies046:

honda522
08-20-2011, 05:59 PM
Hell I was upset to see them trying to score at the 8 second mark.

SIC J
08-20-2011, 07:35 PM
I will respectfully disagree with you here

What the Ravens did lastnight IMO was show no class. Yes the preseason is ment to see what the young guys can do and the 3 stringers can do if you want to get a look at them THEN DON'T PLAY YOUR STARTERS INTO THE 3rd Quater in that game. It's there own fault if they did not get enough guys enough plays.

On any play someone can get hurt. If someone would have gotten hurt on that play just because the Ravens wanted to add anther TD to there preseaon toatal then I would be even more ticked at what they did. Luckly no one did get hurt. But they should have not even been put in that postion. What the ravens did was a blantent FU to our team. One that I hope we get the chance to repay them for both that and the playoff loss this year.

Not to mention players keeping balls and celebrating like it was a Super Bowl game. I mean really? A preseason TD doesn't if count in your stats as a REAL TD. LOL

matthewschiefs
08-20-2011, 08:09 PM

It's news because like many things the media is makeing a moutain out of a molehill. Haley didn't even make a big deal out of it. The quote he basicly said is "I don't know about that" Since when did that become a big deal. People disagree with each other every day. It's just how the world works. But since a camra happend to be around it became a big deal.

THIS.
If the Ravens had to run a play to beat a playclock and they scored then ok so be it. I don't think there would have been a problem. By them doing what they did feels like they lined up and just gave the chiefs the middle finger. Then the BS excuse he made for it while playing his starters into the 3rd quater didn't help matters any as well. All in all I think we owe the Ravens one. Hopefully we get a chance at payback this postseason and we send them home. :chiefs:

Hayvern
08-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Blah blah blah, if Haley doesn't want to get scored against, then get players on the field that can stop the scoring drive. In the preseason the score does not matter, it is all about players trying to show they have what it takes to make the team. There were defensive players on the field for the Chiefs that could have stopped the drive, but failed.

Stop whining about it Haley and play the game. Take it as a learning opportunity and team those kids on the field something about it.

Connie Jo
08-20-2011, 09:50 PM

I agree completely. I was thinking about it last night. I put it into perspective comparible to when you go to a restaurant and receive bad service. If you don't leave a tip the waiter/waitress simply assumes you're cheap or forgot. If you leave a penny however, it makes a statement you weren't pleased with the service and it's not okay.

Todd Haley not shaking the hand of a coach who shows no respect for the opposing coach & team, nor respect for NFL tradition, makes a clear statement he does not respect those who disrespect him & his team, and it's not okay!

GO CHIEFS!!

matthewschiefs
08-20-2011, 10:21 PM
I agree completely. I was thinking about it last night. I put it into perspective comparible to when you go to a restaurant and receive bad service. If you don't leave a tip the waiter/waitress simply assumes you're cheap or forgot. If you leave a penny however, it makes a statement you weren't pleased with the service and it's not okay.

Todd Haley not shaking the hand of a coach who shows no respect for the opposing coach & team, nor respect for NFL tradition, makes a clear statement he does not respect those who disrespect him & his team, and it's not okay!

GO CHIEFS!!

I completely agree.

What the Ravens did was nothing but a slap in the face. Yes it's preseason and guys need to be on tape. But if they needed to be on tape that badly then they would not have played there starters into the 3rd quater. It was just a move to say FU to the chiefs.

I for one am glad haley didn't put on the BS smiley face and say it's ok. I am glad that when he feels that this team is being disrespected (right or wrong) he stands up and fights for his team. It's what a head coach should do. John Harbaugh would have been upset if it happend to his team. As really would ANY coach in the NFL. Not because they scored a extra td but the way they went about doing it. Haley just doesn't hide it when he feels upset like most coaches do. He lets you know how he is feeling. It's one of the many things that he brought to this team that the former coach didn't. It's why IMO he's a MUCH better head coach.

#58ChiefsFan
08-20-2011, 10:54 PM
I don't think the ravens were shady there. It's a 60 minute game not 58:52. The pass should have been picked if we were still playing at that point. What better goal line situation than a bunch of pissed off players trying to stop a run?

Haley being mad was alright with me too, I agree that's much better than how Herm would have handled it. Who gives a crap if people outside the Chiefs likes him, I love the way he coaches.

tornadospotter
08-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Meh.

I respectfully agree with you assessment, of the issue.
:toast2:

tornadospotter
08-20-2011, 11:03 PM
I don't think the ravens were shady there. It's a 60 minute game not 58:52. The pass should have been picked if we were still playing at that point. What better goal line situation than a bunch of pissed off players trying to stop a run?

Haley being mad was alright with me too, I agree that's much better than how Herm would have handled it. Who gives a crap if people outside the Chiefs likes him, I love the way he coaches.
I live in Huskerland, and we have a Head Coach of the Huskers, that is not afraid to get in the face of anyone, including players, refs, ect. He believes in his team, and stands up for his players, he has is a fiery, passionate personality! We love him in Huskerland, and so does his players! I have no issue with Haley, at this time. But in the NFL, it is about the W's.

ctchiefsfan
08-21-2011, 12:40 AM
Not to try to overthink this, but.....

Our players don't like it when they lose and I think it bothers them more if they feel the opposing team is "dissing" them by running up the score.

I think Haley showing a little "attitude" when that kind of thing happens is good for team spirit.

I think that finger in McDaniels face last year was good for the team.

I hope every damn coach, team and commentator calls Haley a whining little BIOTCH while we are on our way to the Super Bowl!

I for one LIKE Haley's attitude!

:chiefs:

Chiefster
08-21-2011, 01:59 AM
I respectfully agree with you assessment, of the issue.
:toast2:

:bananen_smilies046:

TopekaRoy
08-21-2011, 03:19 AM
I've thought about this some more since I made my original post in this thread supporting Harbaugh and there's one thing about what he said that doesn't make sense to me.

He said that the situation was different because it was preseason game and he needed to run plays to evaluate his players. If there were 8 seconds left and the entire Chiefs defense was expecting the Ravens to take a knee, How hard is it to score against them? These were mostly 4th stringers who won't make the team anyway. What does Harbaugh learn about his players from that? That they can score against scrubs who aren't even trying to stop them?

I still think in a preseason game, you should play hard to the last second regardless of the score. If I was at the bottom of the depth chart and I knew I had very few chances to impress the coaches anyway, and one or 2 plays could be the difference between making a pretty good income as a professional football player or having to get a real job, i would be playing as hard as I can.

I understand that coaches are using the game to evaluate talent and you have certain plays you want to run, regardless of the score or the down and distance. But situations change over the course of the game. Maybe there are a lot of turnovers and you don't get many offensive plays so you have to focus on the defense for that game. Or maybe, ... you are already up 24-13 and there's only 8 seconds left on the clock.

The more I have thought about it, the more I have leaned toward Haley on this. I have no problem with any of the other scoring drives, but the last one was pointless and revealed nothing about the players on the field. It was bad sportsmanship and he shouldn't have done it.

I stand (self) corrected.

chief31
08-21-2011, 04:47 AM
Blah blah blah, if Haley doesn't want to get scored against, then get players on the field that can stop the scoring drive. In the preseason the score does not matter, it is all about players trying to show they have what it takes to make the team. There were defensive players on the field for the Chiefs that could have stopped the drive, but failed.

Stop whining about it Haley and play the game. Take it as a learning opportunity and team those kids on the field something about it.

I have no problem with Haley having some words for Harbaugh.

But I totally agree that, if he didn't like it, he should have done something about it when it was happening.

Can't? Then too bad.

Right.

Whining isn't whining.

Not whining is whining.

:sign0153:

I am fine with Coach Haley making a statement to Harbaugh.

But that was some real serious spin you added to the discussion right there.

So he is getting a bad reputation? Vermiel was a known as the guy who cried seven times each season.
Makes no difference to me.

I will form my opinion of the coach in my own way. And it rarely matches what the majority thinks.

Did Harbaugh do anything worng?

Nope.

It's a football game. He instructed his players to play football.

No rules were broken. And he got a rare goalline opportunity for his "tryout" players.

ctchiefsfan
08-21-2011, 11:40 AM
The more I have thought about it, the more I have leaned toward Haley on this. I have no problem with any of the other scoring drives, but the last one was pointless and revealed nothing about the players on the field. It was bad sportsmanship and he shouldn't have done it.

I stand (self) corrected.

My complements Sir.

azchiefsfan
08-21-2011, 02:22 PM
I really don't think it matters. Look, training camps are hard work and the best these guys playing in the 4th quarter can do is get on the practice squad. Harbaugh threw a bone to some guys who will never score in a regular season game. Haley took exception to it. End of story. We aren't whiny New England or Dallas fans, this shouldn't matter.

OPLookn
08-22-2011, 01:10 AM
Why is it when this happens with little kids its poor sportsmanship every single time but if it's a pro game there are lots of reasons as to why it happened. Poor sportsmanship doesn't get thrown out the window at any level.

chiefnut
08-22-2011, 07:59 AM
this is much ado about nothing!!!

Hayvern
08-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Why is it when this happens with little kids its poor sportsmanship every single time but if it's a pro game there are lots of reasons as to why it happened. Poor sportsmanship doesn't get thrown out the window at any level.

Because little kids need to be coddled and taken care of, no one wants to see an 8 year old cry.

Of course no one wants to see a 48 year old cry either, but the difference is that a 48 year old should be able to take it.

OPLookn
08-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Because little kids need to be coddled and taken care of, no one wants to see an 8 year old cry.

Of course no one wants to see a 48 year old cry either, but the difference is that a 48 year old should be able to take it.

But seeing a 48 yrs old cry is just as awkward which is why it should be avoided at all costs. :lol:

Overall things are looking better to me for this year. I'm not concerned that Baltimore put up 3 touchdowns on our 3rd and 4th string with seven and a half minutes left in the game.

Chiefster
08-22-2011, 10:03 PM
this is much ado about nothing!!!

...This.

Canada
08-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Surprise surprise....a Raider fan started this a thread with the wrong information. Who would have thunk it!!

Scout.com: Media Drops the Ball on Haley Story (http://kan.scout.com/2/1098137.html)

Seek
08-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Tom Cable punches his own coaches,

Bill Bilecheck is the biggest whinner around.

Rex Ryan is a loud mouth trash talker.

Raheem Morris inserted foot into mout last year declaring his team the best NFC team.

Josh McDaniels was a tea bag and was fired for it.

Haley yells at players, and coaches and is now being called a cry baby by Raider Fans...

D. Vermeil was an emotional Cry Baby.

Herm Edwards was a Sunday Mornring serman about being a player, and prevent anyone from Cursing on his team.

Gunther cursed all the time, and even went off on a fan on the road after a win.

Marty could never win a play off game and supposedly liked the Cheer leaders to much.

Point of my post is that everyone can find something about any coach in the NFL to try and Brand them with. It is simply someone trying to make a story.

Who cares? Really?

ctchiefsfan
08-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Not me! I think Haley is a good coach and will soon get us our first playoff victory since '94 and has a good chance of getting us to the Super Bowl.

:chiefs:

doobs_05
08-24-2011, 02:00 AM
Haley is also down with Lil Wayne, i don't see any other coaches taking a night off to go see Lil Wayne with a player (B. Flowers)

chief31
08-24-2011, 04:08 AM
Haley is also down with Lil Wayne, i don't see any other coaches taking a night off to go see Lil Wayne with a player (B. Flowers)

True. Even if Lil Wayne does suck.:D

doobs_05
08-24-2011, 07:43 AM

Very true

chiefnut
08-26-2011, 03:50 PM

who's lil wayne????

OPLookn
08-26-2011, 03:58 PM
who's lil wayne????

I think lil wayne is the black sheep cousin to regular sized wayne.

:lol:

jwmann2
08-31-2011, 12:53 AM
It's the preseason who cares? Teams didn't have much of an offseason, so no one is looking up to par. Still shaking off the rust...

Sn@keIze
09-02-2011, 06:21 AM
Haleys a whiney lil *****.

You are showing self pity in front of your team for real? and your the HC?

Cut yourself Haley. And you can take that however you want.