PDA

View Full Version : Raiders take Pryor

drstandley31
08-22-2011, 02:56 PM
I'm a life long Chief fan and Buckeye. I laughed my *** off when I saw they spent a pick on Pryor. :yahoo:

matthewschiefs
08-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Got to love AL Davis LOL

Seek
08-22-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm a life long Chief fan and Buckeye. I laughed my *** off when I saw they spent a pick on Pryor. :yahoo:

What round did they give up. Can you all say J. Russell Part Deux...

C Louie
08-22-2011, 03:54 PM
What round did they give up. Can you all say J. Russell Part Deux...
They gave up a 3rd round pick.

AkChief49
08-22-2011, 05:14 PM
He ran a 4.38 40..of course Al was going to take him.

Seek
08-22-2011, 05:16 PM
They gave up a 3rd round pick.

I saw that. I guess they didn't have a 4th rounder to give up so it was either a 3rd or hope he fell to a 5th.

I guess for a 3rd it is possible they just found an upgrade at starting Qb, but I just can't think he will be any improvement over what they had,or have. Best Case scenerio he turns into another Jason Cambell, worste case scenerio he turns into the J. Russell that he is commonly compared to.

matthewschiefs
08-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Giveing up a 3rd rounder for him Now they won't have a pick from rounds 2-4 GOOD JOB FAIDERS LOL

drstandley31
08-22-2011, 06:18 PM
I've watched every game this kid has played at OSU. He has great ability, athletic as they make them. And dumb as a box of nails. Can't read a D. Can't look off a receiver, and has gotten by with his speed. Well that's not going to work in the NFL. If he thinks he's going to tuck and run everytime his primary receiver is covered, he won't last a whole game.

Yoda
08-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Wow, ok Chiefs fans....a couple of things. 1st, the Raiders will be compensated for the Namndi and Miller loss. So they will have picks in the 3rd and 4th round....possibly in the second. 2nd....if the Chiefs chose Pryor, their would be few that would be pissed at the head office but most of you would be spinning it as a positive for the team.

I am not excited or bummed about the choice.....I will just wait and see what happens and leave it at that.

spiman
08-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Glad we do not have him.. I am pleased for once we are solid at QB status, !st and 2nd string.. Been awhile.

AkChief49
08-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Maybe a Kordell Stewart kind of thing?

Yoda
08-22-2011, 09:50 PM
Possibly. Personally, he could be a beast at TE. The last QB the Raiders groom was Stabler.....DAMM!! I will say this, the Raiders have better success grooming TE's....Casper was a tackle @ ND, Christensen was a FB....Ethan Horton was a RB (I believe w/the Chiefs).

Hayvern
08-23-2011, 02:11 AM
Possibly. Personally, he could be a beast at TE. The last QB the Raiders groom was Stabler.....DAMM!! I will say this, the Raiders have better success grooming TE's....Casper was a tackle @ ND, Christensen was a FB....Ethan Horton was a RB (I believe w/the Chiefs).

I have heard others talking about making him a tight end. It is pretty clear that this kid will not be playing QB in the NFL, even for the Raiders.

Honestly, I expect to see him standing in the unemployment line by the start of next season. Gotta love Al though, as always, the Crypt Keeper never fails to live down to everyone's expectations.

Hayvern
08-23-2011, 02:22 AM
OH WOW, gotta love this guy!

Terrelle Pryor Drafted By Raiders, Al Davis' Reign of Stupid Continues | AthlonSports.com (http://www.athlonsports.com/nfl/terrelle-pryor-drafted-raiders-al-davis-reign-terror-continues-0)

chiefnut
08-23-2011, 07:41 AM

from espn, raiders drafted pryor to play QB:efpge:

Seek
08-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Wow, ok Chiefs fans....a couple of things. 1st, the Raiders will be compensated for the Namndi and Miller loss. So they will have picks in the 3rd and 4th round....possibly in the second. 2nd....if the Chiefs chose Pryor, their would be few that would be pissed at the head office but most of you would be spinning it as a positive for the team.

I am not excited or bummed about the choice.....I will just wait and see what happens and leave it at that.

Actually I pissed at the thought of the Chiefs even wasting time at thought of signing him. Even the local media was joking about it.

Then again to positvely spin it as us Chiefs Fans do, I wouldn't be opposed to turning him into pass rushing DE/OLB or maybe a Tight End.

Look on the Bright Side, this draft isn't as bad as the Broncos pick of Tim Tebow, but Pryor does fail it just proves that Al Davis needs to be hire a GM to think logically about picking players other than just picking the fastest guys out there.

Yoda
08-23-2011, 07:14 PM
There is truth and history in what you say, the Raiders most successful years happened when a GM was in place, 70's -early 80's Ron Wolf was a huge part of that success, in the late 90's and early 2000's it was Bruce Allen. Al has had a storied career, and needs to retire and hand over the reigns to his son Mark who would hire a GM.

drstandley31
08-28-2011, 12:21 PM
[quote=Yoda;233497]Wow, ok Chiefs fans....a couple of things. 1st, the Raiders will be compensated for the Namndi and Miller loss. So they will have picks in the 3rd and 4th round....possibly in the second. 2nd....if the Chiefs chose Pryor, their would be few that would be pissed at the head office but most of you would be spinning it as a positive for the team.
quote]
Positive spin? You're out of your mind. There's nothing positive about it! The kid's an idiot. I live in Columbus, I live and bleed buckeye. I've hoped he'd get better, but never did. He's got great stats because of speed, which won't be a big weapon in the NFL. Why would I find it positive if he were a Chief, when I'm happy he's no longer a buckeye? The only positive is.... you got him.

jwmann2
08-31-2011, 12:44 AM
J Russell and Pryor both have ugly throwing motions. Correction: J Russell HAD an ugly throwing motion. Almost as big of a bust as Ryan Leaf. What's sad is that they said they will be playing him at QB. I am rooting for him to surprise people but if you can't make the right decisions off of the field how will you in front of 70,000?

AkChief49
08-31-2011, 05:01 PM
not sure if it matters to a hill of beans, but Pryor's wonderlic score was a 7

Report: Pryor scored a seven on the Wonderlic | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/31/report-pryor-scored-a-seven-on-the-wonderlic/)

OPLookn
08-31-2011, 05:15 PM
not sure if it matters to a hill of beans, but Pryor's wonderlic score was a 7

Report: Pryor scored a seven on the Wonderlic | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/31/report-pryor-scored-a-seven-on-the-wonderlic/)

That doesn't exactly tell the whole story. The link below tells a little bit more about the wonderlic test and suprizingly I learned something. I know, don't fall out of your chairs people. He got a 7 the first time he took it and a 21 the second time. I guess they split the difference and put him down for a 14.

Apparently you take the wonderlic twice... "Seniors entering the regular phase of the draft generally take the Wonderlic test twice. The first time is in the spring of their junior year, usually on campus in March, and the second time is at the NFL scouting combine in late February two months before the draft."

Overall, heck no I wouldn't want Pryor and if we'd have drafted him I'd have been scratching my head and saying what in the WORLD is Pioli doing. At the end of the day I'd trust Prioli but if he'd chosen Pryor I'd have a big ole asterisk beside that choice as a bad one.

Buckeyes' Pryor low on Wonderlic test - JSOnline (http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/128838323.html)

AkChief49
08-31-2011, 07:13 PM
Apparently you take the wonderlic twice... "Seniors entering the regular phase of the draft generally take the Wonderlic test twice. The first time is in the spring of their junior year, usually on campus in March, and the second time is at the NFL scouting combine in late February two months before the draft."

Buckeyes' Pryor low on Wonderlic test - JSOnline (http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/128838323.html)

True, but he took it two days in a row. Which tells a lot.

"NFL teams almost always recognize a player's first score as the most legitimate score. In fact, some teams toss out the combine scores for seniors and go strictly with the first score. It's different for underclassmen, whose only stab at the Wonderlic is at the combine."

Probably a hill of beans, Dan Marino scored a 13. He was pretty good.

OPLookn
09-01-2011, 11:18 AM
True, but he took it two days in a row. Which tells a lot.

"NFL teams almost always recognize a player's first score as the most legitimate score. In fact, some teams toss out the combine scores for seniors and go strictly with the first score. It's different for underclassmen, whose only stab at the Wonderlic is at the combine."

Probably a hill of beans, Dan Marino scored a 13. He was pretty good.

Don't get me wrong, not trying to stand up for the guy. I think him trying to stay at a QB position will have him out of the NFL at or before his contract expires. Maybe I'm wrong but if I've got him pegged right I've played sports with guys like him. Tons of talent but doesn't really work all that hard because he doesn't have to. That will have to change if he wants to stay in the NFL.

And seriously...who scores a 7 on the wonderlic?!? I'm thinking I could go drinking with Canada and the next day I could still score better than a 7. Question #1) What is your name? ...ugh I'm still drunk...wait, I know this one! :lol:

AkChief49
09-01-2011, 03:18 PM
I am not trying to stand up for the dude either. I agree with you on the QB statement, but he has speed. He could always go the Kordell Stewart route. But speed does not always translate either. Renaldo Nehemiah(WR -49ers) was a sprinter and probably in the top 5/ 40 yd. times and he had 4 TD's in his 3 year career.

Like you said, if he's a slouch with airs of entitlement, none of it matters anyway.
:bananen_smilies046:
So, Pryor's answer to "are you smarter than a fifth grader?" is.......:sign0103: and :sign0135: