PDA

View Full Version : In case you needed a laugh...Larry Johnson signed by Miami

OPLookn
08-23-2011, 01:30 PM
Larry Johnson signs with Miami Dolphins - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6887657/larry-johnson-signs-miami-dolphins)

We play the dolphins Nov. 6th. May all other running backs be hurt and the defense pi$$ed off...and yes Johnson IS 31 yrs old.

Seek
08-23-2011, 01:36 PM
It would have been better if he signed with the Raiders.

Chiefster
08-23-2011, 01:59 PM
It would have been better if he signed with the Raiders.

He would have fit in better there with the criminal brotherhood. :lol:

70 chiefsfan70
08-23-2011, 02:11 PM
He worked hard for that reputation and the raiders must have over looked that.

Chiefster
08-23-2011, 02:24 PM
He worked hard for that reputation and the raiders must have over looked that.

Perhaps his beginning with the Chiefs disqualified him. :D

Seek
08-23-2011, 02:24 PM
I forgot LJ runs with the East Side, not really a West Side guy. He wouldn't fit in with the Raiders.

Chiefster
08-23-2011, 02:27 PM
I forgot LJ runs with the East Side, not really a West Side guy. He wouldn't fit in with the Raiders.

Good point. :D

Obviously, the Jets, Giants and Buffalo had better sense.

azchiefsfan
08-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Miami has a history of signing over-the-hill running backs and throwing obscene amounts of money at them, just to have them ride the pine.

matthewschiefs
08-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Who?

#58ChiefsFan
08-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Mercury Morris must have had schedule conflicts....

Or

Those 2 yards on 5 carries must have really impressed someone....

SIC J
08-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Wow you guys should really get over it already. Its been how long now? When LJ was in KC rushing for 1700 yards, you guys weren't talking all this crap.

I just hope he doesn't run all over the Chiefs when they play the Dolphins cuz you guys are gonna regret all this trash talk. He who talks the most crap usually gets the worse end of the situation. I hope I'm wrong on this one though.

josh1971
08-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Wow you guys should really get over it already. Its been how long now? When LJ was in KC rushing for 1700 yards, you guys weren't talking all this crap.

I just hope he doesn't run all over the Chiefs when they play the Dolphins cuz you guys are gonna regret all this trash talk. He who talks the most crap usually gets the worse end of the situation. I hope I'm wrong on this one though.

You must not have seen the Chiefs smoosh Bo Jackson...

I'm not really all that riled up about Larry, but after he rushed for 1700 yards, he became an assaulting, disruptive, criminal, loud mouth locker room cancer. He has well earned the trashing he gets from KC fans.

kcvet
08-23-2011, 09:32 PM
lets see if he can fish or cut bait

IslandKing77
08-23-2011, 09:52 PM

When a topic comes up that you don't know anything about, the best option is probably to refrain from commenting.

Chiefs V Bengals 2009 right after we dumped LJ.

11 yards on 4 touches.

We had one of the worst run defenses in the NFL that year. Yeah, LJ really showed us.

This game in November with Miami isn't even something to look forward to at this point, LJ has to make the final roster first.

matthewschiefs
08-23-2011, 10:03 PM
When a topic comes up that you don't know anything about, the best option is probably to refrain from commenting.

11 yards on 4 touches.

We had one of the worst run defenses in the NFL that year. Yeah, LJ really showed us.

This game in November with Miami isn't even something to look forward to at this point, LJ has to make the final roster first.

LJ had like a 3 yard run in that game and started to taunt the Chief defender that tackled him. That's all you really need to know about just how much he has fallen. It's sad to see what he is now compared to what he was in 06.

AkChief49
08-23-2011, 10:37 PM
LJ had like a 3 yard run in that game and started to taunt the Chief defender that tackled him. That's all you really need to know about just how much he has fallen. It's sad to see what he is now compared to what he was in 06.
Roaf, Waters, Weigmann, T.Rich and Shields made Larry what he was in 05-06. (Roaf and T.rich were not there in 06 so he needed 80 more carries to attain 1700+ yds.)

SIC J
08-24-2011, 12:08 AM

11 yards on 4 touches.

LMAO! That's funny. I've been a Chiefs fan since I've known what football was, I grew up in SAN DIEGO, and have been here almost my whole life (I'm 31). Get out of here with that crap. LOL

ctchiefsfan
08-24-2011, 12:53 AM
LJ served us well for a while. Can't deny him that.

Then he had his chance and he blew it.

Not the first to do that.

I'm PISSED at him because of what he could have done for our Chiefs if he hadn't been such a dumbass FOOL!

I hope he makes the cut with those damned Fish! Only team I hate worse than the Fish is the Raiders!

If he does we will shut his :mooning: down so hard he will never know what hit him!

Good luck LJ......but in the end you didn't have what it takes to be on a real team.

Seek
08-24-2011, 09:16 AM

I seem to remember people in KC hating on LJ for one hitting women, and 2 for talking trash on KC even though he ran for almost 1700 yards but there were very few supporters.

He did so much stuff to get negative attention it was not funny. The rap song that came out just after he got his contract bashing CP and KC.

Many of the discussions got so heated that the people supporting him were being labeled as Women beaters themselves because there just wasn't a good excuse for supporting him.

Chiefster
08-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Roaf, Waters, Weigmann, T.Rich and Shields made Larry what he was in 05-06. (Roaf and T.rich were not there in 06 so he needed 80 more carries to attain 1700+ yds.)

...This.

SIC J
08-24-2011, 03:20 PM
The way I look at it, is if the stuff didn't go down with LJ, Chiefs would've never realized the talent of Charles.

ctchiefsfan
08-24-2011, 03:26 PM
LJ had a lot of physical talent. Can't take that away from him. Unfortunately his talents did not extend to being a team player or a decent member of society.

I think his temperment was better suited to a team like the Faiders, Giants or Jets. Oakland has always liked thugs and New York would have been more forgiving of his antics than KC.

In fact, he might have been a real favorite over in Oakland. Kind of surprised they didn't pick him up at some point.

honda522
08-24-2011, 04:47 PM
I already laughed the other day..should i laugh some more?

Chiefster
08-24-2011, 05:46 PM
I already laughed the other day..should i laugh some more?

I've heard that laughter is healthy for you. :D

azchiefsfan
08-24-2011, 05:52 PM
All I got to say is that my Priest Holmes jersey is on it's way. Wait, who were we talking about?

ctchiefsfan
08-24-2011, 07:03 PM
All I got to say is that my Priest Holmes jersey is on it's way. Wait, who were we talking about?

Yeah....LJ was no Priest.

Canada
08-25-2011, 09:52 AM

11 yards on 4 touches.

LMAO! That's funny. I've been a Chiefs fan since I've known what football was, I grew up in SAN DIEGO, and have been here almost my whole life (I'm 31). Get out of here with that crap. LOL????

azchiefsfan
08-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Believe it or not, I really miss Tamarick Vanover.He was an awsome runner. I often think of how good he could have been if he hadn't got involved in stolen cars and weed running. He made serious bank playing for us. I guess sometimes it's true; you can take the man out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the man.

KristofLaw
08-25-2011, 11:18 AM
I don't think LJ grew up in the hood though.

SIC J
08-25-2011, 12:04 PM
I don't think LJ grew up in the hood though.

Yeah I'm pretty sure he didn't either.

azchiefsfan
08-25-2011, 09:07 PM
I got my Priest Holmes jersey today. Black with red/gold trim. Adding to my 2 Marcus Allen, 2 D Thomas and Joe Montana. Now I just need a Lenny Dawson and Eric Berry and I'm a happy guy. But yeah, I was talking specifically about Vanover, but I assumed LJ was a gang punk too, but I read his bio and he comes from a good family. His dad must be so disappointed.

jwmann2
08-31-2011, 12:48 AM
Larry Johnson did nothing in his brief stint with Cincinnati. Why Miami thinks he can still contribute is beyond me. He stepped in and had a few good seasons behind an offense that was centered around Priest Holmes. So what?

TopekaRoy
09-08-2011, 06:50 PM
(Reposted from the "wrong" thread:)

Sorry to bring back a dead thread but I just read that the Dolphins signed, cut, and now re-signed Larry Johnson. Now that's funny!

Talk about a dysfunctional franchise ...

Chiefster
09-08-2011, 10:48 PM

Sorry to bring back a dead thread but I just read that the Dolphins signed, cut, and now re-signed Larry Johnson. Now that's funny!

:lol::lol::lol:

SIC J
09-09-2011, 12:23 PM

I believe it is because one of their RBs got hurt.

Big Daddy Tek
09-10-2011, 02:08 AM
Larry Johnson was amazing for a short time. Nobody can take that from him. He was literally unstoppable. His highlight reel was as awesome as anybody who ever ran for this team.

Herm ran him over 400 times one year and he was never the same.

He had a big mouth, was angry, was immature and could not handle authority. He thought that he was better than everybody else, especially women.

His ego became huge around the same time that he sacrificially ruined his body. He came back the following season thinking that he was the man. Big contract, beautiful women, ALL PRO, the works.

One problem, he was used up and injury prone. Slow to the hole, couldn't run over people any more and was playing behind an awful offensive line.

I think it all came together and spun out of control.

All the sudden he was spitting in womens faces and talking smack about Haley on twitter. The dude totally imploded.

Bottom line is that the guy is a total loser with psychological problems, but you can never deny how great he was when he was doing his thing.

tornadospotter
09-10-2011, 02:52 AM
Who?
I have no clue, I think it may be someone who should also be in the unnamed group along with a certain kicker who's name I will not say. But if it is about this unworthy person who played for the Chiefs. Here is my thoughts, ???????????????????????????????????????????

He was a dumb :mooning:

:thumbdown:

ctchiefsfan
09-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Larry Johnson was amazing for a short time. Nobody can take that from him. He was literally unstoppable. His highlight reel was as awesome as anybody who ever ran for this team.

Herm ran him over 400 times one year and he was never the same.

He had a big mouth, was angry, was immature and could not handle authority. He thought that he was better than everybody else, especially women.

His ego became huge around the same time that he sacrificially ruined his body. He came back the following season thinking that he was the man. Big contract, beautiful women, ALL PRO, the works.

One problem, he was used up and injury prone. Slow to the hole, couldn't run over people any more and was playing behind an awful offensive line.

I think it all came together and spun out of control.

All the sudden he was spitting in womens faces and talking smack about Haley on twitter. The dude totally imploded.

Bottom line is that the guy is a total loser with psychological problems, but you can never deny how great he was when he was doing his thing.

Well said. Damn shame, but there it is.

Canada
09-10-2011, 08:58 AM
He was good behind a great O line. Larry Johnson does not make the conversation when I start talking about great running backs!!

chief31
09-10-2011, 01:04 PM
He was good behind a great O line. Larry Johnson does not make the conversation when I start talking about great running backs!!

This.

I think the reason his "skills" seemed to dissolve was because he refused, even from the very beginning, to do what he didn't want to.

He refused to block, run to the outside, and was generally disinterested in catching the ball.

He got exactly what he wanted, nothing but running up the gut, and the result was that he even gave up on that too.

I do believe that he could still become a real NFL HB. But I sincerely doubt his willingness to do what needs to be done.

azchiefsfan
09-10-2011, 05:34 PM
That is well put Canuck. Once he had to work for a hole (oh the conotations we could use), he couldn't run. A lot of fast guys look really fast when there is no one grabbing them and tackling them. It takes a special player (which he was not) to make a hole and break tackles.

KristofLaw
09-10-2011, 10:08 PM
I disagree. His personality and outlook on life are what is leading you fellas to this opinion, IMO. :D I think he could have been a great player if he applied his mind-set and his skill-set properly. Whatever, he's long gone so why bother bashing him, he's not gonna be checking this thread or this site in all likely-hood. Just my two cents.

kcvet
09-10-2011, 10:11 PM
did he ever learn to pass block ??? hmmm