PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 CHIEFS vs Rams Preseason

matthewschiefs
08-26-2011, 07:54 PM
GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chiefs:

#58ChiefsFan
08-26-2011, 08:02 PM
I'd like to first off thank 101 the fox for the killer pregame! An hour of commercials with no explanation. You guys are the bestest.

matthewschiefs
08-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Run D is not off to a good start at all

matthewschiefs
08-26-2011, 08:16 PM
HORRIBLE start for the defense. They just moved down the field with no problem at all.

#58ChiefsFan
08-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Hali looked good the Lewis not so much

matthewschiefs
08-26-2011, 08:23 PM
offense not off to any better of a start. Not what you want to see.

honda522
08-26-2011, 08:25 PM
This could be a great year or a awful year. We need a good player caller........

#58ChiefsFan
08-26-2011, 08:27 PM
That was moeakis missed block there killing the drive.

matthewschiefs
08-26-2011, 08:49 PM
NICE pick by DJ now get a td here and get back in this game.

matthewschiefs
08-26-2011, 08:50 PM
Charles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matthewschiefs
08-26-2011, 08:51 PM
Darn holding penalty

honda522
08-26-2011, 08:59 PM
I am tired of setting for Field Goals guys...

matthewschiefs
08-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Sack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4everchiefsfan25
08-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Derek Johnson looks like he is ready to go

TopekaRoy
08-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Derrick johnson has been a beast tonight! everyone else (except for Charles on the td run that was called back) has been "meh."

TopekaRoy
08-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Surprised to see Palko in already. Starters usually play into the 3rd qtr in the 3rd preseason game.

4everchiefsfan25
I really would of liked to have Cassel play more than 1 1/2 quarters. Considering that the Rams had the ball most of the 1st quarter

matthewschiefs
NICE catch by D bowe

4everchiefsfan25
08-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Can we please get a right tackle that will stop holding!

matthewschiefs
08-26-2011, 09:10 PM
All these holding calls are a concern

TopekaRoy
08-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Palko's looking good though. Get Richardson out of there. 2 penalties already.

4everchiefsfan25
08-26-2011, 09:11 PM
All these holding calls are a concern
Agreed. Richardson has been getting beat like a red headed step child

4everchiefsfan25
08-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Palko's looking good though. Get Richardson out of there. 2 penalties already.
I would like to see Palko stop throwing off his back foot and off balance

4everchiefsfan25
08-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Colquitte is the MVP for the Chiefs during the pre season

matthewschiefs
08-26-2011, 09:12 PM
I really would of liked to have Cassel play more than 1 1/2 quarters. Considering that the Rams had the ball most of the 1st quarter

As would I don't really understand why they pulled him already. I guess there really questioning there number 2 qb spot.

4everchiefsfan25
08-26-2011, 09:14 PM
As would I don't really understand why they pulled him already. I guess there really questioning there number 2 qb spot.
Yeah I understand they want to look at Palko, but I just think Cassel needs to work with getting insink with Breaston. Cassel has already showed that he is on the same page with Bowe.

#58ChiefsFan
08-26-2011, 09:16 PM
I'd expect starters for the first half next week for the final tune up

4everchiefsfan25
08-26-2011, 09:18 PM
I'd expect starters for the first half next week for the final tune up
I think that is the wrong move by Haley though. Why would he have our number 1's against the other teams 2's?

matthewschiefs
08-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Now Cassels back kind of strange.

matthewschiefs
08-26-2011, 09:19 PM
Don't know how Cassel got rid of that one.

4everchiefsfan25
Now Haley brings Cassel in for a 2 minute drill now. hmmm lets see if we can get a TD

TopekaRoy
Now Cassels back kind of strange.
That is strange. Just getting him some "2 minute drill" work.

4everchiefsfan25
08-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Earth To Cassel You Cannot Do Back To Back Timeouts!

4everchiefsfan25
08-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Was it Bowe who was in the wrong position?

4everchiefsfan25
08-26-2011, 09:21 PM
We need a lot of help on the right side because Richardson is just not cutting it

4everchiefsfan25
08-26-2011, 09:22 PM
What scares me this preseason so far is that Cassel has been a one read QB we have more weapons now. He needs to use them

4everchiefsfan25
08-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Nice punt Colquitte we know we can count on him this season.

4everchiefsfan25
08-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Who is number 64? is that our 6th round draft pick this year?

matthewschiefs
08-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Is a safety to much to ask for here lol

4everchiefsfan25
08-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Come on D! We need to stop the run

matthewschiefs
08-26-2011, 09:28 PM
The Run d tonight is either stuff them or they have HUGE holes to run through

4everchiefsfan25
08-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Is a safety to much to ask for here lol
Yes it is way too much to ask lol

4everchiefsfan25
08-26-2011, 09:29 PM
The Run d tonight is either stuff them or they have HUGE holes to run through
It makes you wonder how big losing Siler (or whatever his name is) is to the run defense

4everchiefsfan25
08-26-2011, 09:31 PM
I would have liked to see Carr pick that throw off, but good read

4everchiefsfan25
08-26-2011, 09:33 PM
So how do you guys feel about the way our starters played during the first half?

jason1981
08-26-2011, 09:39 PM
im loosing hope. if we play like this we will come in last place in the afc west. has cassel made any plays or even got a first down all preseason. id rather have palko in atleast he makes plays and moves the chain. i dont blame the defense all that much when their on the field all game cuz the offense sucks and cant stay on the field. Haley better take over the offense and kick their asses in gear. cassel sucks.. he doesnt make to many mistakes but thas cuz he doesnt do much. his passes always incomplete or he doesnt go down field. pls start palko and give him a chance,

matthewschiefs
08-26-2011, 09:42 PM
So how do you guys feel about the way our starters played during the first half?

A little worried about alot of things. They look like they have a whole bunch of work to do to be ready for the season.

matthewschiefs
08-26-2011, 09:44 PM
im loosing hope. if we play like this we will come in last place in the afc west. has cassel made any plays or even got a first down all preseason. id rather have palko in atleast he makes plays and moves the chain. i dont blame the defense all that much when their on the field all game cuz the offense sucks and cant stay on the field. Haley better take over the offense and kick their asses in gear. cassel sucks.. he doesnt make to many mistakes but thas cuz he doesnt do much. his passes always incomplete or he doesnt go down field. pls start palko and give him a chance,

I think/hope that at least some of the offense problems are going to be helped when they gameplan more for the team they are playing that week.

But the offense hasn't done anything to make anyone worry about them. Then again I think we could have said that same thing last year. I am not likeing what I am seeing on the field. But I am not loseing hope just yet.

4everchiefsfan25
08-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Cassel had a very nice pass to Dwayne Bowe last game. Then the first game he only took 8 snaps in which they ran the ball 7 times and then him and the center fumbled the ball the second time. My biggest concern with Cassel is that now that he has all these weapons (especially when Jonothan Baldwin comes back from is injury) I want him to stop staring down D Bowe. I want him to go through his progressions, but the way that Richardson is playing on the right side it will be hard for Cassel to do so.
I do blame the defense for not stopping the run though. In this game that we are watching right now the Rams started off the game running the ball down our throats. We are really hurting at the nose tackle and the other inside linebacker position and it is showing. Justin Houston though seems like a very big plus for us because he looks like he can really get after the QB

jason1981
08-26-2011, 09:48 PM
dont mind me im just frustrated but palko and stanzi can move the chains and move the ball so why cant cassel

4everchiefsfan25
08-26-2011, 09:49 PM
I am glad to see that Gaither is actually on the field I am def. going to keep my eye on him like Green was saying

AkChief49
08-26-2011, 10:03 PM
Lilja not dressed?

matthewschiefs
08-26-2011, 10:09 PM
One thing I think is clear if there are a few injuries on defense we are in a LOT of trouble. This unit is not able to stop anyone.

AkChief49
08-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Fans are paying full price for this? hope the concessions are at least half price.

jason1981
08-26-2011, 10:15 PM
we need alot of help. Haley doesnt have the team ready at all for a season,

matthewschiefs
08-26-2011, 10:17 PM
we need alot of help. Haley doesnt have the team ready at all for a season,

Well for sure not what we see on the field in these games. But Haley has been saying this whole offseason that he's not doing anything to treat these games like real games. I just hope that move doesn't backfire and that's why we really don't look good at all.

tornadospotter
08-26-2011, 10:18 PM
O ye of little faith. So sad it is to be ye, it is still preseason! Keep the faith, be not of faithless heart! Believe and be strong in faith. Faith will bring rewards.

matthewschiefs
08-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Touchdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally

tornadospotter
08-26-2011, 10:24 PM
The Rookie gets his first touchdown pass in Arrowhead!

jason1981
08-26-2011, 10:25 PM
i actually like watching our backups play more then i do our starters. i know Haley said hes not treating these aas reall games but i think that will backfire. how do you expect our offense come sept just to turn it on and be any good. i hope atleast he will treat next week as a real game so he can stop making excuses.

matthewschiefs
08-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Don't understand that play call there. Running on 3rd and 11 are we even trying to win or just get through this game?

#58ChiefsFan
08-26-2011, 10:49 PM
Speechless even if it is preseason

tornadospotter
08-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Don't understand that play call there. Running on 3rd and 11 are we even trying to win or just get through this game?
Is that the point of preseason games? This is just rehearsal, who gives a rip who wins, this game. This is a make the team for a select few.

#58ChiefsFan
08-26-2011, 10:52 PM
This game is strange

josh1971
08-26-2011, 11:46 PM
A couple of things that stuck out, though. 1. Stanzi had NICE touch on that TD pass. That looked great.

2. Almost every pass our guys caught was over 10 yards.

Still, I know it's pre-season.

Chiefster
08-26-2011, 11:50 PM
Is that the point of preseason games? This is just rehearsal, who gives a rip who wins, this game. This is a make the team for a select few.

Eggsactly! :D

jason1981
08-27-2011, 12:31 AM
i know its preseason but still 0-3 is still bad. it just means our backups suck really and that doesnt look good either way cuz every team needs good depth to be a good team. and berry richardson i think had 3 holding calls against him. if our back ups can make plays and move the chains then cassel should be able to as well. not sure though but il give the cassel the benefit of doubt cuz our back up qbs i think had a little more time to throw if i remember right but not sure. i seen our back up qbs stand in the pocket and not panic. i think cassel gets paniced alot. i just hope haley knows what hes doing. but haley desrved that field goal blocked after u pussied up and chose to kick instead of going for it. he just sent a message that he doesnt trust his offense to get 4 yards with the game on the line. even if we didnt get it they would have the ball on almost in their own endzone. if he says well there was still 3 mins left in the game well then u should have went for it and if u didnt get it u still had 3 min left to stop them barried in their own enzone and we would have good field position. either way u look at it. im suprised we didnt tyry to run it atleast one time.

tornadospotter
08-27-2011, 12:51 AM
i know its preseason but still 0-3 is still bad. it just means our backups suck really and that doesnt look good either way cuz every team needs good depth to be a good team. and berry richardson i think had 3 holding calls against him. if our back ups can make plays and move the chains then cassel should be able to as well. not sure though but il give the cassel the benefit of doubt cuz our back up qbs i think had a little more time to throw if i remember right but not sure. i seen our back up qbs stand in the pocket and not panic. i think cassel gets paniced alot. i just hope haley knows what hes doing. but haley desrved that field goal blocked after u pussied up and chose to kick instead of going for it. he just sent a message that he doesnt trust his offense to get 4 yards with the game on the line. even if we didnt get it they would have the ball on almost in their own endzone. if he says well there was still 3 mins left in the game well then u should have went for it and if u didnt get it u still had 3 min left to stop them barried in their own enzone and we would have good field position. either way u look at it. im suprised we didnt tyry to run it atleast one time.
0-3 is not bad in preseason. It means the focus was not to win, but to practice in game settings, see who can still preform, who can make an impression. Preseason is for the Coaches to evaluate the players in a live game, to see who can be, and want to be. We will soon know who we are as a team, this season,
Please correct me if I am wrong, but when Marty was head coach, was winning preseason games a goal? They are live contact scrimmages, testing players, to earn a roster spot. That is it.

ctchiefsfan
08-27-2011, 01:08 AM
My memory may be bad, but it seems to me that many years when we had an AWFUL preseason we went on to have a great regular season. Like I said, may just be a bad memory, but it's such a strong memory that I actually get worried when we have a good preseason.

Former Champion
08-27-2011, 04:10 AM
As usual the Chiefs offensive play calling in the red zone was offensive. They looked like dominos falling once the defective pass playcalls from the 2.5 yard line didn't work. All downhill from there. Hank Stram wouldn't have allowed that. Guess the real men are gone afterall in K.C. football.

tornadospotter
08-27-2011, 04:26 AM
As usual the Chiefs offensive play calling in the red zone was offensive. They looked like dominos falling once the defective pass playcalls from the 2.5 yard line didn't work. All downhill from there. Hank Stram wouldn't have allowed that. Guess the real men are gone afterall in K.C. football.
Well, how do you come up with way of thinking? It is just preseason, the real season starts soon! Mister post #2, and thank you for the entertaining pm. Just because I edited your first spam filled post, pointed you to the rules, gave you a chance to start anew, I may have to ban you.

chiefnut
08-27-2011, 09:30 AM
My memory may be bad, but it seems to me that many years when we had an AWFUL preseason we went on to have a great regular season. Like I said, may just be a bad memory, but it's such a strong memory that I actually get worried when we have a good preseason.

actually that was last year

kcnation
08-27-2011, 10:07 AM
i think we are in real trouble this year.that 1st drive the rams put out we were horrible on defense.the d'backs looked awful,the run defense was horrible,and that damn middle of the field is wide open again.we still have not solved that problem since the ravens playoff game which we got beat badly down the middle of the field.again we show no offense at all,its horrible,and yea its preseason but still you have to show some improvement but i see nothing

Wanna Win
08-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Hey everyone, well glad to be back to football season. Just wished we had come football to watch. As I sat watching the game from my season ticket seats I couldnt help but just shake my head. The third preseason game is always one that gives the most indication of how the team is shaping up. Oh my, this is not going to be good.

#58ChiefsFan
08-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Hey everyone, well glad to be back to football season. Just wished we had come football to watch. As I sat watching the game from my season ticket seats I couldnt help but just shake my head. The third preseason game is always one that gives the most indication of how the team is shaping up. Oh my, this is not going to be good.

In a normal year the third game is the dress rehersal. Not with Haley this year. There is zero game planning for chiefs preseason under Haley. Although some of the offensive play calling was mind boggling it's not time to tank the season.

SIC J
08-27-2011, 06:45 PM
WAY too soon to think anything. We will know after the 1st game. Which there is NO reason at all the Chiefs shouldn't start 2-0.

From what I remember, Bradford started strong with the 1st to TD's then hit a wall after the DJ interception. Chiefs kept digging themselves in a hole with penalties. If that Charles TD run after the DJ interception didn't get called back due to a hold, that game plays out COMPLETELY different.

Chiefster
08-28-2011, 06:11 AM
WAY too soon to think anything. We will know after the 1st game. Which there is NO reason at all the Chiefs shouldn't start 2-0.

From what I remember, Bradford started strong with the 1st to TD's then hit a wall after the DJ interception. Chiefs kept digging themselves in a hole with penalties. If that Charles TD run after the DJ interception didn't get called back due to a hold, that game plays out COMPLETELY different.

...This!