PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's AFC West Preview Video

EmDiggy
09-01-2011, 11:08 AM
2011 AFC West Preview Video

Good Morning Chiefs Fans! Here's my AFC West Preview Video...due to the lockout, instead of doing individual team videos like I've done in the past.. I've just done Conference previews to get them out before the season!

GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON!!

Em

tornadospotter
09-01-2011, 12:43 PM
You lost me at the start. 4th in the AFC West.

loyalchief91
09-01-2011, 12:57 PM
4th?

DMN
09-01-2011, 01:05 PM
You say we are gonna be at the bottom of our division yet say if Cassel (who went to the pro bowl last year) can play well (with added offensive weapons this season) we can make the playoffs....

Hmmmmmmm

EmDiggy
09-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Meaning that I'm not sold on Cassel.. You guys have talent at RB, WR/TE, LBs & DB.. DL is adequate, OL is a bit of a question..but the only real question imho is Cassel..

#58ChiefsFan
09-01-2011, 02:34 PM
A pro bowl quarterback starting his fourth season as a starter with a high ceiling.

DMN
09-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Meaning that I'm not sold on Cassel.. You guys have talent at RB, WR/TE, LBs & DB.. DL is adequate, OL is a bit of a question..but the only real question imho is Cassel..

I understand that. But bottom of the division is a stretch. I am not saying that we are going to win it again. But lets credit what he accomplished last year. Not to mention oakland and denver have new coaches and there will be some growing pains. Especially from denver converting to a 4-3. the raiders took big hits on both sides of the ball in Asomugha and Miller.

And mostly Cassel had a pro bowl season last year. I take him under center over orton and campbell any day. They both enjoyed mediocrity with their previous teams and they will continue to do so.

Cassel - 27td 7int 3,116 yards 93 passer rating

Campbell - 13td 8int 2,387 yards 84 passer rating

Orton - 20 td 9int 3,653 yards 87 passer rating

Along with the #1 rushing attack in the league...What does Cassel need to do to get our team out of the cellar?

Or better yet...with season after season of mediocrity...What do Campbell and Orton have to do to put us there?

EmDiggy
09-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Stats don't tell the whole story about Cassel.. He wilted under pressure and also stares down his WRs.. He could've thrown 40 tds had he looked at the entire field instead of having tunnel vision. Plus the loss of Weiss will hurt.

#58ChiefsFan
09-01-2011, 06:25 PM
The addition of Zorn will far outweigh the "loss" of Weis.

TopekaRoy
09-01-2011, 07:10 PM
EmDiggy, I'm not familiar with your work. Are you one of those guys that just likes to go against the Grain so that if the unexpected happens you look smarter than everyone else? I can see no other rational explanation for your picks.

The Chiefs have a decent defense and the best running offense in the NFL. If they can get the passing game going they have a good shot at winning the division. At the very least I expect them to Battle with the Chargers for the top spot.

You think Tebow should be starting over Orton. Why? because he will run for his life when the offense breaks down instead of throwing the ball away like Orton does?

The Raiders (like the Chiefs) benefited from a soft schedule last year. They went 6-0 against the 3 AFC West teams and 2-8 against everyone else, losing to a lot of teams that the Chiefs beat. In my opinion they took a step back this year. Prior will not be a good NFL QB if he gets the chance to play and you think they will win the division because they have Bush?

I really enjoyed watching your preview. You did a very good job with it, but I disagree strongly with a lot of your conclusions.

I'm going to hunt down your NFC North preview. I'll bet you picked 1. Detroit, 2. Green Bay, 3. Minnesota, 4. Chicago :)

TopekaRoy
09-01-2011, 07:22 PM
The home page still has a preview for last year's Super Bowl. Can you post links to your other division previews or are those "members only?"

DMN
09-02-2011, 12:31 AM
Stats don't tell the whole story about Cassel.. He wilted under pressure and also stares down his WRs.. He could've thrown 40 tds had he looked at the entire field instead of having tunnel vision. Plus the loss of Weiss will hurt.

40tds?!?! to who? Yeah he stared down his receiver (singular)... Dwayne Bowe. No one else was open. We had to sign Kevin Curtis the week going into the playoffs. You must not watch alot of chiefs football.

But I have to say I lack any interest in a "could have" debate...

Fact. "Staring down" his receiver he outperformed Orton and Campbell on his way to the pro bowl.

Oh and being a "football expert" wouldn't you agree that staring down receivers telegraphs passes leading to interceptions.... Yeah again only seven on the season, better than both Orton and Campbell.

But let me guess... he "could have" only thrown 3 if..........??????

Chiefster
09-02-2011, 03:11 AM
Nice job Em! :D

EmDiggy
09-02-2011, 07:46 AM
The home page still has a preview for last year's Super Bowl. Can you post links to your other division previews or are those "members only?"

The NFC Previews will be out today TopekaRoy:bananen_smilies046:

Not one of those "Shock Analyst" either... I just trust what I see and base my opinions/thoughts off that. And not the one to hop on bandwagons which is why Falcons fans have an issue with my statement that Matt Ryan is not better than Flacco and other fans about my Nnamdi is a slightly overrated corner comment :)

doobs_05
09-02-2011, 07:57 AM
Ok, did cassel win the pro bowl bid or did he recieve it because someone did not want to go??

TopekaRoy
09-02-2011, 01:59 PM
The NFC Previews will be out today TopekaRoy:bananen_smilies046:
Cool. I look forward to seeing them.

Not one of those "Shock Analyst" either... I just trust what I see and base my opinions/thoughts off that. And not the one to hop on bandwagons which is why Falcons fans have an issue with my statement that Matt Ryan is not better than Flacco and other fans about my Nnamdi is a slightly overrated corner comment :)
Fair enough. I will be shocked if the Raders finish ahead of the Chargers or the Chiefs finish behind the Broncos, but strange things happen every year. We shall see.

chief31
09-02-2011, 03:14 PM

He didn't throw 40 TDs, but he threw 27, with only seven Ints on a run first offense.

If he is staring down his receivers, then the entire NFL could not be a stupider bunch.

I watch a whole lot of Cassel, and he is only "staring down his receiver" when he throws to his first option, exactly like any QB ever.

And, with the efficiency of 27 TDs to 7 Ints, I would have to say that what he was doing was pretty smart.

His career QB Rating is an impressive 83.6, with 66 TDs and 36 INTs.

But I respect your opinion.

Though, I would trust that you have studied this team more if you cited the o-line concerns over Cassel concerns.

Cassel was outstandingly efficient with sub-par protection last year. And, if that situation has worsened, then Cassel is very likely to look worse.

But then, that would leave Cassel doubters with a window to throw him through.:D

Anyway... Still love your work.

Pretty clean delivery for the part I watched. (Chiefs)