PDA

View Full Version : Wtf???????

chiefsfanne1980
09-01-2011, 10:58 PM
I love Coach Haley but why does he have FLOWERS, CARR, AND HALI playing in the fourth qtr against the third string Packers. What is there to gain? Why is he tempting fate with possible injuries to these Starters? It makes no sense to me. One more point I hope they CUT CUT Palko, he is not ready for Primetime. Palko's a poor mans Croyle, CUT HIM PLEASE.

hometeam
09-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Palko has moved the team fairly decently tonight. besides, who is going to replace him, stanzi? Not yet!

chiefsfanne1980
09-01-2011, 11:12 PM
I disagree 3 picks and he does not look he has any kind of command of the Offense. Plus our ones their threes. Palko got to GO, at least to the Practice squad.

chiefsfanne1980
09-01-2011, 11:14 PM
This team is going to struggle early and often this season. This lockout really F#ck us.

matthewschiefs
09-01-2011, 11:16 PM
I think the plan was not to play our starters much in the first few games then let them play a full game to get there conditioning worked on. I am very dissappointed with the preseason. Hopefully they get a ton of things worked out before the games start to count or we are in for anther LONG season. now i am worried

Ryfo18
09-01-2011, 11:21 PM
When Todd Haley made the decision to play the 1st stringers for 90% of the game, I don't think he ever thought they would lose. Kinda sad that they couldn't beat the Packers 2nd/3rd/4th stringers with mostly the Chiefs 1st stringers. That's all I'll say, but if they can't pull off a win in week 1 vs Buffalo, it's time to really worry.

chiefsfanne1980
09-01-2011, 11:30 PM
This team looks very unpolished Mostly our ones all game and we still lose to GB's third and fourth stringers. Looks like worst to first back to worst. Damn it and I spent 300 bucks on tickets to MNF and SNF game. Oh well ya never know. "CHIEFS WILL"

jason1981
09-01-2011, 11:35 PM
i actually kinda like palko i didnt at first. but he has played perty good and moved the ball and chains this preseason better then any of our qb's. i dont fault one of his int cuz it was tiped by our wr.
i kinda glad that alot of our starters played the whole game so they can get their conditioning in on playing a whole game. i think it was for the condtioning and evauluating players in sub groups and all of that. i didnt hear wr tucker name called at all did he even suit up or play? wonder if he will be cut. there is alot of blame to go around in this game. copper dropped two sure catches for first downs late in the game which waisted seconds of the clock as well. then our defense against aaron rodgers didnt slow him down at all. but we had like 5 turnovers and were lost by one point that is perty good actually that we were still even in the game. so that is a good thing if we illimated one turnover i say we win the game. its fixable. i know we lost but this game got my optomistics up and all. oh and we lost by one point with our backup QB in most of the game is a good sign as well even though he did turn it over. again packers didnt play all their starters the whole game but they have very good depth so their backups are no sluches either which makes them a great team.

jason1981
09-01-2011, 11:44 PM
I disagree 3 picks and he does not look he has any kind of command of the Offense. Plus our ones their threes. Palko got to GO, at least to the Practice squad.

also if you want to cut palko cuz of turnovers then you want to cut charles for his two fumbles as well?
you must never watched palko at all. he actually has been perty good and moving the ball and making plays. im not saying he is great or anything but you also have to realize were not asking him to start every game either so most backups are not good starters which is why they are called backups. i would be confident in palko backing up cassel cuz he will only get better with more and more practice. he has done more then cassel all preason. though cassel didnt play much before tonight but the games before tonight cassel couldnt move the chains at all but yet palko was able to every game. and to compare him to croyle is way off. croyle was injury plagued. i think we all seen palko take some good hits and he got right back up. so there is no comparison. if my memery serves me better palko has outplayed croyle as well just in these few games.

josh1971
09-02-2011, 12:25 AM
This team looks very unpolished Mostly our ones all game and we still lose to GB's third and fourth stringers. Looks like worst to first back to worst. Damn it and I spent 300 bucks on tickets to MNF and SNF game. Oh well ya never know. "CHIEFS WILL"

Maybe you could just wait and see, and quit panicking before anyone has played a single down of a regular season game.

OTR Chiefs fan
09-02-2011, 01:00 AM
Maybe you could just wait and see, and quit panicking before anyone has played a single down of a regular season game.

My thoughts exactly. Because of the lock out I figured preseason was going to be a little different this year. I think Haley and staff was primarily using preseason games to determine which one of the 2's, 3's and 4's would make the team.:D :chiefs:

chiefsfanne1980
09-02-2011, 04:16 AM
I wouldn't call it panic as much as just very concerned. We have A LOT to clean up and work on over these next 5 practices. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and you guys make some good points about Palko, but I really have seen very little command of the offense by him, and even less poise in the pocket. Like I said before I can't see any reason why Haley had so many starters out there deep into the second half, what was there to prove. I thought this was the final chance for the coaching staff to evaluate the back ups before they cut the roster to 53 in 48 hours. I'm a pesimistic person I'll admit to that but this team is going into the first game with absoulutly no momentum and I'd have to guess some fragile confidence. Hope Haley has good plan on how to turn things around. I think that this offense really misses Weis. I was never really overly impressed with Weis but I think his absense is being felt. GO CHIEFS!

chiefsfanne1980
09-02-2011, 04:26 AM
I miss T.T., Tyler Thigpen. I guess he will be here on the eleventh huh? He never won a game with the Chiefs, and I hope he doesn't win one against them either. Rye

#58ChiefsFan
09-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Let's keep in mind that the 2s, 3s and 4s on any team are still some of the 2400 best players in the country. The packs backups have played 2-4 exhibition games together and our ones played their first "game" as a unit.

I think SICJ was the one who said we will be physically ready but the mental side is where we will have issues. That came to fruition last night, I believe they can get this together still and I hate the lockout excuse we just are not 100% ready at this point.

I'm glad Haley didn't pull the first team, we clearly needed to be out there. Haley wasn't trying to prove anything but the fact we had lots of work left to do. I'd say we still have a fair way to go at this point.

Seek
09-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Palko looked like an improvement over Croyle, but he failed to win a game using mostly starters against the Packers back ups. In fact his, PICK 6 lost the game.

I would have liked to see Stanzi in there the last quarter.

jb908
09-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Things are shaping up to be a LOOONG year.

azchiefsfan
09-02-2011, 12:55 PM
I still am not going to start worrying yet, however, the miscues and plays breaking down was rather reminiscent of the playoff loss last year. I am never concerned over individual performances in preseason, but the play calling and execution has me hoping that Haley was holding back. The one term I would use to describe the playing (or lack thereof) is confused. It really seemed our guys had no cohesive understanding or even ability to execute plays on either side of the ball.

Ryfo18
09-02-2011, 02:24 PM
I still am not going to start worrying yet, however, the miscues and plays breaking down was rather reminiscent of the playoff loss last year. I am never concerned over individual performances in preseason, but the play calling and execution has me hoping that Haley was holding back. The one term I would use to describe the playing (or lack thereof) is confused. It really seemed our guys had no cohesive understanding or even ability to execute plays on either side of the ball.

I don't think they were holding back anything...They played the starters for the entire game.

chief31
09-02-2011, 02:34 PM
I take no issue with playing the starters for a large chunk of the last preseason game.

We took it easy for the first three, and allowed the starters more time to get ready for full contact in game 4.

With an early bye week, I think it was a wise strategy.

A player is just as likely to sustain a major injury in week three, as he is in week four. But, with the shortened offseason, I actually think it was safer to give the starters an extra week to get ready.

Seems to have backfired. But I do not blame the idea.

SIC J
09-02-2011, 02:40 PM
I don't think they were holding back anything...They played the starters for the entire game.

There's a HUGE difference in the offense with Palko as the QB............

Not to mention the Chiefs threw the ball 46 times. That won't happen very often in the regular season if it does at all.