PDA

View Full Version : 2011 season predictions

chief31
09-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Alright. All four preseason games are on the record. Time to make our predictions for The Chiefs' 2011 season.

Myself, I am going with 5-11.

I know. That sucks.

But I really think that our O-line will struggle with the absence of Brian Waters.

We acquired Gaither, and I hope he works out well.

But I absolutely have my doubts at this point.

The defense may struggle early on. And struggling early, with this schedule, may well seal our fate for the year.

But the offense is the real question mark for me.

I think Charles is the real deal. But I think we will be slow out of the gates, in a season where we can ill afford to start slow.

I do, however, reserve the right to backtrack on this prediction, should we make it through the first four games with a winning record. :lol:

azchiefsfan
09-02-2011, 03:12 PM
10-6 Anything less will be a massive disappointment. If we lose anymore than that, then we are back to square one and all the rebuilding the last 2 years means almost nothing and that there has been a very bad team building plan. I am still optimistic that we can pull off a great season, but am not confident enough to say we are better than last year.

#58ChiefsFan
09-02-2011, 03:17 PM
12-4

TopekaRoy
09-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Sun, Sep 11 vs Buffalo W
This should be an easy win.

Sun, Sep 18 @ Detroit W
Detroit is better this year and their front 7 could give our run game problems, but I think we can attack their secondary. The Lions are still a year or 2 away from being a contender.

Sun, Sep 25 @ San Diego L
Tough road game for Chiefs

Sun, Oct 2 vs Minnesota W
This should be an easy win.

Sun, Oct 9 @ Indianapolis L
This all depends on if Manning's neck is Okay by then. If he's out or playing hurt, Chiefs could steal a win.

Sun, Oct 23 @ Oakland W
Could go either way, but I expect the Raiders to start out the season slowly and/or self destruct.

Mon, Oct 31 vs San Diego W
Chiefs "bring it" at home on the National stage.

Sun, Nov 6 vs Miami W
(See Detroit game)

Sun, Nov 13 vs Denver W
Tebow may be starting at this point but it won't make any difference.

Mon, Nov 21 @ New England L
The Patriots are tough to beat at home, especially in prime time.

Sun, Nov 27 vs Pittsburgh L
Another game that could go either way, but I don't see the Chiefs going 8-0 in Arrowhead.

Sun, Dec 4 @ Chicago L
If this were a home game, I would probably take the Chiefs. Unfortunately, It's not. The Bears don't lose much in Soldier Field in December.

Sun, Dec 11 @ Jets W (upset)
The Jets were over-rated last year (They got creamed by my Bears.) and they will be over-rated this year.

Sun, Dec 18 vs Green Bay L
Super Bowl winners almost always have a let down the following year, so I hope I'm wrong about this one.

Sat, Dec 24 vs Oakland W
It's Oakland!

Sun, Jan 1 @ Denver W
It's Denver!

So ... my prediction is 10-6, but I think they will be a better 10-6 team than last year. They have a tough schedule and play the best 2 NFC North teams (Green Bay and Chicago) and the best 2 AFC East teams (New England and NY Jets) on the road. That sucks. But they will probably win 2 games they should lose and lose 2 games they should win. My worst case scenario is 7-9 and best case 11-5. I'm comfortable with 10-6.

SIC J
09-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Couldnt agree more Chief31... The fact that we couldnt beat the second/third string packers is atrocious. I mean my god none of their good defensive players were playing. It was the guys that wont even make the roster.

5 turnovers is VERY rare for the Chiefs. Not to mention Cassel wasn't the QB for over half the game.

Am I only the only one that sees that? LOL

8-8 at worst
10-6 at best

And I do believe 8-8 could be good enough to win the division with the schedule the AFC West has.

matthewschiefs
09-02-2011, 04:52 PM
I think we will be better then 5-11. Last night was a bad very disappointing night to see what they did on the field. But it was just preseason. Things are not the same as they will be for a real game.
I don't think that we will be 10-6 again based on what I have seen but I think we will be ok. I see between 7-9 wins.

Sick Dog
09-02-2011, 05:48 PM
God I can't wait for people that are saying 5-11 to eat their dam hats...are you for real?? I don't have blinders on but only 5 wins you guys are a joke are you sure you are really not closet Bolt fans:whipping1:

kcnation
09-02-2011, 06:43 PM
the chiefs do not have the talent to beat the top teams this year.i don't care what you say about the preseason,winning or losing it dosen't matter but we looked totally horrible on both sides of the ball.we are set for an easy 3rd place finish and don't be surprised if we get embarrased in a couple games this year.there is going to be a lot of *****ing after every game so just be prepared for it.i myself will still be rooting hard for our chiefs and going to the games but its not looking pretty.i hope they prove me wrong

TopekaRoy
09-02-2011, 07:45 PM
8-8 are you nuts? We will split with denver and oakland, i dont see us beating SD, Sd has a lot of talent. At detroit thats a loss, you see what detroit did to NE last weekend? at jets, packers, at bears, at jets, at indy, at ne all losses

I laughed out loud when I read the bold part! The Lions would be Super bowl champs if they just played preseason games. Here are their records for the last 4 seasons:

2008 preseason: 4-0; regular season: 0-16
2009 preseason: 3-1; regular season: 2-14
2010 preseason: 3-1; regular season: 6-10
2011 preseason: 4-0; regular season: ??

14-2 over the last 4 preseasons and 8-40 over the last 3 regular seasons. By contrast the Patriots are 7-9 over the last 4 preseasons and 35-13 over the last 3 regular seasons. The Colts? 3-14 pre and 36-12 reg.

Everybody says they know that the preseason doesn't matter and then they base their judgments on how good teams are on preseason games. :drunkhb:

Hayvern
09-02-2011, 07:49 PM
My Prediction?

Another OUTSTANDING year of Chiefs football. Good or bad, win or lose, I am going to be sitting on my couch, eating goodies and screaming for the team, or at the team!

KCraised
09-02-2011, 08:09 PM
I take the hat eating challenge. 4-12. This team is reeling. I love the Chiefs to death and have only missed one game since the late 80s but they look lost. Please, Chiefs. Make me eat my hat!!!;)

honda522
09-02-2011, 10:05 PM
10-6 Don't see why they can't get that. San Deigo still sucks, Denver is getting worse and the Raiders suck as usual. Atleast we should be division champs by default.

azchiefsfan
09-02-2011, 10:16 PM
I think SD is going to be worse than all the "experts" at ESPN and NFL think. They are in love with Rivers and always ignore the fact they have an old defense and made no attempts to make any moves in free agency. At every key position they are 1 deep with very mediocre 2nd string. So I don't think they suck. Matter of fact they have one of the best all-around starting line-ups in the AFC. The big "but" is if they stay healthy all year.

jason1981
09-02-2011, 11:08 PM
I think SD is going to be worse than all the "experts" at ESPN and NFL think. They are in love with Rivers and always ignore the fact they have an old defense and made no attempts to make any moves in free agency. At every key position they are 1 deep with very mediocre 2nd string. So I don't think they suck. Matter of fact they have one of the best all-around starting line-ups in the AFC. The big "but" is if they stay healthy all year.

do you realize the sandiego ranked at the top last year in defense and i believe offense as welol but could be wrong. i wouldnt call them an old defense. they have lots of talent but that doesnt always spell success though either.and phillip rivers is perty damn good. i would take him over cassel anyday.

oh and detriot is goign to suprise alot of people they wont be no pushovers anymore. N. suh is a beast and their front seven wont allow the qb,s time to throw which will help save there secondary and the have a tons of talent on offense as well but it all lies with theire olind and keeping stanford healthy. i hope n. suh doesnt play in week 2 cuz someone said earlier in this post that they can stop or run but we can just throw it will i can see cassel getting pounded back their. im not sure if our oline is big enough to handle their d-line.

doobs_05
09-02-2011, 11:34 PM
6-10
(3-3 in the AFC WEST)

azchiefsfan
09-02-2011, 11:54 PM
According to NFL Network last night, SD has an average age of 32 on defense. That is old in the NFL. Did you miss "Matter of fact they have one of the best all-around starting line-ups in the AFC."? They are a talented and aging team. They are also a very thin team as they have very little talent beyond their starting lineup. Why the H!@* am I repeating this and even acknowledging what you posted Jason? You either didn't read what I wrote or are just looking for an argument.

Sick Dog
09-03-2011, 10:18 AM
This whole thread is about an argument history proves preseason does not mean a dam thing...and I know this for sure because every team in the league is still 0-0...I think we can all agree we need the season to get here and then we can talk about what matters!

We are all fans here and I know we all want the Chiefs to be great so on that note GO CHIEFS GO!

AkChief49
09-03-2011, 02:21 PM
do you realize the sandiego ranked at the top last year in defense and i believe offense

You are correct sir, #1 in both categories. That being said, the ..:boltssuck::D

SIC J
09-03-2011, 02:43 PM
do you realize the sandiego ranked at the top last year in defense and i believe offense as welol but could be wrong. i wouldnt call them an old defense. they have lots of talent but that doesnt always spell success though either.and phillip rivers is perty damn good. i would take him over cassel anyday.

oh and detriot is goign to suprise alot of people they wont be no pushovers anymore. N. suh is a beast and their front seven wont allow the qb,s time to throw which will help save there secondary and the have a tons of talent on offense as well but it all lies with theire olind and keeping stanford healthy. i hope n. suh doesnt play in week 2 cuz someone said earlier in this post that they can stop or run but we can just throw it will i can see cassel getting pounded back their. im not sure if our oline is big enough to handle their d-line.

Who cares. If the Chargers can't get any where with the number 1 ranked offense and defense, what makes you think they will ever get any where? LOL

rodu
09-04-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm going to say 8-8. This schedule is going to be hell. But every draft, there are less and less glaring holes to fill. Soon our time will be here

KCraised
09-06-2011, 04:27 PM
God I can't wait for people that are saying 5-11 to eat their dam hats...are you for real?? I don't have blinders on but only 5 wins you guys are a joke are you sure you are really not closet Bolt fans:whipping1:
Hey, the Chiefs have an incredibly hard schedule this year and basically didnt show much in the preseason. Would never consider going with another team like fairweather fans do. They represent your community. But that doesn't mean they are grandfathered in. They still have to show me something to post up a winning record prediction....i might've missed your prediction. What was it again?

Ryfo18
09-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Hey, the Chiefs have an incredibly hard schedule this year and basically didnt show much in the preseason. Would never consider going with another team like fairweather fans do. They represent your community. But that doesn't mean they are grandfathered in. They still have to show me something to post up a winning record prediction....i might've missed your prediction. What was it again?

I think with the tougher schedule, the loss of Weis (I have not been impressed w/ the playcalling, though I suppose that could change), and how bad the O-line has looked that this is a 7-9 team. Sorry to be a negative Nancy, but just taking a realistic look at this.

Did I think they would be AFC West champs last year? No, so hopefully they surprise me again.

josh1971
09-06-2011, 08:25 PM
We didn't show much in pre-season because it didn't sound like we were going out of our way to win those- more just to evaluate the players. When we were trying to win, we came within a few yards and 1-point of beating the super bowl champs.

I have no idea how we'll do this year.

KristofLaw
09-06-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm gonna quess we go 11-5 this season.

Chiefster
09-06-2011, 08:33 PM
We didn't show much in pre-season because it didn't sound like we were going out of our way to win those- more just to evaluate the players. When we were trying to win, we came within a few yards and 1-point of beating the super bowl champs.

I have no idea how we'll do this year.

Excellent point!

tornadospotter
09-07-2011, 10:31 PM
:homer:
And damm proud of it!
This is my prediction!

Arrowhead Stadium- Chiefs Nation - YouTube

We will win all the game we do, and not the ones we do not! So at this point, I say sixteen and zero, until not true.

Did you expect anything other than that from me? :smile

rodu
09-07-2011, 11:34 PM
I predict Houston will be starting over Studebaker by week 3

Chiefster
09-07-2011, 11:36 PM
:homer:
And damm proud of it!
This is my prediction!

Arrowhead Stadium- Chiefs Nation - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0Wi9qTANn4)

We will win all the game we do, and not the ones we do not! So at this point, I say sixteen and zero, until not true.

Did you expect anything other than that from me? :smile

Homer's Brain Leaves - YouTube

:D

NKChiefs
09-08-2011, 08:29 AM
I will go with 10 - 6.
Then i will try to remember this thread, and come back to see my guess after they have reached playoffs :)

:chiefs:

pojote
09-08-2011, 10:10 AM
I think 10-6

I hope 14-2

I wish 16-0

I fear 6-10

azchiefsfan
09-08-2011, 11:13 AM
I predicted 8-8 last year and had the 2nd highest win guess. I'm not a psychic, but I am comfortable with 10-6 as I mentioned earlier. The same question as last year is nagging at me, though; can our line protect Cassel? Last year we spread the field so much that even P-town couldn't keep consistent pressure on Cassel. Since our O line is pretty soft this year, I'm assuming that is the plan again this year.

SIC J
09-08-2011, 04:27 PM
OK so now that Manning might be out the entire season, does anyone want to change their prediction with 1 more win and 1 less loss?

azchiefsfan
09-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Nope, I already counted Indy as a win.

TopekaRoy
09-08-2011, 05:57 PM
I had Indy as a loss unless Manning is out, but I also have the Chiefs upsetting the Jets on the road, so I'll stay with 10-6 ... for now.

AussieChiefsFan
09-09-2011, 09:04 AM
I have the chiefs going 10-6 this year.

I think if they can win the first two games (obviously) and then at least beat the Vikings the confidence will help them thought the season. A win against the Chargers on the road would be awesome to but the Chargers are getting back on their feet this year In my opinion.

I also have the Colts as a win if Manning is out, I think they can pull it off.

chief31
09-09-2011, 12:24 PM
OK so now that Manning might be out the entire season, does anyone want to change their prediction with 1 more win and 1 less loss?

Yeah.

Hard to see Indy being too serious of a challenge with Manning out.

loyalchief91
09-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Sun, Sep 11 vs Buffalo W
We open the season with a victory

Sun, Sep 18 @ Detroit W
This'll be closer than we want it to be but I think we win by 3-10 points

Sun, Sep 25 @ San Diego L
We always have a tough time beating the Chargers, we lose

Sun, Oct 2 vs Minnesota W
Minnesota is going to be tough but I think we pull it off

Sun, Oct 9 @ Indianapolis W
No Manning without him, they are not nearly as good, we pull this one off

Sun, Oct 23 @ Oakland W
Oakland lost Nnamdi and Zach Miller, not as scary now.. It'll be another Raider Chief classic but we win

Mon, Oct 31 vs San Diego L
I think the Chargers sweep us this year.

Sun, Nov 6 vs Miami W
I think we beat the Dolphins.. Force Henne into mistakes and it's our advantage

Sun, Nov 13 vs Denver W
This might be a harder game than we think, but we beat them.

Mon, Nov 21 @ New England L
We ain't beating the Patriots. Tom Brady. Nuff said.

Sun, Nov 27 vs Pittsburgh L
Rothlisberger will give us headaches his ability to make plays after the play breaksdown. We lost by 2 tds.

Sun, Dec 4 @ Chicago W (upset)
I think we can force Jay Cutler into mistakes. I think we will by 3-7 points. The bears aren't impressive to me, I think we beat them.

Sun, Dec 11 @ Jets L
This will be an ugly game. We struggle against team with good defenses.. Revis will take Bowe out the game. Cromartie will handle whoever out #2 is. Not enough weapons to win this game.

Sun, Dec 18 vs Green Bay L
This will probably be a butt kicking! We will really struggle in this game. We will put up points but we won't be able to stop them. Shootout.

Sat, Dec 24 vs Oakland W
I think we sweep Oakland this yr. No Nnamdi no Zac Miller. It'll be close again but we win.

Sun, Jan 1 @ Denver W
Closing it out on Denver. I think it'll be close but I say we win this game.

10-6 prediction..