PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard anything about Cassel.

matthewschiefs
09-02-2011, 04:54 PM
I have not heard anything about what happend with his injury. I am taking that as good news. Has anyone heard anything?

marloweopatchiefs
09-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Chiefs QB Matt Cassel Says He Just Had The Wind Knocked Out Of Him - Kansas City Chiefs - Sport Snipe (http://www.sportsnipe.com/main_sportsnews/5276415/chiefs-qb-matt-cassel-says-he-just-had-wind-knocked-out-him.html)

Just had the wind knocked out of him.

matthewschiefs
09-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Chiefs QB Matt Cassel Says He Just Had The Wind Knocked Out Of Him - Kansas City Chiefs - Sport Snipe (http://www.sportsnipe.com/main_sportsnews/5276415/chiefs-qb-matt-cassel-says-he-just-had-wind-knocked-out-him.html)

Just had the wind knocked out of him.

Ok that's good Thanks need him for sure. I have him on my fantasy teams LOL

jap1
09-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Supposedly he has bruised ribs. Which may put him out for a week or two, depending on how bruised they are.

Sick Dog
09-04-2011, 10:21 PM
There is no way he misses opener and if by some chance he does ya the Chiefs are screwed:sAng_scream:

Ryfo18
09-05-2011, 12:07 AM
Not so fast, Nick Wright is reporting that Cassel has a cracked rib. This has not been confirmed by the team, but Nick has some insider info within KC (he was the first to report the Thomas Jones/Jon Baldwin fight).

Never liked the idea to play the starters a bunch in the 4th preseason game, and kept asking myself why they were still in.

Kansas City Chiefs Matt Cassel Reportedly Suffers Cracked Rib - SB Nation Kansas City (http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2011/9/4/2404865/kansas-city-chiefs-matt-cassel-reportedly-suffers-cracked-rib)

TopekaRoy
09-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Never liked the idea to play the starters a bunch in the 4th preseason game, and kept asking myself why they were still in.

Do you think they would have been less likely to get injured if they played into the 3rd quarter of the 3rd preseason game against the starters (like they usually do) instead of the 4th game against 2nd and 3rd stringers? Sometimes a player will get hurt in practice. Maybe they shouldn't practice either.

SIC J
09-05-2011, 12:55 AM
Do you think they would have been less likely to get injured if they played into the 3rd quarter of the 3rd preseason game against the starters (like they usually do) instead of the 4th game against 2nd and 3rd stringers? Sometimes a player will get hurt in practice. Maybe they shouldn't practice either.

FINALLY someone with some common sense on here! LOL

Players can get hurt at ANY GIVEN time or game. It HAPPENS!

Maybe Brady should've never played that 1st game against the Chiefs a couple years back and he would've never gotten hurt.............

Or maybe starters should ONLY play if they are starting to lose and they need to come in to win the game........

Ryfo18
09-05-2011, 01:08 AM
FINALLY someone with some common sense on here! LOL

Common sense tells me that if you're playing an exhibition game that is typically reserved to evaluate who will/will not get cut, you probably shouldn't put your most valuable players out there knowing they can get hurt at anytime.

TopekaRoy
09-05-2011, 01:26 AM
Common sense tells me that if you're playing an exhibition game that is typically reserved to evaluate who will/will not get cut, you probably shouldn't put your most valuable players out there knowing they can get hurt at anytime.
Common sense tells me that players are more likely to get hurt playing against first string players who tend to be bigger, faster, stronger and better football players than the 2nd and 3rd string players. That's why they are starters. But in a regular preseason the starters typically play about two thirds of the 3rd game, anyway. With the shortened preseason, Haley felt that an extra week of conditioning and practice, plus the advantage of playing against weaker less skilled 2nd and 3rd string players, would reduce the chance of injury. That makes sense to me, but the key word is reduce - not eliminate. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way.

Any player can get hurt on any play. That's football/

SIC J
09-05-2011, 02:09 AM
Common sense tells me that players are more likely to get hurt playing against first string players who tend to be bigger, faster, stronger and better football players than the 2nd and 3rd string players. That's why they are starters. But in a regular preseason the starters typically play about two thirds of the 3rd game, anyway. With the shortened preseason, Haley felt that an extra week of conditioning and practice, plus the advantage of playing against weaker less skilled 2nd and 3rd string players, would reduce the chance of injury. That makes sense to me, but the key word is reduce - not eliminate. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way.

BINGO!!!!!!

Ryfo18
09-05-2011, 02:58 AM

Maybe so. On the other hand, think about the 2nd/3rd/4th stringers as fighting for their life to not get cut...doing anything they can to make the team.

I agree that any player can get hurt on any play, why take that risk on your best players in the last preseason game (that means nothing)? If you could place a $5 bet to win $5 this week, or save your money for the next week and place a $5 bet to win $100 with the same odds, what would you do?

SIC J
09-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Maybe so. On the other hand, think about the 2nd/3rd/4th stringers as fighting for their life to not get cut...doing anything they can to make the team.

I agree that any player can get hurt on any play, why take that risk on your best players in the last preseason game (that means nothing)? If you could place a $5 bet to win $5 this week, or save your money for the next week and place a $5 bet to win $100 with the same odds, what would you do?

If that $5 bet this is going to prepare you and help figure out how to win the bet next week, I do BOTH!

Ryfo18
09-05-2011, 10:54 AM
If that $5 bet this is going to prepare you and help figure out how to win the bet next week, I do BOTH!

Maybe it's not the best example. Basically I'm trying to say if you lose your first $5 bet, you don't have $5 to bet the following week.

chief31
09-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Maybe it's not the best example. Basically I'm trying to say if you lose your first $5 bet, you don't have $5 to bet the following week.

There is no logic at the end of this.

Either your play the starters in game 3, or you play them in game 4.

Either way, the risks are the same.

Had he played them in game 3 and we had such injuries, then he should have not played them.

Same situation.

The only thing that can be done to eliminate the risk is to not play starters at all during the preseason.

But then your starters are being the rest of The NFL on preparation.

TopekaRoy
09-05-2011, 02:20 PM

Had he played them in game 3 and we had such injuries, then he should have not played them.

Same situation.

The only thing that can be done to eliminate the risk is to not play starters at all during the preseason.

But then your starters are behind the rest of The NFL on preparation.

Fixed it for you! :smile

That's the thing. Most players will tell you they don't need 4 preseason games to get ready for the regular season, but the starters do need to play some. You can't fully simulate game situations in practice because the offense and defense know each other too well.

With the shortened preseason, Haley made the decision to play the starters less than usual in the first 3 games and more in the 4th. They actually played less over the 4 games than they would in a regular preseason and a couple of players still got hurt. It doesn't matter that they got most of their work in game 4 instead of 2 and 3.

Every team sustained some preseason injuries. It can't be avoided. It sucks that it was our QB (and Moeaki) but that's why you keep 53 players on the roster.

It probably hurts the Chiefs more than it does teams with better depth, but our backups need to be ready to play because injuries will happen, Palko is not as good as Cassel (obviously) but I think he is good enough to beat Buffalo, so if Cassel has to miss a game, this is a good one to miss. And I still think he'll start. We'll be alright.

jason1981
09-05-2011, 03:45 PM
i would rest cassel against buffalo cuz if we are a good team we should be able to manage to beat the bills with palko. wouldnt want to risk cassel getting hit and making it worse. though im not sure the extint of his injury is it just bruised or cracked?

jason1981
09-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by chief31 http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=234417#post234417)

Same situation.

But then your starters are behind the rest of The NFL on preparation.

That's the thing. Most players will tell you they don't need 4 preseason games to get ready for the regular season, but the starters do need to play some. You can't fully simulate game situations in practice because the offense and defense know each other too well.

With the shortened preseason, Haley made the decision to play the starters less than usual in the first 3 games and more in the 4th. They actually played less over the 4 games than they would in a regular preseason and a couple of players still got hurt. It doesn't matter that they got most of their work in game 4 instead of 2 and 3.

Every team sustained some preseason injuries. It can't be avoided. It sucks that it was our QB (and Moeaki) but that's why you keep 53 players on the roster.

It probably hurts the Chiefs more than it does teams with better depth, but our backups need to be ready to play because injuries will happen, Palko is not as good as Cassel (obviously) but I think he is good enough to beat Buffalo, so if Cassel has to miss a game, this is a good one to miss. And I still think he'll start. We'll be alright.

totally agree and wish people would just stop *****ing cuz injuries are part of the game and can happen anytime. there is no way to prevent them except dont play the game. and they got hurt in the first half so its not like the played alot and then got hurt to begin with.

chief31
09-05-2011, 07:02 PM

Thanks. :D

matthewschiefs
09-05-2011, 10:08 PM

Same situation.

But then your starters are being the rest of The NFL on preparation.

Ok something has gone wrong here. We agree on something. That just can't happen. :lol:

chief31
09-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Ok something has gone wrong here. We agree on something. That just can't happen. :lol:
You're just going to have to change your mind on the subject. Either that, or you will just have to accept that you are actually right this time.:D

Chiefster
09-06-2011, 10:44 PM
...Or you two can just disagree to agree. :D

matthewschiefs
09-07-2011, 05:59 PM
You're just going to have to change your mind on the subject. Either that, or you will just have to accept that you are actually right this time.:D

No clearly I am only forced to admit that your finally right. :meow: :lol: :efpge:

Connie Jo
09-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Don't know if any one else has posted or not, but here is the latest link related to news on Matt Cassel:

From the Podium: Matt Cassel (http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/From-the-Podium-Matt-Cassel/efcede6c-5161-427a-a6b9-577eed31c83a)

Chiefster
09-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Sounds to me that Cassel's good to go.

NKChiefs
09-08-2011, 06:58 AM
Thank's god for that.... that's good news.