PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Meriweather

DMN
09-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Let's bring him in NOW!!!

NFL.com news: Patriots cut Pro Bowl safety Meriweather, veteran RB Morris (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821f0733/article/patriots-cut-pro-bowl-safety-meriweather-veteran-rb-morris?module=HP11_headline_stack)

SIC J
09-03-2011, 04:17 PM
According to Pats fans, they're glad he's gone and think he sucks. haha

DMN
09-03-2011, 04:24 PM
They can think that all they want... I have paid particular attention to him and that guy gets in on plays. Don't think you make the Pro Bowl by "sucking".

Bottom line....Brandon Meriweather Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - New England Patriots - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10468/brandon-meriweather)

I add that to my D all day... not to mention we are hurting for depth.

SIC J
09-03-2011, 04:30 PM
You do realize the Pro Bowl is more of a popularity contest now right? It's not like it was 10-15 years ago where the people who actually DESERVED to go always made it.

He made the Pro Bowl the last 2 years and gets cut. Obviously there's a reason why the Pats would do that.

TopekaRoy
09-03-2011, 04:38 PM
They also tried to trade him and couldn't get anything of value for him. That may be partly because teams knew he was gonna be cut anyway and they just decided to wait for it, but it makes me cautious, just the same.

jason1981
09-03-2011, 05:23 PM
i would atleast just add him for depth reasons. i think he would be better than any of our backups.

DMN
09-03-2011, 10:09 PM
You do realize the Pro Bowl is more of a popularity contest now right? It's not like it was 10-15 years ago where the people who actually DESERVED to go always made it.

He made the Pro Bowl the last 2 years and gets cut. Obviously there's a reason why the Pats would do that.

mmmmmkay... Cause good players never get cut by teams. Meriweather > McGraw, Washington, and Piscatelli.. Maybe combined.

DMN
09-03-2011, 10:14 PM
I don't mean to sound like an ***. But my point is with $32 mil in cap and the chance to add good players to our team for cheap I have to push for it.

It's all about depth. Just ask the Green Bay Packers.

AkChief49
09-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Brandon Meriweather Reportedly Accused Of Shooting 2 Men (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/10/brandon-meriweather-accused-shooting-2-men_n_833902.html)

Maybe a little more to the story? I do not know just posing the question.

AkChief49
09-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Brandon Meriweather's Rocky Tenure With Patriots Comes to Conclusion With Surprising Release - New England Patriots - NESN.com (http://www.nesn.com/2011/09/brandon-meriweathers-rocky-tenure-with-patriots-comes-to-conclusion-with-surprising-release.html?rs-img120=0)

Man, if the Pats do not want him and let him walk...I cannot see Pioli making this move.

SIC J
09-04-2011, 01:13 PM
He signed with the Bears.

Hayvern
09-04-2011, 01:23 PM
He signed with the Bears.

I was going to say that he would never fall to us. We are pretty high up on the list and there are plenty of teams out there looking for a quality safety.

DMN
09-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Crap... I really do think that he would have been a quality addition. I think it says something that he only lasted a day in FA.

Well coulda, woulda, shoulda... ha

I still think our roster will see a few changes before sunday.

7 WRs and 5 Ss. No thanks. I mean really.. In a 4 wide set you can get 4 on the field at once... 7 is absolutely ridiculous.

And I am tired of all this special teams stuff. 90% of kickoffs are gonna be touchbacks.

TopekaRoy
09-04-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm kinda surprised that the Bears signed him given his character issues, but I guess they were kind of desperate. In their 4th preseason game, they lost their 3rd and 4th safetys, Craig Steltz (hip injury) and Chris Conte (concussion). They were already thin at safety to begin with. Chris Harris is solid, but Major Wright, while a great "hitter" doesn't cover all that well and tends to miss tackles.

The Bears use a lot of Tampa/cover 2 which relies heavily on generating turnovers and Brandon will help with that by getting some picks but he has a tendency to go for the big play or the hard hit and isn't a great tackler.

I think he is overrated a bit, but he is still pretty good. I would have been happy to see him in a Chiefs uniform.