PDA

View Full Version : Haley says he thinks cassel will start week 1

marloweopatchiefs
09-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Matt Cassel : USATODAY.com - Matt Cassel Biography from USATODAY.com (http://fantasysports.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=3237)

Chiefster
09-06-2011, 10:55 PM
If he was smart he'd float a rumor that the starting QB is Palko. :D

wildcat
09-07-2011, 09:55 AM

Unless of course the starting QB is Palko and what he said about Cassell is in fact a smoke screen.

azchiefsfan
09-07-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm really not sure of what the hand-wringing is about in some of the Cassel threads. Yes the O line is shaky, but with the receivers and RBs we have, even a rookie could succeed. Example: Run-4 yds, Dump pass-3 yds, Run-6 yds, Pass-10 yds. If you follow where I'm going, you don't need an MVP, just a guy who can keep from throwing INTs. This is how our offense is now built. We have the skill players to take the pressure off the QB and O line.

Chiefster
09-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Unless of course the starting QB is Palko and what he said about Cassell is in fact a smoke screen.

HA! Good point. Although I don't really see that particular smoke screen playing out in our favor too much. :lol:

OPLookn
09-07-2011, 12:40 PM

Maybe our smoke screen is in fact a larger smoke screen and we want Buffalo to think we're thinking about starting Palko by saying we're starting Cassel with cleary no intention of starting Cassel and playing Palko but really we will start Cassel. My head just exploded...

Connie Jo
09-07-2011, 01:40 PM

OR...start a rumor the starter is as always, Cassel, then minutes before kickoff announce it will be Palko! :D

Connie Jo
09-07-2011, 01:43 PM

I hadn't read all replies prior to my comment, obviously we think alike, hahaha.

Maybe our smoke screen is in fact a larger smoke screen and we want Buffalo to think we're thinking about starting Palko by saying we're starting Cassel with cleary no intention of starting Cassel and playing Palko but really we will start Cassel. My head just exploded...

I think my head thinks it just exploded also, or at least is thinking about thinking it might explode!

:lol:

Three7s
09-07-2011, 01:51 PM
What scares me is if something happened to Cassel, like a season ending injury, I'm not sure we win a game with Palko. He just isn't good.

OPLookn
09-07-2011, 02:10 PM
What scares me is if something happened to Cassel, like a season ending injury, I'm not sure we win a game with Palko. He just isn't good.

I don't know about wouldn't win a single game. If we're in the tail end of the season maybe. But playing against Denver...really? Palko isn't the best QB but c'mon, surely we could put up a W against Denver with him behind the helm!

:donkssuck:

Chiefster
09-07-2011, 03:17 PM
OR...start a rumor the starter is as always, Cassel, then minutes before kickoff announce it will be Palko! :D

Actually, I was thinking that the true starter had to be announced a couple of days before game time. However, I could be wrong.

TopekaRoy
09-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Actually, I was thinking that the true starter had to be announced a couple of days before game time. However, I could be wrong.
I think an injury report has to be released today (Wednesday for Sunday games), but Cassel could be listed as "probable," "questionable" or "doubtful" and still start/play.

TopekaRoy
09-07-2011, 04:36 PM
The Chiefs are just now finishing up practice for the day and are expected to release an injury report shortly. But I guess they don't have to release the status of injured players until Friday.

Chiefs First Injury Report Is Coming Today - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/9/7/2410074/kansas-city-chiefs-injury-report)

The Chiefs will go through practice this afternoon until about 3:30 p.m. (Arrowhead Time) and then the report will be out. Friday is the day we're really waiting for as the Chiefs will announce injured players as probable, questionable, doubtful or out.

Connie Jo
09-07-2011, 07:38 PM

I think you're right, I didn't think about that aspect, hahaha. I was thinking from a strategic planning point of view only, hahaha. ;)

Chiefster
09-07-2011, 11:56 PM
I think an injury report has to be released today (Wednesday for Sunday games), but Cassel could be listed as "probable," "questionable" or "doubtful" and still start/play.

The Chiefs are just now finishing up practice for the day and are expected to release an injury report shortly. But I guess they don't have to release the status of injured players until Friday.

Chiefs First Injury Report Is Coming Today - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/9/7/2410074/kansas-city-chiefs-injury-report)

I think you're right, I didn't think about that aspect, hahaha. I was thinking from a strategic planning point of view only, hahaha. ;)

I say keep 'em guessing for as long as possible. :D

chief31
09-08-2011, 01:45 PM

That can't be right.

If you are required to name the palyers who will start, and one gets injured between then, and gametime, it can become impossible to meet the expectations.

I believe the starters only need to be named shortly before kickoff, to have the officials armed with accurate information.

But I can not verify that.

I just know that, as a fantasy owner, moments before gametime is when you get the real information on a starter's injury listing.

Chiefster
09-08-2011, 10:55 PM
That can't be right.

If you are required to name the palyers who will start, and one gets injured between then, and gametime, it can become impossible to meet the expectations.

I believe the starters only need to be named shortly before kickoff, to have the officials armed with accurate information.

But I can not verify that.

I just know that, as a fantasy owner, moments before gametime is when you get the real information on a starter's injury listing.

Well, I'm not a fantasy owner so I shall defer to your expertise. :D

Canada
09-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Well, I'm not a fantasy owner so I shall defer to your expertise. :DThere's your first mistake!! :D

Chiefster
09-10-2011, 12:07 AM
There's your first mistake!! :D

:lol:

I'm chuck full of 'em!