PDA

View Full Version : Pioli has made just 2 mistakes...

Bike
09-11-2011, 03:48 PM
1. He let go of the wrong head coach.
2. He kept the wrong head coach.

Allowing Chan Gaily come to our house and embarrass this team is inexcusable.

I am no longer on the Todd Haley bandwagon.

Ryfo18
09-11-2011, 04:13 PM
This team really misses Weis. Haley failed year 1 calling the plays, and he's doing it again. I hate to say it, but Whitlock was right....

honda522
09-11-2011, 04:16 PM
This team really misses Weis. Haley failed year 1 calling the plays, and he's doing it again. I hate to say it, but Whitlock was right....

Really? I was not impressed by his play calling either.

Bike
09-11-2011, 04:22 PM
I was thinking more along the lines that Gaily should had never been let go. He was my choice to coach this team after Herm was canned.
And as far as Haley calling plays - I really don't have a problem with that. He is a good OC. But HC not so sure. There is much more to being a HC than calling the plays. You have to have the respect of your players. I just don't see it with this guy.

Bike
09-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Really? I was not impressed by his play calling either.
Whats up Honda - and I tend to agree.

Chief Buck Rogers
09-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Any chance we can fire Haley after the season and get Cowher?

ANY?

We also need a quarter back

matthewschiefs
09-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Players and coaches were all horrible today. But lets get past 1 game before we talk about fireing the coach.

azchiefsfan
09-11-2011, 04:41 PM
When the entire team is so bad, what sense does it make to blame the QB. I will say this much though, in the first half the O line was ok. Not great, but could've won the game if any other part of the team was working. So it's nice that the O line can't be singled out as "THE" problem.

Bike
09-11-2011, 05:02 PM
A 41-7 beatdown.
At Arrowhead.
By the Bills.
I we were at least competetive and lost by maybe a td, I wouldn't be as upset as I am with this loss.
Pioli needs to fix what he screwed up. Soon.

reded
09-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Maybeee...........the Bills are actually good?

matthewschiefs
09-11-2011, 05:18 PM

maybe they are but there not that good. And we are not that bad. We hurt ourselfs with a TON of mistakes. The Coaching staff has to take a large share of the blame for this loss. The season is not over. They can still have a very good season. But today the Chiefs and the coaches deserve any backlash from the fans that they get.

Bike
09-11-2011, 05:18 PM
That good?

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
09-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Wow Is All I Can Say!

reded
09-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Maybe they go on to win the SB this year and we go 10-6.
I for one wouldn't really be disappointed with the season and it sounds a helluva lot better than all the doom and gloom that everyone's preaching after a bad loss on opening day.

I don't feel any better about the loss than you guys but I'm not looking for the sky to fall just yet.

matthewschiefs
09-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Maybe they go on to win the SB this year and we go 10-6.
I for one wouldn't really be disappointed with the season and it sounds a helluva lot better than all the doom and gloom that everyone's preaching after a bad loss on opening day.

I don't feel any better about the loss than you guys but I'm not looking for the sky to fall just yet.

I am not ready to say the sky is falling just yet either. This was a HUGE letdown so i can understand some of the talk. All we can do is hope they work out the mistakes they made and get a hell of a lot better going into next week.

chief31
09-11-2011, 05:44 PM
I am not ready to say the sky is falling just yet either. This was a HUGE letdown so i can understand some of the talk. All we can do is hope they work out the mistakes they made and get a hell of a lot better going into next week.

I think the worst thing about today is that this was one of very few games where we were expected to win.

And, with so many tough games ahead, this sort of start makes things look extremely bleak.

Then, for those of us who had low expectations before this one, it only looks worse.

I can not stress, enough, that this is just one game. And that even great teams have their horrible days.

But it just doesn't help fans in building confidence.

Chiefs fanatic
09-11-2011, 07:00 PM
I guess to try and put a positive swing on things, the Pats lost to the Bills 31-0 in the first game of one of their Super Bowl years.

kcnation
09-11-2011, 09:25 PM
hey it happens,look at all the blowouts today and some really good teams to.lets just see what happens next week and we can access it more then

Chiefster
09-11-2011, 11:12 PM
I think the worst thing about today is that this was one of very few games where we were expected to win.

And, with so many tough games ahead, this sort of start makes things look extremely bleak.

Then, for those of us who had low expectations before this one, it only looks worse.

I can not stress, enough, that this is just one game. And that even great teams have their horrible days.

But it just doesn't help fans in building confidence.

Amen my Chiefs Brother!

pojote
09-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Bills are not that good. Charles averaged 5,6 ypc, Pope had a good game against them (Pope, not Moeaki), just to mention. Bills didn't won, we lost, I know it's an exaggeration, but it's closer than 41-7 win by Buffalo.

Jrudi
09-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Good teams did loose bad yesterday.

Pittsburgh Lost to Baltimore 34-7 (similar score to ours, and they went to the Sb last year)

Atlanta got beat down by the Bears 30-12

So yes, it is just week 1, both of these teams are projected to be playoff contenders.

I hope, and think we will turn it around, I think it was a matter of mental issues that can be turned around (we got knocked back down to earth)

1 big thing we need to fix: COVER TE'S BETTER!

Screwed us last year in the playoffs, and also throughout the regular season was noticeable.

TE's we face this year: Gates (twice), Pettigrew, Visante Shancoe, Dallas Clark, Aaron Hernadez & Rob Groncowski, Jermichael Finley, Dustin Keller, and Heath Miller.

May be in for a long season if we can't learn to cover Tight Ends!

If Scott Chandler can do that to us.... I don't want to see what these TE's can do to us....

Canada
09-12-2011, 01:10 PM
fu*kin b*ffalo??? shoot me now

H-townChiefsFan
09-12-2011, 01:24 PM

We're gonna need lots of beer to get through this one, brutha
:toast2: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2:

McD
09-12-2011, 03:19 PM

The Bills are better and might finish around 8-8.

McD
09-12-2011, 03:21 PM

Lol... why the hate on the Bills? They've played pretty well in KC in the recent past. 4-3 in their last 7 games at Arrowhead, and they had the game last year if Haley doesn't call TO as Lindell hits that FG in OT. The Bills aren't a playoff team, but they're not as bad as people think they are...

Canada
09-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Lol... why the hate on the Bills? They've played pretty well in KC in the recent past. 4-3 in their last 7 games at Arrowhead, and they had the game last year if Haley doesn't call TO as Lindell hits that FG in OT. The Bills aren't a playoff team, but they're not as bad as people think they are...I live 20 mins from Buffalo. My wife and I have has sh!t thrown at us at games and threatened with physical violence (and she it a B!lls fan) Their fans are worse that the Raider fans, their games are always blacked cause no one goes until they are winning. I could go on, but I have a good reason for hating them. I was right beside fubbalo when they went to 4 SBs. That was annoying as hell

Bike
09-13-2011, 07:16 PM
Only 2 mistakes? rofl
Choosing the wrong head coach is - by far - his most drastic mistake. This is a mistake that he will have to scramble to correct - and soon. Or his legacy is doomed.

jmlamerson
09-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Choosing the wrong head coach is - by far - his most drastic mistake. This is a mistake that he will have to scramble to correct - and soon. Or his legacy is doomed.

Our 2009 draft (Mr. Irrelevant was our best pick!) is a pretty massive one as well.

josh1971
09-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Our 2009 draft (Mr. Irrelevant was our best pick!) is a pretty massive one as well.

Agreed.

Bike
09-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Absolutely. Pioli's "save all to end all" status is rapidly declining.