PDA

View Full Version : Sobering thought....

Yoda
09-11-2011, 10:59 PM
These types of losses are a continuation from last season. The problems runs deeper than many on the team or their fans may want to believe.

2010 - Chiefs last two games...
Raiders 31 Chiefs 10

Ravens 30 - Chiefs 7

Today

Bills 41 Chiefs 7

The Chiefs have been outscored that last 3 games by 102-24. Once, maybe an aberration, twice possible a trend, 3 times an epidemic. Chiefs continue to portray themselves as a soft team. It's an injustice to a rabid loyal crowd and only the Chiefs can remedy this. They yet to find the cure.

Chiefster
09-11-2011, 11:04 PM
I've seen them perform poorly before, but this went beyond poor performance. It seemed as if they they simply gave up after the half.

Yoda
09-14-2011, 07:38 PM
I've seen them perform poorly before, but this went beyond poor performance. It seemed as if they they simply gave up after the half.

Well, it get's embedded in a team's psyche. It will be hard to shake off. Believe me, I know.

josh1971
09-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Whatever- I survived the Frank Ganz era.

#58ChiefsFan
09-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Well, it get's embedded in a team's psyche. It will be hard to shake off. Believe me, I know.

The one positive from the game Sunday was the fact this team stuck together for the entire game. I was at this mess in person and at the final whistle when there were about 5000 chiefs fans and 500 bills fans these guys never gave up. Once the effort is not there then I'll be concerned about the hangover of previous years games.

Chiefster
09-14-2011, 10:39 PM

There is truth to this; hopefully they will eventually bounce back.

HA! Good point.

drstandley31
09-16-2011, 07:00 PM
And even worse (although I didn't think it was possible), we made it past Herm. We're still dealing with a lot of what Herm left us, but thank God he's gone!

AkChief49
09-16-2011, 08:37 PM
And even worse (although I didn't think it was possible), we made it past Herm. We're still dealing with a lot of what Herm left us, but thank God he's gone!
Of his 26 draft picks Herm left us with Charles, Hali , Bowe, Flowers, Carr, Albert, and Richardson(okay, not so good an example). These guys do not exactly suck (except maybe Richardson). All the rest of Herm's picks are gone. But I know what you mean. Herm = good guy, not so good head coach.

Drunker Hillbilly
09-17-2011, 09:54 AM
After the 1st quarter of last weeks game, this same thought came into my mind. I was hoping that we had done enough in the off season to put those last 2 games of 2010 behind us. I am going to give the team a pass on last weeks game because, well that's all I can do at this point. If it was not a wake up call to the entire organization including players and coaches, we may be in for a hell of a long season. The O line sucked last year and we still ran the ball like no other team. I would think we should be able to do the same this year. I am biting my tongue while posting this because there were so many things that were terrible about last weeks game but as I said, last week is last week and we have to move on. Beware however, because if we come out this week with a performance like that again, I may flip my lid! GO CHIEFS!!!!

Coach
09-17-2011, 10:42 AM
I expect a different level of effort this weekend from every level of this team(Coaches and Players). Last week this team was humbled in highlight fashion. They were flat out embarassed on their home field. If they don't respond to that, we have major problems starting at the top, Todd Haley.

They now know that they aren't nearly as good as they thought they were.

Chiefster
09-17-2011, 01:22 PM
I expect a different level of effort this weekend from every level of this team(Coaches and Players). Last week this team was humbled in highlight fashion. They were flat out embarassed on their home field. If they don't respond to that, we have major problems starting at the top, Todd Haley.

Exactly!

I'm always hopeful that they'll win, but at this point I'd settle for improvement.

loyalchief91
09-17-2011, 01:37 PM

Agreed.