PDA

View Full Version : Marycoochi still has the eggos at 4 on power rankings.

McLovin
10-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Dumb A** Marycoochi even after the Chiefs too the Eggos behind the woodshed, put them at 4 on his power rankings. And they were saying but they are 2-2. Did I miss something did they get the win over the Chiefs, I am lost. Um not that lost, NO they didn't seems like everyone in the media has a mancrush on the eggos. Yes they were 14-2 last year ... but guess what .. that was last year and 1 of the 2 was to the .. wait for it ... wait for it .. yes the Chiefs.

Canada
10-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Mooch thought Detroit was good when he was there too!!

rbedgood
10-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Mooch thought Detroit was good when he was there too!!

They were...they had a coaching problem...:D :D

m0ebr0
10-02-2007, 01:31 AM
Dumb A** Marycoochi even after the Chiefs too the Eggos behind the woodshed, put them at 4 on his power rankings. And they were saying but they are 2-2. Did I miss something did they get the win over the Chiefs, I am lost. Um not that lost, NO they didn't seems like everyone in the media has a mancrush on the eggos. Yes they were 14-2 last year ... but guess what .. that was last year and 1 of the 2 was to the .. wait for it ... wait for it .. yes the Chiefs.

Pretty much. The best team record wise is now one of the worst. Why? New coaching staff for SD.

Guru
10-02-2007, 01:42 AM
They were...they had a coaching problem...:D :D

and now they have a GM problem.

Chiefster
10-02-2007, 02:19 AM
and now they have a GM problem.

Something we are all too familiar with!

sling58
10-02-2007, 01:49 PM

I have been saying this all aong. Last year is last year. Who cares what the Chargers did last year.

Chiefster
10-02-2007, 03:32 PM
I have been saying this all aong. Last year is last year. Who cares what the Chargers did last year.

Obviously Marycoochi doesn't care what they're doing this year. He's an idiot.

m0ef0e
10-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Obviously Marycoochi doesn't care what they're doing this year. He's an idiot.

This is why he had to change careers after he failed as a coach. Now he is failing as an analyst. I'm not surprised. What is surprising to me is the fact that Norv Turner still has a coaching job. Firing Marty is one thing, but to let Wade Phillips and Cam Cameron go, then fire Marty and hire a coach with a record of 58-82 almost makes it seem that AJ Smith WANTED to have a losing season. People in sandy eggo will scratch their heads over this for a long time. And with good reason. This was probably the greatest blunder of the offseason in the entire NFL and now this decision is proving to be what it was exactly-- complete lunacy.

hermhater
10-02-2007, 06:14 PM
This is why he had to change careers after he failed as a coach. Now he is failing as an analyst. I'm not surprised. What is surprising to me is the fact that Norv Turner still has a coaching job. Firing Marty is one thing, but to let Wade Phillips and Cam Cameron go, then fire Marty and hire a coach with a record of 58-82 almost makes it seem that AJ Smith WANTED to have a losing season. People in sandy eggo will scratch their heads over this for a long time. And with good reason. This was probably the greatest blunder of the offseason in the entire NFL and now this decision is proving to be what it was exactly-- complete lunacy.

And such a good blunder it has turned into for us!

I'm not sure what happened to the Chargers this year, apparently it is the coach, but I would also put a lot of the blame on Rivers.

That kid has stunk it up out there, making terrible decisions, bad throws, and just poor play in general.

I will also say that they have an incredibly difficult schedule (after all they have to play US twice!) and have played against the elite in the NFL in most peoples views.

Norv is a blowhard, but the rest of the team is not helping much.

Take Merriman and his stupid "Lights Out" dance.

He said he was done with that and then did it after sacking Huard (like that is hard to do) and then the D got burned by Dbowe on the next couple of plays. Lack of focus and frustration, as well as the fact taht he has had to play fair this year (no steroids have been found as of yet).

If that is what fueled his performance last year, those days are over!

m0ef0e
10-02-2007, 06:19 PM

I'm not sure what happened to the Chargers this year, apparently it is the coach, but I would also put a lot of the blame on Rivers.

That kid has stunk it up out there, making terrible decisions, bad throws, and just poor play in general.

I will also say that they have an incredibly difficult schedule (after all they have to play US twice!) and have played against the elite in the NFL in most peoples views.

He said he was done with that and then did it after sacking Huard (like that is hard to do) and then the D got burned by Dbowe on the next couple of plays. Lack of focus and frustration, as well as the fact taht he has had to play fair this year (no steroids have been found as of yet).

Merriman is the one guy in the NFL who I wouldn't give a crap about if his career was ended due to injury. That stupid seizure dance he does is going to bring some bad karma on him at some point. Playing dirty and hurting people is nothing to be proud of.

Canada
10-03-2007, 12:51 PM
I think it was hilarious when the Patriots did it to them after the game last year and LT almost cried!! Looked good on them

Canada
10-03-2007, 12:53 PM

Maybe they are using some of the logic I heard here earlier in the season....playing for a draft pick!! In reality it dosen't seem like such a good idea!!

m0ef0e
10-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Maybe they are using some of the logic I heard here earlier in the season....playing for a draft pick!! In reality it dosen't seem like such a good idea!!

:lol: :lol: I thought the same thing about "playing for a draft pick" when I was writing that. Yeah, it really seems like that is not the way to win your fans over. :lol:

Canada
10-03-2007, 12:54 PM

Rivers was no good after the first month of the season last year. His QB rating went down every month to end at 53.3 in December.

m0ef0e
10-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Rivers was no good after the first month of the season last year. His QB rating went down every month to end at 53.3 in December.

I was just thinking this morning when I got up that sandy eggo would have maybe won the superbowl last year if they had stuck with Brees. He played well for them the year before and was being considered for MVP last year with the Saints.

Canada
10-03-2007, 12:59 PM
I was just thinking this morning when I got up that sandy eggo would have maybe won the superbowl last year if they had stuck with Brees. He played well for them the year before and was being considered for MVP last year with the Saints.

You don't have to be a great QB to throw 3 yard passes to LT or 7 yards to Gates. Rivers managed to screw that up too. How good can he really be?? I think Brees had a similar situation in SD and NO but I do like him better than rivers

m0ef0e
10-03-2007, 01:06 PM
You don't have to be a great QB to throw 3 yard passes to LT or 7 yards to Gates. Rivers managed to screw that up too. How good can he really be?? I think Brees had a similar situation in SD and NO but I do like him better than rivers

Yeah, Brees is proving that he is rather one-dimensional now that people have figured out how to defend what they like to run down there in NO. He has still proven himself to be better than Rivers, IMO as well.

rbedgood
10-04-2007, 06:11 AM
Yeah, Brees is proving that he is rather one-dimensional now that people have figured out how to defend what they like to run down there in NO. He has still proven himself to be better than Rivers, IMO as well.

Very few QBs in this league can excel without a running game...right now I'd say Favre and McNabb are about it...and Philly uses the screen pass as it's running game.

Manning, his good years have come with either James or Addai...

Brady---has gone from Dillon to Maroney...heck Morris even looked good last week

Palmer---has been mediocre this year with Rudi J struggling....

Romo---wonder what he'd look like if Barber wasn't tearing up the running game.

Now back to Brees...I think the player that is missed there is Joe Horn. Sure he's not explosive anymore, but with his steady hands and precise routes, Brees could count on him on 3rd down and even in situations when the coverage rolled to the more explosive Colston. McCallister will also be missed now, but Horn's route-running and hands are not being replaced by Devery Henderson. Brees has thrown 6INTs and 1TD, but at least 3 of those INTs have come off of WR hands/wrong routes...also teams have essentially been able to read the NO offense over the off-season and it is pretty predictable as the plays change completely based on the personnel and formation...if you give a defense that kind of predictor to your play, they'll chew you up in this league. The problem isn't Brees, but his numbers will continue to suck this year.

m0ef0e
10-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Very few QBs in this league can excel without a running game...right now I'd say Favre and McNabb are about it...and Philly uses the screen pass as it's running game.

Brady---has gone from Dillon to Maroney...heck Morris even looked good last week

Now back to Brees...I think the player that is missed there is Joe Horn. Sure he's not explosive anymore, but with his steady hands and precise routes, Brees could count on him on 3rd down and even in situations when the coverage rolled to the more explosive Colston. McCallister will also be missed now, but Horn's route-running and hands are not being replaced by Devery Henderson. Brees has thrown 6INTs and 1TD, but at least 3 of those INTs have come off of WR hands/wrong routes...also teams have essentially been able to read the NO offense over the off-season and it is pretty predictable as the plays change completely based on the personnel and formation...if you give a defense that kind of predictor to your play, they'll chew you up in this league. The problem isn't Brees, but his numbers will continue to suck this year.

I agree about Brees. I think the problem there is not only receivers but the scheme, as well. Every team NO has played this year has completely snuffed out that screen play to Reggie Bush but they keep trying it too much.

Palmer's worst game so far was last week against the Pats. He's actually the fourth-ranked QB in the league right now. So, I would have to disagree about him.

rbedgood
10-04-2007, 06:41 PM
I agree about Brees. I think the problem there is not only receivers but the scheme, as well. Every team NO has played this year has completely snuffed out that screen play to Reggie Bush but they keep trying it too much.

Palmer's worst game so far was last week against the Pats. He's actually the fourth-ranked QB in the league right now. So, I would have to disagree about him.

As for Palmer, if you look at his season, he had one lightning game against Cleveland, but has been otherwise very mediocre.

m0ef0e
10-04-2007, 06:54 PM
As for Palmer, if you look at his season, he had one lightning game against Cleveland, but has been otherwise very mediocre.

I would have to agree with that. I get lost in the stats and numbers sometimes. Palmer was off-target with a lot of his throws Monday night against NE. He really didn't look that good but the guy is still an excellent QB for his ability to really open it up sometimes, IMO.

rbedgood
10-05-2007, 03:12 AM
I would have to agree with that. I get lost in the stats and numbers sometimes. Palmer was off-target with a lot of his throws Monday night against NE. He really didn't look that good but the guy is still an excellent QB for his ability to really open it up sometimes, IMO.

Palmer is awesome...I never meant to say he isn't, my point was that without a running game working, most QBs, even the good ones will look mediocre (or worse)

sling58
10-05-2007, 07:17 AM
I agree that Brees is not the QB everyone thought he was last year. For one the other 31 teams in the NFL watching some tape on them from last year and figured out how to stop them. Lat year no one expected them to do ANYTHING, like they do us this year, and no one planned for them. Everyone though the Saints were a sure win last year and weren't, this year teams are ready for them and it shows with Brees' numbers.

Chiefster
10-05-2007, 12:07 PM

Post of the month nomination right there! Absolutely agree with you!

m0ebr0
10-05-2007, 01:43 PM

Farve is an exception. There is not a very well running game in GB right now but Farve is shredding the D. What can u expect from one of the all-time greats.

m0ef0e
10-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Palmer is awesome...I never meant to say he isn't, my point was that without a running game working, most QBs, even the good ones will look mediocre (or worse)

True. With the loss of Westbrook, McNabb and the Eagles looked like a different offense than the ones that destroyed the Lions. The Giants were able to pull out all stops on the pass-rush because Philly had no running threat.