PDA

View Full Version : NFL Players / Owners Agreement

drstandley31
09-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Well after suffering through an off-season where we had no idea if there would be football or not; the Players were happy enough to sign the deal. The Owners were happy enough to sign the deal. The Networks were happy with the deal. Advertisers, and everybody else making a buck off this sport. What exactly did the Fans get who pay for all of it?

Where's our deal. This is what we get, 48-3 loss to the Lions. Which by itself is a fluke, but we've done that the past 5 games. I Want A New Deal!!!

TopekaRoy
09-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Where's our deal. This is what we get, 48-3 loss to the Lions. Which by itself is a fluke, but we've done that the past 5 games. I Want A New Deal!!!

We will continue to buy Budweiser and Nike and Chevy Silverados to pay the companies that pay for the advertising on the networks that pay the NFL the money to pay the players, unfortunately.

The fans can show their lack of support by not going to games, but that is just a sliver of the money that goes to the teams. It would be tough to boycott all of their advertisers.

chief31
09-18-2011, 09:31 PM
We will continue to buy Budweiser and Nike and Chevy Silverados to pay the companies that pay for the advertising on the networks that pay the NFL the money to pay the players, unfortunately.

The fans can show their lack of support by not going to games, but that is just a sliver of the money that goes to the teams. It would be tough to boycott all of their advertisers.

I agree.

But, to have an effect specifically on our team, to show dissatisfaction to them, in particular, ticket sales, and team-specific merchandise sales are the way to go.

okikcfan
09-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Black Outs!

Coach
09-18-2011, 09:44 PM
If KC looks remotely this bad next week against SD, the Chiefs will have an attendance problem at their next home game.

AkChief49
09-19-2011, 02:26 PM
If KC looks remotely this bad next week against SD, the Chiefs will have an attendance problem at their next home games.
I believe that should/will be plural, Coach.

TopekaRoy
09-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Black Outs!I hope it doesn't come to that. I can't go to the games, but as a fan I want to see every hoeeible play of evey depressing game, because every once in while, we will see some good plays or a young developing player get a little better and give us a glimmer of hope for the future. I want to see us get a little bit better every week and know where the organization is headed and I can't see that if the home games are blacked out.

azchiefsfan
09-19-2011, 06:42 PM
It's called live streaming. Even if blacked out in the home market, the networks still have the rights to broadcast the games, and will. If I had to, I would find the Ukranian site I used to watch games on. The quality was sometimes poor, but I could still watch any game I wanted to.

TopekaRoy
09-19-2011, 06:57 PM
It's called live streaming. Even if blacked out in the home market, the networks still have the rights to broadcast the games, and will. If I had to, I would find the Ukranian site I used to watch games on. The quality was sometimes poor, but I could still watch any game I wanted to.
Yeah, that's true. I watch most of the Sunday games at a local bar on NFL Sunday ticket, anyway. I'm not sure if they would be Blacked out here in Topeka or not. But I have a kind of slow internet connection and the Streams are usually "choppy." The Chiefs host 2 prime time games this year on ESPN and NBC and I would hate to not be able to watch them on the TV of my choosing.

Chiefster
09-19-2011, 08:21 PM
If KC looks remotely this bad next week against SD, the Chiefs will have an attendance problem at their next home game.

This may already be an issue.