PDA

View Full Version : This guy thinks josh mcdaniels will take over for haley

marloweopatchiefs
09-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Josh McDaniels Predicted To Succeed Todd Haley Next Head Coach Of Kansas City Chiefs - SB Nation Kansas City (http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2011/9/19/2435074/peter-king-scott-piolis-job-safer-with-kansas-city-chiefs-than-todd)

I hope not

Jrudi
09-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Yeah, that project worked out in Denver pretty good. I will no longer be a fan if McDaniels is the head coach.

I think McDaniels is the only person that tore apart a franchise quicker than Pioli and Haley.

SIC J
09-19-2011, 12:28 PM
I don't think Haley is going anywhere for a couple years. Given the fact that they won the AFC West last year and this year they are plagued with key injuries. If Haley doesn't do well next year, he may get fired.

Hayvern
09-19-2011, 12:32 PM
It will be a few years before McDaniels becomes a head coach again. He is going to have to show something in St Louis again first and learn how to keep a team together.

azchiefsfan
09-19-2011, 12:39 PM
No chance. I won't even dignify something so stupid with a moments reflection.

Seek
09-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Yeah, that project worked out in Denver pretty good. I will no longer be a fan if McDaniels is the head coach.

I think McDaniels is the only person that tore apart a franchise quicker than Pioli and Haley.

I don't know Nick Saban blew up Miami pretty quickly and Herm Edwards blew this team up very quickly as well.

Seek
09-19-2011, 12:49 PM
I don't think Haley is going anywhere for a couple years. Given the fact that they won the AFC West last year and this year they are plagued with key injuries. If Haley doesn't do well next year, he may get fired.

I don't think he is going anywhere yet, but if this team starts to quit on him and won't play. He has to go. It all depends on how this team plays going forward before I start thinking his job is at risk.

AkChief49
09-19-2011, 02:23 PM
This simply cannot happen- McDaniels? are you serious?

OPLookn
09-19-2011, 02:40 PM
I think I'm going to win the powerball every time I buy a ticket too...

okikcfan
09-19-2011, 02:41 PM
First of all you have to consider the source. Yahoo sports, really? Going from Haley to McD is just going from bad to worse. Both are very good in the OC job but suck at the HC job. I can see Haley getting fired after and shut out in SD, then we have the Vikings and the Colts then our bye week. SD will surely cream us and as bad as we looked on Sunday the outlook is not too good against the other two teams even with Manning out. If Haley is going to get fired I feel it will be before the bye week, if not, it's not going to happen this season, thats just me tho.....

OPLookn
09-19-2011, 02:45 PM
First of all you have to consider the source. Yahoo sports, really? Going from Haley to McD is just going from bad to worse. Both are very good in the OC job but suck at the HC job. I can see Haley getting fired after and shut out in SD, then we have the Vikings and the Colts then our bye week. SD will surely cream us and as bad as we looked on Sunday the outlook is not too good against the other two teams even with Manning out. If Haley is going to get fired I feel it will be before the bye week, if not, it's not going to happen this season, thats just me tho.....

I'm not sure I'd say that. If we're in the hell weeks (Patriots - Packers) and getting as lit up as I think we will be I could see Haley getting dumped then. Then again at that point after the Packers you have 2 games to go and why not get rid of him.

okikcfan
09-19-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm not sayin it will happen but it very well could. I do believe Haley will be given a chance to turn things around but the fact is SD is going to blow the doors off us. KC had a hard time last year filling the seats at Arrowhead, with this season starting out as it has, it would not suprise me if the Vikings game was a black out, nor would I be shocked if the remainder of the Chiefs home games were blacked out. I believe the fans will make a statement. Someone has to make a statement. Things came together last year, he gets credit for that, but at the same time to go from first to worst? There is no excuse for that. It all boils down to coaching and play calling both of which Haley is in control of. We just have to trust Clark and Pioli to do the right thing, and do it soon....

jmlamerson
09-19-2011, 05:54 PM
We may (though probably not) fire Haley at the end of this season. Even if we do, we will not hire McDaniels. No one will trust him with another HC gig for a decade at least. Mangini or Crennel would be my early bets.

bbacker51
09-19-2011, 05:59 PM
All I want for Christmas is Bill Cowher..........or Gruden to be HC for the Chiefs. PLEASE HELP SANTA!

SIC J
09-19-2011, 06:04 PM
All I want for Christmas is Bill Cowher..........or Gruden to be HC for the Chiefs. PLEASE HELP SANTA!

Cowher would be awesome.

AkChief49
09-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Do you think the "Jaw" would come back to KC? He would want complete control over draft etc. I do not see Pioli doing that. Though he should.

OPLookn
09-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Why is everyone so high on Cowher? I mean yeah he's a tough coach and he's won a SB. But like everyone said it took him 12 years to do it! I still remember when Pioli was brought in, if you'd have looked at KC you'd have thought that everyone in the city just had all their debts paid. But now we're calling for Pioli, Haley and some Chief's players heads.

Not defending any of them but I would like to see some thought put into our next head coach instead of well he's the best we can get for now. No new flavors of the three seasons!

With that said and speculation is always fun... The obvious names have come out but are there any college coaches that anyone would like to see here?

AkChief49
09-19-2011, 07:19 PM
Why is everyone so high on Cowher? Imean yeah he's a tough coach and he's won a SB. But like everyone said it took him 12 years to do it! I still remember when Pioli was brought in, if you'd have looked at KC you'd have thought that everyone in the city just had all their debts paid. But now we're calling for Pioli, Haley and some Chief's players heads.

Not defending any of them but I would like to see some thought put into our next head coach instead of well he's the best we can get for now. No new flavors of the three seasons!

With that said and speculation is always fun... The obvious names have come out but are there any college coaches that anyone would like to see here?
In Cowher’s 15 seasons, the Steelers captured eight division titles, earned ten postseason playoff berths, played in 21 playoff games, advanced to six Championship games and made two Super Bowl appearances. He is one of only six coaches in NFL history to claim at least seven division titles. It has become an article of faith among NFL pundits that the Steelers do not have a bad team two years in a row – they have never lost 10 or more games in consecutive years since the 1970 NFL merger. At the conclusion of the 2005 season, the Pittsburgh Steelers had the best record of any team in the National Football League since Cowher was hired as head coach.

I don't know....winning -again - would not be so bad. So what it took him 12 years to win the big one. The last time this team was there? 1970. 41 years and 10 coaches ago. I could easily wait another 12 years knowing, not crossing our fingers and hoping, we'd have a shot at the big show again. Knowing we would be competitive year in year out. that would not suck. JMHO.
I know he would be a huge long shot. A guy can dream right? Who else is out there that brings his caliber of credentials to the table?

TopekaRoy
09-19-2011, 08:19 PM
I think Haley will be here until the end of the season, but if he does get fired before that, it will be right after the Colts game. That will give the team an extra week to get used to a new coach, before they play another game.

I can't wee any way that Pioli would Hire McDaniels. It would be a very unpopular move and a public relations nightmare.

What makes you people think Cowher would want to coach the Chiefs? He has a pretty cushy job with CBS and probably makes more money than any team could pay him to work 18 hours a day coaching. He has also publicly stated that he doesn't want to be a coach.

Putting an end to numerous unfounded rumors of his return to coaching in the NFL in 2009, Cowher stated on The NFL Today that he did not plan to coach again in the immediate future. Wkipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Cowher)Unless something has changed recently, I don't see the Chiefs luring him back into coaching.

AkChief49
09-19-2011, 08:51 PM
I think Haley will be here until the end of the season, but if he does get fired before that, it will be right after the Colts game. That will give the team an extra week to get used to a new coach, before they play another game.

I can't wee any way that Pioli would Hire McDaniels. It would be a very unpopular move and a public relations nightmare.

What makes you people think Cowher would want to coach the Chiefs? He has a pretty cushy job with CBS and probably makes more money than any team could pay him to work 18 hours a day coaching. He has also publicly stated that he doesn't want to be a coach.

Unless something has changed recently, I don't see the Chiefs luring him back into coaching.
Like I said, just a dream.....

okikcfan
09-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Haley is a public relations nightmare. Micky D? Thats just stupid.

70 chiefsfan70
09-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Why is everyone so high on Cowher? I mean yeah he's a tough coach and he's won a SB. But like everyone said it took him 12 years to do it!th I still remember when Pioli was brought in, if you'd have looked at KC you'd have thought that everyone in e city just had all their debts paid. But now we're calling for Pioli, Haley and some Chief's players heads.

Its cause we checked the mail and found some bills.....I'm still pissed!

ctchiefsfan
09-20-2011, 05:49 AM
I think I am feeling a little sick.

chief31
09-20-2011, 02:05 PM

Putting an end to numerous unfounded rumors of his return to coaching in the NFL in 2009, Cowher stated on The NFL Today that he did not plan to coach again in the immediate future. Wkipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Cowher)

Unless something has changed recently, I don't see the Chiefs luring him back into coaching.

Well, what is the date on that, 2009? Prior to the 2009 season even?

And the inclusion of the words "immediate future" pretty much make that particular quote null and void by now.

However, I do agree that it would be unlikely for him to return, and come here.

The fact that he is not coaching, two years after having made that statement, tells me he is probably pretty satisfied where he is.

TopekaRoy
09-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Well, what is the date on that, 2009? Prior to the 2009 season even?

And the inclusion of the words "immediate future" pretty much make that particular quote null and void by now.

However, I do agree that it would be unlikely for him to return, and come here.

The fact that he is not coaching, two years after having made that statement, tells me he is probably pretty satisfied where he is.
LOL. You answered your own objection before you even finished your post. That was only 2 seasons ago and, to my knowledge, nothing has changed. I think he said "immediate future" just to give himself some wiggle room in case he changes his mind. But he doesn't seem to have done that.

ctchiefsfan
09-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Well...If we are going to have wild and crazy speculation.....IF Haley were get canned.....which I do NOT think is called for......I'd rather see Dick Vermeil back than see Josh McDaniels come here.

TopekaRoy
09-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Well...If we are going to have wild and crazy speculation.....IF Haley were get canned.....which I do NOT think is called for......I'd rather see Dick Vermeil back than see Josh McDaniels come here.
with the way this team is playing so far, how much do you think he would cry, now? LOL.

ctchiefsfan
09-20-2011, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't care. I thought he did a pretty good job.

chief31
09-23-2011, 12:28 PM
LOL. You answered your own objection before you even finished your post. That was only 2 seasons ago and, to my knowledge, nothing has changed. I think he said "immediate future" just to give himself some wiggle room in case he changes his mind. But he doesn't seem to have done that.

I agree with the theory that Cowher is not terribly interested in coaching again...yet.

But I think that quote, which had the '09 preseason, the '10 preaseason, and the 2011 offseasons for hiring a new HC, is too long ago to use as a measure of his interest today.

The better measure is the fact that he is not coaching today, in my opinion.

Too bad too. I like Cowher's record of success as a HC, and his attitude.

TopekaRoy
09-23-2011, 01:27 PM
I agree with the theory that Cowher is not terribly interested in coaching again...yet.

But I think that quote, which had the '09 preseason, the '10 preaseason, and the 2011 offseasons for hiring a new HC, is too long ago to use as a measure of his interest today.

The better measure is the fact that he is not coaching today, in my opinion.

Too bad too. I like Cowher's record of success as a HC, and his attitude.

Yeah, I think Cowher would be/has been an excellent coach. But coaching is very hard work. Long hours, lots of stress and tons of scrutiny and criticism. He is one of the few players/coaches that has made the transition from the field to the broadcast booth and been successful. If he can make a good living talking about football I can't really blame him for not wanting to get back out on the field.