PDA

View Full Version : What are our major flaws??

figcrostic
09-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Our passing hasn't been good: Is that our O-line being terrible? Is Matt Cassel just not that good? Is it the fact that our #1 round pick hasn't played?

Our secondary is being picked apart including when Berry played: Does our secondary suck? Do Qb's have too much time to throw the ball because our we can't pressure the QB?

If you were Haley what would you do now? You lost Berry and you lost Charles.

My feelings are Matt Cassel is still the same guy when has options he is good. He is not Big Ben,Brady, or Manning in that he can't make something out of nothing but if he has an open receiver and he has enough time to throw he usually makes a good decision. I don't think he has a lot of power or accuracy on deep throws but in 25 yards and less he's usually good. I think we should stick with Cassel, beef up our line, be more creative on our play calls because when we aren't so 1 dimensional we actually do well. I would draft a QB next year but I'd draft a LT first and move Albert to guard.

azchiefsfan
09-19-2011, 04:13 PM
When Cassel had a barely adequate O line last year he lit it up. The O and D line are the beginning and end of are problem. Give Cassel and the receivers time and they will put up huge numbers again and score like crazy. Have some pressure on opposing QB's and the secondary can start to clamp down on the opponents receivers. It all begins and ends with our terrible lines. We have enough decent players(not superstars yet) to win and contend. But the O and D line are too weak to support our team right now. It is that simple.

Chiefs fanatic
09-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Right now we are so bad I think you could point fingers at just about anyone.

#58ChiefsFan
09-19-2011, 05:10 PM
The major flaw is the same as it's been since Haley and Pioli took over. They have failed on the offensive line over and over. Cassel needs a solid line to make his decisions that arguably take a little too long, Jones needs a bigger crease to get up field and we simply cannot provide that. Once the offense starts working and the defense is not playing 40 minutes a game I would be surprised if the d line needs much. I'd be in favor of going to a 4-3 at this point just to see how our guys fared.

jmlamerson
09-19-2011, 05:45 PM
The major flaw is the same as it's been since Haley and Pioli took over. They have failed on the offensive line over and over.

Agreed. At least they tried to fix the DL, even if they failed. I don't understand why they won't fix the OL. Even if Asamoah and Hudson are our LG and C of the future, we just don't have the OTs to protect our QB. Why won't the draft an elite LT or at least a real RT. WHY?!

reded
09-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Major flaws?

1. We suck on Offense.

2. We suck on Defense.

3. We suck on Special Teams.

4. We suck at coaching.

AkChief49
09-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Agreed. At least they tried to fix the DL, even if they failed. I don't understand why they won't fix the OL. Even if Asamoah and Hudson are our LG and C of the future, we just don't have the OTs to protect our QB. Why won't the draft an elite LT or at least a real RT. WHY?!
Those elites cost$$$

OPLookn
09-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Q: What are our major flaws??

A: Anything football related?

OPLookn
09-19-2011, 06:15 PM
The major flaw is the same as it's been since Haley and Pioli took over. They have failed on the offensive line over and over. Cassel needs a solid line to make his decisions that arguably take a little too long, Jones needs a bigger crease to get up field and we simply cannot provide that. Once the offense starts working and the defense is not playing 40 minutes a game I would be surprised if the d line needs much. I'd be in favor of going to a 4-3 at this point just to see how our guys fared.

^^^ THIS!

I thought a long time ago if everyone is doing 3-4 why not go 4-3? Everyone is jockeying after all the same players. Plus Dorsey is built for a 4-3! I know, I know Beli is moving there so I could just be stealing his idea but if everyone is doing something one way there's got to be a just as good or better way to do it. Right?

I'd blow up the D, at least then we'd have a reason for getting lit up other than they're tired because they've been running sprints all damn game.

#58ChiefsFan
09-19-2011, 07:55 PM
We wouldnt have to blow up the defense to try this. Our draft picks on the line all played in a 4-3 base in college.

LDE - Tyson Jackson
LT - Glenn Dorsey
RT - Jerrell Powe
RDE - Allen Bailey

Will - Tamba Hali
Mike - DJ
Sam - Justin Houston

Our secondary is fine when all the pieces are there, like everywhere we need quality depth.

Chiefster
09-19-2011, 07:58 PM
Well, the largest major flaw that I can see at this point is that we're awful. Just my opinion. :lol:

Ryfo18
09-19-2011, 08:09 PM
The line is not that bad really, outside of the RT position. Richardson has given up 6 QB pressures in 2 games. Nobody else has given up more than 2.

azchiefsfan
09-19-2011, 08:23 PM
30th in passing yards last year, ya he lit it up

He was the 8th best you...let me just post the facts, rather than make myself sound as ignorant as some Cassel haters:

2010 NFL Player Passing Stats - National Football League - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2010/seasontype/2)

azchiefsfan
09-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Next on my block list: haters with no knowledge, just stupid rhetoric.

Ryfo18
09-19-2011, 08:27 PM
He was the 8th best you...let me just post the facts, rather than make myself sound as ignorant as some Cassel haters:

2010 NFL Player Passing Stats - National Football League - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2010/seasontype/2)

You do realize that we had probably the easiest passing schedule ever last year, and that is no exaggeration at all.

reded
09-19-2011, 08:32 PM
I think Jim Mora sums it up well......

http://youtu.be/zX4ox7aX_wc

Chiefster
09-19-2011, 08:33 PM
It might actually be easier to list what isn't our major flaws.

jmlamerson
09-19-2011, 11:00 PM
We wouldnt have to blow up the defense to try this. Our draft picks on the line all played in a 4-3 base in college.

LDE - Tyson Jackson
LT - Glenn Dorsey
RT - Jerrell Powe
RDE - Allen Bailey

Will - Tamba Hali
Mike - DJ
Sam - Justin Houston

Our secondary is fine when all the pieces are there, like everywhere we need quality depth.

We'd almost certainly play Hali at RDE, put DeMorrio Williams at Mike, and DJ at Will LB.

Fastphilly
09-20-2011, 01:08 AM
Richardson is the definate weak link on our OL. He was meant to be a temp replacing injured O'Callaghan. He ended up being the starter and has been horrible.

doobs_05
09-20-2011, 01:32 AM
You do realize that we had probably the easiest passing schedule ever last year, and that is no exaggeration at all.

This...

chief31
09-20-2011, 01:29 PM
When Cassel had a barely adequate O line last year he lit it up. The O and D line are the beginning and end of are problem. Give Cassel and the receivers time and they will put up huge numbers again and score like crazy. Have some pressure on opposing QB's and the secondary can start to clamp down on the opponents receivers. It all begins and ends with our terrible lines. We have enough decent players(not superstars yet) to win and contend. But the O and D line are too weak to support our team right now. It is that simple.

Well, While I agree for the most part, I can't say that Cassel has played well, even with those considerations.

30th in passing yards last year, ya he lit it up

8th in QB Rating.
8th in TDs
And on an offense that made no secret about being based around the running game, instead of the passing game.

Considering where this team was the previous season, yes. Lit it up.

Seek
09-20-2011, 01:42 PM
The first biggest Flaw I would address, it the most probable realistic fix we can make this year.

Stop Turning the dang ball over. All of last year we lost 6 fumbles. So far this year in two games we have lost 5.

Next biggest flaw is committing penalties and not playing smart.

These two things will kill a team faster than anything. Start fixing these problems first and the other things won't look so bad.

Cant throw the ball if you don't have it. Can't stop the other team from scoring if they have the ball the entire game.

chief31
09-20-2011, 01:57 PM
I say the biggest flaw was probably over-confidence.

The losses of Weiss, Waters, Edwards and Smith will create an adjustment period to get the replacements up to speed with the plan.

But mostly, I think we got full of ourselves and needed to get humiliated, to burst some egos. That's players, and staff.

I do believe that we will start seeing a football team getting back on track. Albeit, without our most effective weapons.

I am not predicting that we will beat The Chargers. That game could still be pretty brutal.

But I think we will start getting our act together, and working hard to improve.

texaschief
09-22-2011, 09:39 PM
Todd Haley. Todd Haley in a walk.

Todd Haley was a gamble at head coach to begin with and now Chiefs fans are starting to realize why. His lack of humility and unwillingness to hire coaches to help coach these players is truly unbelievable.

We need a head coach and an offensive coordinator. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want the Chiefs to be in position to draft Luck next spring. I think he's one of those "can't miss" QB prospects like Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, Matt Ryan, or Matthew Stafford.

New head coach, new offensive coordinator, and a fresh start without needing to completely rebuild.

josh1971
09-22-2011, 10:24 PM
Todd Haley. Todd Haley in a walk.

Todd Haley was a gamble at head coach to begin with and now Chiefs fans are starting to realize why. His lack of humility and unwillingness to hire coaches to help coach these players is truly unbelievable.

We need a head coach and an offensive coordinator. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want the Chiefs to be in position to draft Luck next spring. I think he's one of those "can't miss" QB prospects like Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, Matt Ryan, or Matthew Stafford.

New head coach, new offensive coordinator, and a fresh start without needing to completely rebuild.

I like the way you're thinking here, but unfortunately, a new head coach is not likely to keep all the other position coaches and such- he'll want HIS people in HIS system, so it probably would be back to a complete rebuild.

jason1981
09-22-2011, 11:01 PM
i think the lack of offeseason is what hurt us the most. our play calling was better in the second game. first game i could almost predict run or pass every play. were to predictable. then fundamentals, turnovers, oline not knowing there assignments and blocking the wrong guy and tackling. we played better against detrout but after charles went down we fell apart. we fell apart the first game after mcluster fumbeld the opening kick. were not a strong team. once we get deflated we dont get back up we just fold. i dont want a new coach. then it will be just like the old. new system and rebuilding again. we could be a decent team when we play fundementaly and penalty free and less turnovers.

jason1981
09-22-2011, 11:05 PM
if haley doesnt get the team to regroup i would say he will be fighting for his job. but i doubt he will be fired either way when we lost our 2 best players and knowing its not his fault that poili didnt bring better players like on the oline. its poili job to make sure we have enough talent on the team. haley job is only to coach the players we have.

texaschief
09-23-2011, 01:25 AM
I like the way you're thinking here, but unfortunately, a new head coach is not likely to keep all the other position coaches and such- he'll want HIS people in HIS system, so it probably would be back to a complete rebuild.

I wouldn't necessarily mind a complete coaching overhaul, but we wouldn't need to scrap the roster AGAIN like they did when Edwards showed up and started to bring youth back to the team or then AGAIN when Pioli showed up and tore down the 4-3 Edwards had built to re-install a 3-4. As long as they don't hire Jeff Fisher or some other 4-3 coach, we should be able to avoid another roster rebuild.

Seek
09-23-2011, 09:28 AM
scrap the whole roster. Seriously... Guys it has been two games... There is still potential on this team that we just have not seen yet. Get away for the Gimmick of McCluster and we may realize that talents of Steve Breaston and McClain. We have yet to see Baldwin.

Eventually the Chiefs are going to try a different game plan that Giving the ball than McCluster.

The year we signed Priest Holmes I dropped him in week six from my Fantasy because he just wasn't worth keeping, only to have him blow up later that season after the Chiefs realized what he truly was.

Did we all Know that. J Charles would be the back he was until LJ was completely out of the picture.

Heck, Ricky Stanzi may be our Tom Brady, we don't know. Yeah, this team will struggle to win, and there is obvious holes. But before we scrap the entire team two games after winning the division, lets see if their are players ready to step up.

Most fans on here knew last season was an easy schedule, and knew this year would be very tough.

I personally want to see this team use this year to grow for next year. Need to get away from the using McCluster and use the other talents that everyone was so excited to see this year and have heard nothing.

azchiefsfan
09-23-2011, 10:42 AM
I am starting to just laugh at the threads nowadays. The offensive line can't stop anybody-Matt Cassel sucks. The receivers keep dropping passes-Matt Cassel sucks. Running backs can't run past the line of scrimmage-Matt Cassel sucks. 7 yards to the first down and a 3 yard cross route is called by the coach-Matt Cassel sucks. The defense allows 250 yards on the ground-Matt Cassel sucks. The secondary is allowing 30 yard passes-Matt Cassel sucks. We can't get a sack to save our lives-Matt Cassel sucks. We need an offensive coordinator with some experience-Matt Cassel sucks. One guy on the field could go to any good NFL team and start(maybe not be great, but start) while every other sad sack on the field can't figure out what they're supposed to be doing-Matt Cassel sucks. Yeah, it is every bit as stupid as I just demonstrated.

bbacker51
09-23-2011, 11:03 AM
I am starting to just laugh at the threads nowadays. The offensive line can't stop anybody-Matt Cassel sucks. The receivers keep dropping passes-Matt Cassel sucks. Running backs can't run past the line of scrimmage-Matt Cassel sucks. 7 yards to the first down and a 3 yard cross route is called by the coach-Matt Cassel sucks. The defense allows 250 yards on the ground-Matt Cassel sucks. The secondary is allowing 30 yard passes-Matt Cassel sucks. We can't get a sack to save our lives-Matt Cassel sucks. We need an offensive coordinator with some experience-Matt Cassel sucks. One guy on the field could go to any good NFL team and start(maybe not be great, but start) while every other sad sack on the field can't figure out what they're supposed to be doing-Matt Cassel sucks. Yeah, it is every bit as stupid as I just demonstrated.

You never mentioned how Matt Cassel isn't playing well.:lol:

okikcfan
09-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Biggest Flaw, TODD HALEY

chiefnut
09-23-2011, 01:19 PM
our biggest flaw is our schedule, we have to play all professional football teams! we need to have some high schooll teams thrown in there so we can win a few games.

OPLookn
09-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Our biggest problem above everything is lack of heart. I've seen the Chiefs giving up in towards the tail end of the game. More so of a well, we got our butts kicked again so lets just let the clock tick down and go home.

The first game was shock, Haley, the players, the fans...everyone was just shell shocked. I mean sure I'd say the average fan thought it'd be close and we'd pull out the game in the end but we got beat by how much?!?

The second game was just as bad because most thought the first game was a fluke, Buffalo had sucked for so long, any given Sunday", we turned the ball over just an overall bad game and then Detroit happens.

I don't care about the first two games, don't care that they got blown out, had 9 TO's between the two games or what the average score is, how much they scored or how little we did. It's a new week, players should know by now they have to have short memories. I want to see them come out, have some of that swagger that an AFC West champion should and play with some d@mn heart!