PDA

View Full Version : Suck for Luck?

KCCF
09-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Been hearing this catch phrase but in all honesty how do you guys think we will pan out?

I mean our 2 best players are out for the year 2 games in. Our head coach (who everyone was praising last year) is suddenly on the hot seat and then we have...

Cassel
CMP--37 ATT--58 YDS--252 CMP%--63.8 AVG--4.35 TD--1 LNG--45 INT--4 FUM--1 RAT--50.4

Lets get Luck then spend all that awesome money we felt like saving for this season (assuming we are aggressive in FA next year).

Maybe I am being too pessimistic after witnessing some success for the first time in years last year but I don't know.

okikcfan
09-19-2011, 09:16 PM
This is what scares me, whats to say anything will change? I mean, now that I have taken a deep breath and calmed down some what, realistically, Haley will not be fired until the end of the season unless Clark works out some kind of a deal with whom ever, second, whats to make us believe that Pioli will rush out in the off season and start buying up good big name FA's. He hasn't done it in the past. We all come here every off season and passed along our lists of who we want, but it never turns out like we had all hoped. It's not Cassel, Jackson, Jamal, Berry or Tony M. It's the entire team and It's Coach. It will take alot more than just Jamal, Tony and Berry to fix this.

70 chiefsfan70
09-19-2011, 09:56 PM
This is what scares me, whats to say anything will change? I mean, now that I have taken a deep breath and calmed down some what, realistically, Haley will not be fired until the end of the season unless Clark works out some kind of a deal with whom ever, second, whats to make us believe that Pioli will rush out in the off season and start buying up good big name FA's. He hasn't done it in the past. We all come here every off season and passed along our lists of who we want, but it never turns out like we had all hoped. It's not Cassel, Jackson, Jamal, Berry or Tony M. It's the entire team and It's Coach. It will take alot more than just Jamal, Tony and Berry to fix this.

It may just take some "LUCK"

tornadospotter
09-19-2011, 10:47 PM
:homer:
3 players, out of 53 are out for the season. Do you think, that the other 50 plus 3 newbies brought on to fill the roster, can have any confidence, now that three starters are out for the season, I would hope so. I actually am anticipating that some will step in, and we are going to be excited about them yet. Negativity breeds the same. Yes I am a Homer! Damm proud to be! Yes, I am bruised and battered! But I still believe every game day! Chiefs Will!

:bananen_smilies046:

jmlamerson
09-19-2011, 11:02 PM
Tanking doesn't do any good. The players will never respect the ownership again. You have to play hard week-in and week-out, and get your young players some experience.

KristofLaw
09-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Let the Colts suck for Luck.

Fastphilly
09-19-2011, 11:51 PM
Suck for Luck or keep seeing ducks by our current QB..I choose Luck. The last time the Chiefs drafted a top prospect that had success in the NFL was before I was born...and I'm pushing 40!!!

Fastphilly
09-20-2011, 12:05 AM
I would never hope that my team would intentionally choke a season, but Luck is considered one of the best prospects to come out in the draft since Peyton Manning. Cassel is not the answer and the philosiphy of a run oriented team and a QB to manage the game might win you a Super Bowl with a lights out defence,but more often than not those teams get eliminated in playoffs.

OMGLadyGaga
09-20-2011, 01:19 AM
I don't want the team to intentionally tank, that's just dumb. But if they go out there play hard and still get crushed by superpowers like Buffalo and Detroit, well...lets just say I wouldn't be too upset if we go 2-14 this season. I want Luck bad!!!!

doobs_05
09-20-2011, 01:30 AM
IF Kansas City has the #1 overall pick....you take Luck

Fastphilly
09-20-2011, 01:45 AM
I'm officially on the suck for Luck bandwagon..Have a losing season with the worst record in the league to obtain a player that is one of the best QB's to come out of the draft in over a decade and can possibly deliver 10-15 years of success...Thats a no brainer. The only thing that could suck worse is if he decides to pull a Eli Manning/ John Elway and refuse to sign with the drafted team..

Codac
09-20-2011, 03:55 AM
Back for the first time in like 2 years haha. Just had to talk about the Chiefs with someone. Out here in Afghan everyone likes the freaking steelers and pats.

So what I see is a terrible first 2 games. (obviously.) But the season is not even close to being over yet. If Dexter can somehow get himself to play like he played in college and come into his own, then the season isn't even close to being over.

In my opinion the season falls onto the shoulders of 2 players. Matt Cassel and Dexter McCluster.
Cassel has a decent array of weapons around him. Breaston is a good player. Not great but good. Once triple B (Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin) gets going i think they could be a very good trio. Cassel needs to make better decisions. That is obvious. He is just trying to hard. He needs to relax, read the coverage and start doing what I think he has the ability to do.
I'm not a huge Cassel fan but I still think he has a chance to save this season.
As stated earlier McCluster needs to make some plays running the ball. Thomas is a good reliable player but not as reliable as he used to and he has definitely slowed down. Ease McCluster into the running game next game, then get him more touches game 4. Don't forget he is a guy that can make catches out of the backfield. Throw some screens into the mix. Hopefully he can make it to where we can manage to miss Charles for the season and then next season him and Charles together can tear it up.

Todd Haley. Touchy subject, but I still like him. I think he needs to work with Muir and balance out the gameplan more. They have been passing way too much. Obviously we are no longer a run first team with Jamal out but with LeRon, Thomas, and Dexter you still have a better backfield than other teams in the league.

The Defense is struggling. Losing Berry was a HUGE hit. Like Charles there is no true replacement for him. McGraw needs to step up. He has been with this team for a long time and now is his chance to prove he has deserved to be on this team for so long. Flowers, Hali, and Johnson need to step up and be leaders and help this defense to get playing at a higher level that we now they can.

Thats my opinion. If you think i'm crazy then call me crazy. What do ya think?

ctchiefsfan
09-20-2011, 06:01 AM
:homer:
3 players, out of 53 are out for the season. Do you think, that the other 50 plus 3 newbies brought on to fill the roster, can have any confidence, now that three starters are out for the season, I would hope so. I actually am anticipating that some will step in, and we are going to be excited about them yet. Negativity breeds the same. Yes I am a Homer! Damm proud to be! Yes, I am bruised and battered! But I still believe every game day! Chiefs Will!

:bananen_smilies046:

Thank you!!!! We need more of that here right now!

ctchiefsfan
09-20-2011, 06:02 AM
Suck for Luck or keep seeing ducks by our current QB..I choose Luck. The last time the Chiefs drafted a top prospect that had success in the NFL was before I was born...and I'm pushing 40!!!

Oh looky! Pushing 40! AN INFANT!

ctchiefsfan
09-20-2011, 06:08 AM
Back for the first time in like 2 years haha. Just had to talk about the Chiefs with someone. Out here in Afghan everyone likes the freaking steelers and pats.

So what I see is a terrible first 2 games. (obviously.) But the season is not even close to being over yet. If Dexter can somehow get himself to play like he played in college and come into his own, then the season isn't even close to being over.

In my opinion the season falls onto the shoulders of 2 players. Matt Cassel and Dexter McCluster.
Cassel has a decent array of weapons around him. Breaston is a good player. Not great but good. Once triple B (Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin) gets going i think they could be a very good trio. Cassel needs to make better decisions. That is obvious. He is just trying to hard. He needs to relax, read the coverage and start doing what I think he has the ability to do.
I'm not a huge Cassel fan but I still think he has a chance to save this season.
As stated earlier McCluster needs to make some plays running the ball. Thomas is a good reliable player but not as reliable as he used to and he has definitely slowed down. Ease McCluster into the running game next game, then get him more touches game 4. Don't forget he is a guy that can make catches out of the backfield. Throw some screens into the mix. Hopefully he can make it to where we can manage to miss Charles for the season and then next season him and Charles together can tear it up.

Todd Haley. Touchy subject, but I still like him. I think he needs to work with Muir and balance out the gameplan more. They have been passing way too much. Obviously we are no longer a run first team with Jamal out but with LeRon, Thomas, and Dexter you still have a better backfield than other teams in the league.

The Defense is struggling. Losing Berry was a HUGE hit. Like Charles there is no true replacement for him. McGraw needs to step up. He has been with this team for a long time and now is his chance to prove he has deserved to be on this team for so long. Flowers, Hali, and Johnson need to step up and be leaders and help this defense to get playing at a higher level that we now they can.

VERY WELL SAID!

chief31
09-20-2011, 10:12 AM

Rep.

Very well stated.

Chiefster
09-20-2011, 06:40 PM

Rep my friend!

I can't tell you how much I hope your right about the season.

Kc-ben
09-20-2011, 07:32 PM

Personally I think Hailey will be gone by our bye week if we don't see a change real soon. I don't think we will by then.. Lets keep our fingers for the sake of getting rid of Hailey. We also need to be looking for a new offensive cord. What other team will try and run on 3rd and 15 +???

figcrostic
09-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Been hearing this catch phrase but in all honesty how do you guys think we will pan out?

I mean our 2 best players are out for the year 2 games in. Our head coach (who everyone was praising last year) is suddenly on the hot seat and then we have...

Cassel
CMP--37 ATT--58 YDS--252 CMP%--63.8 AVG--4.35 TD--1 LNG--45 INT--4 FUM--1 RAT--50.4

Lets get Luck then spend all that awesome money we felt like saving for this season (assuming we are aggressive in FA next year).

Maybe I am being too pessimistic after witnessing some success for the first time in years last year but I don't know.

I'll give you Charles but Berry is nowhere near our best player he's not even our best player in our secondary that would be Flowers.

josh1971
09-20-2011, 08:26 PM
You don't tank games and seasons on purpose for the prospect of a great player who MIGHT help you win. What good will Luck be if he's constantly on his back or running for his life?

rosefour
09-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Thank you first for being out of country for the USA. Hope you are safe and home soon. Also hope you are right about the season. I am depressed already....

Codac
09-20-2011, 11:39 PM
I think im gonna make this into an actual post so more people see it and maybe i can turn some of these frowns upside down lol

ctchiefsfan
09-20-2011, 11:44 PM
I think im gonna make this into an actual post so more people see it and maybe i can turn some of these frowns upside down lol

??????

Codac
09-20-2011, 11:50 PM
My big long speech about how the season isnt over lol. im gonna make it a thread so more people see it. Sorry im still figuring this thing out. its been a while

ctchiefsfan
09-21-2011, 12:22 AM
My big long speech about how the season isnt over lol. im gonna make it a thread so more people see it. Sorry im still figuring this thing out. its been a while

Do it! Good season or bad, we are still supposed to be Chiefs fans!

:chiefs:

figcrostic
09-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Suck for luck sounds like a movie about gay leprechaun's :D

KristofLaw
09-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Suck for luck sounds like a movie about gay leprechaun's :D

:lol: