PDA

View Full Version : I was run off this board...

chiefsrule
09-19-2011, 09:56 PM
for thinking the Chiefs would do bad this year. So those who ran me off now are agreeing with me? Really all it took was to not use the rose colored glasses and see we did nothing to improve this team in the offseason, tough schedule and wow I can't even begin to talk about how horrible a coach Haley is. Last year was a fluke with that easy schedule. Honestly though I didn't expect us to lose to Buffalo but did think we would lose to Detroit I also did not think we would be this bad either. WE stink! Haley is as good as gone at the end of the year if not sooner and what to do with Pioli? Guess we are stuck with him much like we were with Carl and his 5 year plan (20 years)

matthewschiefs
09-19-2011, 10:32 PM
First off you were NOT ran off this board you chose to leave.

And last year was no fluke. NO divison winner in the NFL is a fluke. We won a divison that had the number 1 team on offense and defense last year. They played the NFC West to. We won all 4 they only won 2. They were NOT a weak team and we beat them. That's no fluke. As much as you don't want to give credit where credit is due to Haley and Pioli you can't change those FACTS.

So far your right we stink. The year is not over and it seems it's going to be a LONG season. And if that does turn out to be the Case then some changes will be made and they will be needed. But I will say again. To do anther complete overhaul is STUPID. And will only take it longer to be a competive team. Sometimes things just don't go your way in a year. But overgoing a 100% overhaul is not the right thing to do. Haley goes if things don't get better but we are going to stick with Piloi hate to tell you that

tornadospotter
09-19-2011, 11:04 PM
for thinking the Chiefs would do bad this year. So those who ran me off now are agreeing with me? Really all it took was to not use the rose colored glasses and see we did nothing to improve this team in the offseason, tough schedule and wow I can't even begin to talk about how horrible a coach Haley is. Last year was a fluke with that easy schedule. Honestly though I didn't expect us to lose to Buffalo but did think we would lose to Detroit I also did not think we would be this bad either. WE stink! Haley is as good as gone at the end of the year if not sooner and what to do with Pioli? Guess we are stuck with him much like we were with Carl and his 5 year plan (20 years)
How if you was run off this site are you able to post on this site? I do not think you where, and I would know.

And last year was no fluke. NO divison winner in the NFL is a fluke. We won a divison that had the number 1 team on offense and defense last year. They played the NFC West to. We won all 4 they only won 2. They were NOT a weak team and we beat them. That's no fluke. As much as you don't want to give credit where credit is due to Haley and Pioli you can't change those FACTS.

So far your right we stink. The year is not over and it seems it's going to be a LONG season. And if that does turn out to be the Case then some changes will be made and they will be needed. But I will say again. To do anther complete overhaul is STUPID. And will only take it longer to be a competive team. Sometimes things just don't go your way in a year. But overgoing a 100% overhaul is not the right thing to do. Haley goes if things don't get better but we are going to stick with Piloi hate to tell you that
I would agree.

2010chiefs
09-20-2011, 01:03 AM
What would you do?

matthewschiefs
09-20-2011, 01:07 AM
Who did we beat that was good? What happened when we played good teams? We got killed with the exception of SD and everyone knows that was a fluke game, they killed us in total yardage, KILLED. Got smashed by oak twice, murdered at SD, murdered at denver, murdered against balt, lost to indy. Every true test we had last season we lost with the exception of that first MNF game against SD which we shouldnt of won. so 1-5 against truly legit teams

I'm Sorry but I could have swore the Kansas City Chiefs won the AFC west a year ago and not SD. That means we were the better team. Cry weak scedule all you want but the FACT is the Chargers were 2-2 against the NFC west we went 4-0 against the NFC west. We beat the guys they couldn't Call week 1 a fluke game if you want from a season ago. The Chiefs WON that game. The chargers may have had more yards but the only thing that matters is points on the board. Just because it doesn't suite your arguement don't change the facts of what this team did last year. The FACT is the chiefs beat the Chargers week 1. The FACT is the Chiefs won the AFC west. Beating the Chargers for wins in the season. Sorry but those are facts.

SIC J
09-20-2011, 02:38 AM
Who did we beat that was good? What happened when we played good teams? We got killed with the exception of SD and everyone knows that was a fluke game, they killed us in total yardage, KILLED. Got smashed by oak twice, murdered at SD, murdered at denver, murdered against balt, lost to indy. Every true test we had last season we lost with the exception of that first MNF game against SD which we shouldnt of won. so 1-5 against truly legit teams

You can get a million yards in a game, but if you can't put points on the board you LOSE. Plain and simple. That's what happened when the Chiefs BEAT the Chargers in week 1 last year.

chief31
09-20-2011, 12:52 PM

Here to gloat over how bad The Chiefs have played are ya?

What a hero you must think you are.

Jaguars and Seahawks fit in there too, rather you like it, or not.

You can't cite the easy schedule 8-8 Raiders, without including the 8-8 Jaguars, while The Seahawks managed to beat The Saints in the playoffs.

And The Chiefs beat both of those teams.

While I agree we had an easy schedule, and overachieved some, you are exagerrating to enjoy your current victory over Chiefs fans.

Seek
09-20-2011, 01:18 PM
I might be wrong, but I thought the only stink Chiefs Rule made was how Cheap the Chiefs were. Kept calling them the Cheaps and refused to over spend on over priced free agents.

I don't think anyone argued that this team still did not have holes that needed to be fixed, it was just how we fixed them.

I still don't think that building a team is through Free agency.

jmlamerson
09-20-2011, 04:02 PM
I might be wrong, but I thought the only stink Chiefs Rule made was how Cheap the Chiefs were. Kept calling them the Cheaps and refused to over spend on over priced free agents.

I don't think anyone argued that this team still did not have holes that needed to be fixed, it was just how we fixed them.

I still don't think that building a team is through Free agency.

Not to derail the OP bashing, but teams can be in many successful ways. The Saints through free agency, the Steelers through the draft, or the Pats through a hybrid. You just have to make the right FA and draft choices.

Chiefster
09-20-2011, 06:07 PM
Ya know as right as you may have been about the Chiefs at this point in the season I'm quite certain that no one forced you to leave just as no one is forcing you to come back or stay.

drstandley31
09-22-2011, 12:33 AM
How exactly is playing 17 NFL teams....easy? I'm so sick of hearing that I can't stand it. Don't know who "ran" you off, but I hope they do it a second time.

chiefsrule
09-25-2011, 08:47 PM

If it wasn't a fluke and we were a good team and have the same players then what is the excuse? Herm took the Chiefs to the playoffs his first year, you didn't think that was a fluke or was he really a good coach? Fact: San Diego was missing two of their better players at the start of the year due to holdouts. Fact we had an easy schedule who cares what other teams schedules were. Is it a fact we are going to stay with Pioli? You could be right but more likey we are stuck with him and only having one good draft out of three with no good free agents brought in isn't going to cut and is why we still stink. STILL too many holes to fill. It is like we fill one hole that is leaking water and another one or two show up. The ship is still going down. FACT.

matthewschiefs
09-25-2011, 09:30 PM
If it wasn't a fluke and we were a good team and have the same players then what is the excuse? Herm took the Chiefs to the playoffs his first year, you didn't think that was a fluke or was he really a good coach? Fact: San Diego was missing two of their better players at the start of the year due to holdouts. Fact we had an easy schedule who cares what other teams schedules were. Is it a fact we are going to stay with Pioli? You could be right but more likey we are stuck with him and only having one good draft out of three with no good free agents brought in isn't going to cut and is why we still stink. STILL too many holes to fill. It is like we fill one hole that is leaking water and another one or two show up. The ship is still going down. FACT.

FACT again CHARGERS played the NFC west last year to. US 4-0 them 2-2 Keep ignoreing that all you want but it's a FACT.

What about late in the year when the Chargers lost to the bengals. Whats the excuse there?

And Bad drafts? Eric berry, Tony M, Mccluster who did a fine job today, Arenas who gave us field postion on a number of returns and plays on the d, Justin Houston a rookie who is doing ok so far but hes a rookie, Baldwin can't say he hasn't played yet. Look i agree that Jackson wasnt a good pick. EVERY gm will pick a bust. But Lets not pretend our drafts have been horrible. We have got some good young players. That will get better with time. You make it sound like Pioli has been year for years and years. This is year 3. He came in a took over 2-14 team. This team is FAR better then what it was in 08.

OTR Chiefs fan
09-25-2011, 10:40 PM
FACT again CHARGERS played the NFC west last year to. US 4-0 them 2-2 Keep ignoreing that all you want but it's a FACT.

What about late in the year when the Chargers lost to the bengals. Whats the excuse there?

And Bad drafts? Eric berry, Tony M, Mccluster who did a fine job today, Arenas who gave us field postion on a number of returns and plays on the d, Justin Houston a rookie who is doing ok so far but hes a rookie, Baldwin can't say he hasn't played yet. Look i agree that Jackson wasnt a good pick. EVERY gm will pick a bust. But Lets not pretend our drafts have been horrible. We have got some good young players. That will get better with time. You make it sound like Pioli has been year for years and years. This is year 3. He came in a took over 2-14 team. This team is FAR better then what it was in 08.

Couldn't agree more. We certainly have some good young players that will only get better. When you lose three impact players, Berry, Moeaki, Charles to season ending injuries it's going to affect a team. I trust Pioli and think he has made good moves and made this team better. Is Haley a good coach? We'll certainly find out this season. Good coaches will fight through adversity and shine. It looks like this season is going to be a struggle for the Chiefs. Can Haley pull this team together and make them competitive? One of my biggest concerns is Cassell. I have yet to see him make a clutch play with the game on the line and it makes me wonder if he has that characteristic in him. :chiefs:

chiefsrule
09-25-2011, 11:14 PM

This team is far better than 08? We will see but I am not so sure. Just because players are young doesn't translate into they will be good either, that seems to be a common mistake with many. They assume they will get better. So you named about one player a year we have drafted that might be good most of them actually came in 2010. I honestly don't see a 160 lb running back hold up in the NFL either....yes I can see the current stats but long term it is just stupid. As far as Baldwin he didn't want to listen to coaches in preseason much like college and he was as advertised...A DIVA.

Yes you can point out our fluke year last year and like I said if we were that good it should carry over into this year. RIGHT? If McCluster is as good as you say then you can't use J. Charles getting hurt as an excuse then. Berry wouldn't have made a difference in the first two games but I am sure this will be the excuse at the end of the year for our bad season. That is all this team has been for about 5 years now is an excuse. When you lose excuses are used. Rebuilding is an excuse to lose. Anyhow Fact is we were not that good last year, we did nothing to improve this year and are not getting anywhere. You must like mediocrity. I sure don't. I have found a board where members are more realistic and don't have sugar plums dancing around in their heads. LOL. Kind of nice to talk to people who see things for what they are. :)

matthewschiefs
09-25-2011, 11:58 PM
This team is far better than 08? We will see but I am not so sure. Just because players are young doesn't translate into they will be good either, that seems to be a common mistake with many. They assume they will get better. So you named about one player a year we have drafted that might be good most of them actually came in 2010. I honestly don't see a 160 lb running back hold up in the NFL either....yes I can see the current stats but long term it is just stupid. As far as Baldwin he didn't want to listen to coaches in preseason much like college and he was as advertised...A DIVA.

Yes you can point out our fluke year last year and like I said if we were that good it should carry over into this year. RIGHT? If McCluster is as good as you say then you can't use J. Charles getting hurt as an excuse then. Berry wouldn't have made a difference in the first two games but I am sure this will be the excuse at the end of the year for our bad season. That is all this team has been for about 5 years now is an excuse. When you lose excuses are used. Rebuilding is an excuse to lose. Anyhow Fact is we were not that good last year, we did nothing to improve this year and are not getting anywhere. You must like mediocrity. I sure don't. I have found a board where members are more realistic and don't have sugar plums dancing around in their heads. LOL. Kind of nice to talk to people who see things for what they are. :)

5 years this team has been rebuilding is true BUT you act like Pioli has been here for that long. This is year 3 with him. FORGET what happend before that. HE CAN'T Be held accountable to what Herm and Carl did. It's just how it is.

Eric Berry went to the pro bowl last year. Tony M set the Chiefs rookie record for a te last year. A record over the best te of all time Tony G. Mccluster might not be able to hold up long term. But that's not what he was brought in to do. It's just what we fell into this year. We did not Plan for Charles to go down. He did. Next guy has to step in. For us thats inpart Mccluseter. Who again did a good job. And has had moments. He's only in his 2nd year. Houston is starting for us as a rookie. There are a number of picks from the last couple of years that are doing a fairly nice job for us. All you can do is bring up Tyson Jackson. Baldwin got in a fight that's not all his fault. Thomas Jones shares in the blame. He has not been able to play yet. When he does he might be a bust or he might be able to help this team. We won't know until he plays. You can't say he was a horrible pick just yet.

I don't like mediocrity at all. But you need to learn to show a little patience with the younger players. If all gms were like you Peyton manning would have been ran out of the NFL after his rookie year. I don't call what he has done mediocrity. Tyson Jackson I will grant you has not panned out. But that doesn't mean the others won't.

AussieChiefsFan
09-26-2011, 04:07 AM

This statement makes me want to shoot myself.

chiefsrule
10-01-2011, 08:07 AM
5 years this team has been rebuilding is true BUT you act like Pioli has been here for that long. This is year 3 with him. FORGET what happend before that. HE CAN'T Be held accountable to what Herm and Carl did. It's just how it is.

Eric Berry went to the pro bowl last year. Tony M set the Chiefs rookie record for a te last year. A record over the best te of all time Tony G. Mccluster might not be able to hold up long term. But that's not what he was brought in to do. It's just what we fell into this year. We did not Plan for Charles to go down. He did. Next guy has to step in. For us thats inpart Mccluseter. Who again did a good job. And has had moments. He's only in his 2nd year. Houston is starting for us as a rookie. There are a number of picks from the last couple of years that are doing a fairly nice job for us. All you can do is bring up Tyson Jackson. Baldwin got in a fight that's not all his fault. Thomas Jones shares in the blame. He has not been able to play yet. When he does he might be a bust or he might be able to help this team. We won't know until he plays. You can't say he was a horrible pick just yet.

I don't like mediocrity at all. But you need to learn to show a little patience with the younger players. If all gms were like you Peyton manning would have been ran out of the NFL after his rookie year. I don't call what he has done mediocrity. Tyson Jackson I will grant you has not panned out. But that doesn't mean the others won't.

Ok so Pioli is in his 3rd year and how is the team looking? He was claimed to be a great talent evaluator so what happened on the Tyson Jackson pick? Baldwin? Moeaki was known to be injury prone when drafted how is he looking this year? If McCluster is so good why don't we give it to him 20+ times a game? 160 lb RB in the NFL? LOL! Seems like Herm/Peterson drafted better than Pioli/Haley. Charles, Carr, Flowers, Bowe, Hali, Dorsey. Not saying Herm was a good coach but a better talent evaluator than Pioli obviously. I do agree that Pioli is probably here to stay, Clark would lose millions firing him and hiring someone else at this point. And as we can see Clark likes to save as much money as possible. :)

matthewschiefs
10-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Ok so Pioli is in his 3rd year and how is the team looking? He was claimed to be a great talent evaluator so what happened on the Tyson Jackson pick? Baldwin? Moeaki was known to be injury prone when drafted how is he looking this year? If McCluster is so good why don't we give it to him 20+ times a game? 160 lb RB in the NFL? LOL! Seems like Herm/Peterson drafted better than Pioli/Haley. Charles, Carr, Flowers, Bowe, Hali, Dorsey. Not saying Herm was a good coach but a better talent evaluator than Pioli obviously. I do agree that Pioli is probably here to stay, Clark would lose millions firing him and hiring someone else at this point. And as we can see Clark likes to save as much money as possible. :)

Moeaki set a rookie record for the chiefs for a rookie record for the Chiefs in catches. That includes Tony G. Yes he got hurt. But It will take more then one injury before I say he can't stand up and play in the NFL. Mccluster probley can't stand up to 20 touches a game. But that's NOT what he was drafted to do. That's something that came up AFTER Charles went down. No gm sits there on draft day saying we are going to have 3 acl tears in 3 weeks so i better get this guy. Baldwin has not even seen the field in a real game. Yes that's part his fault but when one has not seen the field you can't really say there a bust.

chief31
10-01-2011, 01:31 PM

Three games in which he has not yet been cleared to play is a measuring tool for a draft pick's value?

FAIL again.

Moeaki broke The Chiefs' record for receptions last year, and was a late third round pick.

So far, Moeaki gets chalked up as a decent choice.

Jackson is all you have. And even that is still arguable.

McCluster, Berry, Arenas, Asamoah, Moeaki, K. Lewis, all count to the positive side at this point, and the entire 2011 draft stays on the "IT's BEEN THREE GAMES!!!" list.

Four to seven seasons is plenty of time for a player to prove himself.

Three games, to two seasons is a whole lot less, now isn't it?

While I actually suspect that Pioli is not some amazing judge of college talent, it is far to soon to try and say that anything he has done here proves it.

chiefsrule
10-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Three games in which he has not yet been cleared to play is a measuring tool for a draft pick's value?

FAIL again.

Moeaki broke The Chiefs' record for receptions last year, and was a late third round pick.

So far, Moeaki gets chalked up as a decent choice.

Jackson is all you have. And even that is still arguable.

McCluster, Berry, Arenas, Asamoah, Moeaki, K. Lewis, all count to the positive side at this point, and the entire 2011 draft stays on the "IT's BEEN THREE GAMES!!!" list.

Four to seven seasons is plenty of time for a player to prove himself.

Three games, to two seasons is a whole lot less, now isn't it?

While I actually suspect that Pioli is not some amazing judge of college talent, it is far to soon to try and say that anything he has done here proves it.

Baldwin has not played but showed in preseason he isn't going to listen to coaches or veteran players. You don't need 7 years to realize that. You also should realize you say a player gets up to 7 years to prove himself???? His career will be coming to a close at that point. LOL. And if a player hasn't done anything in 4 years why would he still be on the team?

You are right Moeaki is broke much like he was in college. Doesn't matter how good you are if you can't stay on the field you don't help the team. He couldn't stay on the field in college either.

FAIL

McCluster won't be in the NFL in 5 more years. Book it! Asamoah got thrown in the starting lineup other than that what has he done? It is the young and he will get better thing right? :) Berry is the only one you mentioned that looks to be a good player in the future.

chief31
10-02-2011, 12:15 PM
You also should realize you say a player gets up to 7 years to prove himself????

Hmmm. Should I realize what you are telling me I said?

Or should you realize what I actually said, and what it meant?

I think dealing with what was actually said would be better than your mistaken translation.

What I said was that four to seven years is plenty of time for a draftee to show what he's got.

That does not mean that seven years is required. That is a basic failure to understand a very simple statement

Now, the important part.....

That 4-7 year window is the measure that you used to judge one group of players as good draft picks, while using three games as a measure for those you want to label as bad picks.

If you think that is reasonable, then it makes perfect sense for you to label players busts before they ever get to play.

Unfortunately it would also mean that you use zero logic in your assessments, which seems more and more obvious.

Baldwin has not played but showed in preseason he isn't going to listen to coaches or veteran players. You don't need 7 years to realize that.

This is proof that you refuse to use any form of intelligible thought.

It is a single incident, in which you have no clue what happened. Yet you FEEL like this is proof that he is a bad football player.

I think you are using your emotions to do the work that your intellect is supposed to be doing, and you don't even know it.

His career will be coming to a close at that point. LOL. And if a player hasn't done anything in 4 years why would he still be on the team?

You are right Moeaki is broke much like he was in college. Doesn't matter how good you are if you can't stay on the field you don't help the team. He couldn't stay on the field in college either.

FAIL

McCluster won't be in the NFL in 5 more years. Book it! Asamoah got thrown in the starting lineup other than that what has he done? It is the young and he will get better thing right? :) Berry is the only one you mentioned that looks to be a good player in the future.

All of those players look bad to you, and good to the rest of the world, because you are using your anti-Pioli emotions to judge them, so you can justify your spite for him, while everybody else is looking at each player, without attempting to find them as bad picks for any ulterior motive.

I mean, Eric Berry is going to miss just as many games with his injury, as Moeaki is, with his, and yet you use Moeaki's injury as a chance to label him a bad pick (Late 3rd round) and the early first round pick of Berry is still a good one?

That is a complete perversion of common sense. Just as trying to label a player a bust prior to ever playing a game is.

My guess is that you will live in horrendous misery when Pioli's team begins to win regularly.

I think you will continue to make every excuse for each win, and gloating over every single loss you can find.

But, since I want The Chiefs to succeed, I find my self unable to hope that The Chiefs will fall apart for you, no matter how sorry I may feel for you.

chiefsrule
10-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Hmmm. Should I realize what you are telling me I said?

Or should you realize what I actually said, and what it meant?

I think dealing with what was actually said would be better than your mistaken translation.

What I said was that four to seven years is plenty of time for a draftee to show what he's got.

That does not mean that seven years is required. That is a basic failure to understand a very simple statement

Now, the important part.....

That 4-7 year window is the measure that you used to judge one group of players as good draft picks, while using three games as a measure for those you want to label as bad picks.

If you think that is reasonable, then it makes perfect sense for you to label players busts before they ever get to play.

Unfortunately it would also mean that you use zero logic in your assessments, which seems more and more obvious.

This is proof that you refuse to use any form of intelligible thought.

It is a single incident, in which you have no clue what happened. Yet you FEEL like this is proof that he is a bad football player.

I think you are using your emotions to do the work that your intellect is supposed to be doing, and you don't even know it.

All of those players look bad to you, and good to the rest of the world, because you are using your anti-Pioli emotions to judge them, so you can justify your spite for him, while everybody else is looking at each player, without attempting to find them as bad picks for any ulterior motive.

I mean, Eric Berry is going to miss just as many games with his injury, as Moeaki is, with his, and yet you use Moeaki's injury as a chance to label him a bad pick (Late 3rd round) and the early first round pick of Berry is still a good one?

That is a complete perversion of common sense. Just as trying to label a player a bust prior to ever playing a game is.

My guess is that you will live in horrendous misery when Pioli's team begins to win regularly.

I think you will continue to make every excuse for each win, and gloating over every single loss you can find.

But, since I want The Chiefs to succeed, I find my self unable to hope that The Chiefs will fall apart for you, no matter how sorry I may feel for you.

Well if you want to give a player 4-7 years let's bring back Ryan Sims. I understand your insane thoughts quite well....ITS ABSURD! No what is really going on is you wear rose colored glasses and wherever Pioli poops roses will grow. You were one that thought the Chiefs were up and coming and so how is the Chiefs looking now in the last regular season game of last year the playoff game last year the preseason and the first three games this year? How are they looking? FACT I was right that they would be worse and all you had to go with was we won the AFC West and are young therefore we will only get better. I like the way you dream and have NO CLUE about reality and what is really happening. Seems like most on this board really don't get in touch with reality. I like it I found a board with more members and see things for what they are. They see what is really going. You keep on dancing around your Chiefs campfire and thinking the Chiefs are going in the right direction. OK? LMAO!!!!

chief31
10-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Well if you want to give a player 4-7 years let's bring back Ryan Sims. I understand your insane thoughts quite well....ITS ABSURD! No what is really going on is you wear rose colored glasses and wherever Pioli poops roses will grow. You were one that thought the Chiefs were up and coming and so how is the Chiefs looking now in the last regular season game of last year the playoff game last year the preseason and the first three games this year? How are they looking? FACT I was right that they would be worse and all you had to go with was we won the AFC West and are young therefore we will only get better. I like the way you dream and have NO CLUE about reality and what is really happening. Seems like most on this board really don't get in touch with reality. I like it I found a board with more members and see things for what they are. They see what is really going. You keep on dancing around your Chiefs campfire and thinking the Chiefs are going in the right direction. OK? LMAO!!!!

Really? You have me all figured out, don't you?

I'm the "rose-colored glasses guy?

I defend everything Pioli does?

When you were "run off this board", as you say, do you remember who the only person was that would agree with you?

That was me.

You are dealing in extremes. 0 games is not enough time to evaluate a player's talent.

Yet you present it as an even look to the guys with four years plus.

Oh. But you were right that we would do worse, and my 5-11 prediction says I drink the kool-aid?

As usual, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Figure out who you are labelling, then come back and try again.

Because you have failed in every single aspect of this discussion.

But first, figure out what the difference between three games and four plus seasons is, when evaluating a player.

chiefsrule
10-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Really? You have me all figured out, don't you?

I'm the "rose-colored glasses guy?

I defend everything Pioli does?

When you were "run off this board", as you say, do you remember who the only person was that would agree with you?

That was me.

You are dealing in extremes. 0 games is not enough time to evaluate a player's talent.

Yet you present it as an even look to the guys with four years plus.

Oh. But you were right that we would do worse, and my 5-11 prediction says I drink the kool-aid?

As usual, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Figure out who you are labelling, then come back and try again.

Because you have failed in every single aspect of this discussion.

But first, figure out what the difference between three games and four plus seasons is, when evaluating a player.

o games? So what we saw in preseason doesn't count? His attitude showed a lot. McCluster is looking really good isn't he? Did you need 4 years to see if Ryan Sims was going to be any good or not? And Tyson Jackson you need what another 5 more years then? LMAO! McCluster and Tyson Jackson will be out in the NFL in 5 years. So you defend the picks saying they will help the Chiefs but then say the Chiefs will do bad? Hmmm. I hate to tell you this but Detroit and Buffalo have passed us by.

Now about your kindergarten talk. Lets see if I can translate this. "You are so stupid" You don't have a brain in your head" "Are you mentally retarded" "You are clueless" "Your mother wears army boots". Is that what you are trying to say???

chief31
10-02-2011, 02:08 PM
o games? So what we saw in preseason doesn't count? His attitude showed a lot. McCluster is looking really good isn't he? Did you need 4 years to see if Ryan Sims was going to be any good or not? And Tyson Jackson you need what another 5 more years then? LMAO! McCluster and Tyson Jackson will be out in the NFL in 5 years. So you defend the picks saying they will help the Chiefs but then say the Chiefs will do bad? Hmmm. I hate to tell you this but Detroit and Buffalo have passed us by.

Now about your kindergarten talk. Lets see if I can translate this. "You are so stupid" You don't have a brain in your head" "Are you mentally retarded" "You are clueless" "Your mother wears army boots". Is that what you are trying to say???

Hey. Even if you think a first round pick's first preseason is enough to evaluate his career, it is ridiculous to suggest that it is an equal comparison to players with several years of playing.

But you have to admit that you have no clue what you are talking about, when you label the only guy who agreed with you, on anything, as being blinded by "rose-colored glasses", especially when that person predicted 5-11.

And, since you know that you are spouting off nonsense, why would you continue without educating yourself?

I have plenty of reservations about Pioli, as well as Haley, Cassel, and several others on this team.

The problem is not that I see things from one side, and refuse to see anything negative.

The problem is that you see things, strictly from one side, and refuse to see anything positive from those who you think are bad.

chiefsrule
10-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Hey. Even if you think a first round pick's first preseason is enough to evaluate his career, it is ridiculous to suggest that it is an equal comparison to players with several years of playing.

But you have to admit that you have no clue what you are talking about, when you label the only guy who agreed with you, on anything, as being blinded by "rose-colored glasses", especially when that person predicted 5-11.

And, since you know that you are spouting off nonsense, why would you continue without educating yourself?

I have plenty of reservations about Pioli, as well as Haley, Cassel, and several others on this team.

The problem is not that I see things from one side, and refuse to see anything negative.

The problem is that you see things, strictly from one side, and refuse to see anything positive from those who you think are bad.

You were the only guy that agreed with me? You defended me? Wow if this is called agreeing with me and defending me then I would hate to see what you would be like if you were against me. No clue huh? Brain dead? My mother wears army boots? Uneducated hick? Anything else you would like to throw my way since you are being the mature one here? LMAO!

chief31
10-02-2011, 07:07 PM
You were the only guy that agreed with me? You defended me? Wow if this is called agreeing with me and defending me then I would hate to see what you would be like if you were against me. No clue huh? Brain dead? My mother wears army boots? Uneducated hick? Anything else you would like to throw my way since you are being the mature one here? LMAO!

Awww... The terrible name-calling that you invent.

You poor little thing.

Seriously. You said I am the "rose-colored glasses" guy.

You don't even realize how wrong you are, because all you can do is declare yourself so right.

But, since you have abandoned every point you were trying to make, to act like the victim, I will assume that you agree that evaluating a player on one preseason is unequal to evaluating a player after four years, or more.

Eventually some logic would have to find it's way through.

chiefsrule
10-02-2011, 07:15 PM

You poor little thing.

You don't even realize how wrong you are, because all you can do is declare yourself so right.

But, since you have abandoned every point you were trying to make, to act like the victim, I will assume that you agree that evaluating a player on one preseason is unequal to evaluating a player after four years, or more.

I wonder how scouts determine if a player is any good or not and where to draft them when they don't play an NFL game??? Any comment on that? Baldwin was labeled as a diva and didn't like to be coached. Do you not see that same trend????? Tyson Jackson is a bust. If you want to give him 4 more years and millions of more dollars to find out....go ahead. LMAO

chiefsrule
10-02-2011, 07:21 PM

You poor little thing.

BTW rose colored glasses means you are blinded by your love for the team. That isn't like saying you are clueless, non intellectual and some of the immature crap you have been throwing around. I can tell by your comments you are a very young adult so it doesn't surprise me. Have a nice day. I am done with this conversation as you don't want to talk like an adult.

chief31
10-02-2011, 07:24 PM
I wonder how scouts determine if a player is any good or not and where to draft them when they don't play an NFL game??? Any comment on that? Baldwin was labeled as a diva and didn't like to be coached. Do you not see that same trend????? Tyson Jackson is a bust. If you want to give him 4 more years and millions of more dollars to find out....go ahead. LMAO

OH SNAP!!!! I didn't realize you were an NFL scout.

Then you already know that NFL scouts make major mistakes in their judgments, as a result of not seeing the players at The NFL level.

So, again....

Is one preseason (Nevermind the whole college career) an equal sample to four years, or more, of actual NFL experience?

I never thought that an NFL scout would need to be asked this simple a question.

But hey, NFL scouts are hard to come by, so I better find out.

chief31
10-02-2011, 07:34 PM
BTW rose colored glasses means you are blinded by your love for the team. That isn't like saying you are clueless, non intellectual and some of the immature crap you have been throwing around. I can tell by your comments you are a very young adult so it doesn't surprise me. Have a nice day. I am done with this conversation as you don't want to talk like an adult.

Well, better than conceding to plain simple logic, isn't it?

The fact is that judging a player based on one preseason, against a player being judged on several seasons as a professional, is a completely uneven playing field.

And, if were some young kid, then I would still know that.

And the reason labeling me as the "rose-colored glasses" guy is silly, is because I am the poster boy for defending the unfavorable opinions on this site, for several years.

But, I don't agree with every word anybody here says, positive, or otherwise. Ask around.

And you are way over to the negative, and using false measures to emphasize your negative views.

But yeah, just run away crying about being mistreated. That would make twice, right?

matthewschiefs
10-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Well, better than conceding to plain simple logic, isn't it?

The fact is that judging a player based on one preseason, against a player being judged on several seasons as a professional, is a completely uneven playing field.

And, if were some young kid, then I would still know that.

And the reason labeling me as the "rose-colored glasses" guy is silly, is because I am the poster boy for defending the unfavorable opinions on this site, for several years.

But, I don't agree with every word anybody here says, positive, or otherwise. Ask around.

And you are way over to the negative, and using false measures to emphasize your negative views.

But yeah, just run away crying about being mistreated. That would make twice, right?

WHAT people disagree with you. I find this SHOCKING :efpge: :sign0104: :lol:

chief31
10-02-2011, 07:43 PM

It's pretty rare. :lol:

Chiefster
10-03-2011, 03:11 AM

It's pretty rare. :lol:

Well no one disagrees with me and I find this disturbing...Come on, someone disagree with me! :meow:

azchiefsfan
10-03-2011, 05:22 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again; this is a fan web site, not a pure analysis site. So it would make sense that we would see the bright side of things. If a person isn't willing to look at things that way, then they will be one of those folks that start rooting for whoever is hot at the time. My wife has been a fudge Packer fan since we got married and it was hard to find another fudge Packer fan for a long time. Now they are everywhere. Same with New Orleans and New England.

TopekaRoy
10-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Well no one disagrees with me and I find this disturbing...Come on, someone disagree with me! :meow:
I agree. It is disturbing! :lol:

matthewschiefs
10-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Don't worry chiefs rule, according to chiefs crowd fans every pick we have had in the past 3 drafts has been pro bowl or near pro bowl material! Tyson Jackson guy is a monster, brian orakpo? BJ raji? Who needs em?! Baldwin is a sure future hall of famer despite being probably the dumbest player in the nfl if you have ever read an interview, but chiefs crowd wants to give him atleast 10 years to see if hes legit, same with jackson. We just need to give them more time!

We also have the mentality to build through the draft which is why we brought in a free agent "franchise" quarterback and paid him 12 million dollars a year while we brought in coaches who have never even worked with the guy! He does make more than aaron rodgers, philip rivers, eli manning and he's worth every penny.

Let's not select the best prospect anyone has seen since john elway, oh im sure we will hear about how many "busts" there have been, but what does luck have to do with them? Hes his own player.

This 20 year plan is on track alright, just look at us go!

15-21 under pioli but the best is yet to come!

It's post like this why you and Chiefsrule get the reaction to your comments that you get.

NO ONE ever said that every pick has been a pro bowl pick. Myself and others have said that Tyson Jackson has not worked out so far. What we are saying is that young players take time to get use to the NFL. The common rule is that you grade a draft after 3 years. You are declareing A guy who was drafted this year a bust when he has not even seen the field. Yes that's partly his fault but not 100% his fault. He can still help this team. But to declare him a bust is just wrong.

15-21 is not good. But it IS an Improvement from 6-26.And a big time Improvement at that. You don't go from 6-26 to superbowl champs overnight. Something that Pioli and Haley said often in 09. They said over and over again that Rome was not built in a day.

Oh an this team has the SAME record as a team who did go get high price free agents. The eagles were getting called a dream team. But we are in the SAME spot. SO going out getting all the high price big names DOESN'T mean you just go win games.

chief31
10-04-2011, 03:18 PM
I think you have dementia, you are excited about the way this team has developed and happy with the direction they are going yet you picked them to go 5-11 before the season started.

????????????????????????????????

You realize that Matthew is not me, right? I predicted 5-11.

How about you tell us all you know about dementia........

Canada
10-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Don't worry chiefs rule, according to chiefs crowd fans every pick we have had in the past 3 drafts has been pro bowl or near pro bowl material! Tyson Jackson guy is a monster, brian orakpo? BJ raji? Who needs em?! Baldwin is a sure future hall of famer despite being probably the dumbest player in the nfl if you have ever read an interview, but chiefs crowd wants to give him atleast 10 years to see if hes legit, same with jackson. We just need to give them more time!

We also have the mentality to build through the draft which is why we brought in a free agent "franchise" quarterback and paid him 12 million dollars a year while we brought in coaches who have never even worked with the guy! He does make more than aaron rodgers, philip rivers, eli manning and he's worth every penny.

Let's not select the best prospect anyone has seen since john elway, oh im sure we will hear about how many "busts" there have been, but what does luck have to do with them? Hes his own player.

This 20 year plan is on track alright, just look at us go!

15-21 under pioli but the best is yet to come!Finally these dumbsh!ts have figured it out!!

If you have Chiefs Crowd so much, then leave. No one will miss you. Or does the mentality of tanking a season not fly on other sites either. Everyone here would love to have luck, you however are one of the few that would be willing to trade the class and respect for him by tanking the season.

And FYI, Luck does not have to come out next season. Im sure he would take a pass on a team that tanked a season intentionally. But Im sure you had that all figured out too right.

matthewschiefs
10-04-2011, 04:02 PM
I think you have dementia, you are excited about the way this team has developed and happy with the direction they are going yet you picked them to go 5-11 before the season started.

????????????????????????????????

Yeah I didn't really make a prediction record wise on what we would be able to do.

The point that you keep missing is this team is progressing from where they were before pioli and company came in. After the 08 season this was a 2-14 football team. In year one the wins went to 4 that's progress. You don't go from 2-14 to superbowl just like that. It DOESN'T happen. This team is makeing progress. You make excuse for why the team wins all you want. But we played a few bad teams in 08 as well AND STILL LOST.

You claim to be a realist. YOUR NOT. A realist knows that when your win toatal keeps growing your not going backwards. Since Piloi has been in KC the win toatal has gone up. Will it this year stay tuned. If we go 8-8 this year would that be so bad. All the injuries that ended key players seasons so early. You will say that is an excuse but if this team beats the colts you will bring up manning. I already know that.

The reason that the reaction to you is so bad is that on a week the CHIEFS WON you can't give them one bit of credit. Instead of saying good job chiefs keep it up you again say this was a fluke win because the oppent was bad. Those of us who react to you have said that the start of the season was HORRIBLE. Why is it so hard for you to give them credit if your a real Chiefs fan? :ninerssuck:

chief31
10-04-2011, 05:24 PM
And tell me again why you think we are headed in the right direction when your season prediction was 5-11?

Read back.

Also, how about you explain all about dementia, while you try to figure out who you are talking to.

Canada
10-04-2011, 05:57 PM
This just proves you are not a true chiefs fan, im sure you will be happy with draft picks like tyson jackson and johnny baldwin for years to come!How does this prove im not a Chiefs fan? Cause I dont want to tank a season? Cause Im not a classless whiner like someone who claims to be a Chiefs fan but is most likely a lonely little boy in his mommys basement who will take any attention he can get?? Fact...Luck will not go to any team that tanks the season. If you are too stupid to understand that then feel free to have someone read and explain it to you.

Canada
10-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Finally these dumbsh!ts have figured it out!!

If you have Chiefs Crowd so much, then leave. No one will miss you. Or does the mentality of tanking a season not fly on other sites either. Everyone here would love to have luck, you however are one of the few that would be willing to trade the class and respect for him by tanking the season.

And FYI, Luck does not have to come out next season. Im sure he would take a pass on a team that tanked a season intentionally. But Im sure you had that all figured out too right.

This just proves you are not a true chiefs fan, im sure you will be happy with draft picks like tyson jackson and johnny baldwin for years to come!

Explain

OPLookn
10-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Explain

It should be obvious, you living in Canada, driving to Chiefs games that are close by, coming all the way down to KC, spending tons of money all in support of the Chiefs, painting your face and screaming your head off at the games... It's very apparent that you're not a fan!

By the way, made it up to Toronto on a day trip this last Sunday, if Toronto is any indication of the rest of Canada then color me impressed.

:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
10-04-2011, 06:21 PM
It should be obvious, you living in Canada, driving to Chiefs games that are close by, coming all the way down to KC, spending tons of money all in support of the Chiefs, painting your face and screaming your head off at the games... It's very apparent that you're not a fan!

By the way, made it up to Toronto on a day trip this last Sunday, if Toronto is any indication of the rest of Canada then color me impressed.

:bananen_smilies046:Thanks man!! :bananen_smilies046:

Glad you had a good time in Toronto. Honestly though, I hate that city. Too many people. Look me up next time u r around, we can go for a beer or 10!! :bananen_smilies046:

matthewschiefs
10-04-2011, 06:50 PM
This just proves you are not a true chiefs fan, im sure you will be happy with draft picks like tyson jackson and johnny baldwin for years to come!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The one that can say NOTHING good about the chiefs saying someone eles is not a Chiefs fan that's funny.

chief31
10-04-2011, 06:52 PM
So.... The message seems to be "if you don't root against The Chiefs, then.....you are not a Chiefs fan?"

Maybe I am assuming something here. Is that what the message is?

matthewschiefs
10-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Well when this season is all said and done and the chiefs are looking at a horrible record with horrible numbers from cassel, I am talking end of the season here so dont get a boner if cassel puts up above average numbers at indy.

We have seen in the past what happens to this team when they play solid to good teams. Most of the time they get demolished and cassel puts up horrible numbers.
I'm sorry, those are just the facts

Heres the problem with your Argument You state how you think the season will go as FACT. It's not. Matt Cassel has not put up 16 horrible games. He's put 2 bad games and 1 good game up. THe rest is wait and see. And if he does go out and puts up good numbers against the colts then I will NOT ignore that. You CAN'T if you are truly a realist like you claim. The fact is there are some good things that have happend in KC. YOU CAN'T ignore that and be a realist.

matthewschiefs
10-04-2011, 07:05 PM
So.... The message seems to be "if you don't root against The Chiefs, then.....you are not a Chiefs fan?"

Maybe I am assuming something here. Is that what the message is?

Don't forget every win is a fluke and only the losses count. LOOK I AM A REALIST NOW :D

chief31
10-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Ya know, I agree that we benefited from an easy schedule in 2010.

Those who are not new here know that.

My big difference from the new over-the-top bashers here is the severity of that opinion.

Not only do some of you think that The Chiefs are less than a top-notch division champion, but you take it to the far extreme, and demand that The Chiefs are just the worst team ever.

Aside from that, it is also the pure certainty that you feel.

I mean, you people are just so positive that The Chiefs are the worst team there is.

How?

They won ten games in 2010. Some of them, very convincingly. How do you come to the conclusion that this team is that much worse than all ten of those teams?

Baldwin is a bust, before ever getting into a real NFL game?

You should step back and take a look at your opinions. You don't think that you overly confident? You don't think that you are exceptionally harsh?

I get being emotional about it. But this is four weeks deep, and two weeks removed from the horrible first two games.

Cassel is not just not as good as you want, but horrible?

After going to the Pro-Bowl last year?

When you have such an extreme message, (From yourself, you are not some messenger for someone else) expect to have an extreme reaction.

Canada
10-04-2011, 08:17 PM
I dont mean to come on here and sound like an A$$, Really....coulda fooled me

chief31
10-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Ok listen,

Enough about the cassel pro bowl crap. He was VERY CONSERVATIVE with the ball and made good red zone decisions. He was never in charge of that offense, the running game was. There is a reason we have been very conservative with running the football and this is including last year with weiss is because thtey know what cassel can do better than anyone. They know what his limits are. He isnt a shotgun qb like the other elite qb's are. Ok? That is why we saw such conservative playcalling last year. Run run run. And when teams stopped the run, we couldnt move the ball. look at when we played oak, balt, any .500 or better team. Lok at cassel's stats. Not the seahawks, not the texans who had the worst secondary in the league last year, not the cardinals. Ok?

The big problem with your theory is that Cassel was exactly what you are telling he can't be in 2008.

And no. Not just any old schmuck could have done that with that team.

The following season, Tom Brady didn't get as many wins as Cassel did prior. (Did get more yards though.)

The two primary reasons why The Chiefs have been so conservative on offense are the rise of our running game in 2010. If you can run it, then run it. And the lack of pass protection.

They brought Cassel here because of what they saw him do In New England. They know he can pass the ball.

Now, I do not think they are the worst, if i said that then i was clearly exaggerating, i realy dont know if i said that or not. What I did say is that we are going to finally play a legit schedule this year witih good teams, and just like last year we continue to lose to .500 or better (buff, det,sd so far) I am fully aware that our division plays the same non conference opponents we do, but lets face it, it was a fluke. We beat one team that had a .500 record which was the sd at 9-7 which they completely dominated us in yardage that game. Do I think we are worse than seattle? No. I believe we are better than any nfc west team, but trust me that isnt saying much.

I appreciate you finally coming back down to Earth a little bit.

But I can't help but notice yet another anti-Chiefs "fact" that is incorrect.

The Chiefs man-handled The Jaguars (8-8) in 2010.

And, since The Seahawks managed to beat The Saints in the playoffs, I would have to think you would be happy to consider them a decent team. Afterall, had they beaten us, they would have been a .500 team.

Do I think pioli has them in the right direction? No, I think we are seeing the draft picks that Herm although not a great coach drafted and have really been the marquee players for us and impacted us the most. Tamba Hali, Jamal Charles, DJ has played pretty well, bowe is always a monster and flowers is a solid corner. Those are the players that have won us ball games. I respect that you think we are better from 08 or whatever it was, which is true, but its the picks that herm selected not pioli.

While I don't disagree with the statement about Herm's picks, last season, Pioli had one bunch of rookies, and a single draft with one year's experience.

Of course the existing players put fourth the bulk of the work. But you discredit Moeaki and Berry, as well as some significant contributions by a few others.

When you have two top 5 picks in consecutive years, followed by 2 second round picks you better be picking some instant impact players. Jackson is a bust ok?

No. I mean, this is really your fairest argument. But it is still not a good idea to write the kid off.

He had a big game last week. How much yardage did Adrian Peterson have again?

3-4 DE is not a position that gets stats. He clogged his side of the line all day.

Last season he dealt with an injury, and has not really played, but two seasons.

If he isn't cutting it by the second half of this season, then I will lean more that direction.

Cassel is not the quarterback to help us win atleast a playoff game. And honestly, please go read an interview with baldwin, guy is a basket case. I should not call him a bust, but I cant imagine him "getting it" any time soon. I will give pioli credit for berry, unfortunately in the last 3 years that is all we have seen that has been productive in the pioli era.

Maybe I am right maybe I am wrong, I dont mean to come on here and sound like an A$$, its just the way i feel

Good to see you aleviate some of the extremism.

I think your opinions are still too extreme for me to agree with them.

But Nice to see you acknowledge that you might have been exaggerating a bit.

chief31
10-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Chief 31,

I want you to watch tyson jackson next game, well its indy they have always been a pass first team so that may be a bad example. But watch him, especially against rushing teams, he gets manhandled. I am not making this up sir, I will repeat it again, manhandled. If he was an *** kicking fool i wouldnt even bring him up, do i bring up berry? Never! Remember when he batted that ball on the vikings last drive? He was getting pushed back so far off the los it was painful to watch. I really want you to watch him for the rest of the year. Your eyes wont deceive you.

We are 26th against the run in ypg and he has 5 tackles on the year with only 2 sacks in the past 2 1/4 seasons.

I want you to watch the last game again, and watch him.

Watch his side of the line clog up every time Adrian Peterson tries to run that way.

As for the batted ball play, he is not there to get pressure. Sacks are not supposed to happen for him, and tackles will come real rare too.

He was being pushed back once he leaped into the air, as physics dictates.

He did his job, and he made a play on the ball.

As for thowing season numbers in, it is taking advantage of the well known fact that this entire team was ill-prepared to start the season. I don't keep Tyson Jackson protected from blame, same as anybody else.

But you tell me......

What rushing teams have we faced this year?

The Vikings?

I despised drafting him where we did. I thought it was a silly position to be selecting that high. Like taking an OC third overall. You just don't do it.

And I will never expect him to live up to that type of draft poisition. I don't think there is anything that he can do to change that.

And yes... I do still consider it a bad pick, by Pioli.

But Jackson can be a good 3-4 DE and minimize the severity of that "miss".

I think, in your desire to amplify what a bad idea that pick was, you refuse to see Jackson as anything other than a number three overall pick.

Look at it as drafting a Punter third, overall....

It will always have been a bad pick. But, just because it was a bad pick, does not mean that that player is a bad Punter.

I think you are hungry to have the pick look even worse, by having it be a bad Punter. But that is not actually the case yet.

There is no need to rush him into a trash heap. Who are you trying to start in his place?

OPLookn
10-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Chief 31,

I want you to watch tyson jackson next game, well its indy they have always been a pass first team so that may be a bad example. But watch him, especially against rushing teams, he gets manhandled. I am not making this up sir, I will repeat it again, manhandled. If he was an *** kicking fool i wouldnt even bring him up, do i bring up berry? Never! Remember when he batted that ball on the vikings last drive? He was getting pushed back so far off the los it was painful to watch. I really want you to watch him for the rest of the year. Your eyes wont deceive you.

We are 26th against the run in ypg and he has 5 tackles on the year with only 2 sacks in the past 2 1/4 seasons.

Again people jump on the TJ bashing train. You gave the answer to why he was being pushed back in the question. The guy had his hands up trying to knock a pass down in an obvious passing situation. Shocker that a guy with his hands up that has raised his center of gravity is being pushed back by someone lower and coming off the ball first. Who'd have thought?

Like Chief said, he's gotten better, he's made the line a mess on his side when they run to his side. Also as Chief said he's not there to get stats he's there to be a great big plug for the LB'ers. You continually bash on him, give him the rest of the year and if at the end of the year he's not doing a decent job (note I'm not saying tons of sacks) then yeah. I'll be more willing to call him a bust. But for cryin out loud it's his 3rd year and he was out most of last year. Can the guy get a chance?!?

Ryfo18
10-05-2011, 03:30 PM
I think it's worth noting that Profootballfocus has Tyson Jackson ranked as the 9th best run-stopping 3-4 DE (right below Brett Keisel), and so far he's been the best Chiefs D-lineman at run stopping. They have a cool stat called "stops" which is simply defined as: "Solo defensive tackles which constituted as an offensive failure." Tyson has 7 total, which is respectable through 4 games. It's safe to say that he is getting better at his position in his 3rd year.

OPLookn
10-05-2011, 03:44 PM
I get where you are coming from. A 3/4 de isnt known for getting pressure on the passer and really shouldnt of been that high of a draft pick which was number 3 overall. All I ask is that you watch him as the season continues, just watch him on defense. I have this whole year.

Well I think a good idea would of been to resign shuan smith. Guy improved our D line a TON.

Just watch him chief, the rest of the year, the remaining 12 games or so. Watch him and only him on D

When you're punchin guys in the gonads you're going to get some pressure on the QB. To answer your question, yes I liked the pressure he put on the QB, no I didn't like the way he did it. So no, I don't regret letting him go. There's not being an angel in football but then there's being a donkey...I mean classless.

chief31
10-05-2011, 06:04 PM
I get where you are coming from. A 3/4 de isnt known for getting pressure on the passer and really shouldnt of been that high of a draft pick which was number 3 overall. All I ask is that you watch him as the season continues, just watch him on defense. I have this whole year.

Well I think a good idea would of been to resign shuan smith. Guy improved our D line a TON.

Just watch him chief, the rest of the year, the remaining 12 games or so. Watch him and only him on D

As I understand it, Both he, and Ron Edwards, got away from them, more than they let them go.

Meaning that The Chiefs intended to sign them both back. But were too slow, as both men signed to other teams quickly.

I don't have a link, so the source is certainly questionable. But I do know that both men signed with other teams pretty quickly, once free agency started.

And I will watch Jackson. I always do. I DVR games and rewatch, specifically looking at o-line and d-line play.

I think Jackson was picked too high for his position. But I have yet to consider him worthy of release.

I have seen him have some really strong games/moments.

If you have the opportunity, you really should watch The Vikings game again, and note how the Vikings thought they could abuse him with the running game, as they continued to attempt it, but he, and the LBs behind him, played very tough, and The Vikings, despite 0-4, are absolutely a strong running team.

He has struggled at times, no question about it. But, if you are to be fair, you have to be able to give him credit when he does well. And he has done pretty well, the last two games. (Solid against SD)

matthewschiefs
10-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Ok listen,

Enough about the cassel pro bowl crap. He was VERY CONSERVATIVE with the ball and made good red zone decisions. He was never in charge of that offense, the running game was. There is a reason we have been very conservative with running the football and this is including last year with weiss is because thtey know what cassel can do better than anyone. They know what his limits are. He isnt a shotgun qb like the other elite qb's are. Ok? That is why we saw such conservative playcalling last year. Run run run. And when teams stopped the run, we couldnt move the ball. look at when we played oak, balt, any .500 or better team. Lok at cassel's stats. Not the seahawks, not the texans who had the worst secondary in the league last year, not the cardinals. Ok?

Now, I do not think they are the worst, if i said that then i was clearly exaggerating, i realy dont know if i said that or not. What I did say is that we are going to finally play a legit schedule this year witih good teams, and just like last year we continue to lose to .500 or better (buff, det,sd so far) I am fully aware that our division plays the same non conference opponents we do, but lets face it, it was a fluke. We beat one team that had a .500 record which was the sd at 9-7 which they completely dominated us in yardage that game. Do I think we are worse than seattle? No. I believe we are better than any nfc west team, but trust me that isnt saying much.

Do I think pioli has them in the right direction? No, I think we are seeing the draft picks that Herm although not a great coach drafted and have really been the marquee players for us and impacted us the most. Tamba Hali, Jamal Charles, DJ has played pretty well, bowe is always a monster and flowers is a solid corner. Those are the players that have won us ball games. I respect that you think we are better from 08 or whatever it was, which is true, but its the picks that herm selected not pioli. When you have two top 5 picks in consecutive years, followed by 2 second round picks you better be picking some instant impact players. Jackson is a bust ok? Cassel is not the quarterback to help us win atleast a playoff game. And honestly, please go read an interview with baldwin, guy is a basket case. I should not call him a bust, but I cant imagine him "getting it" any time soon. I will give pioli credit for berry, unfortunately in the last 3 years that is all we have seen that has been productive in the pioli era.

Maybe I am right maybe I am wrong, I dont mean to come on here and sound like an A$$, its just the way i feel

Just because a team has a strong running game does not mean the QB is bad. It just means you have some good runners like we did

IMO the biggest thing with qbs is are they turning the ball over and putting up points. Last season Matt Cassel didn't turn the ball over much only 7ints very respectable and threw for 27tds. Again very respectable. I know you brush that off as a fluke but I don't The other teams had NFL players on there team to. This year is NOT off to a good start. But last week he showed some life. Against a pretty good front line in the vikings. If he can build on that and grow from it every week then he can be a very good qb.

After week 3 i said this team needs a spark and said it might mean change at qb. Last Sunday Cassel showed me something and gave a spark. Can he keep it up we will see. But lets not pretend that Cassel is a weak qb because the running game was strong Cassel did pretty well even with a strong running game a year ago.

Connie Jo
10-05-2011, 07:42 PM

REP!

REP #2!

This statement makes me want to shoot myself.

It makes me want to shoot the messenger, with a water gun! LOL

Ya know as right as you may have been about the Chiefs at this point in the season I'm quite certain that no one forced you to leave just as no one is forcing you to come back or stay.

THIS!!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!
:chiefs:

Canada
10-18-2011, 08:46 AM
Bump...I miss those guys!!

Chiefster
10-18-2011, 05:09 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

josh1971
10-19-2011, 01:58 AM

Well, kctouchdown, at least, has come back to make us all feel warm and fuzzy with his love of the chiefs.

Every time I read the title to this thread, I can hear that sad violin music from "Young Frankenstein" in my head.