PDA

View Full Version : this division...

texaschief
10-01-2007, 07:23 PM
I had a feeling SD could have a tuff season, but i didn't expect this kind of start. i thought they would win the division, but now, at best i only see them in 2nd AT BEST!

The Broncos are NOT a good team AT ALL!!! They've lost 2 games and won 2 by last second field goals... Denver could be the talk of the season right now with an 0-4 start. Don't be shocked if you see Denver bringin up the rear in the AFC west this year.

The Chiefs are playing "Carl Peterson" football....which was something i was hoping wouldn't happen...but obviously, we're right back to playing somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7 football....mediocre once again...fantastic.

That leaves the Raiders...who had a top 10 defense last year but no offense to speak of. Enter Culpepper. It looks like they may have lost their RB for some time and the offense could take a huge hit. i don't know much about their backup RBs. I do know that i'm happy that their 4th round pick Bush isn't on the active roster. He was a steal in the draft and will be a force in this league. Don't be shocked to see Oakland win the division title.

The only thing i see that could help KC win the division is that we have a bunch of home games coming up. We didn't go 0-4 to start, so we're not out of it yet and arrowhead is a hard place to lose if you're a Chief. I think what will decide whether or not the Chiefs see the playoffs is going to be those last 4 games. The Chiefs have been awful on the road in December. We've only got 7 more home games and IF we win them all, that's only 9 wins. That means we're gonna have to win at least 1 or 2 more on the road late in the year... if the Chiefs can win in December on the road, the only person who can be credited is Herm because none of our previous 3 or 4 coaches have been able to do that.

hermhater
10-01-2007, 07:26 PM
One word: Bowe.

'nuff said

Pro_Angler
10-01-2007, 07:29 PM
It's really hard no matter what player's you have to dump all your coaches and expect much more then what they have gotten.
I really believe KC has a chance to finish 10-6ish.
I am really looking forward to the next 2 year's esp. the 2nd year with Brodie with a full year under his belt.

And these Charger fan's are whinning little beaches!
All they wanted to say today was "we lost it you didnt win anything" blah blah blah.. I hate living in san diego only becauace thier fan's are a-holes!!!!!!
Last year after the KC game here I got jumped 3 times walking to truck and I never even looked at anyone or said anything!

hermhater
10-01-2007, 07:32 PM
It's really hard no matter what player's you have to dump all your coaches and expect much more then what they have gotten.
I am really looking forward to the next 2 year's esp. the 2nd year with Brodie with a full year under his belt.

All they wanted to say today was "we lost it you didnt win anything" blah blah blah.. I hate living in san diego only becauace thier fan's are a-holes!!!!!!
Last year after the KC game here I got jumped 3 times walking to truck and I never even looked at anyone or said anything!

We feel your pain main!

You have found a home here at the Crowd!

We had a few members at the game...

haven't heard from them yet...

Hope they are ok!

texaschief
10-01-2007, 07:35 PM

lol...should probably wear neutral colors in So Cal.

especially with how frustrated those ppl are right now... glad to see you're ok though.

Canada
10-01-2007, 07:44 PM
I had a feeling SD could have a tuff season, but i didn't expect this kind of start. i thought they would win the division, but now, at best i only see them in 2nd AT BEST!

The Broncos are NOT a good team AT ALL!!! They've lost 2 games and won 2 by last second field goals... Denver could be the talk of the season right now with an 0-4 start. Don't be shocked if you see Denver bringin up the rear in the AFC west this year.

The Chiefs are playing "Carl Peterson" football....which was something i was hoping wouldn't happen...but obviously, we're right back to playing somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7 football....mediocre once again...fantastic.

That leaves the Raiders...who had a top 10 defense last year but no offense to speak of. Enter Culpepper. It looks like they may have lost their RB for some time and the offense could take a huge hit. i don't know much about their backup RBs. I do know that i'm happy that their 4th round pick Bush isn't on the active roster. He was a steal in the draft and will be a force in this league. Don't be shocked to see Oakland win the division title.

The only thing i see that could help KC win the division is that we have a bunch of home games coming up. We didn't go 0-4 to start, so we're not out of it yet and arrowhead is a hard place to lose if you're a Chief. I think what will decide whether or not the Chiefs see the playoffs is going to be those last 4 games. The Chiefs have been awful on the road in December. We've only got 7 more home games and IF we win them all, that's only 9 wins. That means we're gonna have to win at least 1 or 2 more on the road late in the year... if the Chiefs can win in December on the road, the only person who can be credited is Herm because none of our previous 3 or 4 coaches have been able to do that.

Are you kidding me?? We beat the "best" team in the West convincingly...on their turf. The faders are the same as last year and the donx suck. We are the team to beat in th West. If we win with 9-7 then great but please stop with all the crap about losing is good. If CP football gets us to the playoffs again then great. Play CP football. If you think that this is a mediocre team you need to start paying more attention.

hermhater
10-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Are you kidding me?? We beat the "best" team in the West convincingly...on their turf. The faders are the same as last year and the donx suck. We are the team to beat in th West. If we win with 9-7 then great but please stop with all the crap about losing is good. If CP football gets us to the playoffs again then great. Play CP football. If you think that this is a mediocre team you need to start paying more attention.

I try to ignore that guy... he thinks he knows all about football because he is from Texas.

He calls himself a Chiefs fan and then says the faders will win the division.

Just blow him off... either he will start making intelligent statements that people will respond to, or just go away ....

Polleo Pit Man
10-01-2007, 07:51 PM
If we keep improving at the rate we are, I think we could possibly end up 12-4. I know thats optimistic, but our D is definately clickin. And our offense looks like they are starting to get a feel for eachother. With this win @ San Diego they know now they can beat just about anyone anywhere. This game was huge!

hermhater
10-01-2007, 07:54 PM
If we keep improving at the rate we are, I think we could possibly end up 12-4. I know thats optimistic, but our D is definately clickin. And our offense looks like they are starting to get a feel for eachother. With this win @ San Diego they know now they can beat just about anyone anywhere. This game was huge!

I don't think that is unreasonable at all.

6 of the next 8 are at home...

After that stretch will will probably be 9 and 3.

If we can stay healthy we will win the division, and have HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE!!!!!

The Pats and Colts have an even tougher schedule than us this year, so we have a VERY good chance at winning it all, because there is no one in the NFC that can beat us!

We were robbed in Chicago.

texaschief
10-01-2007, 07:57 PM
I try to ignore that guy... he thinks he knows all about football because he is from Texas.

Just blow him off... either he will start making intelligent statements that people will respond to, or just go away ....

lol...whatever. i promise i won't post a new message board at the end of the season titled "i told you so".

...and for those who think CP football WILL get us deep into the playoffs need to wake up and pay attention... hell, it's only been 20 years!

i know y'all are all excited about a win against a struggling SD team, but look at our record...we're playing .500 football. We lost to a Chicago team that just lost to the Lions (a team that is in the top 5 in turnovers and points allowed). and it's not like we just destroyed our opponents in both wins either.

Hell, we needed a big play from our mascott to get the crowd back in the game last week. Wonder if the Patriots or Cowboys needed that.

Polleo Pit Man
10-01-2007, 07:58 PM

DUH
Raider arent gonna do **** man. Cullpepper had one good game against an emotional oponent. It wont happen again. I guarantee we will spank the raiders both times this year.

And just looking at team records doesnt tell you how good or bad they are. I dont care how bad a team one might have, when you are in the afc west, especially at home youre gonna put on a hell of a game!

rbedgood
10-01-2007, 08:02 PM

Canada's turn...a number of us have had slight "run-ins" with Texas...I choose to spend my energy elsewhere. He is a football demi-god who is omniscient in the ways of the pigskin. Question not, want not.
:lol: :lol:

texaschief
10-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Canada's turn...a number of us have had slight "run-ins" with Texas...I choose to spend my energy elsewhere. He is a football demi-god who is omniscient in the ways of the pigskin. Question not, want not.
:lol: :lol:

at least someone gets it...:sign0098: :lol:

m0ebr0
10-02-2007, 01:30 AM
We will be a dominate force if we can play the first half as we do the second half.

Faiders thus far have improved and impressed me the most besides the Chiefs.

Again Donks are squeaking by bad teams.

SD will be out if they do not win the next 2 division game. Which is going to be hard for them to do.

hermhater
10-02-2007, 01:33 AM
We will be a dominate force if we can play the first half as we do the second half.

SD will be out if they do not win the next 2 division game. Which is going to be hard for them to do.

You called it!

We have the best chance of dominating the division.

SD is in a tailspin and will struggle against both of their next two division games.

Their schedule ( on paper) is much more difficult than ours and they can't even win the games they are supposed to win!

WE PWN THIS DIVISION!!

Culpepper's knee is ok against Miami, but let him try and outrun DJ, or Edwards!!!!!

Good luck guy!

WE PWN THIS DIVISIONS!!

I see us going at least 12-4 this season with only 2 division losses!!!!!!

m0ebr0
10-02-2007, 01:36 AM
You called it!

We have the best chance of dominating the division.

SD is in a tailspin and will struggle against both of their next two division games.

Their schedule ( on paper) is much more difficult than ours and they can't even win the games they are supposed to win!

WE PWN THIS DIVISION!!

Culpepper's knee is ok against Miami, but let him try and outrun DJ, or Edwards!!!!!

Good luck guy!

WE PWN THIS DIVISIONS!!

I see us going at least 12-4 this season with only 2 division losses!!!!!!

Id like to see undefeated in our division. We have the ability to do it. It will be hard but I think we can. If we do that we have our division for sure.

texaschief
10-02-2007, 02:33 AM

that's all i'm saying

we know their defense is good. they won't be giving up 25pts per game all year. nor do i think they'll be putting up 27pts per game either. but an improved offense to compliment that D is going to be rough. This team isn't going to be a cake walk anymore.

I don't think SD will be either. This team is still the same team that only lost 2 games last year. Once the team aligns with the coaching, they'll start coming on strong. As for Denver, i don't think this team is worth talkin about till next year.

2 weeks ago, everyone was deserting the ship and calling for the coaching staff's head...have the Chiefs REALLY shown you enough to think they can "dominate" this division and go "12-4".

Come on guys. i'm tryin to have a real GROUNDED discussion and y'all blow off the Raiders and Chargers like they're the worst teams in the league. The Raiders had a top 10 defense last year and as of now, have a top 10 offense.

The Chargers are going to right the ship eventually and it's wishful thinking to think this team will go from 14-2 to one of the worse teams in the league. Its also pretty assumptuous to think this Chiefs offense will produce a 100 yards on the ground every week when they barely produced one in 4 games...and that was due to a long run at the end of a game that was already won. If you can't run, you won't win consistently and for some reason, the Chiefs line can't do "the easy part of being an O-lineman"(run blocking), but seem to be doing a descent job of protecting the statue.

How will this team dominate if they can't run the ball?

hermhater
10-02-2007, 02:45 AM
that's all i'm saying

we know their defense is good. they won't be giving up 25pts per game all year. nor do i think they'll be putting up 27pts per game either. but an improved offense to compliment that D is going to be rough. This team isn't going to be a cake walk anymore.

I don't think SD will be either. This team is still the same team that only lost 2 games last year. Once the team aligns with the coaching, they'll start coming on strong. As for Denver, i don't think this team is worth talkin about till next year.

2 weeks ago, everyone was deserting the ship and calling for the coaching staff's head...have the Chiefs REALLY shown you enough to think they can "dominate" this division and go "12-4".

Come on guys. i'm tryin to have a real GROUNDED discussion and y'all blow off the Raiders and Chargers like they're the worst teams in the league. The Raiders had a top 10 defense last year and as of now, have a top 10 offense.

The Chargers are going to right the ship eventually and it's wishful thinking to think this team will go from 14-2 to one of the worse teams in the league. Its also pretty assumptuous to think this Chiefs offense will produce a 100 yards on the ground every week when they barely produced one in 4 games...and that was due to a long run at the end of a game that was already won. If you can't run, you won't win consistently and for some reason, the Chiefs line can't do "the easy part of being an O-lineman"(run blocking), but seem to be doing a descent job of protecting the statue.

How will this team dominate if they can't run the ball?

I thought you crashed out?

The venrilo worked just great with Chiefster and I.

Doubt it was on my end.

Please stop being so damn ****y and take some advice... about Chiefs and techs, etc...

Be patient and learn from others.

It is a great virtue.

Even if you're the smartest person you know, you should realize you don't know everyone.

You seem like a good kid, just keep it reasonable when talking to others.

Your opinions and analysis of games is good, and you seem to have great passion for the NFL especially the Chiefs.

Just stop thinking you know all about all.

Now let's get down to figuring this Ventrilo thing out!!

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

Polleo Pit Man
10-02-2007, 03:03 AM
I personally think all the teams in the AFC west are pretty evan, especially at this point. The bronx arent slouches. Nor are the chargers. I havent seen enough of the raiders but i am sure they will put up a fight for us.

texaschief
10-02-2007, 03:07 AM
dude, the only time i started talkin crap was when y'all took exception to something i said and attacked me.

i've got nothing personally against any of you, but all of you seem to dislike me...again, like i said before, i'm here to talk legitimately about football. not to make friends. call that ****y if you want, but i don't know what to say to that. i don't want y'all to dislike me, but it's not like the things i say are so far off the deep end that y'all have to attack me all the damn time like i don't know what i'm talkin about.

i still stand by original arguments that so many of you had problems with.

We should play Brodie the whole season to get him experience for the future. If at the end of the season, he was awful, we'll obviously have a bad record and we can draft a QB with a high draft pick.

Our line doesn't need to be rebuilt.

Huard DOES give us the best chance to win, but the best we'll do with him is a game over/under or at .500, which will probably keep Carl in the front office.(DAMN!!!)

We will have a good defense and that's ONLY because of Herm Edwards...who IS a good coach and will have this team on top VERY soon if Chief fans don't fun him out of town.

Am i the only one who sees the 02/03 Bucs or the 06/07 Bears in this team? A REALLY good defense to go along with an offense that won't lose the game...But you know what, our offense is SO much better than either of those teams. The only thing we're missing is a REAL QB, which we could've found for next season if we had played Brodie this season. As it is, we'll have to wait another year to find a franchise QB, whether it's Brodie or a top draft pick (which we wont have) with another season around .500.

hermhater
10-02-2007, 03:08 AM
I personally think all the teams in the AFC west are pretty evan, especially at this point. The bronx arent slouches. Nor are the chargers. I havent seen enough of the raiders but i am sure they will put up a fight for us.

As I have said throughout the last two weeks, as the AFC has been going thrrough alot of turmoil, the AFC WEST and the AFC SOUTH are the toughest divisions in the NFL!

We are just getting started and now is the time to get ready for the trip to the INDYDOME!

Let's do it CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hermhater
10-02-2007, 03:13 AM
dude, the only time i started talkin crap was when y'all took exception to something i said and attacked me.

i've got nothing personally against any of you, but all of you seem to dislike me...again, like i said before, i'm here to talk legitimately about football. not to make friends. call that ****y if you want, but i don't know what to say to that. i don't want y'all to dislike me, but it's not like the things i say are so far off the deep end that y'all have to attack me all the damn time like i don't know what i'm talkin about.

We should play Brodie the whole season to get him experience for the future. If at the end of the season, he was awful, we'll obviously have a bad record and we can draft a QB with a high draft pick.

Huard DOES give us the best chance to win, but the best we'll do with him is a game over/under or at .500, which will probably keep Carl in the front office.(DAMN!!!)

We will have a good defense and that's ONLY because of Herm Edwards...who IS a good coach and will have this team on top VERY soon if Chief fans don't fun him out of town.

Am i the only one who sees the 02/03 Bucs or the 06/07 Bears in this team? A REALLY good defense to go along with an offense that won't lose the game...But you know what, our offense is SO much better than either of those teams. The only thing we're missing is a REAL QB, which we could've found for next season if we had played Brodie this season. As it is, we'll have to wait another year to find a franchise QB, whether it's Brodie or a top draft pick (which we wont have) with another season around .500.

I don't dislike you.

You bring a different view of our team to the site!

I like the fact that you rant, but argue points with discretion before you proclaim yourself the end all to know all.

Good posts!!!!
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Polleo Pit Man
10-02-2007, 03:17 AM

I see your point and agree to an extent. I dont think
Huard is going to be our future. Nobody wants to lose
though. I really do believe Croyle will get his chance this year, just not sure how long it will take. If they keep winning games he wont, but being he is a starter this year he has a lot more expected of him. I dont thinkthey will settle for him ruining games.

We dont need to draft another QB. We need to develop either Croyle or Thigpen. They both have alot of potential. I wish they would give Croyle a chance but Iam not the coach and until he blow a game again he needs to start, for the teams sake!

luv
10-02-2007, 03:20 AM

though. I really do believe Croyle will get his chance this year, just not sure how long it will take. If they keep winning games he wont, but being he is a starter this year he has a lot more expected of him. I dont thinkthey will settle for him ruining games.

We dont need to draft another QB. We need to develop either Croyle or Thigpen. They both have alot of potential. I wish they would give Croyle a chance but Iam not the coach and until he blow a game again he needs to start, for the teams sake!

Of course Huard isn't our future. He's 34. Croyle is 23-24? I wish we had started Croyle, but as long as Huard keps not losing, he'll be in there.

hermhater
10-02-2007, 03:22 AM

I tried the same thing.

Huard is our QB until he gets injured or losses 4 games in a row.

Keep debating it but Herm doesn't like talent.

He is just learning how to use it!

:welcome: :bananen_smilies046: :drunkhb: :toast2:

Polleo Pit Man
10-02-2007, 03:28 AM
I tried the same thing.

Huard is our QB until he gets injured or losses 4 games in a row.

Keep debating it but Herm doesn't like talent.

He is just learning how to use it!

:welcome: :bananen_smilies046: :drunkhb: :toast2:

You blame Herm but I really dont think its him.CP is behind it. Herm is starting more new players than we ever had. Granted I dont think he really knows that much about offense, but look what hes done for our defense in a year.

I definately predict that Croyle will start this year at some point. I try and think we will be good enough that he wont but I know we will struggle real hard and herm will make the switch. I have had enough time to be less "win emotional" and be more realistic. We will need a QB other than DH.

Polleo Pit Man
10-02-2007, 03:29 AM
Of course Huard isn't our future. He's 34. Croyle is 23-24? I wish we had started Croyle, but as long as Huard keps not losing, he'll be in there.

Youre rite Luv. by the way how are you this early morning?
:toast2:

hermhater
10-02-2007, 03:32 AM
You blame Herm but I really dont think its him.CP is behind it. Herm is starting more new players than we ever had. Granted I dont think he really knows that much about offense, but look what hes done for our defense in a year.

I definately predict that Croyle will start this year at some point. I try and think we will be good enough that he wont but I know we will struggle real hard and herm will make the switch. I have had enough time to be less "win emotional" and be more realistic. We will need a QB other than DH.

Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree

Don't agree. Damon should be the future of our team.

If CP and Herm (maybe Clark) were in on the last couple of drafts then they did a pretty good job!

They are playing the right receivers and we happen to be winning right now!!!!

(PM me if you wanna talk about the QB decision we have been all over this, and I always lose)

luv
10-02-2007, 03:38 AM
Youre rite Luv. by the way how are you this early morning?
:toast2:
Awake. :)

You?

Polleo Pit Man
10-02-2007, 03:38 AM
Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree

If CP and Herm (maybe Clark) were in on the last couple of drafts then they did a pretty good job!

They are playing the right receivers and we happen to be winning right now!!!!

(PM me if you wanna talk about the QB decision we have been all over this, and I always lose)

I think we are both rite on. prolly in the wrong thread for this but what the hell.it has to do with us kick *** in our division right.

I am a reasonable person and willing to bend here and there. Bottom line is I dont make the desisions just have my opinions. i do love winning though! so lets just win one damn way or another!!!:bananen_smilies046:

Polleo Pit Man
10-02-2007, 03:40 AM
Awake. :)

You?

Gettin tired. But not quite tired enough.

luv
10-02-2007, 03:42 AM
I think we are both rite on. prolly in the wrong thread for this but what the hell.it has to do with us kick *** in our division right.

I am a reasonable person and willing to bend here and there. Bottom line is I dont make the desisions just have my opinions. i do love winning though! so lets just win one damn way or another!!!:bananen_smilies046:
My dad made a good point to me the other day. We are paying Huard to not lose. As long as he's doing that, he'll be in. Once Croyle gets in, we will be paying him to win, since he is our QBOTF. Huard is kind of like a reverse backup.

luv
10-02-2007, 03:43 AM
Gettin tired. But not quite tired enough.
Same here.

And I'm craving OJ. I must have a cold coming on.

hermhater
10-02-2007, 03:45 AM
My dad made a good point to me the other day. We are paying Huard to not lose. As long as he's doing that, he'll be in. Once Croyle gets in, we will be paying him to win, since he is our QBOTF. Huard is kind of like a reverse backup.

good post but i am eatng and can theforeb type w/ one finger

Polleo Pit Man
10-02-2007, 03:46 AM
Same here.

And I'm craving OJ. I must have a cold coming on.

Sorry Luv OJ is in jail right now!:drunkhb:

luv
10-02-2007, 03:47 AM
Sorry Luv OJ is in jail right now!:drunkhb:
Damn, I guess I'll have to go put my jammies on and settle for orange juice! :p

Polleo Pit Man
10-02-2007, 03:49 AM
Damn, I guess I'll have to go put my jammies on and settle for orange juice! :p

Good idea! Orange Juice never killed anybody.

luv
10-02-2007, 03:50 AM
Good idea! Orange Juice never killed anybody.
I wonder if Orange Julius did?

texaschief
10-02-2007, 03:52 AM

i don't want to discuss this. there's no way a career backup QB that old or injury prone should be the "future" of any team. the guy can't even move to get out of his own way. He wasn't even healthy enough to play in the pre season.

oh yeah...21st overall, 79 PassRtg, 5 picks(3rd worst)...Brodie could've done that.

Polleo Pit Man
10-02-2007, 03:53 AM
i don't want to discuss this. there's no way a career backup QB that old or injury prone should be the "future" of any team. the guy can't even move to get out of his own way. He wasn't even healthy enough to play in the pre season.

oh yeah...21st overall, 79 PassRtg, 5 picks(3rd worst)...Brodie could've done that.

I think you read it wrong i know i dont think he has any future.

Polleo Pit Man
10-02-2007, 03:54 AM
I wonder if Orange Julius did?

If the glove fits? Good call.

hermhater
10-02-2007, 03:55 AM

This is HERM ball!!!

We don't need no QB scoring points!!!!

Don't you know!! (HE has a GAMEPLAN!)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

texaschief
10-02-2007, 03:57 AM
This is HERM ball!!!

We don't need no QB scoring points!!!!

Don't you know!! (HE has GAMEPLAN!)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

he had a franchise QB in NY. his QB doesn't need to score points, you're right. But he can't be throwing errand screen passes and 5 picks in 4 games either.

hermhater
10-02-2007, 03:59 AM
he had a franchise QB in NY. his QB doesn't need to score points, you're right. But he can't be throwing errand screen passes and 5 picks in 4 games either.

Do you mean spleen man? Or the other 4 QB's he ruined in his stint in NY?

texaschief
10-02-2007, 04:09 AM
4...really.

:drunkhb:

Canada
10-02-2007, 07:13 AM
lol...whatever. i promise i won't post a new message board at the end of the season titled "i told you so".

...and for those who think CP football WILL get us deep into the playoffs need to wake up and pay attention... hell, it's only been 20 years!

i know y'all are all excited about a win against a struggling SD team, but look at our record...we're playing .500 football. We lost to a Chicago team that just lost to the Lions (a team that is in the top 5 in turnovers and points allowed). and it's not like we just destroyed our opponents in both wins either.

Hell, we needed a big play from our mascott to get the crowd back in the game last week. Wonder if the Patriots or Cowboys needed that.

That Chicago team had no Tommie Harris, Nathar Vasher, Lance Briggs etc....wasn't the same team man. There is more to it than just the logo that is on the helmet that day.

Chiefster
10-02-2007, 09:16 AM
If the glove fits? Good call.

If the glove don't fit; you must acquit!

Chiefster
10-02-2007, 09:18 AM

This is not out of the realm of impossibility; the AFC West seems to be wide open to this point in the season.

DrunkHillbilly
10-02-2007, 09:22 AM
This is not out of the realm of impossibility; the AFC West seems to be wide open to this point in the season.

They do seem to be playing pretty good ball right now.

Canada
10-02-2007, 10:20 AM
They do seem to be playing pretty good ball right now.

Not bad, but they haven't really played anyone overly impressive....Cleveland, the donx, Trent and i forget the other game. (we are still talking faders right??) funny how soem Chiefs fans talk about the faders being good and us being bad when we are the better team!! Wierd

Chiefster
10-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Not bad, but they haven't really played anyone overly impressive....Cleveland, the donx, Trent and i forget the other game. (we are still talking faders right??) funny how soem Chiefs fans talk about the faders being good and us being bad when we are the better team!! Wierd

I did not say we are bad, and they are good; just that they have improved, and so have we. I have been very vocal in my positive opinion of the Chiefs last two games; I think they are finally properly utilizing the talent they have placed on the field, and I have thought very highly of our defense over the last couple of seasons. Please don't paint me as a fair weather fan.

Canada
10-02-2007, 12:29 PM
I did not say we are bad, and they are good; just that they have improved, and so have we. I have been very vocal in my positive opinion of the Chiefs last two games; I think they are finally properly utilizing the talent they have placed on the field, and I have thought very highly of our defense over the last couple of seasons. Please don't paint me as a fair weather fan.

That would never happen, I just think it is odd that people are saying watch out for the faders while not giving the Chiefs any credit. Not you in particular....just people!! :bananen_smilies046:

sling58
10-02-2007, 12:58 PM
One word: Bowe.

'nuff said

I like the way you think HH

Chiefster
10-02-2007, 01:50 PM
That would never happen, I just think it is odd that people are saying watch out for the faders while not giving the Chiefs any credit. Not you in particular....just people!! :bananen_smilies046:

Sorry for the misunderstanding, and I see what you're saying the Chiefs are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL.

:bananen_smilies046:

sling58
10-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Sorry for the misunderstanding, and I see what you're saying the Chiefs are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL.

:bananen_smilies046:

"No respect I tell ya, No Respect!"

Chiefster
10-02-2007, 03:36 PM
"No respect I tell ya, No Respect!"

Once I was kidnapped, and the ransom note read: "Give us a million bucks or you'll see your kid again!" The sent my old man a piece of my finger as proof; my old man wanted more proof!

m0ef0e
10-02-2007, 05:51 PM
We reversed the spread in last week's game. To me, that is kicking some butt! A two-score win on the road over a division opponent is huge. I think this year, the AFC West could definately come down to the Chiefs and faders as the front-runners. We are a better team than Oakland. Culpepper will not rush for 3 TD's on us, period. It won't happen and he went 5 for 12 through the air. The faders don't have any big-play receivers and we have Bowe and Gonzo with Kennison returning. Lamont Jordan got hurt and the rookie played well but chokeland doesn't have what it takes to beat the Chiefs for the division title this year-- no matter how their running game fares the rest of the season.

hermhater
10-02-2007, 05:54 PM
We reversed the spread in last week's game. To me, that is kicking some butt! A two-score win on the road over a division opponent is huge. I think this year, the AFC West could definately come down to the Chiefs and faders as the front-runners. We are a better team than Oakland. Culpepper will not rush for 3 TD's on us, period. It won't happen and he went 5 for 12 through the air. The faders don't have any big-play receivers and we have Bowe and Gonzo with Kennison returning. Lamont Jordan got hurt and the rookie played well but chokeland doesn't have what it takes to beat the Chiefs for the division title this year-- no matter how their running game fares the rest of the season.

What he said!

:sign0098::sign0098::sign0098::beer::beer::beer:

DrunkHillbilly
10-02-2007, 06:06 PM

Deep breath here...... I thought I was just stating the obvious. If I were not a fan of either team, I would say the Faders are playing better overall football right now. Remember, we averaged 9 points agame through three. Not very impressive.

I do believe we have shown some nice improvement in problem areas. I also think we have a good shot at winning this weekend but something has got to be done with our line not making any holes to run through. I know LJ got 100+ but damn, those looked like some hard yards and it took a ton of carries to get there.

I am pleasantly surprised at the seemingly fast improvement over the last two games. Looks like they are getting it together and more importantly, it looks like the coaches are opening things up for the offense. I don't know who the Faders have this weekend but I fully expect the Donks to beat up on SD in Denver this weekend and with any luck, we will still be atop the division on Monday!

m0ef0e
10-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Deep breath here...... I thought I was just stating the obvious. If I were not a fan of either team, I would say the Faders are playing better overall football right now. Remember, we averaged 9 points agame through three. Not very impressive.

I do believe we have shown some nice improvement in problem areas. I also think we have a good shot at winning this weekend but something has got to be done with our line not making any holes to run through. I know LJ got 100+ but damn, those looked like some hard yards and it took a ton of carries to get there.

I am pleasantly surprised at the seemingly fast improvement over the last two games. Looks like they are getting it together and more importantly, it looks like the coaches are opening things up for the offense. I don't know who the Faders have this weekend but I fully expect the Donks to beat up on SD in Denver this weekend and with any luck, we will still be atop the division on Monday!

Actually, 123 yards on 25 carries with a 4.9 average is pretty good. Granted, that big run at the end of the game really helped with that but we are well on our way to getting the run game going. Jacksonville has played better against the run since getting shredded by the Titans in week 1, but I still believe LJ will go for 100+ and find the end zone this week.

DrunkHillbilly
10-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Actually, 123 yards on 25 carries with a 4.9 average is pretty good. Granted, that big run at the end of the game really helped with that but we are well on our way to getting the run game going. Jacksonville has played better against the run since getting shredded by the Titans in week 1, but I still believe LJ will go for 100+ and find the end zone this week.

I almost pointed that long run out! That drove his avg up quite a bit. My point is that the line doesn't seem to get much push therefore leading to 2 and 3 yard runs. If this continues, teams will start keying on TG and Bowe and we will be back at square one.

Coach
10-02-2007, 06:20 PM

I love all of the optimism on this board right now. I also want to congratulate everyone for not postwhoring this thread. Its one of the best I've read in a while.

My thoughts:
I think it would be a mistake to count out San Diego already. We have only played 4 games. I think most people expected a slow start from SD because of the wholesale changes that were made on the sidelines. But they are still very talented on both sides of the ball. Denver is Denver and Oakland is Oakland.

I think the AFC West division is down this year and that there is no clear cut favorite. The Chiefs have as good of a shot as anyone. But I am reading posts where people talk about the Chiefs going 12-4 and having home field advantage in the playoffs and I scratch my head.
The Chiefs have beat two teams that have a combined record of 2-6. So let's not put the cart in front of the horse. The Defense has looked great. The offense is improving. If these trends continue, then the Chiefs have a chance to win the division. I hope the Chiefs go 14-2 and prove me wrong, I just think it is premature to think that the other teams in this division are already out of it.

DrunkHillbilly
10-02-2007, 06:22 PM
I love all of the optimism on this board right now. I also want to congratulate everyone for not postwhoring this thread. Its one of the best I've read in a while.

My thoughts:
I think it would be a mistake to count out San Diego already. We have only played 4 games. I think most people expected a slow start from SD because of the wholesale changes that were made on the sidelines. But they are still very talented on both sides of the ball. Denver is Denver and Oakland is Oakland.

I think the AFC West division is down this year and that there is no clear cut favorite. The Chiefs have as good of a shot as anyone. But I am reading posts where people talk about the Chiefs going 12-4 and having home field advantage in the playoffs and I scratch my head.
The Chiefs have beat two teams that have a combined record of 2-6. So let's not put the cart in front of the horse. The Defense has looked great. The offense is improving. If these trends continue, then the Chiefs have a chance to win the division. I hope the Chiefs go 14-2 and prove me wrong, I just think it is premature to think that the other teams in this division are already out of it.

FINALLY some sanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yahoo:

m0ef0e
10-02-2007, 06:23 PM
I almost pointed that long run out! That drove his avg up quite a bit. My point is that the line doesn't seem to get much push therefore leading to 2 and 3 yard runs. If this continues, teams will start keying on TG and Bowe and we will be back at square one.

I find encouragement in the fact that we had some success with LJ and the run late in the game, when the defense knew it was coming. That's when we got the most production from LJ and better blocking from the line. If we spread the defense with Bowe, Gonzo, and now Kennison, there is no reason we shouldn't be able to run people over when they aren't stacking the box. LJ and the line proved they can do it last week, allbeit briefly, but they showed some of what is possible with that unit.

hermhater
10-02-2007, 06:24 PM

This will not continue. The frustration for LJ is OVER.

This is the culmination of our efforts to get the pass game going.

I understand that you have to have a run game to get the passing game going, but If a team KNOWS what plays you will be calling, they will not bother to cover the pass.

Now that the league has taken notice they will not be stacking the box and O line will start looking like champs!

:beer::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::beer:

m0ef0e
10-02-2007, 06:27 PM

My thoughts:

I agree completely. We need to play every game like our entire season rides on it. This is the NFL and nothing is a given. The uncertainty in the AFC West right now is what makes every team in our division so dangerous. This division is wide open for somebody to step in and take it. I do think that the Chiefs have shown some signs of being the best-equipped team to do so but the road will never be easy.

DrunkHillbilly
10-02-2007, 06:27 PM
This will not continue. The frustration for LJ is OVER.

This is the culmination of our efforts to get the pass game going.

I understand that you have to have a run game to get the passing game going, but If a team KNOWS what plays you will be calling, they will not bother to cover the pass.

Now that the league has taken notice they will not be stacking the box and O line will start looking like champs!

:beer::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::beer:

Now, to get him in the End Zone!!!!!!!!

hermhater
10-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Now, to get him in the End Zone!!!!!!!!

I have put a lot of Arrowcash down that says he will reach the end zone against the Jags.

If we keep running him off tackle we will have a much better chance of him scoring.

Get him out there where he can knock over a few LB's and even into the secondary where he won't even slow down for corner, and he will be getting more and more long runs, some of which will end up in the endzone!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!

texaschief
10-02-2007, 09:08 PM
its really good to see i'm not the only one who's not booking the hotel room in Arizona quite yet.

The Chiefs have really helped themselves out with the passing game the past 2 games and in-turn will probably open up the running game. But for god sakes, run behind McIntosh!! Turley is doing an awful job run-blocking! He seems to be doin ok in pass protection, but it looks like he's not able to run very well anymore.

The Chiefs DEFINITELY look better than they did the first 2 games. But the Chargers aren't out yet, the Raiders are just as good if not better than KC RIGHT NOW...and the Broncs i think are the best candidate for a write off. They for all intents and purposes SHOULD be 0-4.

i have to be honest though....looking at the rest of the schedule, i don't see as many blowout losses as i did before the season started...which is a shame cuz i still see too many losses to make the playoffs and just enough wins to make everyone excited and then let down at the end of the year...which has become the custom in Chiefs nation...so much for my high draft pick. lol

So, what postion do we draft for at #16?...let me guess...Offensive lineman?

m0ebr0
10-03-2007, 02:13 AM

My thoughts:

Agreed. We need to play every week hard and dont overestimate anybody. We can go 12-4 or better if we play the first half like we do the second half. We will be a dominate force in the NFL if we can do that. We have alot of potential with our team.

As for the division.
SD will have a very hard time comming back if they lose 2 out of 3 of hte division streak they are in.

Denver still has to prove that they can beat a worthy opponet decisevly not by last minute field goals.

Oakland has impressed me the most out of our division besides the Chiefs thus far. Dante looked good against the Fins. They can be a tough oppenet and they are getting thier team built back up.

sling58
10-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Agreed. We need to play every week hard and dont overestimate anybody. We can go 12-4 or better if we play the first half like we do the second half. We will be a dominate force in the NFL if we can do that. We have alot of potential with our team.

As for the division.
SD will have a very hard time comming back if they lose 2 out of 3 of hte division streak they are in.

Denver still has to prove that they can beat a worthy opponet decisevly not by last minute field goals.

Oakland has impressed me the most out of our division besides the Chiefs thus far. Dante looked good against the Fins. They can be a tough oppenet and they are getting thier team built back up.

True I think if we can start playing the same way in the 1st half as we do in the 2nd we will be hard to beat. We are starting to click as a team and I think once the light turns on offensively we will be scoring big. Indy I think will be a real test though.

Canada
10-03-2007, 05:30 PM

If CP football puts us in the playoffs, it is up to the players and coaches at that point. What has CP done to lose a playoff game?? There is a 53 man roster plus coaching staff that are accountable for playoff losses. If u blame CP then why don't we get Marty back?? I am not sure who you blame in the playoffs for losing, but it shouldn't be the general manager. That is just a cop out!

....and then you give the mascot credit for the win. What a joke.

Polleo Pit Man
10-03-2007, 08:47 PM
If CP football puts us in the playoffs, it is up to the players and coaches at that point. What has CP done to lose a playoff game?? There is a 53 man roster plus coaching staff that are accountable for playoff losses. If u blame CP then why don't we get Marty back?? I am not sure who you blame in the playoffs for losing, but it shouldn't be the general manager. That is just a cop out!

We need to get KC Wolf in a uniform! Did you see that take down! He's got talent man!

Canada
10-03-2007, 08:48 PM
We need to get KC Wolf in a uniform! Did you see that take down! He's got talent man!

I was pretty funny. I was down at the other end where the guy started from. One of the Viqueens made a move at him and he slowed down and pretend to run at him and the Viqueen jumped back into the huddle!! I laughed my *** off!! :lol:

Chiefster
10-03-2007, 08:56 PM

Peterson and Edwards are responsible for the talent on the field and play calling; said talent is responsible for doing their jobs. It is a group effort.

Canada
10-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Peterson and Edwards are responsible for the talent on the field and play calling; said talent is responsible for doing their jobs. It is a group effort.

Absolutely....if they put together a playoff caliber team then it should be up to the players to perform in the playoffs.

Coach
10-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Absolutely....if they put together a playoff caliber team then it should be up to the players to perform in the playoffs.

there are still plenty of responsibilities for the Coach during the game. For example, half-time adjustments. Which have been pretty good here recently.

texaschief
10-03-2007, 10:54 PM
]If CP football puts us in the playoffs[/B], it is up to the players and coaches at that point. What has CP done to lose a playoff game?? There is a 53 man roster plus coaching staff that are accountable for playoff losses. If u blame CP then why don't we get Marty back?? I am not sure who you blame in the playoffs for losing, but it shouldn't be the general manager. That is just a cop out!

after 15,17,18 years of being the GM, that's a relatively BIG if, don't you think? if we get to the playoffs once every 4 or 5 years, how can you expect this team to get far without ANY playoff experience? AND you blame the GM for a playoff loss for not putting the personell on the field to get a win.

By the way...who WON the world series last year? How's their GM doing with his job? Oh, wait.... he lost his job this year!! AND HE WON A CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Please don't be a CP apologist just for the sake of arguement...making money in this league is all well and good, but eventually, you need to win. A game under, over or right at .500 isn't winning football.

Polleo Pit Man
10-03-2007, 10:54 PM
there are still plenty of responsibilities for the Coach during the game. For example, half-time adjustments. Which have been pretty good here recently.
I agree we have done very well adjusting!

timsatt1
10-03-2007, 11:22 PM

My thoughts:

thank you! me, you and hillbilly seem to be the only rational, unbyast chiefs lovers here.

Everyone else is gung ho on us being the best team in the nfl lol and undisputedly the best team in afc west.

so yes, i agree with hillbilly, nice to have some sanity and realistic opinions. Last Sunday was fun to watch, but we probably will see our highs as well as our lows all season.

The optimism is ok at times, but sometimes it is nice to truly critique our team, praise em where they deserve praise but also critisize potential problems.

right now team is looking good, improving on all faucets of the game....but like someone posted the "test" post....we are about to play a "real" team Sunday. A winning team.

it is going to be fun. ill be seeing it up close. PEACE!

luv
10-03-2007, 11:26 PM
thank you! me, you and hillbilly seem to be the only rational, unbyast chiefs lovers here.

Everyone else is gung ho on us being the best team in the nfl lol and undisputedly the best team in afc west.

so yes, i agree with hillbilly, nice to have some sanity and realistic opinions. Last Sunday was fun to watch, but we probably will see our highs as well as our lows all season.

The optimism is ok at times, but sometimes it is nice to truly critique our team, praise em where they deserve praise but also critisize potential problems.

right now team is looking good, improving on all faucets of the game....but like someone posted the "test" post....we are about to play a "real" team Sunday. A winning team.

Excuse me? Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them irrational or biased. I think maybe you should look up the definition to those words again. In the meantime, get off your pedistal.

Polleo Pit Man
10-03-2007, 11:26 PM

I know were not the best out there, but I think we have the potential to be one of the best. We have all the weapons , its a matter of using them to the fullest.

Polleo Pit Man
10-03-2007, 11:27 PM
Excuse me? Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them irrational or biased. I think maybe you should look up the definition to those words again. In the meantime, get off your pedistal.
You go girl! :drunkhb: :drunkhb:

timsatt1
10-03-2007, 11:32 PM

luv my house is getting dirty again since the last time you cleaned it. when are you coming back?

timsatt1
10-03-2007, 11:39 PM
how do i delete one of my posts?

:)

luv
10-04-2007, 12:02 AM
how do i delete one of my posts?

:)
Just one?

m0ef0e
10-04-2007, 01:17 AM

Will you start to see the light after the Chiefs skin the ***uars up close and personal on Sunday?? :yahoo:

GO CHIEFS!!!

hermhater
10-04-2007, 01:18 AM
Will you start to see the light after the Chiefs skin the ***uars up close and personal on Sunday?? :yahoo:

GO CHIEFS!!!

I'll bet I gratz ya before admin!

Gratz on your 1000th post! (confident it will happen tonight!)

:sign0098: :beer: :toast2: :yahoo:

Polleo Pit Man
10-04-2007, 02:07 AM
I'll bet I gratz ya before admin!

Gratz on your 1000th post! (confident it will happen tonight!)

:sign0098: :beer: :toast2: :yahoo:

This thread WAS goin so good too! What happened?

luv
10-04-2007, 02:10 AM
This thread WAS goin so good too! What happened?
I left.

Polleo Pit Man
10-04-2007, 02:13 AM
I left.
youre a big meanie!:mob:

chief31
10-04-2007, 02:17 AM
after 15,17,18 years of being the GM, that's a relatively BIG if, don't you think? if we get to the playoffs once every 4 or 5 years, how can you expect this team to get far without ANY playoff experience? AND you blame the GM for a playoff loss for not putting the personell on the field to get a win.

By the way...who WON the world series last year? How's their GM doing with his job? Oh, wait.... he lost his job this year!! AND HE WON A CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Please don't be a CP apologist just for the sake of arguement...making money in this league is all well and good, but eventually, you need to win. A game under, over or right at .500 isn't winning football.

Obviously, as you have stated before, you don't think that C.P. has ever put a true contender on the field. I, and most of the rest of the fans of the NFL disagree. We have had a few tams that would have come as no surprise to anyone, had they wound-up winning a Super Bowl. I think we have had the right personell on a few occaisions. A number of things have gone wrong in our playoff losses. None of them looked like C.P.

Not that I am backing Peterson, to the bitter end, but more that I don't believe he is responsible for all of our playoff mishaps.

Polleo Pit Man
10-04-2007, 02:24 AM
Obviously, as you have stated before, you don't think that C.P. has ever put a true contender on the field. I, and most of the rest of the fans of the NFL disagree. We have had a few tams that would have come as no surprise to anyone, had they wound-up winning a Super Bowl. I think we have had the right personell on a few occaisions. A number of things have gone wrong in our playoff losses. None of them looked like C.P.

Not that I am backing Peterson, to the bitter end, but more that I don't believe he is responsible for all of our playoff mishaps.
I agree with you on this. Nice

texaschief
10-04-2007, 03:28 AM
i don't think he's responsible for ALL the mishaps, but he didn't even put a defense on the field in '03. in the Marty years, he had a tough time scoring points with HIS players whle he built great defenses. How many Super Bowl caliber teams have been so lopsided one way or the other in those 20 years? most of them are pretty close to even on both sides of the ball. I've never seen a GM pay so much attention to ONLY one side of the ball the way CP does! Now, we're starting to see that pendulum swing back toward the defensive side of the ball...and we're starting to hear the cries of "where's the offense?"

We probably wouldn't be having this discussion if he could've made the playoffs a few more times. But how many playoff wins does he have in 20 years? You don't think that MIGHT have something to do with the GM?

Polleo Pit Man
10-04-2007, 03:38 AM
i don't think he's responsible for ALL the mishaps, but he didn't even put a defense on the field in '03. in the Marty years, he had a tough time scoring points with HIS players whle he built great defenses. How many Super Bowl caliber teams have been so lopsided one way or the other in those 20 years? most of them are pretty close to even on both sides of the ball. I've never seen a GM pay so much attention to ONLY one side of the ball the way CP does! Now, we're starting to see that pendulum swing back toward the defensive side of the ball...and we're starting to hear the cries of "where's the offense?"

We probably wouldn't be having this discussion if he could've made the playoffs a few more times. But how many playoff wins does he have in 20 years? You don't think that MIGHT have something to do with the GM?
I think it is very tough to have both. Look at Chicago last year, what offense did they have....ummm , right NONE. Look at Tampa Bay a few years back....did they have an offense? NO. It is possible to do well with just an awsome defense but its not reliable. I personally believe thats where you start. we are gettining that, 3rd in the league, now we have actually the right tools / players to have a pretty good offense, its just a matter of preperation and will. I think our offensive has pretty good potential to develop into a upper class. if it does is another story. The chiefs have not been less than .500 in the last 20+ years I dont think and look at how many teams have. That has to say somthing. And in this day and age, every year is different. So many good players trough out, sombody has to lose its a matter of will and if the coaches can get the players to believe they can do it.

chief31
10-04-2007, 09:54 AM

During the Vermiel era, C.P and Vermiel made obvious attempte to improve the defense.

From 2000 to 2005 they drafted defensive players on ten out of the fifteen first day selections that they made.15th, 36th, 93rd, 126th(Jared Allen), 47th, 92nd, 6th, 43rd, 54th, 75th, and 85th overall. (Jared was not one of those, he was a second day pick.)

They also brought in Kendrell Bell and Patrick Surtain, through free-agency, in '05. Two high profile guys, at the time.

I've seen you repeatedly say that the defense was ignored during the Vermiel era and that is one of the least thought-out things that a Chiefs fan can say. It wasn't ignored, it failed. And if you want somewhere to place that blame, then look to the head coaches, because, ultimately, the GM gets who the coach wants.

You have already expressed a subtle hatred for Vermiel, (A guy who won a Super Bowl, went to another and made the Chiefs a front-runner.) So that's where you should be placing that blame.

Myself, I choose not to be so vague. I place the blame, in that era, on Greg Robinson, defensive coordinator. He was given alot of tools and couldn't manage a single defensive stop in the playoff loss to the Colts.

The Marty era was a completely different team. I would place most of the blame for that are and some of the blame in the Vermiel era, on luck. Yes, luck. Believe it or not, the best football team isn't always the team that wins the Super Bowl. Luck comes in two forms, good luck and bad luck. And the Chiefs have been plagued by the latter, during their most recent playoff appearances.

m0ef0e
10-04-2007, 12:58 PM
During the Vermiel era, C.P and Vermiel made obvious attempte to improve the defense.

From 2000 to 2005 they drafted defensive players on ten out of the fifteen first day selections that they made.15th, 36th, 93rd, 126th(Jared Allen), 47th, 92nd, 6th, 43rd, 54th, 75th, and 85th overall. (Jared was not one of those, he was a second day pick.)

They also brought in Kendrell Bell and Patrick Surtain, through free-agency, in '05. Two high profile guys, at the time.

I've seen you repeatedly say that the defense was ignored during the Vermiel era and that is one of the least thought-out things that a Chiefs fan can say. It wasn't ignored, it failed. And if you want somewhere to place that blame, then look to the head coaches, because, ultimately, the GM gets who the coach wants.

You have already expressed a subtle hatred for Vermiel, (A guy who won a Super Bowl, went to another and made the Chiefs a front-runner.) So that's where you should be placing that blame.

Myself, I choose not to be so vague. I place the blame, in that era, on Greg Robinson, defensive coordinator. He was given alot of tools and couldn't manage a single defensive stop in the playoff loss to the Colts.

The Marty era was a completely different team. I would place most of the blame for that are and some of the blame in the Vermiel era, on luck. Yes, luck. Believe it or not, the best football team isn't always the team that wins the Super Bowl. Luck comes in two forms, good luck and bad luck. And the Chiefs have been plagued by the latter, during their most recent playoff appearances.

:sign0098: The problem with the defense at that time was Robinson's scheme. That's when we saw the corners playing 15 yards off the receiver every play! They never got jams on the line of scrimmage because it was "read and react" in order to not give up the big play. Well, big plays are not a concern when you can get a first down every time you need one with shorter, higher percentage, safer passes.

BTW, we have a more balanced team here than we've had in a while, IMO.

DrunkHillbilly
10-04-2007, 03:15 PM

I agree with most of this post however, I definetly disagree with the part about the GM always getting who the coach wants. This is definetly not true in all cases. A lot of times the owner has a say in who he wants and that's the route teams go. Cowboys and Cardinals come to mind. Leonard Davis is a prime example. Second pick and Bidwill Jr made the decision. Then Bidwill Sr refused to pay him that kind of money to play guard. Looks like he's doin ok in Dallas now. He will be in Hawaii at the end of the season.

texaschief
10-04-2007, 05:57 PM

Really? Kendrell Bell and Pat Surtain is the best you could come up with as an attempt to improve the defense?... you just proved my point. In 5 years, he signed a guy who couldn't contribute and a CB who was past his prime...nice. Obviously his staff were horrible judges of talent. Herm has drafted more starters in 2 years than Dick did in 5!! He lucked out with Allen and CP actually earned some money in drafting LJ. From 2000 to 2005, we picked 5 starters from 46 picks. Please, go on and tell me how GREAT Vermeil was for this team. One playoff appearance to show for all that scoring...and by the way, Vermeil had a pretty good defense in St. Louis to compliment that offense.

I blame Vermeil less about his ignoring the defense than you blame Herm for ignoring the O-line....which he doesn't.

As far as building a Super Bowl contender that's close to balanced goes, yes, there were a couple teams in the past decade who had a better side of the ball than the other. Both teams that were cited as proof that a team could be lopsided and win, were both in the NFC (TB, CHI) which is a MUCH weaker conference...which is why i said MOST TEAMS...NOT ALL.

i don't have the time to go down the list of balanced teams who contend every year. But, I'm glad you pulled out those two. Can't say i was surprised by you bringing up those teams. But i've got to say, TB didn't have an offense as bad as Chicago's. They had a QB who didn't turn the ball over and a stout running game with Dunn and Alstott.

m0ef0e
10-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Really? Kendrell Bell and Pat Surtain is the best you could come up with as an attempt to improve the defense?... you just proved my point. In 5 years, he signed a guy who couldn't contribute and a CB who was past his prime...nice. Obviously his staff were horrible judges of talent. Herm has drafted more starters in 2 years than Dick did in 5!! He lucked out with Allen and CP actually earned some money in drafting LJ. From 2000 to 2005, we picked 5 starters from 46 picks. Please, go on and tell me how GREAT Vermeil was for this team. One playoff appearance to show for all that scoring...and by the way, Vermeil had a pretty good defense in St. Louis to compliment that offense.

I blame Vermeil less about his ignoring the defense than you blame Herm for ignoring the O-line....which he doesn't.

As far as building a Super Bowl contender that's close to balanced goes, yes, there were a couple teams in the past decade who had a better side of the ball than the other. Both teams that were cited as proof that a team could be lopsided and win, were both in the NFC (TB, CHI) which is a MUCH weaker conference...which is why i said MOST TEAMS...NOT ALL.

i don't have the time to go down the list of balanced teams who contend every year. But, I'm glad you pulled out those two. Can't say i was surprised by you bringing up those teams. But i've got to say, TB didn't have an offense as bad as Chicago's. They had a QB who didn't turn the ball over and a stout running game with Dunn and Alstott.

The Colts were fairly lopsided last year until their defense really turned it on in the playoffs and kept it going through the superbowl win. The Ravens also when they won it except the situations was the opposite of Indy's. So, the AFC does produce some championship-caliber teams that are lopsided one way or another.

I agree about Tampa Bay. That Bucs team that won it all kind of reminds me of the Chiefs this year: Good defense, a veteran QB who isn't a superstar but doesn't make a lot of mistakes (Huard also has more receiving weapons), and a run-game that should get going strong as the season progresses (I know the Chiefs' rush hasn't been really good yet this year but I feel it will get significantly better).

timsatt1
10-04-2007, 07:23 PM

GO CHIEFS!!!

believe me, i see the light and the potential for the Chiefs to be a playoff team!!!

i was talking about the extreme comments, like the ppl here expecting sportscenter to show OUR TEAMS highlights during the time we were 0-2 and 1-2.

...and many posts along those lines....such as us going 12-4 and having homefield advantage in playoffs.

that is all. i see us making the playoffs if things go right. the afc west will be tight. anyone, including sandy eggo can win it.

it is early and the last place team is only 2 games out.

Canada
10-04-2007, 07:40 PM
believe me, i see the light and the potential for the Chiefs to be a playoff team!!!

i was talking about the extreme comments, like the ppl here expecting sportscenter to show OUR TEAMS highlights during the time we were 0-2 and 1-2.

...and many posts along those lines....such as us going 12-4 and having homefield advantage in playoffs.

that is all. i see us making the playoffs if things go right. the afc west will be tight. anyone, including sandy eggo can win it.

it is early and the last place team is only 2 games out.

I expect Sports Center and NFL Network to cover all the teams. Not just the bandwagon teams.

hermhater
10-04-2007, 07:44 PM
I expect Sports Center and NFL Network to cover all the teams. Not just the bandwagon teams.

That's what I'm saying too!!

Even if there are fewer highlights to show, they could just maybe mention the word Chiefs!

They often just gloss over what our opponent has done, and then mention they LOST to the Chiefs, not that the Chiefs WON the game!

It is a huge bias based on the larger teams, in the bigger cities having more fans watching, and I am getting sick of it!

Every team in the NFL has a shot at the big prize. Treat them the same!

:mob::mob::mob::mob::mob:

Canada
10-04-2007, 07:45 PM
That's what I'm saying too!!

Even if there are fewer highlights to show, they could just maybe mention the word Chiefs!

They often just gloss over what our opponent has done, and then mention they LOST to the Chiefs, not that the Chiefs WON the game!

It is a huge bias based on the larger teams, in the bigger cities having more fans watching, and I am getting sick of it!

Every team in the NFL has a shot at the big prize. Treat them the same!

:mob::mob::mob::mob::mob:

Well....not every team (the team will will not mention) :beer:

DrunkHillbilly
10-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Every single week after the day games, Sportcenter has their show that talks about EVERY SINGLE GAME! NBC does the same before the night game. I watch them every week! So they do get coverage but I agree, who wants to watch someone talk about the 0 fer teams or 1 win teams for any extended length of time except for fans of that team? Now, having said that, I did notice more coverage about the Chiefs after the SD game. Yes, most of it was about the Chargers but highlightes of the Chiefs were shown. Let's be real here, the biggest story in last weekends game was and still is why are the Chargers so bad. They went 14-2 last season. It's going to be a big deal as well it should!

hermhater
10-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Every single week after the day games, Sportcenter has their show that talks about EVERY SINGLE GAME! NBC does the same before the night game. I watch them every week! So they do get coverage but I agree, who wants to watch someone talk about the 0 fer teams or 1 win teams for any extended length of time except for fans of that team? Now, having said that, I did notice more coverage about the Chiefs after the SD game. Yes, most of it was about the Chargers but highlightes of the Chiefs were shown. Let's be real here, the biggest story in last weekends game was and still is why are the Chargers so bad. They went 14-2 last season. It's going to be a big deal as well it should!

I watched the same show and not one play from the 3rd quarter was shown.

Not TG tying Shannon Sharpe, nor did they show Dbowe's TD.

They showed how our D whooped up on Rivers and Brack returning the fumble for the TD, but not one single play from our 20 some points in the 3rd!

Canada
10-04-2007, 09:46 PM

We beat them last year too. Maybe SD isn't that bad and we are a better team. I don't really care about what the talking heads think, I think that it is only fair that all teams get good coverage. 1-3 teams are getting more TV time than we are. We are 2-2 but if u blink you will miss the KC highlights. How much of the KC/MIN game did they show??

DrunkHillbilly
10-04-2007, 09:46 PM
I watched the same show and not one play from the 3rd quarter was shown.

Not TG tying Shannon Sharpe, nor did they show Dbowe's TD.

They showed how our D whooped up on Rivers and Brack returning the fumble for the TD, but not one single play from our 20 some points in the 3rd!

Come on man, they can't show every play!!! One of them showed the TG TD because I watched it!! It's been this way since the inception of tv. They focus on the teams that are expected to be good and the teams that are doing something abnormal. I don't give a damn what the Bills do or who the Panthers played. They suck!!!

Chiefster
10-04-2007, 09:51 PM
As a Chiefs fan I want to, and feel entitled to see all the highlights there is to offer. However, when we started the season out as miserably as we have I have not come to expect them.

DrunkHillbilly
10-04-2007, 09:51 PM
We beat them last year too. Maybe SD isn't that bad and we are a better team. I don't really care about what the talking heads think, I think that it is only fair that all teams get good coverage. 1-3 teams are getting more TV time than we are. We are 2-2 but if u blink you will miss the KC highlights. How much of the KC/MIN game did they show??
We usually beat them once every year, so! They were 14-2 last year! They are the bigger story just like they were the previous three weeks.

Probably about the same amount as the Carolina/Atlanta game or the St Louis/Tampa Bay game. If your not fans of those teams, most people don't care.

Canada
10-04-2007, 09:54 PM
As a Chiefs fan I want to, and feel entitled to all the highlights there is to offer. However, when we started the season out as miserably as we have I have not come to expect them.

Highlights are highlights. Records don't matter. Plays do. NFL Network deemed the KC/SD game worthy of replaying the entire game pretty much, but Sportscenter shows a 30 second clip of the Chiefs and then talk about SD losing. NOthing about how well the Chiefs #3 ranked Defence played. Seriously I still hear people talking about how good BAL D is. Good plays are good plays. Show them. :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
10-04-2007, 09:56 PM
We usually beat them once every year, so! They were 14-2 last year! They are the bigger story just like they were the previous three weeks.

Probably about the same amount as the Carolina/Atlanta game or the St Louis/Tampa Bay game. If your not fans of those teams, most people don't care.

You are right....point taken. The Chiefs suck and we should all just watch highlights from Indy, GB and NE. Then people will get what they want.....and I am the non Chiefs fan :beer: Carolina, STL TB and CAR do not have seasons ticket holders in every State and Canada....we do. Don't give me that crap that people don't care.

hermhater
10-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Another Hillbilly vs Canada showdown!

Let the night begin!!!

:lol::lol::lol: :beer:

DrunkHillbilly
10-04-2007, 10:06 PM
You are right....point taken. The Chiefs suck and we should all just watch highlights from Indy, GB and NE. Then people will get what they want.....and I am the non Chiefs fan :beer: Carolina, STL TB and CAR do not have seasons ticket holders in every State and Canada....we do. Don't give me that crap that people don't care.

You are one of a kind dude!!!! Always have to take it to the extreme!! Whatever. You win.

I would bet dimes to doughnuts that most people if asked "whats the bigger story, the Chiefs being 2-2 or the Chargers being 1-3" well, I guess you think they would say the Chiefs!! Maybe you should start your own TV station and you could have Chiefs highlightes 24/7!!

Polleo Pit Man
10-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Highlights are highlights. Records don't matter. Plays do. NFL Network deemed the KC/SD game worthy of replaying the entire game pretty much, but Sportscenter shows a 30 second clip of the Chiefs and then talk about SD losing. NOthing about how well the Chiefs #3 ranked Defence played. Seriously I still hear people talking about how good BAL D is. Good plays are good plays. Show them. :bananen_smilies046:

Right on brother!:bananen_smilies046: have a beer!

Canada
10-04-2007, 10:35 PM
You are one of a kind dude!!!! Always have to take it to the extreme!! Whatever. You win.

I would bet dimes to doughnuts that most people if asked "whats the bigger story, the Chiefs being 2-2 or the Chargers being 1-3" well, I guess you think they would say the Chiefs!! Maybe you should start your own TV station and you could have Chiefs highlightes 24/7!!

Oh!!! You just missed the point.....All I said was that Sports Center should show highlights of both teams. Yes SD is a story....so are the Chiefs. Do you think that the two teams got anywhere near equal coverage over the last week?? Not a chance. I am not starting a 24/7 Chiefs channel (although that would be sweet) I would like to see the Chiefs get the same coverage as all the other teams in the league. :beer: Apparently you disagree with me *shocker*

Chiefster
10-04-2007, 10:53 PM

Agreed; yer preaching to the converted here; I'm merely saying that because of the obvious journalistic ESPN bias I don't expect to see the Chiefs done justice.

DrunkHillbilly
10-04-2007, 10:56 PM
Oh!!! You just missed the point.....All I said was that Sports Center should show highlights of both teams. Yes SD is a story....so are the Chiefs. Do you think that the two teams got anywhere near equal coverage over the last week?? Not a chance. I am not starting a 24/7 Chiefs channel (although that would be sweet) I would like to see the Chiefs get the same coverage as all the other teams in the league. :beer: Apparently you disagree with me *shocker*

No where near the same coverage, nor do I think they should have! I guess Sportcenter should stop picking on the Chiefs!!! Never have ALL the teams gotten equal coverage. NEVER and NEVER will! I bet the 0 fer teams fans are *****in about the same thing you are.

sling58
10-05-2007, 07:34 AM

Agreed, I have loved seeing the improvements the team makes coming back on to the field in the 3rd quarter.

Canada
10-05-2007, 12:23 PM
No where near the same coverage, nor do I think they should have! I guess Sportcenter should stop picking on the Chiefs!!! Never have ALL the teams gotten equal coverage. NEVER and NEVER will! I bet the 0 fer teams fans are *****in about the same thing you are.

Are you just arguing with yourself?? When did I say "stop picking on the Chiefs?" Stop boring me all week with the same stories about the same teams. I know that is your thing. Pats, Colts, Indy and Dal. There dosen't seem to be much else that interests you, but fans of the game like to see information/stats/highlights from all over the league. And we are not an 0fer team....we are tied for the division lead. What other division leading team gets less coverage than the teams they are beating. None. I guess you and I are different in the fact that I would like to see NFL highlights and news. The SD story is getting real old. Same with CHI. Th are bad....get used to it. There are other teams in the league, stop beating a dead horse.

Chiefster
10-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Are you just arguing with yourself?? When did I say "stop picking on the Chiefs?" Stop boring me all week with the same stories about the same teams. I know that is your thing. Pats, Colts, Indy and Dal. There dosen't seem to be much else that interests you, but fans of the game like to see information/stats/highlights from all over the league. And we are not an 0fer team....we are tied for the division lead. What other division leading team gets less coverage than the teams they are beating. None. I guess you and I are different in the fact that I would like to see NFL highlights and news. The SD story is getting real old. Same with CHI. Th are bad....get used to it. There are other teams in the league, stop beating a dead horse.

Well stated! :)

Rep!

m0ebr0
10-05-2007, 01:09 PM

If we have played every game like we do in the second half we would be 4-0. We have great potential to be one of the best. We have the 4th ranked D and many weapons on offense. Whit us opening up the Offense more we have made the D start guessing as to what we are doing cuz now they are not just looking at LJ. If they stack 8 in the box we will pass on thier man coverage. I doubt we will be the best team this year but we can definitally be one of the top teams.

As for playing a "real team", I dont care what team it is it is VERY hard to go into a division game on the road and come back in the second half and win like we did.

m0ebr0
10-05-2007, 01:13 PM

Elliot missing 3 fieldgoals.... 1st example.
They calling Tony-G out with a TD catch for the win in hs rookie season when he was not out.... 2nd example.
Theres more as well. I just cant think of em all.

m0ebr0
10-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Come on man, they can't show every play!!! One of them showed the TG TD because I watched it!! It's been this way since the inception of tv. They focus on the teams that are expected to be good and the teams that are doing something abnormal. I don't give a damn what the Bills do or who the Panthers played. They suck!!!

1 out of how many shows showed the Tony-G catch? 1 out of who knows how many. They only time I saw it was on top 10 other than that it was never shown. The Blitz just talked about how the Chargers were doing soooo bad, it couldnt of been cuz we were doin good? Theres a thought.

Is the teams that are expected to be 6-10 or worse proving everybody wrong not a good story? We were predicted to do sooo bad and we are proving everybody wrong.

They cant show all the plays but they need to give credit where credit is due. What would u rather see, highlights on how NE destroyed Cinci, or how KC came back from 10 points down and won by 14 on the road in a division game? They definitally need to show the plays that make or break history no matter what.

m0ef0e
10-05-2007, 01:41 PM

I personally don't care if ESPN talks about the Chiefs at all because they will just bad-mouth us anyway. I get most of my coverage on the internet by reading stats and articles. I also watch replays any time I want and TONS of times each week on nfl.com. They have pretty much every key play from every game on video there. It's a great resource.

Sorry Canada, I have to agree with Hillbilly some. While no mention is really made of the Chiefs being tied for first in their division. There are sole division leaders right now that hardly get any national coverage as well. Tampa Bay and Seattle both stand alone atop their divisions and get almost no mention.

I do agree with Canada about the bandwagon teams, however. Tom Brady can do no wrong, Manning is second coming of Jesus, and Brett Favre had already thrown 4 TD's by the time God said, "Let there be light".

I would be willing to bet that the coverage of the Steelers is going to fall off also, compared to the teams that are still undefeated, now that Pittsburgh has suffered their first loss. This is the nature of the media-beast every year in the NFL. They are just waiting for the last undefeated to be standing alone so they can start screaming "16-0" and boost talk-radio ratings, etc. by having people call in to argue. It's just a ploy.

As I said. I would rather the mainstream media just keep the Chiefs' name out of their mouth because they will probably just say something that will upset me. I have no trouble finding more positive media resources on the internet than the garbage that is put on some of these shows.

chief31
10-05-2007, 02:44 PM
I agree with most of this post however, I definetly disagree with the part about the GM always getting who the coach wants. This is definetly not true in all cases. A lot of times the owner has a say in who he wants and that's the route teams go. Cowboys and Cardinals come to mind. Leonard Davis is a prime example. Second pick and Bidwill Jr made the decision. Then Bidwill Sr refused to pay him that kind of money to play guard. Looks like he's doin ok in Dallas now. He will be in Hawaii at the end of the season.

I wasn't trying to say all of the time. Clearly Larry Johnson could be used as terrific evidence against that kind of statement. But, if the coach doesn't get the guy he wants in the draft, generally, the whole world hears about it. Free-agency is a different situation, because of the financial complications. (The price ranges are much more extreme than they are with draft choices.)

You win.

:sign0094: ?!?!?!?!?!? You are this close ... [.] ... to getting your signature editted.

J/K :D

chief31
10-05-2007, 03:18 PM

Yes. Bell and Surtain. At that time, along with Sammie Knight, they were huge acquisitions. Coupled with an overwhelming majority of first-day defensiive draft picks, Proves beyond any doubt that the defense was not being ignored.

Also, Yes, I accuse Herm of having ignored his offensive line and have often given evidence, to support that idea. You never give anything but a long-winded opinion, and try to pass that off as facts. You have stated that Penningtons constant injuries, in no way, suggest anything about Herm ignoring the needs of his offensive line, but simply show that Pennington was a "Glass Joe". Well, then I guess that means that Trent Green, a guy who had 80 consecutive starts, coming into Herms first season as the Chiefs head coach, magically became a "Glass Joe" and, coincidentally, now Damon Huard is Herms newest "Glass Joe".

At some point, shouldn't you just admit that maybe Herm could have paid more attention to the lack of pass-protection that his teams have had?

I'm not sure where you are pulling up those two "examples" (Bears and Buccaneers) but I am not the one who is suggesting that we attempt to be a one-sided powerhouse. You are the only person on these boards, or that I have ever seen anywhere, who has made an argument, both, for and against that kind of team. But, since you seem to want to get into that, I'll give you some fuel to burn yourself with. Colts '07; Bears '07; Steelers '06; Panthers '04; Buccaneers '03; Ravens '01; Rams '00. Go ahead and kick your own ***.

I have made a case for the Vermiel Chiefs, on the grounds that the defense was not ignored. Not that they were some incredibly balanced team.

This discussion, however, is about Carl Peterson and I just explained why I don't hold him responsible for any teams playoff failures.

m0ef0e
10-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Our pass-protection has surprised me, this year.

chief31
10-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Our pass-protection has surprised me, this year.

Me too, at times. Though seeing Huard get lifted off the turf is still quite worrisome.

m0ef0e
10-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Me too, at times. Though seeing Huard get lifted off the turf is still quite worrisome.

Man, don't scare me like that!

chief31
10-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Man, don't scare me like that!
O.K., Maybe not lifted, but helped. :D

m0ef0e
10-05-2007, 04:05 PM
O.K., Maybe not lifted, but helped. :D

Whew... Ok, thanks. I think my heart skipped a beat. Huard's tough though. He really took a beating against the Bears.

texaschief
10-05-2007, 04:15 PM
I think the reason the Chiefs aren't shown on TV is politically motivated. KC is known as a conservative/republican city and we all know how biased the media is, especially ABC (who owns ESPN). But it shouldn't shock anyone that NBC doesn't show much either in this conspiracy theory...but it does kinda make sence.:lol:

Look at the teams who get most of the discussion...

New England/Boston...where are John Kerry and the Kennedys from again?
New Orleans...everyone there hates Bush too
ALL the California teams...nothins more liberal than Cali
Seattle...extension of Cali

New York...well, NY is a push. Gulianni is a republican
(not really):drunkhb: ...but NY for the most part is liberal.

I'm tellin ya!! has nothin to do with the individual teams themselves...well, maybe the Patriots deserve a little discussion...lol

m0ef0e
10-05-2007, 04:30 PM
I think the reason the Chiefs aren't shown on TV is politically motivated. KC is known as a conservative/republican city and we all know how biased the media is, especially ABC (who owns ESPN). But it shouldn't shock anyone that NBC doesn't show much either in this conspiracy theory...but it does kinda make sence.:lol:

I'm tellin ya!! has nothin to do with the individual teams themselves...well, maybe the Patriots deserve a little discussion...lol

Remember Hillary when referring to New York. It's almost impossible to watch any TV anymore without somebody's political agenda being pounded into your skull and it's unfortunately mostly liberal. With the obvious exceptions like Fox, who also has a political agenda-- Just from the other side of the fence.

texaschief
10-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Remember Hillary when referring to New York. It's almost impossible to watch any TV anymore without somebody's political agenda being pounded into your skull and it's unfortunately mostly liberal. With the obvious exceptions like Fox, who also has a political agenda-- Just from the other side of the fence.

i figured Hillary went without saying. that's why i said it was a push. lol

texaschief
10-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Travis Henry....:sign0098:

just another reason to write off Denver.

anaeelbackwards
10-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Travis Henry....:sign0098:

just another reason to write off Denver.

you would think some players would learn.....

BOO HOO for the DONKS...

GO CHIEFS!

chief31
10-05-2007, 05:00 PM
you would think some players would learn.....

BOO HOO for the DONKS...

GO CHIEFS!

Really!!! How can you not ask your trainer for a cleansing agent? DUHHH!!!! :D

Canada
10-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Sorry Canada, I have to agree with Hillbilly some. While no mention is really made of the Chiefs being tied for first in their division. There are sole division leaders right now that hardly get any national coverage as well. Tampa Bay and Seattle both stand alone atop their divisions and get almost no mention.

This is what I have been saying the problem is all along. Not enough fair coverage for the entire NFL, not just the Chiefs. I want to know what is going on with all teams. There are 168 hours in a week, 32 teams and NFL Network claims to have football 24/7. You could have 5 hours of footage throughout the week on every team. Instead I have to watch 100 hours a week on 4 or 5 teams. Show highlights to TB fans, SEA fans, Rams fans, Jets fans and everyone else. I still don't get why people are still disagreeing with this?!? :beer:

timsatt1
10-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Yes. Bell and Surtain. At that time, along with Sammie Knight, they were huge acquisitions. Coupled with an overwhelming majority of first-day defensiive draft picks, Proves beyond any doubt that the defense was not being ignored.

Also, Yes, I accuse Herm of having ignored his offensive line and have often given evidence, to support that idea. You never give anything but a long-winded opinion, and try to pass that off as facts. You have stated that Penningtons constant injuries, in no way, suggest anything about Herm ignoring the needs of his offensive line, but simply show that Pennington was a "Glass Joe". Well, then I guess that means that Trent Green, a guy who had 80 consecutive starts, coming into Herms first season as the Chiefs head coach, magically became a "Glass Joe" and, coincidentally, now Damon Huard is Herms newest "Glass Joe".

At some point, shouldn't you just admit that maybe Herm could have paid more attention to the lack of pass-protection that his teams have had?

I'm not sure where you are pulling up those two "examples" (Bears and Buccaneers) but I am not the one who is suggesting that we attempt to be a one-sided powerhouse. You are the only person on these boards, or that I have ever seen anywhere, who has made an argument, both, for and against that kind of team. But, since you seem to want to get into that, I'll give you some fuel to burn yourself with. Colts '07; Bears '07; Steelers '06; Panthers '04; Buccaneers '03; Ravens '01; Rams '00. Go ahead and kick your own ***.

I have made a case for the Vermiel Chiefs, on the grounds that the defense was not ignored. Not that they were some incredibly balanced team.

This discussion, however, is about Carl Peterson and I just explained why I don't hold him responsible for any teams playoff failures.

to be honest, carl peterson did a fine job with our 13-3 Chiefs team, as well as Vermiel. I put total blame on PAYTON MANNING for our playoff failures! Chiefs had their opportunity, had the players, had home field advantage...but Payton is Payton. No one to blame really. It just didn't happen.

So, every year.....do you blame every gm or coach of every team EXCEPT the super bowl champions???

i mean, only one team can win it, so are 30 something teams at fault for NOT WINNING?

Chiefs have had GREAT SUCCESS since the early 90s till now, just havent reached the promised land. And with hot shots like Payton and Brady (maybe even Romo) in the league, it is going to be TOUGH to win one in this era. But we may just get it done...this year...why not?

if we make the playoffs as an underdog, then we have no pressure as opposed to going in with 13-3 and having all the pressure in the world on you. Don't ever count any year out....unless you start out 1-4 :)

timsatt1
10-05-2007, 06:29 PM

HAHAHAA WOW!!! i mean i agree....i just wasnt going to post it in this server...i am a conservative/ditto head myself, and i see this the same way. I mean, i can't remember what article it was that was posted in here (sports article), but somehow PRESIDENT BUSH's name got inserted into the article, bashing him of course...and i mean his name came from NO WHERE.

LIBERALS OWN THE TV, newspapers and schools.

Conservatives own the radio.

RUSH Limbaugh is the true leader of this country, it is just that the liberals don't quiet know that yet.

m0ef0e
10-05-2007, 06:29 PM

This is what I have been saying the problem is all along. Not enough fair coverage for the entire NFL, not just the Chiefs. I want to know what is going on with all teams. There are 168 hours in a week, 32 teams and NFL Network claims to have football 24/7. You could have 5 hours of footage throughout the week on every team. Instead I have to watch 100 hours a week on 4 or 5 teams. Show highlights to TB fans, SEA fans, Rams fans, Jets fans and everyone else. I still don't get why people are still disagreeing with this?!? :beer:

I agree with it. I thought you were talking about the Chiefs only. You're right, though. There are more than 4 or 5 teams in the NFL. It would be nice to see what is going on around the rest of the league once in a while.

timsatt1
10-05-2007, 06:30 PM
I agree with it. I thought you were talking about the Chiefs only. You're right, though. There are more than 4 or 5 teams in the NFL. It would be nice to see what is going on around the rest of the league once in a while.

actually you get to see not just 4 or 5 teams....you get to see 8-10 teams!!! you also get to see the teams those powerhouses are beating on :)

m0ef0e
10-05-2007, 06:33 PM
to be honest, carl peterson did a fine job with our 13-3 Chiefs team, as well as Vermiel. I put total blame on PAYTON MANNING for our playoff failures! Chiefs had their opportunity, had the players, had home field advantage...but Payton is Payton. No one to blame really. It just didn't happen.

So, every year.....do you blame every gm or coach of every team EXCEPT the super bowl champions???

i mean, only one team can win it, so are 30 something teams at fault for NOT WINNING?

Chiefs have had GREAT SUCCESS since the early 90s till now, just havent reached the promised land. And with hot shots like Payton and Brady (maybe even Romo) in the league, it is going to be TOUGH to win one in this era. But we may just get it done...this year...why not?

if we make the playoffs as an underdog, then we have no pressure as opposed to going in with 13-3 and having all the pressure in the world on you. Don't ever count any year out....unless you start out 1-4 :)

:sign0098:

Good call, man. 1 in 32 is not very good odds in any situation but that doesn't deter thousands of personnel and millions of fans from giving it their all each and every year. Honestly, I don't think any Chiefs' fan has all that much room to complain seeing as how the Cardinals are the oldest franchise in football that doesn't have a championship to their name.

DrunkHillbilly
10-05-2007, 09:42 PM

Probably just to irritate you!! It's sooooo easily done it seems! I just don't understand why you get so worked up when someone has a differing opinion. Oh well, your blood pressure!!:sign0098:

You definetly don't have to agree but what part of "this has been going on forever" don't you get? The networks decide who they want to preview on their shows and that who gets the coverage. I'm not saying I agree but that's what happens. Has always been like this and always will! BTW, the NFL network has a deal where they show every game played on Sunday during the week. Half hour for the entire game. All commercials, timeouts, reviews ect. edited out. After the game, they talk about it. Watch it all the time.

hermhater
10-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Probably just to irritate you!! It's sooooo easily done it seems! I just don't understand why you get so worked up when someone has a differing opinion. Oh well, your blood pressure!!:sign0098:

You definetly don't have to agree but what part of "this has been going on forever" don't you get? The networks decide who they want to preview on their shows and that who gets the coverage. I'm not saying I agree but that's what happens. Has always been like this and always will! BTW, the NFL network has a deal where they show every game played on Sunday during the week. Half hour for the entire game. All commercials, timeouts, reviews ect. edited out. After the game, they talk about it. Watch it all the time.

Well then I don't like the networks!

Go to NY or LA and change the way they do things Hillbilly!

You can do it!

:beer:

DrunkHillbilly
10-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Well then I don't like the networks!

Go to NY or LA and change the way they do things Hillbilly!

You can do it!

:beer:

You know as well as I do that's how it works. Sucks, but it's just how it is.

Canada
10-06-2007, 09:48 AM
You know as well as I do that's how it works. Sucks, but it's just how it is.

What do you mean it sucks?? Haven't you been telling me that the way it is is the way it should be?? Apparently it is just the way you think it should be,

Canada
10-06-2007, 09:50 AM

Really??....when was the last time a team that made the playoffs last year had no Monday Night games, Sunday night games, Nationally Televised games and had to start and end the season with 3 out of 4 games on the road. I don't remember that happening....don't sit there and honestly say that the Chiefs have gotten what they deserved or stop callin yourself a Chiefs fan.

sling58
10-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Really??....when was the last time a team that made the playoffs last year had no Monday Night games, Sunday night games, Nationally Televised games and had to start and end the season with 3 out of 4 games on the road. I don't remember that happening....don't sit there and honestly say that the Chiefs have gotten what they deserved or stop callin yourself a Chiefs fan.

Hey Canada, not to prove you wrong but we Play a Sunday night game @ the Jets Dec. 29th. I will be happy to see that game. We will already have the divison locked up and home field advantage for the playoffs.

DrunkHillbilly
10-06-2007, 10:14 AM

Better check the schedule again #1 Chiefs fan!!!

sling58
10-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Better check the schedule again #1 Chiefs fan!!!

Why do you have to start something? It was a simple mistake that anyone can make. I am getting tired of coming on this site and seeign arguments on these posts. We all should have a common goal here on this site and that is to cheer on the CHIEFS.

DrunkHillbilly
10-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Why do you have to start something? It was a simple mistake that anyone can make. I am getting tired of coming on this site and seeign arguments on these posts. We all should have a common goal here on this site and that is to cheer on the CHIEFS.

Just responding to someone who told me to stop calling myself a Chiefs fan. That's all. He's always so big on telling everyone to bring facts and statistics to the table. Well, if the shoe fits!!!

sling58
10-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Just responding to someone who told me to stop calling myself a Chiefs fan. That's all. He's always so big on telling everyone to bring facts and statistics to the table. Well, if the shoe fits!!!

Yeah but this bickering back and forth all the time is not what this site is for. It's for Chiefs fans to talk Chiefs football. That's why I come here to post and read. Let's all just stop the bickering and root for the Chiefs already. Just my opinion.

DrunkHillbilly
10-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Yeah but this bickering back and forth all the time is not what this site is for. It's for Chiefs fans to talk Chiefs football. That's why I come here to post and read. Let's all just stop the bickering and root for the Chiefs already. Just my opinion.

Look man, I've tried to drop it, say you win, whatever you say, your right ect. He just won't let it go! Everytime I have something to say, he just wants to argue! I don't agree with what he says and vice versa! It's the same ole, same ole with him. If you don't agree, your wrong because he is the know all god Chiefs fan! Lately, he has done this with others as well, not just me. It's BS. Then, sometimes he apologizes and says, sorry I have a hangover and I'm in a bad mood. Who cares? I'm done with his crap. At this point, I know he is going to disagree so I just try to keep it light and irritate him so when I don't bring any facts or statistics, maybe he will just drop it.

timsatt1
10-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Look man, I've tried to drop it, say you win, whatever you say, your right ect. He just won't let it go! Everytime I have something to say, he just wants to argue! I don't agree with what he says and vice versa! It's the same ole, same ole with him. If you don't agree, your wrong because he is the know all god Chiefs fan! Lately, he has done this with others as well, not just me. It's BS. Then, sometimes he apologizes and says, sorry I have a hangover and I'm in a bad mood. Who cares? I'm done with his crap. At this point, I know he is going to disagree so I just try to keep it light and irritate him so when I don't bring any facts or statistics, maybe he will just drop it.

there is only one thing that can resolve this fight between #1 chiefs fan and arkansas hillbilly...A CHIEFS WIN ON SUNDAY AGAINST THE ***UARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

m0ef0e
10-06-2007, 01:12 PM
there is only one thing that can resolve this fight between #1 chiefs fan and arkansas hillbilly...A CHIEFS WIN ON SUNDAY AGAINST THE ***UARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!

Make war! Rain destruction on the ***uars and help the crowd keep the peace!

m0ef0e
10-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Hey Canada, not to prove you wrong but we Play a Sunday night game @ the Jets Dec. 29th. I will be happy to see that game. We will already have the divison locked up and home field advantage for the playoffs.

You are a brilliant individual. Your gift of foresight is unmatched. Good call! :sign0098:

sling58
10-06-2007, 02:03 PM
You are a brilliant individual. Your gift of foresight is unmatched. Good call! :sign0098:
I just call it how I see it brother!

texaschief
10-06-2007, 04:45 PM
not to pile on here, but i've already seen 3 of the 4 Chiefs games here in San Antonio regular tv. i don't know if it's nationally televised, but there have been almost as many Chiefs games on tv here as there are Texans and Cowboys!!! I LOVE IT!!!! :yahoo:

chief31
10-06-2007, 05:36 PM
I saw the Beras game. The rest I have seen recordings of. My buddy has Sunday Ticket and records the games. Then, this week, NFL Network carried the Chiefs/Chargers on NFL Replay.

m0ebr0
10-06-2007, 05:48 PM

Straight up. If someone cant agree with this needs to leave. :D
GO CHIEFS

stlchief
10-06-2007, 05:54 PM

Do people really say this? Dimes are the new pennies. Doughnuts will always be doughnuts.

It doesn't matter if the Chiefs are in sole posession of the AFC West after 8 games. The story will still be the Donks & the Yellow Squiggly Things On The Blue Helmets. All we would hear is don't count them out, get ready their coming, etc.

This is life for a small market fan.

Why do you think the Royals don't get better coverage????

:D

chief31
10-06-2007, 05:56 PM

Do you really want an answer to that?

hermhater
10-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Do you really want an answer to that?

Hey they didn't lose 100 this year!

I consider that a winning season for the Royals!

chief31
10-06-2007, 05:59 PM

I believe the highlight of their season was the few days that the White Sox were behind them in the standings. :D

timsatt1
10-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Do people really say this? Dimes are the new pennies. Doughnuts will always be doughnuts.

It doesn't matter if the Chiefs are in sole posession of the AFC West after 8 games. The story will still be the Donks & the Yellow Squiggly Things On The Blue Helmets. All we would hear is don't count them out, get ready their coming, etc.

why dont the royals get as much coverage? AHHAHAHAHAAH

terrible example. yes they suck cause they are a small market. but the reason they dont get coverage is because they suck, not because their jersey says K.C.

since the days of George Brett and Bo Jackson (who i met last month), the royals do not deserve any coverage. Why put em on tv if no one is going to watch? wouldnt make much sense, would it?

stlchief
10-06-2007, 06:00 PM

Baby steps. just keep moving in the right direction....

Canada
10-06-2007, 06:34 PM

Why do you cry about that when you are doing it to everyone on this site in your sig? Don't come off all high and mighty because someone argues with your point of view. When you disagree with someone...do u still say they are right?? I am not even sure what you are really arguing about with me. All that I have stated is that sports highlight shows should show equal amounts of all teams. I don't know why you got all wound up about it but you feel the need to bad mouth me once again. Sorry for having an opinion. Not sure where I have been so big on bring "facts and statistic" It's like you argue things with me that I never said to you. Get off the soap box and relax.

DrunkHillbilly
10-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Why do you cry about that when you are doing it to everyone on this site in your sig? Don't come off all high and mighty because someone argues with your point of view. When you disagree with someone...do u still say they are right?? I am not even sure what you are really arguing about with me. All that I have stated is that sports highlight shows should show equal amounts of all teams. I don't know why you got all wound up about it but you feel the need to bad mouth me once again. Sorry for having an opinion. Not sure where I have been so big on bring "facts and statistic" It's like you argue things with me that I never said to you. Get off the soap box and relax.

Your right bud!! My bad. I'll defer to you from now on!! :sign0098:

sling58
10-07-2007, 07:37 AM

Cause they suck!

:lol:

Canada
10-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Your right bud!! My bad. I'll defer to you from now on!! :sign0098:

See, it's your sarcastic bull**** that makes you sound like an idiot. Sorry I disagreed with you.

Chiefster
10-08-2007, 11:04 PM
See, it's your sarcastic bull**** that makes you sound like an idiot. Sorry I disagreed with you.

...Meh, Canada, in one ear and out the other, so to speak. Don't let him bother ya.

McLovin
10-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Cause they suck!

:lol:
Ditto

DrunkHillbilly
10-09-2007, 12:11 AM
...Meh, Canada, in one ear and out the other, so to speak. Don't let him bother ya.
You too huh?