PDA

View Full Version : What do you all think of this idea...

Eydugstr
09-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Why not promote Jim Zorn to offensive cooridinator, and put Bill Muir back as an Offensive line coach?

Seems to me it's the one big change we can make at this point in the season.

Canada
09-20-2011, 02:14 PM
It cant make things any worse!!

jmlamerson
09-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Why not promote Jim Zorn to offensive cooridinator, and put Bill Muir back as an Offensive line coach?

Seems to me it's the one big change we can make at this point in the season.

Because Muir isn't calling the plays, Haley is. Muir was hired specifically because Gailey and Weis proved to be too independent. He may be a fall guy, but our offensive woes aren't his fault.

marloweopatchiefs
09-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Because Muir isn't calling the plays, Haley is. Muir was hired specifically because Gailey and Weis proved to be too independent. He may be a fall guy, but our offensive woes aren't his fault.

Actually muir is calling the plays not haley.

Chiefs Playcaller Will Be Bill Muir During The Regular Season - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/9/7/2410663/chiefs-calling-plays-bill-muir-todd-haley)

jmlamerson
09-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Actually muir is calling the plays not haley.

Chiefs Playcaller Will Be Bill Muir During The Regular Season - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/9/7/2410663/chiefs-calling-plays-bill-muir-todd-haley)

Do I sound paranoid when I say that there's no chance in hell that I believe what's written in that article?

marloweopatchiefs
09-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Do I sound paranoid when I say that there's no chance in hell that I believe what's written in that article?

You don't have to believe anything. Just watch the chiefs game and you can clearly see that muir is up in the windows calling the plays. It hasn't been a secret he was the playcaller. Where have you been?

marloweopatchiefs
09-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Arrowhead Report: Muir To Call Plays (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Arrowhead-Report-Muir-To-Call-Plays/ed03e0a0-b8ac-4a01-a85e-b4b5d089840c)

There ya go right from the chiefs homepage themselves. kcchiefs.com

OPLookn
09-20-2011, 04:09 PM
I've heard of worse ideas, hopefully it'll be Pioli stepping in and doing this and not Haley. I'm sure Haley is just chomping at the bit to try and take OC responsibilities back. Muir just gives him more and more reasons to do so.

TopekaRoy
09-20-2011, 04:17 PM
It's pretty clear to me. Muir is calling the plays.

... and he's calling the plays Haley tells him to call!

azchiefsfan
09-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Hey TR, I am becoming quite skeptical of Haley, also. But let's not let the hate push us too far. All the preseason games and the 2 regular season games the broadcasters focused on the new play caller being Muir. It's not too difficult from watching us play this season, there is plenty of blame to go around. No need to focus on one guy.

TopekaRoy
09-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Hey TR, I am becoming quite skeptical of Haley, also. But let's not let the hate push us too far. All the preseason games and the 2 regular season games the broadcasters focused on the new play caller being Muir. It's not too difficult from watching us play this season, there is plenty of blame to go around. No need to focus on one guy.

I should have made it clear that I was just kidding ... kind of. The article says that during the week, they all come up with a game plan together and on game day Muir calls the plays that implement that game plan.

It only makes sense. Muir has to call the plays that fit Haley's vision. If he doesn't, as the head coach, Haley will have him change his play calling or start calling the plays himself.

So I wasn't actually knocking either guy. Muir calls the actual plays and the coaching staff works as a group to come up with the game plan.

azchiefsfan
09-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Cool.

Chiefster
09-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Meh; six of one, half dozen of another.

Kc-ben
09-20-2011, 07:56 PM
All I know is that there are too many people involed to be calling a run play on 3rd and 15+. Are they all that dumb??

josh1971
09-20-2011, 08:30 PM
All I know is that there are too many people involed to be calling a run play on 3rd and 15+. Are they all that dumb??

It would seem so.

"Hey, Todd, it's 3rd and 12. What do you think...?"

Haley Grins...
"Draw play?"

Muir Grins...
"Draw play!"

*High Five*

Coach
09-20-2011, 08:32 PM
I think Muir was supposed to be calling the plays but he was falling asleep during the Bills game. This is footage of that someone took of him in the booth. I like the idea of moving him back to OL coach.

But in reality, until the Chiefs stop turning the ball over 5 times a game, they aren't going to win. Period. IN fact, if we were +9 instead of -9 in the turnover category I bet we wouldn't be 0-2 despite how awful we've played.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/09/25.jpg

josh1971
09-20-2011, 08:35 PM
I think Muir was supposed to be calling the plays but he was falling asleep during the Bills game. This is footage of that someone took of him in the booth. I like the idea of moving him back to OL coach.

But in reality, until the Chiefs stop turning the ball over 5 times a game, they aren't going to win. Period. IN fact, if we were +9 instead of -9 in the turnover category I bet we wouldn't be 0-2 despite how awful we've played.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/09/25.jpg

Good- no GREAT- point. Turnovers will kill ya!

2010chiefs
09-20-2011, 08:42 PM
OMG! Muir is calling plays that are in Hailey's game plan only. That says it all right there. Hailey is a narccisstic control freak. Look at Chan Gailey lighting it up in Buffalo now averaging more points then any team in the NFL. We had him as our OC. AHHHHHHH!

Codac
09-20-2011, 11:55 PM
This won't happen. Zorn is new to the team and still learning, Muir came to KC with Haley so he knows his in's and out's.

chiefnut
09-21-2011, 10:23 AM
as much as i hate the play calling, it is the turnovers, sloppy tackling, lack of defensive stops, poor execution on offense, even special teams play that add up to 0-2

Seek
09-21-2011, 10:35 AM
Watch the games and you can clearly see Haley calling plays. From what I heard, Muir was stripped of the play calling during the half time of the Bills game.

I KNOW I saw Haley claling at least two plays last week on TV, or at least he was looking at a play card and then covered his mouth with that play card.

drstandley31
09-22-2011, 12:15 AM
Ever wonder why we don't still have Al Saunders and Mike Salori? Two of the best guys at OC and Offensive line coach in the league.

AkChief49
09-22-2011, 04:59 AM
We did not hire Al for the HC job. So he left. We have faced two other coaches that have been run out of KC, Al must be licking his chops in Faderland.