PDA

View Full Version : Whay are we not going after Sharper and Garrard?

2010chiefs
09-20-2011, 11:56 PM
Darren Sharper a veteran and pro bowl safety to replace Berry and Garrard a mobile QB to replace Cassel! What do we have to lose seriously? Give us fans some hope allready!

Codac
09-20-2011, 11:59 PM
I don't see them going after either. Just knowing Pioli. Garrard would be the more likely out of the 2, but I don't see us getting either.

2010chiefs
09-21-2011, 12:05 AM
This team needs some leadership. Waters and Vrabel must have changed that whole locker room around. I just feel that there must be answers in free agency still.

Codac
09-21-2011, 12:12 AM
In my opinion when it comes to leadership, the free agency is not where you find that. Nor is it where you find many answers when you have already started the season. I'm not saying I wouldn't love to pick up Garrard. I think he is a good insurance plan for Cassel if he doesn't pan out this season. I'm just saying it won't happen.

2010chiefs
09-21-2011, 12:22 AM
I see what your saying about the leadership in free agency. Hailey has to know he must make a change somewhere now to save his job. Where will that change be?

Codac
09-21-2011, 12:28 AM
The gameplan. Not much he can do with the roster in my opinion. We have a solid young team. And Haley being Haley isn't gonna make changes. Hopefully when Baldwin gets in the game we can air it out a bit more and balance things out.

okikcfan
09-21-2011, 08:08 AM
I my opinion it's Haley! What is it about Haley, I mean really.. Why did weiss leave after just one year? Family? I'm not too sure about that. Mybe his Harda$$ ways are backfiring or maybe he has just lost touch. Look at the way he was acting during the lions game. Dumbfounded. I liked his hard ways of last year but some thing is not the same and it really shows....

reded
09-21-2011, 09:08 AM
Something is definitely up with Haley. The first year as HC he was a grenade with a loose pin on the sidelines, last year he had a few moments of raw emotion but they were far and few between. I just assumed last year that he was kinda maturing as a HC and didn't feel the need to go ballistic every time something went wrong. This year, the guy looks like he's shell shocked, hardly any emotion on the field or in the press conferences. Can a man really chill out or burn out in 2.5 years?

jmlamerson
09-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Something is definitely up with Haley. The first year as HC he was a grenade with a loose pin on the sidelines, last year he had a few moments of raw emotion but they were far and few between. I just assumed last year that he was kinda maturing as a HC and didn't feel the need to go ballistic every time something went wrong. This year, the guy looks like he's shell shocked, hardly any emotion on the field or in the press conferences. Can a man really chill out or burn out in 2.5 years?

I think it's more that he's just overmatched this year. I think he underestimated the need for some steady vets on the lines and was just hoping that we wouldn't have any severe injuries. When you don't have a OL that can protect the QB, a 2WR that can take the pressure off of Bowe, or an OC that can scheme around these problems, what are you going to do?

SIC J
09-21-2011, 12:39 PM
From what I have heard, Sharper has already turned down several team offers. He is being picky and wants to sign with a team that he feels has a chance to go to the Super Bowl.

Jrudi
09-21-2011, 02:13 PM
From what I have heard, Sharper has already turned down several team offers. He is being picky and wants to sign with a team that he feels has a chance to go to the Super Bowl.

I could see that. Of the Two I would rather sign sharper, but what do we have that would lure him here? nothing.

I think Safety help is our biggest need right now.

#58ChiefsFan
09-21-2011, 03:09 PM
I could see that. Of the Two I would rather sign sharper, but what do we have that would lure him here? nothing.

I think Safety help is our biggest need right now.

We have $33,000,000 in cap room.

Hayvern
09-21-2011, 03:18 PM

While this is likely true, the guy has to understand barring an injury, he is not going to make it on a Super Bowl caliber team.

I wish we could go after a veteran or two though. Oh well.

Canada
09-21-2011, 03:31 PM
I would rather find out what we have in Ricky Stanzi before we go out and get Garrard.

Coach
09-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Darren Garper > Jon McGraw

Canada
09-21-2011, 04:46 PM
^^^I saw that guy in Detroit last weekend!!

2010chiefs
09-21-2011, 09:38 PM
I read that Todd Hailey is not worried about losing his job and Matt Cassel thinks everything is fine between Todd and Scott. If that's true that is a big problem. If he thinks it's ok to start the season the way he has then get his butt out of there. Show some damn emotion and for gods sake tell your players we are playing to win the super bowl now!!!!!! Why else do you play the frickin game.

Canada
09-22-2011, 07:49 AM
I read that Todd Hailey is not worried about losing his job and Matt Cassel thinks everything is fine between Todd and Scott. If that's true that is a big problem. If he thinks it's ok to start the season the way he has then get his butt out of there. Show some damn emotion and for gods sake tell your players we are playing to win the super bowl now!!!!!! Why else do you play the frickin game.Hello??
Herm Edwards "You play to win the game!" - YouTube

Drunker Hillbilly
09-22-2011, 05:56 PM
I think there are problems beyond the playing field with in this team. I can't quote one particular person but I have heard on 3 different occasions, 2 of which were national radio talk shows, that there are true dis functional differences between Haley and Pioli. Differences that are affecting the play on the field as well as in the locker room.

Has anyone else heard anything about this? If true, this in itself could affect the overall attitude and performance of the organization as a whole.

chiefnut
09-23-2011, 09:30 AM
i'd take that $33 million and give it to bill cower!!!!!!!

Canada
09-23-2011, 03:26 PM
i'd take that $33 million and give it to bill cower!!!!!!!I think they should give the $33 million back to the fans. I still think Haley owes me $100 plus gas money for last game!!

H-townChiefsFan
09-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Being in Houston and seeing AFC south football for quite some time, I would not have any interest in Gerrard at all. Im with Canada, Id rather see what Stanzi has.

C Louie
09-23-2011, 04:19 PM
I think they should give the $33 million back to the fans. I still think Haley owes me $100 plus gas money for last game!!
I agree. We should send him a bill.

In my optomistic state in the offseason, I bought tickets to the Jets game in December as well. Oh well at least I got my flight and hotel on AIRMILES.