PDA

View Full Version : Negative article in Forbes about Matt Cassel

figcrostic
09-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Matt Cassel - Tom Van Riper - Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eddf45ejhi/matt-cassel)

Matt Cassel
Kansas City Chiefs Quarterback Salary: $12.25 million Tom Brady’s former backup is coming off nice a 2010 - 8th in passer rating and a Pro Bowl appearance. But the second highest QB salary in the league seems excessive.

I do agree he's overpaid but I'm still not calling for his head like some of you guys.

jmlamerson
09-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Matt Cassel - Tom Van Riper - Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eddf45ejhi/matt-cassel)

Matt Cassel
Kansas City Chiefs Quarterback Salary: $12.25 million Tom Brady’s former backup is coming off nice a 2010 - 8th in passer rating and a Pro Bowl appearance. But the second highest QB salary in the league seems excessive.

I do agree he's overpaid but I'm still not calling for his head like some of you guys.

It matters 0% how much Cassel is paid. We're so far under the cap that we could be paying him double and it wouldn't matter a whit to the team's performance.

OPLookn
09-22-2011, 12:43 PM
It matters 0% how much Cassel is paid. We're so far under the cap that we could be paying him double and it wouldn't matter a whit to the team's performance.

So if you have a couple hundred bucks left over after you pay all your bills every month you don't mind paying double for a few grocery trips do you? I mean you have enough money left over to afford it after all. C'mon man! Over paying is over paying no matter how you cut it.

figcrostic
09-22-2011, 12:55 PM

I don't think it's the matter of having the money, I think the reason people say he is overpaid has more to do with the fact that for the amount he is paid we could get a better QB, an equally good QB plus fill some holes on our roster, etc.

jmlamerson
09-22-2011, 03:50 PM
So if you have a couple hundred bucks left over after you pay all your bills every month you don't mind paying double for a few grocery trips do you? I mean you have enough money left over to afford it after all. C'mon man! Over paying is over paying no matter how you cut it.

We're not paying for it. I don't care how much money *you* have left, only me.

jmlamerson
09-22-2011, 03:51 PM
I don't think it's the matter of having the money, I think the reason people say he is overpaid has more to do with the fact that for the amount he is paid we could get a better QB, an equally good QB plus fill some holes on our roster, etc.

We have the cap room to do that now. Our owner is just cheap. It isn't Cassel's fault he got overpaid. It's bad GMing.

OPLookn
09-22-2011, 04:05 PM
We're not paying for it. I don't care how much money *you* have left, only me.

I could care less how much money *you* have left at the end of the month but if you have extra left over go ahead and pay extra. You must have missed the whole point of the previous post and if you didn't then you just refuse to acknowledge it.

TopekaRoy
09-22-2011, 05:58 PM
I don't know what you two are arguing about. Both of your points are valid, and pretty much unrelated.

Cassel is overpaid for what he does and paying him any less wouldn't make the Chiefs any better. It would give the Chiefs more money to sign/pay other players but the Chiefs are way below the salary cap, anyway, so money isn't the problem. Finding players that fit areas of need is. That stems from a problem in evaluating both current talent and talent that was available in free agency.

figcrostic
09-22-2011, 07:29 PM
I don't know what you two are arguing about. Both of your points are valid, and pretty much unrelated.

Cassel is overpaid for what he does and paying him any less wouldn't make the Chiefs any better. It would give the Chiefs more money to sign/pay other players but the Chiefs are way below the salary cap, anyway, so money isn't the problem. Finding players that fit areas of need is. That stems from a problem in evaluating both current talent and talent that was available in free agency.

Correct but it doesn't seem like the Chiefs are eager to find new high level talent.

2010chiefs
09-22-2011, 11:16 PM
When I say Cassel is over paid, to me it translates to bad managemant because they put all there eggs in one basket with a non proven QB. That because he is over paid we are obligated to start him despite his piss poor performance. That because he is over paid it shows our teams poor decision making because there are so many other holes on our team that have not been addressed including QB! As long as we can cut our losses with him next year, then yeah who cares. But for now it just adds to the sting!