PDA

View Full Version : The Last Real QB that wear a KC Jersey

alexim58
09-24-2011, 01:24 AM
I was lookin into youtube and I found this cool vid, IMO Trent Green ws the last real deal we got at QB. He shows passion and desire.
http://youtu.be/T9X40jotOQ4

alexim58
09-24-2011, 01:29 AM
Man, as much I see this video ... I saw a guy that earn respect from his teamates ven he was the biggest, strong arm QB. But he just make no mistakes, makes his RB/WR/TE/OL much easier their duties.

AussieChief
09-24-2011, 03:46 AM
I have said right from the get go that we were idiots for getting rid of him, along with Tony Gonzalez.

chiefnut
09-24-2011, 07:37 AM
I have said right from the get go that we were idiots for getting rid of him, along with Tony Gonzalez.

Trent did a great job but his career was done when he left

alexim58
09-24-2011, 08:17 AM
Man, as much I see this video ... I saw a guy that earn respect from his teamates ven he was the biggest, strong arm QB. But he just make no mistakes, makes his RB/WR/TE/OL much easier their duties.
I mean even he wasn't the biggest or strong arm QB

Hayvern
09-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Look at the amount of time he had to throw some of those balls.

Every play that you can count the time on was at least 4 seconds of time for him to throw. Granted some of the plays are slowed down, but most were not.

When Trent Green played, you have to agree not only did we have a legitimate quarterback, we also had a legitimate offensive line and a pretty damn good running back in Priest Holmes.

THis is not to take anything away from Green, he was an awesome quarterback with an awesome last name! I just wish Cassel had the same offensive line today that Green had then just to see what he really has.

figcrostic
09-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Trent had maybe one of the best OL's in the history of the NFL that said he was a great QB and seems like a great guy and is becoming a good commentator for the Chiefs. In my opinion he is very underrated with a decent defense I believe that offense would have beat any team.

SIC J
09-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Look at the amount of time he had to throw some of those balls.

Every play that you can count the time on was at least 4 seconds of time for him to throw. Granted some of the plays are slowed down, but most were not.

When Trent Green played, you have to agree not only did we have a legitimate quarterback, we also had a legitimate offensive line and a pretty damn good running back in Priest Holmes.

THis is not to take anything away from Green, he was an awesome quarterback with an awesome last name! I just wish Cassel had the same offensive line today that Green had then just to see what he really has.

I agree. That OL enabled Green to play to his full potential.

alexim58
09-24-2011, 12:46 PM
I agree that the OL and "The Priest" back then helps Green to reach his potential, but also Trent was a great at Execution ..

josh1971
09-24-2011, 01:49 PM

We didn't "get rid of" Tony Gonzalez. Ole' whiny butt decided he valued a piece of jewelry he'll never get in Atlanta more than he valued playing for KC.

Sick Dog
09-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Wow...that's beautiful I could watch that all day...thanks

alexim58
09-24-2011, 11:32 PM
Wow...that's beautiful I could watch that all day...thanks
You are Welcome Pal !

AussieChiefsFan
09-25-2011, 12:46 AM
Obviously Green was an amazing player but the Offensive line was elite. If we had that line now (with JC and Moeaki back) we'd notice a much better offense.

When I heard TG was gone I was literally depressed for a few days. he was my favorite player.

iratefan
09-25-2011, 12:15 PM
ugh - now i actually remember what it was like to watch the chiefs pass more than 80 yards a game for more than 5 yards at a time. now im just flat out sad.

BTW Green still go crushed and punished for making some of those throws and they were still dead on and some for TD's. I remember being wary of him when he first started for us but definitely proved he had the right stuff.

chief31
09-25-2011, 12:47 PM
ugh - now i actually remember what it was like to watch the chiefs pass more than 80 yards a game for more than 5 yards at a time. now im just flat out sad.

BTW Green still go crushed and punished for making some of those throws and they were still dead on and some for TD's. I remember being wary of him when he first started for us but definitely proved he had the right stuff.

NOTE: As soon as Roaf left, Green's career basically ended, due to injury.

He had started 80 straight games, prior to that.

Yep. He got sacked with that O-line. But it was generally after having had an adequate amount of time. Rarely did that group allow immediate pressure.

dietsch
09-25-2011, 12:58 PM
We didn't "get rid of" Tony Gonzalez. Ole' whiny butt decided he valued a piece of jewelry he'll never get in Atlanta more than he valued playing for KC.

1. Atl is much closer than kc is right now.

2. Most every player would leave for that "piece of jewelry" if they thought the opportunity was better. Its what they play the game for.

alexim58
09-25-2011, 11:58 PM
IMO .. Today's last cASSel Int. gives more sense that Trent was the last real QB we got. At least today our D looks quite better.

AussieChief
09-26-2011, 12:17 AM
IMO .. Today's last cASSel Int. gives more sense that Trent was the last real QB we got. At least today our D looks quite better.

That was the worst intercept. Even the commentators couldn't believe it.

I agree. I saw a lot of positives out of our D. But didn't Bowe look good when he had the ball in his hands.