PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Ryan Succop!

Ryfo18
09-25-2011, 04:31 PM
Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out. He's lost his mojo. There are plenty of good kickers out there looking for jobs.

AussieChief
09-25-2011, 04:40 PM
He's having a shocker.

chief31
09-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Agreed. He is one out of four on FG attempts.

He has to go.

matthewschiefs
09-25-2011, 04:44 PM
And it started so well for him.

josh1971
09-25-2011, 07:15 PM
And if he makes one or two of those, we're in OT, or we've won the game. So everyone is putting it on Matt, but...

Isawa_mo
09-25-2011, 07:24 PM
He only missed one today...

He is in a slump, there is no doubt. I am still not ready to throw him to the curb. This is a lost season anyhow, lets see if he can pull out of the slump as the season progresses.

His misses in the other games certainly did not lose those...

Ryfo18
09-25-2011, 07:32 PM

He is in a slump, there is no doubt. I am still not ready to throw him to the curb. This is a lost season anyhow, lets see if he can pull out of the slump as the season progresses.

He kicked at a 76.9% last year, ranking him 24th among kickers. He sucks. Missing 38-yard field goals is inexcusable.

josh1971
09-25-2011, 07:53 PM

Yeah, I kinda caught up to that once I read more closely- I really shouldn't try to keep up with the games from my phone while on horseback. :D

AussieChiefsFan
09-26-2011, 04:25 AM
This gives a new meaning to "Only remembering the bad". Sure he's been doing bad (really bad) this year but he played really well last year and in his rookie year.

Three7s
09-26-2011, 10:45 AM
This gives a new meaning to "Only remembering the bad". Sure he's been doing bad (really bad) this year but he played really well last year and in his rookie year.
Nope, he wasn't very good last year either.

Ryfo18
09-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Nope, he wasn't very good last year either.

Exactly. This is a win-now league. I saw Haley gave him a vote of confidence...I don't get it.

Seek
09-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Please name the other good kickers our there looking for a job. Seriously!!!! I am not defending him, but who are you going to replace him with.

Ryfo18
09-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Shayne Graham
Dave Rayner
Jeff Reed
Kris Brown

Seek
09-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Shayne Graham
Dave Rayner
Jeff Reed
Kris Brown

Graham misses Extra Points and has a weak leg regarding kick offs. I am pretty sure his missed Extra points is a reason he is unemployed.

Dave Rayner was a Chief and got the job after Medlock blew up. He consistenty missed the close kicks, including a game losing kick against the Raiders.

Jeff Reed is about an 81% career kicker, whose stats have dropped dramatically after leaving Pittsburgh. This is a reason he is unemployed. Strong Leg though.

Brown may grab my interest, but he is 35 years old and for some reason can't keep his job from teams that needed a Kicker.

chief31
09-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Graham misses Extra Points and has a weak leg regarding kick offs. I am pretty sure his missed Extra points is a reason he is unemployed.

Dave Rayner was a Chief and got the job after Medlock blew up. He consistenty missed the close kicks, including a game losing kick against the Raiders.

Jeff Reed is about an 81% career kicker, whose stats have dropped dramatically after leaving Pittsburgh. This is a reason he is unemployed. Strong Leg though.

Brown may grab my interest, but he is 35 years old and for some reason can't keep his job from teams that needed a Kicker.

Every last one of them, and countless uinknowns, could challenge two out of five.

Connie Jo
09-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Ryan is in a slump, but I do believe in him and that he will come out of it. Possibly he is struggling with a minor injury, or similar issue with his kicking leg? Some injuries take longer to heal than others...he could've easily injured himself last season & is not fully recovered yet.

I don't know, just saying you don't go from being ranked among the top kickers in the NFL during 2009 to one in the 20's the following season without a justified reason. I feel the Chiefs would have replaced him during off season if they didn't believe what ever the problem is, that he wouldn't recover. They know and see things we as fans don't. We only see what occurs on the field, not behind the scenes.

I have no doubt the person most upset with Ryan Succop is himself right now...fan's kicking him while he's down will only result in his morale and confidence lowering, which is the worst thing that could happen when an athlete is attempting to work through struggles. Ryan has the ability and talent to produce, his 2009 season is proof of that. I'm hoping in time he will once again be as he was in 2009...one of the top NFL kickers...he's very young, he has time to recover from whatever the issue is causing him to miss some field goals he shouldn't be.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

chief31
09-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Ryan is in a slump, but I do believe in him and that he will come out of it. Possibly he is struggling with a minor injury, or similar issue with his kicking leg? Some injuries take longer to heal than others...he could've easily injured himself last season & is not fully recovered yet.

I don't know, just saying you don't go from being ranked among the top kickers in the NFL during 2009 to one in the 20's the following season without a justified reason. I feel the Chiefs would have replaced him during off season if they didn't believe what ever the problem is, that he wouldn't recover. They know and see things we as fans don't. We only see what occurs on the field, not behind the scenes.

I have no doubt the person most upset with Ryan Succop is himself right now...fan's kicking him while he's down will only result in his morale and confidence lowering, which is the worst thing that could happen when an athlete is attempting to work through struggles. Ryan has the ability and talent to produce, his 2009 season is proof of that. I'm hoping in time he will once again be as he was in 2009...one of the top NFL kickers...he's very young, he has time to recover from whatever the issue is causing him to miss some field goals he shouldn't be.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

Well, we will see what the staff does with the situation. But there is no way that he can afford another miss for the next couple of weeks.

No matter the reason, you just can not keep starting a guy who is struggling this badly.

He may be the nicest guy to ever live. But if you can't kick FGs, then you can't be a FG kicker in The NFL.

Seek
09-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Every last one of them, and countless uinknowns, could challenge two out of five.

I know I could. I was a kicker in college. He generall was pretty accurate and just needs to focus on what got him where he is today.

Based on the logic you are stating, Colquitt needs to go to, becuase he has shanked many a punts this season.

chief31
09-27-2011, 05:10 PM
I know I could. I was a kicker in college. He generall was pretty accurate and just needs to focus on what got him where he is today.

Based on the logic you are stating, Colquitt needs to go to, becuase he has shanked many a punts this season.

My logic goes a little further than that. It's a lot easier to to forgive ten yards of field position than eliminating nine points from the scoreboard.

H-townChiefsFan
09-27-2011, 11:56 PM
we havnt had a good kicker since Nick the Kick!

Connie Jo
09-28-2011, 02:10 AM
we havnt had a good kicker since Nick the Kick!

We've had some great kickers, but they were let go by CP:

Morton Anderson
Pete Stojanovich (sp?)

Also, Lawrence Tynes was rated #2 in the NFL in 2005-2006, somewhere about then, Robbie Gould was #1 with the Bears. For whatever reason, CP sent Tynes packing and the Giants signed him QUICK!! That next season Tynes did great with the Giants too, AND he kicked the winning FG that won the Giants their Super Bowl! Sweet Karma for Tynes...he got a SB ring...CP didn't!!

I think CP might have had an issue with Tynes because of the scuffle he got into while the Chiefs were in Minnesota for a game, I think it was MN?. Trent Green was involved in that scuffle too, defending his friend & teammate Tynes.

Three7s
09-28-2011, 08:56 AM
We've had some great kickers, but they were let go by CP:

Morton Anderson
Pete Stojanovich (sp?)

Also, Lawrence Tynes was rated #2 in the NFL in 2005-2006, somewhere about then, Robbie Gould was #1 with the Bears. For whatever reason, CP sent Tynes packing and the Giants signed him QUICK!! That next season Tynes did great with the Giants too, AND he kicked the winning FG that won the Giants their Super Bowl! Sweet Karma for Tynes...he got a SB ring...CP didn't!!

I think CP might have had an issue with Tynes because of the scuffle he got into while the Chiefs were in Minnesota for a game, I think it was MN?. Trent Green was involved in that scuffle too, defending his friend & teammate Tynes.
We let him go because he missed too many extra points.

Connie Jo
09-28-2011, 12:06 PM
We let him go because he missed too many extra points.

I don't remember him missing FG's often. I know he was rated #2 and accurate in 2005, cause I had Tynes on my FF team and he helped me win the Championship that year, hahaha. ;)

He did well in New York, regardless, hahaha. I'm happy for him that he kicked the SB winning goal, has a SB ring. :)

Ryfo18
09-28-2011, 02:55 PM
It sounds like they're not bailing on Succop. I really do hope the kid comes around, but nothing about his performance over the last 2 years says that he will...

chief31
09-28-2011, 07:13 PM
It sounds like they're not bailing on Succop. I really do hope the kid comes around, but nothing about his performance over the last 2 years says that he will...

Ditto.

I fully expected to hear that we had brought in a challenger. And, if he happens to miss again soon, I will expect it again.

But I would much rather he gets it together on his own.

Seek
09-29-2011, 09:00 AM
My logic goes a little further than that. It's a lot easier to to forgive ten yards of field position than eliminating nine points from the scoreboard.

My logic goes further. The Chiefs offense as a whole went zero yards in 5 plays after K. Lewis put them in great position to score. So instead of pointing the blame at the kicker, I am upset the Chiefs failed to capitalize on the turn over.

chief31
09-29-2011, 11:31 AM
My logic goes further. The Chiefs offense as a whole went zero yards in 5 plays after K. Lewis put them in great position to score. So instead of pointing the blame at the kicker, I am upset the Chiefs failed to capitalize on the turn over.

So you don't blame kickers for missing FGs?

That is truly some DEEEEEEP logic there.:lol:

chief31
09-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Based on the logic you are stating....

My logic goes a little further than that.

My logic goes further.

:booyah: :sign0142:
Darn!

I wished you would have informed me that it was a game of "one-upmanship".

I was just trying to explain how "my logic" as you described it, was not what you were making it out to be.

Had I known you were going to abandon that discussion to try and show who can be the most "deep" in their thoughts.....

.....I wouldn't have bothered.:party-smiley-048:

(Just ribbin' ya)

Chiefster
09-29-2011, 11:49 AM
:booyah: :sign0142:
Darn!

I wished you would have informed me that it was a game of "one-upmanship".

I was just trying to explain how "my logic" as you described it, was not what you were making it out to be.

Had I known you were going to abandon that discussion to try and show who can be the most "deep" in their thoughts.....

.....I wouldn't have bothered.:party-smiley-048:

(Just ribbin' ya)

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/06/14.jpg
Riiiiiiiiibs

tornadospotter
09-29-2011, 10:22 PM
I do like Ribs dripping with BBQ sauce!

Connie Jo
09-29-2011, 10:43 PM

Yep! I've made that point myself often over the years when kickers are blamed for missing a field goal, especially a winning one. If only...then the kicker wouldn't have been put in the position to be a fall guy for the entire team.

A team wins together and loses together.

tornadospotter
09-29-2011, 10:51 PM
I for one, am tired of the revolving place kickers thing we have had for some time. I hope we keep Ryan and build him up in our support. I think he can become another Great Chiefs Kicker! I not ready to throw him away.

chief31
09-30-2011, 12:01 AM
Yep! I've made that point myself often over the years when kickers are blamed for missing a field goal, especially a winning one. If only...then the kicker wouldn't have been put in the position to be a fall guy for the entire team.

A team wins together and loses together.

The kicker misses three of his first four kicks by himself.

I mean, there could be a bad snap/hold, or a blocked kick. But that has not been the case.

I don't put any of the losses on him. But I do hold him responsible for missing more than he hits.

TopekaRoy
09-30-2011, 01:10 AM
To be fair to Ryan two of those missed FGs were between 40 and 50 yards were most kickers only make 50 to 60%. One was a 49 yarder and the other was 44 yards, but that was indoors so he still should have made it. There is no excuse for missing the 33 yd FG, that's for sure. I'll give him a pas on one of the long ones so he should be 4 of 5 right now instead of 2 of 5. Let's hope all of kicks in the next couple of games are extra points and FGs inside the 40. If the offense can't get into the red zone, they should share in the blame for 2 of those missed FGs.

kcvet
09-30-2011, 11:24 AM
we don't need anymore kickers with mental disturbance's. been there done that

Connie Jo
09-30-2011, 08:29 PM
The kicker misses three of his first four kicks by himself.

I mean, there could be a bad snap/hold, or a blocked kick. But that has not been the case.

I don't put any of the losses on him. But I do hold him responsible for missing more than he hits.

Oh, he needs to make the majority, no doubt about it. I just think there's more to his missing & struggling than meets the fans eye. I think Ryan has incredible talent, he proved it his rookie year no less. There has to be more to his missing than simply lack of talent/ability.

Connie Jo
09-30-2011, 08:32 PM
we don't need anymore kickers with mental disturbance's. been there done that

Huh?

Ryan doesn't have mental disturbances. Unless you know something a majority of fans don't?? I talk to Ryan on FB...he seems as rational as they come. He's also very spiritual, strong faith in God. I guarantee no fan is more upset with Ryan than Ryan is himself when he misses.

kilobytes
10-01-2011, 12:42 AM
Huh?

Ryan doesn't have mental disturbances. Unless you know something a majority of fans don't?? I talk to Ryan on FB...he seems as rational as they come. He's also very spiritual, strong faith in God. I guarantee no fan is more upset with Ryan than Ryan is himself when he misses.

If you are talking about the FB profile I think you are talking about, I think that one is a fake. It's a fan page for him and it seems out of character for him to create one for himself. Some of what he said, just doesn't seem like something he would say. He has a real one with 3000 friends, most of which are from South Carolina.

chief31
10-01-2011, 02:17 PM
To be fair to Ryan two of those missed FGs were between 40 and 50 yards were most kickers only make 50 to 60%. One was a 49 yarder and the other was 44 yards, but that was indoors so he still should have made it. There is no excuse for missing the 33 yd FG, that's for sure. I'll give him a pas on one of the long ones so he should be 4 of 5 right now instead of 2 of 5. Let's hope all of kicks in the next couple of games are extra points and FGs inside the 40. If the offense can't get into the red zone, they should share in the blame for 2 of those missed FGs.

He can have one of those, and he has still been terrible.

I really want him to succeed. But he is responsible for where the kick goes, after his foot hits it, and that has been ugly.

azchiefsfan
10-01-2011, 02:46 PM
He can really suck up a field, can't he? (: I am less prone to give Suckup leeway as I am Cassel. The reason being, except for a botched snap and placement, he makes it or doesnt. Since the snap and placements haven't been the issue, it means he has been sucking up the field (: I don't think we should throw him overboard, yet. But if it continues much longer, he has got to go Suckup somebodies else's field.

tornadospotter
10-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Yep, Lets throw our sucky kicker under the bus. Why did we ever waste the last pick of that draft for him?

AussieChiefsFan
10-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Yep, Lets throw our sucky kicker under the bus. Why did we ever waste the last pick of that draft for him?

I know! Its not like he makes 50+ field goals or anything!

tornadospotter
10-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Ryan is really sucking today!

tornadospotter
10-02-2011, 03:20 PM
I know! Its not like he makes 50+ field goals or anything!
It really sucks to have a kicker like him!

AussieChiefsFan

I know ay!

chief31

No. But he really sucked for the other three games.:lol:

Sick Dog
10-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Yes but a champ today and you know the saying you are only as good as your last game...or in this case kick!

chief31
10-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Bottom line is that this game goes a LOOOOOONG way toward erasing the first three games.

No doubt, it makes me feel a whole lot better about him.

tornadospotter
10-02-2011, 04:31 PM
This was a huge victory for all of the Chief Nation!

GarH
10-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Who will the knee jerk fans have to focus on now. It's getting harder to focus on TJ also.

tornadospotter
10-02-2011, 04:49 PM
I for one will be still focused on Cassel! It took something on the sidelines between the HC and QB! Then things started to happen on the field! What the Hell is that all about? If that is what it takes, I want the pissed off Cassel! Seemed to make him play better.

Seek
10-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Bottom line is that this game goes a LOOOOOONG way toward erasing the first three games.

No doubt, it makes me feel a whole lot better about him.

Based on this logic...... Just kidding. You know succop was missing everything in warms ups until the snapper and holder practiced with him then he was golden?

I am glad he got refocused this week.

chief31
10-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Based on this logic...... Just kidding. You know succop was missing everything in warms ups until the snapper and holder practiced with him then he was golden?

I am glad he got refocused this week.

Well, I absolutely hope that does the trick. :D

Sn@keIze
10-03-2011, 05:24 AM
my honest opinion and i could be wrong.

Ryan Succop found this thread.

Chiefs players do find this site. Just google it.

You dont think players google thier own name and stumble on here?

It's threads like this that lite a fire under these players sometimes are just what these guys need.

Great job today ryan.

Ryfo18
10-03-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm glad that Ryan finally got it together...Great job by him yesterday, as well as the rest of the team.

And I wouldn't see my reaction was "knee-jerk" at all. Succop's field goal percentage in 2010 was good enough to rank him 32nd out of 39 total kickers. Combine that with his rough start this season, it was by no means a knee-jerk reaction.

azchiefsfan
10-03-2011, 01:24 PM
He can really suck up a field, can't he? (: I am less prone to give Suckup leeway as I am Cassel. The reason being, except for a botched snap and placement, he makes it or doesnt. Since the snap and placements haven't been the issue, it means he has been sucking up the field (: I don't think we should throw him overboard, yet. But if it continues much longer, he has got to go Suckup somebodies else's field.

I was NOT someone calling for him to be cut, by the way.

honda522
10-03-2011, 02:27 PM
I didn't wanna start anything last week, so I didn't post on this thread. I thought this was the dumbest thread I've seen in awhile, and my thoughts still stand. The whole team was struggling so everyone was talking about who needed to go. I hope people realzie how bad the lockout was for the Chiefs.

Ryfo18
10-03-2011, 02:41 PM
I didn't wanna start anything last week, so I didn't post on this thread. I thought this was the dumbest thread I've seen in awhile, and my thoughts still stand. The whole team was struggling so everyone was talking about who needed to go. I hope people realzie how bad the lockout was for the Chiefs.

I don't want to hear the lockout as an excuse for the Chiefs doing bad, b/c it affected every team in the NFL.

And with all due respect, this is the dumbest thread I've seen in a while: Who paid the refs? - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18000)

honda522
10-03-2011, 02:44 PM
I don't want to hear the lockout as an excuse for the Chiefs doing bad, b/c it affected every team in the NFL.

And with all due respect, this is the dumbest thread I've seen in a while: Who paid the refs? - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18000)

Really, your going to go there? I never said anything about the Chiefs losing cause of penalties, I just felt like they were getting ripped off by the refs.

Ryfo18
10-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Really, your going to go there? I never said anything about the Chiefs losing cause of penalties, I just felt like they were getting ripped off by the refs.

I'm merely saying, calling for a kicker's head after starting off the season 2/5 (one a 38-yarder, another indoors), after finishing up a season in which he was the 32nd worst kicker in the league from a percentage standpoint, was not out of line by me at all.

I admitted, Ryan did A LOT, to prove me wrong in Sunday's game. Good for him, I really hope he keeps it up. I'll gladly accept being wrong on this issue and move on.

Seek
10-03-2011, 05:51 PM
my honest opinion and i could be wrong.

Ryan Succop found this thread.

Chiefs players do find this site. Just google it.

You dont think players google thier own name and stumble on here?

It's threads like this that lite a fire under these players sometimes are just what these guys need.

Great job today ryan.

I think that as most players, he probably took the misses personal. I am sure the coaches and the players let him know about it as well as the fans.

One thing I also noticed was his kick offs were much futher than normal. He only let one of them be returned yesterday.

OPLookn
10-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Who will the knee jerk fans have to focus on now. It's getting harder to focus on TJ also.

Well there you go making sense around here. We can't have that! I just hope that TJ can keep up any good work that he's been doing. Unfortunately I haven't been able to watch more than just one game this year due to working and getting engaged. But I completely intend to fix that this weekend!

On to another W!

chief31
10-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Hey... When you miss three out of your first four FG attempts, if you are not on the hotseat, then you own the team.

:lol:

josh1971
10-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Did anyone post this?

K RYAN SUCCOP NAMED AFC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/K-RYAN-SUCCOP-NAMED-AFC-SPECIAL-TEAMS-PLAYER-OF-THE-WEEK/cddbbb63-5bc9-4df1-877b-95a873479444)

JB

tornadospotter
10-06-2011, 12:10 AM
I for one, am tired of the revolving place kickers thing we have had for some time. I hope we keep Ryan and build him up in our support. I think he can become another Great Chiefs Kicker! I not ready to throw him away.

It really sucks to have a kicker like him!

No. But he really sucked for the other three games.:lol:

Did anyone post this?

K RYAN SUCCOP NAMED AFC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/K-RYAN-SUCCOP-NAMED-AFC-SPECIAL-TEAMS-PLAYER-OF-THE-WEEK/cddbbb63-5bc9-4df1-877b-95a873479444)

JB
Ryan really Sucks! Mr last pick of his draft class, that was thrown under the bus, did what? Here is to Ryan kicking his way back into some favor of the Crowd! :bananen_smilies046: