PDA

View Full Version : matt cassel and succop

marloweopatchiefs
09-25-2011, 07:18 PM
Thanks for losing a game we should have won. Succop makes that field goal we would be tied. Cassel actually makes a good pass to pope only to throw a int on a screen.

josh1971
09-25-2011, 07:18 PM
THAT field goal? How about any of the others he whiffed on?

chief31
09-25-2011, 07:20 PM
THAT field goal? How about any of the others he whiffed on?

He only missed one today.

1-4 was his season total at that point. He is now 2 out of five.

matthewschiefs
09-25-2011, 07:21 PM
They were not the only ones to blow it.

The defense had chances at 3 other turnovers didnt get it done. ANd all the 3rd down conversions Cassel and succop didn't have anything to do with those.

The coaches. WHY THE HELL did they not put a hurry in the offense with under 10 mins to play in the 4th down 10. Why the hell they they blow all 3 timeouts.

All these things hurt to.

marloweopatchiefs
09-25-2011, 07:24 PM
The D held through to give the offense a chance. Cassel fups up again

chief31
09-25-2011, 07:25 PM
They were not the only ones to blow it.

The defense had chances at 3 other turnovers didnt get it done. ANd all the 3rd down conversions Cassel and succop didn't have anything to do with those.

The coaches. WHY THE HELL did they not put a hurry in the offense with under 10 mins to play in the 4th down 10. Why the hell they they blow all 3 timeouts.

All these things hurt to.

That's the biggest problem I saw. That, and the refusal to open up the offense, horrible pass blocking, or not.

The play-calling, even after it resulted on absolutely nothing in the first half, continued to be based around a running game, while our running game revolves around the rare big play.

With that type of running game, you really can't count on it to carry the offense. But it would make an excellent compliment to a passing offense.

matthewschiefs
09-25-2011, 07:34 PM
That's the biggest problem I saw. That, and the refusal to open up the offense, horrible pass blocking, or not.

The play-calling, even after it resulted on absolutely nothing in the first half, continued to be based around a running game, while our running game revolves around the rare big play.

With that type of running game, you really can't count on it to carry the offense. But it would make an excellent compliment to a passing offense.

The playcalling is anther thing. Like when we were driveing had 3rd and 11 we run the ball. WHY? We could have taken a shot in the endzone. This one I am more ticked at Haley as he is the head coach then anyone eles. This loss is more coaching related i think

josh1971
09-25-2011, 07:47 PM
He only missed one today.

1-4 was his season total at that point. He is now 2 out of five.

D'OH! Stupid phone! I was on a horse, and just read 1-4, so I thought that was today. Still, he makes that one he missed, we're tied.

KCraised
09-25-2011, 08:40 PM
The playcalling is anther thing. Like when we were driveing had 3rd and 11 we run the ball. WHY? We could have taken a shot in the endzone. This one I am more ticked at Haley as he is the head coach then anyone eles. This loss is more coaching related i think

This one was the standout to me. I saw you called it when it happened...that was one shot at the endzone. And you give it to a guy having a bad day. A game changer

matthewschiefs
09-25-2011, 08:45 PM
This one was the standout to me. I saw you called it when it happened...that was one shot at the endzone. And you give it to a guy having a bad day. A game changer

Yeah. That and the lack of a hurry in the offense down 10 with about 5mins to go in the 4th are the two biggest things that stand out to me. The Coaching staff has to be better then that. That's just going to get you fired. Something that right now they deserve.

SIC J
09-26-2011, 02:14 AM
Yeah. That and the lack of a hurry in the offense down 10 with about 5mins to go in the 4th are the two biggest things that stand out to me. The Coaching staff has to be better then that. That's just going to get you fired. Something that right now they deserve.

I thought maybe it was the horrible play calling in the entire 1st half leading to 0 first downs. But hey, only a few bad plays out of 48 mins mean something right? LOL

AussieChiefsFan
09-26-2011, 03:16 AM
Even with all these mistakes aside. They could have won this when the D help up on 4th down and did their job. But then Cassel..... Well you know.

chief31
09-26-2011, 02:46 PM

I don't think it is another thing.

I think it is the very base of all the Cassel talk.

I am still hearing how last year's Chiefs were "30th in passing" as some tool to bash Cassel with.

And the lack of passing yardage, which, again, is how they want this offense to work, lots of rushing, small passing yardage, is the very same tool being used, by a lot of people.

Not throwing downfield enough.

Well, Cassel is running the offense just how the staff wants him to.

Some mistakes happen. Some of them quite bone-headed.

But that is what happens when the entire offense is redesigned like this.

There are growing pains in a lot of areas.

It's what I expected.

Many had lofty ecpectations, even though Todd Haley warned that this team would not be legit for another year or two.

And some have been hiding from the amazing successes of 2010, just waiting for an opportunity to pounce.

And here they are, starting countless threads on the same one, or two, subjects.

honda522
09-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Instead of going for the field goal shouldn't you have blamed the OL for the holding call? It was 3rd and 1 and might have been 4th and 1 if not for the holding call. Field goals are for the game winner, not for your first score.