I see "intense, focused, serious."

What do you see?

kcvet
09-26-2011, 02:24 PM
55 secs left and another loss??? how secure is my job

chief31
09-26-2011, 02:51 PM
55 secs left and another loss??? how secure is my job

Did you happen to reel in a fourty million dollar account that nobody ever thought was possible, last year?

If so, then you are going to get some leeway.

These guys gave us a great gift, that only the "homers" could have ever imagined, last year.

And, because they made fools of so many of us, we now have those who are bitter about it, scavenging like buzzards, while we struggle to regain our footing.

Sorry guys. But when you bring in the big fish, some mistakes will be tolerated for a bit.

kcvet
09-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Did you happen to reel in a fourty million dollar account that nobody ever thought was possible, last year?

These guys gave us a great gift, that only the "homers" could have ever imagined, last year.

And, because they made fools of so many of us, we now have those who are bitter about it, scavenging like buzzards, while we struggle to regain our footing.

Sorry guys. But when you bring in the big fish, some mistakes will be tolerated for a bit.

don't preach to me about loyalty. I sat out there all thru the 70's and mid 80's. tell me. are YOU willing to sit thru a 2-14 season???
a great season last year. well whoopty F'n do. ever hear of what have you done for me lately??? how bout an 0-3 start and laffin stock of the NFL

jb908
09-26-2011, 03:31 PM
I see a face that says... Thank god a got rid of the dead weight Chan Gailey. That man can't prepare football players

chief31
09-26-2011, 03:42 PM
don't preach to me about loyalty. I sat out there all thru the 70's and mid 80's. tell me. are YOU willing to sit thru a 2-14 season???
a great season last year. well whoopty F'n do. ever hear of what have you done for me lately??? how bout an 0-3 start and laffin stock of the NFL

Don't tell you, Mr. "What have you done for me lately" about loyalty?!?!

You asked a question, about how much leeway you might get at your job, and I responded.

When you vastly exceed expectations, then it absolutely buys you some time.

drstandley31
09-27-2011, 12:04 AM

I have read this 4 times now, and for the life of me have no idea what you are talking about. What great gift? You think after the loyality this fan base has given to this team for the past 45+ years, we deserve anything less than a half decent playoff run? We've lost 6 games in a row. Historic blow outs! A team that wasn't ready to play a high school game in the first 2 games. No, We've done our part as Fans. We deserve better! 30 million under the salary cap tells me that they are happy with just being ok. Not champions. Just win a few for the hommers and it will be OK. BS! If you want to be sheeple, then fine. But I say we send them a message! You want to be 30 Mil under the cap? Hope that makes up for the loss in stadium revenue.

Fastphilly
09-27-2011, 02:35 AM
I have read this 4 times now, and for the life of me have no idea what you are talking about. What great gift? You think after the loyality this fan base has given to this team for the past 45+ years, we deserve anything less than a half decent playoff run? We've lost 6 games in a row. Historic blow outs! A team that wasn't ready to play a high school game in the first 2 games. No, We've done our part as Fans. We deserve better! 30 million under the salary cap tells me that they are happy with just being ok. Not champions. Just win a few for the hommers and it will be OK. BS! If you want to be sheeple, then fine. But I say we send them a message! You want to be 30 Mil under the cap? Hope that makes up for the loss in stadium revenue.
AMEN TO THAT!!! It's one thing to be 10-6 and get eliminated in the playoffs, but this team was supposed to have improved over last year..Give me an 8-8 and I'll take it due to the injuries we have had I can live with that. If all it takes is to lose a starting safety and running back and turn a possible playoff contender into the toilet team of the NFL then it proves this team is horrible and has zero depth. Pioli and company have failed to evaluate talent on back-ups and starting players and it shows.

doobs_05
09-27-2011, 05:07 AM
Yay....we had a good season last year.....what we get out of it?

This isn't 2010 anymore this is 2011.

I don't care about last year anymore we suck now and we need to fix it now or start doing something (Against SD i saw some good things but we need more)

chief31
09-27-2011, 04:54 PM

Taking a team that has been 10-38 over the previous three seasons to a division title is fantastic work.

What Chiefs fans deserve is absolutely irrelevant.

Fan loyalty does not make a team good enough to win.

Due to what this team showed me, as far as capability in 2010, I am unable to call this a failure after just a few games.

I predicted 5-11. And I still see no reason we can't reach that goal.

So, for those who had high expectations, this is a major letdown, and, for me, only a minor setback.

I expect The Chiefs to be a whole lot stronger by the end of the season.

The rest of you can scream and yell to scrap the whole thing. But I am going to continue to look for this team to gain strength as-is.

doobs_05
09-28-2011, 01:41 AM
Ya but i don't enjoy one good season then 3 failed seasons then another good season, a playoff win would be nice. Also fan loyalty kinda does help win.....you don't show up to the game the Staff knows they have to make changes and they better be good.

Connie Jo
09-28-2011, 01:55 AM
Says it all:

I think he's thinking, "------- bias zebra's!"

chief31
09-28-2011, 07:02 PM
Ya but i don't enjoy one good season then 3 failed seasons then another good season, a playoff win would be nice. Also fan loyalty kinda does help win.....you don't show up to the game the Staff knows they have to make changes and they better be good.

No matter how few tickets the team sells, it does not help the team win.

In fact, the reverse is notably true, that if the team wins, the tickets will sell.

The Jaguars have had trouble selling tickets for about as long as they have been in existence, and it has not made that team better.

The Detroit Lions had the same issue, and the same result.

The Cleveland Browns also struggled to sell tickets, and, not only did it not help them win, but it actually helped get the team moved out of the city, where they suddenly did become big winners.

Ask a Cubs fan how fan loyalty helps a team win.

The fans can speak with their spending. But it does not change rather or not the game-winning pass gets caught.

:lol:

doobs_05
09-29-2011, 01:36 AM
No matter how few tickets the team sells, it does not help the team win.

In fact, the reverse is notably true, that if the team wins, the tickets will sell.

The Jaguars have had trouble selling tickets for about as long as they have been in existence, and it has not made that team better.

The Detroit Lions had the same issue, and the same result.

The Cleveland Browns also struggled to sell tickets, and, not only did it not help them win, but it actually helped get the team moved out of the city, where they suddenly did become big winners.

Ask a Cubs fan how fan loyalty helps a team win.

The fans can speak with their spending. But it does not change rather or not the game-winning pass gets caught.

:lol:

but ....but detroit is good now (maybe)

don't bring the cubs in here....they always suck hahaha(even tho my braves just blew it.....)

Jags got stuck in the Peyton division

and see the browns didn't sell tickets so they moved and became good because they fixed the team THEN moved

also if you havent noticed i'm just BSing right now lol

chief31
09-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Ya but i don't enjoy one good season then 3 failed seasons then another good season, a playoff win would be nice.

I skipped this earlier, because I agree, and agreeing usually leads to boring conversation.

And, while I do not approve of medicrity, any more than anyone else here, the big difference between where I stand, and where so many angry fans stand, is in the judgement department.

What kind of judgements do we have? Not so far as "favorable", or "unfavorable", but in degrees of certainty.

I see so many people screaming their lungs out, with unchallengable certianty that this team/HC/GM/QB can never live up to expectations.

And I have not made any such "final" decisions yet.

After what I saw in 2010, no two games, no matter how ugly, are going to completely convince me of anything.

I remember when The Steelers lost to three of the worst teams in The NFL at that time, (Chiefs, Raiders, Browns) and it seemed so obvious that whole team needed to be scrapped, and rebuilt.

But they didn't scrap it. They won The Super Bowl the following year, with, pretty much, the same group.

I think we are seeing most of the fanbase going with "knee-jerk" reactions, just as fanbases generally do.

But I am not going to jump overboard, into the freezing water, until I am convinced that the ship is sinking.

No two games are going to do that for me.

doobs_05
09-30-2011, 01:47 AM
Just to be in the running year after year would be great. Its pretty bad when people ask who you cheer for and when you say the chiefs...they laugh.