PDA

View Full Version : Defense

Polleo Pit Man
10-02-2007, 02:05 AM
If you’re old enough to remember Hootie and the Blowfish and when Robin Williams was funny, you are old enough to remember that time when the Chiefs’ defense won with intimidation. They hit the quarterback. More than that, they baited the quarterback, tempted the quarterback, blindsided the quarterback — at the end of those games, you would see quarterbacks walking slowly out of stadiums, stopping every so often to make sure nobody was following them.

Go Get Em D!

hermhater
10-02-2007, 02:07 AM
If you’re old enough to remember Hootie and the Blowfish and when Robin Williams was funny, you are old enough to remember that time when the Chiefs’ defense won with intimidation. They hit the quarterback. More than that, they baited the quarterback, tempted the quarterback, blindsided the quarterback — at the end of those games, you would see quarterbacks walking slowly out of stadiums, stopping every so often to make sure nobody was following them.

Go Get Em D!

Didn't I read this somewhere else earlier, or am I hallucinating?

I remember all of that and thought it was hilarious!!!!

:sign0098::sign0098:

Polleo Pit Man
10-02-2007, 02:10 AM
Didn't I read this somewhere else earlier, or am I hallucinating?

I remember all of that and thought it was hilarious!!!!

:sign0098::sign0098:
Yes Im sure you did, I meant to " " it but forgot. True tough Its where we need to be!:toast2:

anaeelbackwards
10-02-2007, 06:54 AM
i remember when my dad thought the black guy was hootie....

Canada
10-02-2007, 07:56 AM
i remember when my dad thought the black guy was hootie....

that guy was a blowfish?? I thought he was Hootie too!! :lol:

Chiefster
10-02-2007, 10:19 AM

Go Get Em D!

Yup; after they sacked the QB they went after their family.

sling58
10-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Yup; after they sacked the QB they went after their family.

Oh the days of DT and Smith! Miss those times.

Chiefster
10-02-2007, 02:54 PM

Same here; not since those days has KC had two book ends such as those.

Polleo Pit Man
10-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Same here; not since those days has KC had two book ends such as those.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/24.jpghttp://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/25.jpg

Chiefster
10-02-2007, 03:53 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/24.jpghttp://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/25.jpg

Nice!

Polleo Pit Man
10-02-2007, 03:56 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/26.jpg
Derrick Thomas
1989 Defensive Rookie11/11/90: Record 7 Sacks

chief31
10-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Ya know... There was a football card of DT that was the best looking card I have ever seen. Dave Kreig was balled-up, in the fetal position and DT was over him, on one knee, with his head up and a puff of "steam" coming from his facemask. I have several of that exact card, in my collection. I also have a DT ROY card with his autograph and a couple of game-used cards as well.

Polleo Pit Man
10-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Ya know... There was a football card of DT that was the best looking card I have ever seen. Dave Kreig was balled-up, in the fetal position and DT was over him, on one knee, with his head up and a puff of "steam" coming from his facemask. I have several of that exact card, in my collection. I also have a DT ROY card with his autograph and a couple of game-used cards as well.
That sounds cool. I wish I had a collection!
GO D!

m0ebr0
10-03-2007, 01:58 AM

Jared Allen and DJ. They may be as good as Smith and DT someday.

hermhater
10-03-2007, 01:59 AM

Was thinking the same thing....

:sign0098::beer:

Polleo Pit Man
10-03-2007, 02:00 AM

I think with all the talent we have on D, we will be number 1 defense. Maybe not this year but sooner than later. Arent we ranked 4th total defense right now?

Polleo Pit Man
10-03-2007, 02:01 AM
Was thinking the same thing....

:sign0098::beer:

I am with ya.:drunkhb:

m0ebr0
10-03-2007, 02:02 AM
I think with all the talent we have on D, we will be number 1 defense. Maybe not this year but sooner than later. Arent we ranked 4th total defense right now?

Yes we are.

Polleo Pit Man
10-03-2007, 02:04 AM
Yes we are.
Its getting where our defense is as exciting to watch as a high powered offense. Just knowing that that next big play is coming gets me stoked!

timsatt1
10-03-2007, 02:04 AM
and if the sun comes up tomorrow, let her be.

oh, just let her be.

Polleo Pit Man
10-03-2007, 02:38 AM
and if the sun comes up tomorrow, let her be.

oh, just let her be.

GO D

Three7s
10-03-2007, 02:43 AM
Yes we are.
Actually, we're 3rd now! Also, Jared Allan and Tamba Hali will definitely be the equivalent of DT and Neil Smith.

sling58
10-03-2007, 11:20 AM

I sure hope so if we can keep them. CP SIGN JARED TO A CONTRACT!!! LOCK HIM UP THRU HIS CAREER!!!!!

Canada
10-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Actually, we're 3rd now! Also, Jared Allan and Tamba Hali will definitely be the equivalent of DT and Neil Smith.

I like them, but no one will ever be the equivalent of DT!!

m0ef0e
10-03-2007, 12:37 PM

No way. Jared and Tamba are both awesome like Neil was but the ONLY guy that has a chance to compare to DT on the Chiefs right now is Derrick Johnson-- and that's only if he has a spectacular career. He has a LONG way to go to get to DT status. I personally, don't think DJ will get to that same level as DT because he won't get all the sacks DT had nor have the HUGE games getting 6 and 7 sacks like DT did. I think DJ is and will be an absolute stud in the NFL but DT was something special you don't see but maybe once every 25 years or more. I've NEVER seen a linebacker with a pass rush like Thomas.

Canada
10-03-2007, 12:39 PM
I have an autographed DJ jersey and now DBowe....I make stars boys!! Meet Canada and become an NFL superstar!! Who's next?

sling58
10-03-2007, 03:06 PM
I have an autographed DJ jersey and now DBowe....I make stars boys!! Meet Canada and become an NFL superstar!! Who's next?

Canada, maybe you should set up an autograph session with the WHOLE team. I like the chances.

Canada
10-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Canada, maybe you should set up an autograph session with the WHOLE team. I like the chances.

Set it up and I am there!!

sling58
10-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Set it up and I am there!!

I'll email CP and have him set it up!

Chiefster
10-05-2007, 11:14 AM
GO "D"

FYR! :D

m0ebr0
10-05-2007, 02:09 PM
No way. Jared and Tamba are both awesome like Neil was but the ONLY guy that has a chance to compare to DT on the Chiefs right now is Derrick Johnson-- and that's only if he has a spectacular career. He has a LONG way to go to get to DT status. I personally, don't think DJ will get to that same level as DT because he won't get all the sacks DT had nor have the HUGE games getting 6 and 7 sacks like DT did. I think DJ is and will be an absolute stud in the NFL but DT was something special you don't see but maybe once every 25 years or more. I've NEVER seen a linebacker with a pass rush like Thomas.

DJ is very fast and mobile. Hes aware of what is going on around him. The difference between DJ and DT is that DT was a better pass rusher while DJ is more for coverage. That is why he will not get as many sacks as DT. DJ can make the stop when we need it. I honestly think DJ will be more like Edwards cuz of his gameplay so far and Donnie is there to teach him.

If DJ can get the pass rush down like DT did then DJ can be as good as DT. DJ has a long way to go and alot of years to do it.

m0ef0e
10-05-2007, 02:16 PM
DJ is very fast and mobile. Hes aware of what is going on around him. The difference between DJ and DT is that DT was a better pass rusher while DJ is more for coverage. That is why he will not get as many sacks as DT. DJ can make the stop when we need it. I honestly think DJ will be more like Edwards cuz of his gameplay so far and Donnie is there to teach him.

If DJ can get the pass rush down like DT did then DJ can be as good as DT. DJ has a long way to go and alot of years to do it.

I don't doubt that DJ is going to be great. I just don't see him breaking all of DT's records either, though. I think you are right in the fact that DJ will turn out to be more like Donnie, which is not a bad thing at all.

chief31
10-05-2007, 02:20 PM

Pass-rushing like Derrick Thomas isn't a skill that any linebacker is going to just develop. You either have it, or you don't. IMO.

m0ef0e
10-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Pass-rushing like Derrick Thomas isn't a skill that any linebacker is going to just develop. You either have it, or you don't. IMO.

Agreed. DT was a different breed than everybody else. DJ will be great but Thomas is immortal.

sling58
10-06-2007, 08:07 AM
I don't doubt that DJ is going to be great. I just don't see him breaking all of DT's records either, though. I think you are right in the fact that DJ will turn out to be more like Donnie, which is not a bad thing at all.

Agreed, I was quite pleased when I heard the news that Donnie came back to the Chiefs.

Chiefster
10-06-2007, 08:15 AM

Yep, a skill you simply can't teach.