PDA

View Full Version : KCTOUCHDOWN And Chiefsrule

matthewschiefs
10-02-2011, 04:01 PM
The two of you should give this team credit this week.

You have both talked about how bad our drafts have been our young players were big reasons we got that win today. Even Yes TYSON JACKSON. He made a play in the bigest point of the game.

You have both also talked about we signed NO free agents Steve Breaston showed he CAN be a GREAT help to this team. I don't want to here it this week. This team EARNED a win.

Now the question is can they make it stand up going forward. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmlamerson
10-02-2011, 04:04 PM
I think we have a decent chance of being 5-4 by the end of Week 10. Broncos, Colts, Dolphins, and one of Chargers/Raiders.

Sick Dog
10-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Its the slow start and injuries that will kill this team because the last two games have been okay they should have been 3-1 not 1-3. No Baldwin either yet I can only see Cassel getting better but man they miss the 3 guys out!

AussieChiefsFan
10-02-2011, 04:47 PM
I think we have a decent chance of being 5-4 by the end of Week 10. Broncos, Colts, Dolphins, and one of Chargers/Raiders.

And with the Chargers at home this time, the win will come easier.

chiefsrule
10-02-2011, 05:22 PM
The two of you should give this team credit this week.

You have both talked about how bad our drafts have been our young players were big reasons we got that win today. Even Yes TYSON JACKSON. He made a play in the bigest point of the game.

You have both also talked about we signed NO free agents Steve Breaston showed he CAN be a GREAT help to this team. I don't want to here it this week. This team EARNED a win.

Now the question is can they make it stand up going forward. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow I am famous now! LOL. Breaston looked good this game but 1 out of 4 doesn't cut it and Jackson looked good? 1 out of 3 years REALLY doesn't cut it. You do realize we played an 0-4 team right? I imagine we will win next week as well but temper your expectations young Jedi as I doubt we hardly win any games at the end of the year. I thought we would win 6 games this year but I don't see us making that....maybe 4. I will give the Chiefs credit for being on a one game winning streak yes. LOL!!! Whoooppeeeeee!!!!

chiefsrule
10-02-2011, 05:26 PM
I want to thank all my fans on this board and just to let you know I will be signing autographs after the game next week.

matthewschiefs
10-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Wow I am famous now! LOL. Breaston looked good this game but 1 out of 4 doesn't cut it and Jackson looked good? 1 out of 3 years REALLY doesn't cut it. You do realize we played an 0-4 team right? I imagine we will win next week as well but temper your expectations young Jedi as I doubt we hardly win any games at the end of the year. I thought we would win 6 games this year but I don't see us making that....maybe 4. I will give the Chiefs credit for being on a one game winning streak yes. LOL!!! Whoooppeeeeee!!!!

How did i know you would just brush this off as a fluke. This team held one of the top rushers in the NFL down most the day. Percey Harvin is one of the biggest weapons in the nfl. There defensive line is loaded.

You constantly point to the negitives all negitives but refuse to give credit where credit is due. Areans Succop Jackson, Cassel, Breaston all players who you deem to be horrible by the "Horrible drafts" "No free agents" won this game for us today.

The ones that respond to you have been willing to say admit to the negitives when they happen. I myself have said countless times that this team did not get off to a good start. Only to here you talk about people makeing excuse blah blah blah. So STOP MAKEING EXCUSES for the good and give them credit when its due. Today they earned that credit.

chiefsrule
10-02-2011, 06:22 PM
How did i know you would just brush this off as a fluke. This team held one of the top rushers in the NFL down most the day. Percey Harvin is one of the biggest weapons in the nfl. There defensive line is loaded.

You constantly point to the negitives all negitives but refuse to give credit where credit is due. Areans Succop Jackson, Cassel, Breaston all players who you deem to be horrible by the "Horrible drafts" "No free agents" won this game for us today.

The ones that respond to you have been willing to say admit to the negitives when they happen. I myself have said countless times that this team did not get off to a good start. Only to here you talk about people makeing excuse blah blah blah. So STOP MAKEING EXCUSES for the good and give them credit when its due. Today they earned that credit.

Top rusher Harvin lethal weapon but they are 0-4. Did you think the Chiefs would go 0-16? If they only win 4 games this year are you going to look at just the four games they won and declare that they are good and on the right track? I tell you what my prediction is Haley will be fired at the end of the year then we will start "rebuilding" again with a new coach and of course he must be given 4 years again.

matthewschiefs
10-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Top rusher Harvin lethal weapon but they are 0-4. Did you think the Chiefs would go 0-16? If they only win 4 games this year are you going to look at just the four games they won and declare that they are good and on the right track? I tell you what my prediction is Haley will be fired at the end of the year then we will start "rebuilding" again with a new coach and of course he must be given 4 years again.

Like I have said many time if they win 4 games I WILL want some changes. Major changes. But unlike you I don't brush every good or bad thing that happens as a fluke. Like you do seemingly with just about every win. You HAVE to take a look at the GOOD AND THE BAD. first 3 games I have stated were terrible. We didn't get the job done. Why is it so hard for one week to say GOOD JOB CHIEFS instead of more this is a fluke bs. No win in the NFL is a fluke. Upsets happen all the time.

And again the very players you have judged to be horrible were the main reasons we won today. Maybe giveing them more then 3 games to play together helps?

jmlamerson
10-02-2011, 06:57 PM

We will probably win 5-7 games, and Haley will keep his job. They will fire Muir and maybe Crennel as scapegoats. Haley would only go if we get 4 or less, and maybe not even then.

And really, we don't have the talent on the lines that I can blame our HC for us getting 5-7 wins. I can blame Haley for other things, but not that. No team that goes into the season planning to start Brendan Albert and Barry Richardson at OT and to start Tyson Jackson and Kelly Gregg on the DL can really be expecting much more.

We need to upgrade our talent on the lines. Which is our GM's job. Until we do, the coaches just can't add that much to the win total.

KristofLaw
10-02-2011, 07:00 PM

You kinda come off as disappointed they won.... doesn't surprise me in the least. You know, those Raider fans who come on here and talk smack don't nearly disappoint me as much as phony dudes pretending to be Chiefs.

chiefsrule
10-02-2011, 07:06 PM
We will probably win 5-7 games, and Haley will keep his job. They will fire Muir and maybe Crennel as scapegoats. Haley would only go if we get 4 or less, and maybe not even then.

And really, we don't have the talent on the lines that I can blame our HC for us getting 5-7 wins. I can blame Haley for other things, but not that. No team that goes into the season planning to start Brendan Albert and Barry Richardson at OT and to start Tyson Jackson and Kelly Gregg on the DL can really be expecting much more.

We need to upgrade our talent on the lines. Which is our GM's job. Until we do, the coaches just can't add that much to the win total.

I agree 100%. For some reason we have ignored both lines and just got fill ins which isn't working. Until then we will not be a good team.

chiefsrule
10-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Like I have said many time if they win 4 games I WILL want some changes. Major changes. But unlike you I don't brush every good or bad thing that happens as a fluke. Like you do seemingly with just about every win. You HAVE to take a look at the GOOD AND THE BAD. first 3 games I have stated were terrible. We didn't get the job done. Why is it so hard for one week to say GOOD JOB CHIEFS instead of more this is a fluke bs. No win in the NFL is a fluke. Upsets happen all the time.

And again the very players you have judged to be horrible were the main reasons we won today. Maybe giveing them more then 3 games to play together helps?

We won. They played good but I look at the season as a whole like when I pointed out we have a tough schedule this year. We are not a good team FOR A WHOLE SEASON. I never said we would go 0-16 but my gawd if you only win 4 or 5 games you are a BAD team. OK????

chiefsrule
10-02-2011, 07:10 PM
You kinda come off as disappointed they won.... doesn't surprise me in the least. You know, those Raider fans who come on here and talk smack don't nearly disappoint me as much as phony dudes pretending to be Chiefs.

I am disappointed we are 1-3 and not a good team why is this so hard to understand?

chief31
10-02-2011, 07:14 PM
I look at the season as a whole

Only when it is convenient for your case against The Chiefs.

Didn't you just declare yourself right about your season prediction, after seeing three games? TODAY?

Oh, but now they won a game, so you want to focus on the whole season.

This is, in no way whatsoever, a surprise to anyone, that you now want to to look at a whole season, instead of a small portion of a season.

It is just as most predict. When things go well, you want to be measured in your evaluation. But when things go bad, you want to pat yourself on the back and celebrate yourself.

matthewschiefs
10-02-2011, 07:20 PM
We won. They played good but I look at the season as a whole like when I pointed out we have a tough schedule this year. We are not a good team FOR A WHOLE SEASON. I never said we would go 0-16 but my gawd if you only win 4 or 5 games you are a BAD team. OK????

You look at a whole season?

What about the 10-6 season a year ago?

Oh ya that was good so it was a fluke. I seem to recall you only pointing to the games we lost a year ago.

You are right if you only win 4 or 5 games in a year you are bad. But we have not gone this season winning 4 or 5 games yet. We can still more.

chiefsrule
10-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Only when it is convenient for your case against The Chiefs.

Didn't you just declare yourself right about your season prediction, after seeing three games? TODAY?

Oh, but now they won a game, so you want to focus on the whole season.

This is, in no way whatsoever, a surprise to anyone, that you now want to to look at a whole season, instead of a small portion of a season.

It is just as most predict. When things go well, you want to be measured in your evaluation. But when things go bad, you want to pat yourself on the back and celebrate yourself.

Yep I did and I can see what our whole season is going to look like after being outscored 150-27 before the San Diego game coutning last two games of last year and looking at preseason which I won't even bring up. So no I am not basing it on just after seeing three games. I like how you put a spin on things and try to make the person you disagree with seem like they are tards.

When looking at the 10-6 season mr matthew I stated we were not that good and it shows this season. It was a damn fluke! We are a bad team. IDK how many f'kn games you need to see to prove this to you. it is a FACT. Deal with it. We stink. We have not gotten any better the three damn years Pioli has been here but yet you guys want to give him 4 more years. You preach to me about patience, I would like to see the Chiefs in a Super Bowl again before I die. If you two want to wait 20-30 more years that is your decision. Sorry you two have such a f'kin problem with that.

chief31 grow the hell up and have adult debates instead of cutting down a person's opinion acting like they are wrong on what you want to call facts when they are just opinions.

TopekaRoy
10-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Chiefsrule's reaction doesn't surprise me in the least. Knowing how he thinks, I could've written his initial post for him.

We went 10-6 last year. "easy schedule. We didn't beat any good teams."

We almost beat the Chatgers in San Diego. "Chatgers are over rated. They always start out the season slow." But at least we showed improvement from the first 2 games. "Only because the Chargers played so badly."

We beat the Vikings and played our best game of the year so far. We held AP to 80 rushing yards and Cassel was 18 of 29 for 260 yds and a 102.7 passer rating. "The Vikings are 0-4 and their pass defense sucks."

He makes excuses for every good thing the Chiefs do because it doesn't support his argument. He uses 2 games to support his opinion that the Chiefs suck (not the Chargers game so much) and ignores last season and today's game.Then he says "Let's look at the whole season," because he knows we can't do that with 12 games left to be played. He's not worth arguing with anymore because you know he is just going to ignore any evidence that opposes his argument.

#58ChiefsFan
10-02-2011, 08:51 PM
I will guarantee you this board will see a third of traffic it did the previous weeks. It doesnt help any of the "realistic" fans arguments when the team actually fights and gets a win.

Next week it will be yeah we beat the colts but it wasnt the Manning colts....

texaschief
10-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Getting a little excited in here about a narrow victory over a winless team, aren't we?

The players did a great job winning that game despite the coaching. I love how Cassel told Haley that Haley didn't know what he was talking about... I couldn't have said it better. :lol:

azchiefsfan
10-02-2011, 10:53 PM
I would take away from the exchange that it is proof Cassel ISN'T responsible for the lousy 2 and 3 yeard pass calls. Just as I said, it appears he is being told to throw the junk and is as sick of it as we are.

jmlamerson
10-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Getting a little excited in here about a narrow victory over a winless team, aren't we?

The players did a great job winning that game despite the coaching. I love how Cassel told Haley that Haley didn't know what he was talking about... I couldn't have said it better. :lol:
If you can't get excited over winning our first game this season, what can you get excited over?

And I agree. Cassel *****ing out Haley was the highlight of the season.

KCraised
10-02-2011, 11:33 PM

I agree. It was against a team that can't put a consistent 4 quarters of football together but i'll take it. But, chiefsrule is calling it like it is. And someone said he will probably say next week if we win that "its because we didnt play the Manning Colts...". If that happens, that would DEFINITELY be a very valid statement for him to make.
I really enjoyed the game today. It was a longtime coming for all of us. But im not betting the house on it to continue. Hope it does, but the "realist" side needs more than a good half. I have been complaining about this team alot this year. I could be on the thread title list call out. Doesnt mean i dont want them to win! I just expect alot more from them and it has been near impossible to take ANYTHING good away from the 1st 3 games. Nadda. But Chiefsrule should be allowed to express his displeasure with anything he feels like and not get called out with a "Now, what do you have to say?" thread.
Regardless, today was a good day. Felt great to get a win. Hope this is the start of this team getting thier crap together....

SIC J
10-03-2011, 01:23 AM
I agree. It was against a team that can't put a consistent 4 quarters of football together but i'll take it. But, chiefsrule is calling it like it is. And someone said he will probably say next week if we win that "its because we didnt play the Manning Colts...". If that happens, that would DEFINITELY be a very valid statement for him to make.
I really enjoyed the game today. It was a longtime coming for all of us. But im not betting the house on it to continue. Hope it does, but the "realist" side needs more than a good half. I have been complaining about this team alot this year. I could be on the thread title list call out. Doesnt mean i dont want them to win! I just expect alot more from them and it has been near impossible to take ANYTHING good away from the 1st 3 games. Nadda. But Chiefsrule should be allowed to express his displeasure with anything he feels like and not get called out with a "Now, what do you have to say?" thread.
Regardless, today was a good day. Felt great to get a win. Hope this is the start of this team getting thier crap together....

So it's an ok excuse for the Colts cuz they don't have Manning but it's not an ok excuse for missing Berry, Charles, and Moeaki?

SIC J
10-03-2011, 01:24 AM
It's useless with some people. They will NEVER be happy. You can give people like that a million dollars and they would complain that it was all $1's...............

Chiefster
10-03-2011, 02:48 AM
Meh, give 'em credit, don't give 'em credit. The Chiefs do not exist for the affirmations of just one or two naysayers on a BB.

texaschief
10-03-2011, 02:51 AM
So it's an ok excuse for the Colts cuz they don't have Manning but it's not an ok excuse for missing Berry, Charles, and Moeaki?

Peyton Manning isn't just the Colts QB... he's the QB, OC, and an offensive guru at the live of scrimmage. When the Colts lost Manning, they had to change QBs AND their entire offensive system to accommodate any other QB.

Just as with the Chiefs, I believe the Colts' pathetic play is also a horrible lack of preparation by the organization and coaching staff.

However, the Chiefs losing Charles, Moeaki, and Berry didn't require the Chiefs to completely change their entire offensive/defensive systems. There's no way you can honestly make the argument that the drop off from the injured Chiefs players to their backups can in any way compare to the drop off from Manning to Collins. The comparison is so embarrassing, it shouldn't even be mentioned in the same conversation.

Every team has injuries... some more than others, but the Chiefs have enough depth that they should have been able to, at the very least, be competitive in the first two games. Losing is understandable when you have major injuries like that. Getting blown out 4 weeks in a row (2 with a healthy team) is inexcusable... ESPECIALLY when it's Detroit and Buffalo who have head coaches or defensive coordinators that you've FIRED!!

Gunther showed what he could do against the "vaunted" Haley attack, while Gailey showed he was the MUCH better man for the job. Even in victory, Haley failed. You don't show up your QB and team leader on the sidelines for the entire country to see. If the Chiefs HAD lost, you can't tell me that replay wouldn't be all over ESPN all week. The fact that the Chiefs actually won the game, may have bought Haley another week.

Todd Haley is NOT a good head coach. PERIOD.

KCraised
10-03-2011, 08:21 AM
Peyton Manning isn't just the Colts QB... he's the QB, OC, and an offensive guru at the live of scrimmage. When the Colts lost Manning, they had to change QBs AND their entire offensive system to accommodate any other QB.

Just as with the Chiefs, I believe the Colts' pathetic play is also a horrible lack of preparation by the organization and coaching staff.

However, the Chiefs losing Charles, Moeaki, and Berry didn't require the Chiefs to completely change their entire offensive/defensive systems. There's no way you can honestly make the argument that the drop off from the injured Chiefs players to their backups can in any way compare to the drop off from Manning to Collins. The comparison is so embarrassing, it shouldn't even be mentioned in the same conversation.

Every team has injuries... some more than others, but the Chiefs have enough depth that they should have been able to, at the very least, be competitive in the first two games. Losing is understandable when you have major injuries like that. Getting blown out 4 weeks in a row (2 with a healthy team) is inexcusable... ESPECIALLY when it's Detroit and Buffalo who have head coaches or defensive coordinators that you've FIRED!!

Gunther showed what he could do against the "vaunted" Haley attack, while Gailey showed he was the MUCH better man for the job. Even in victory, Haley failed. You don't show up your QB and team leader on the sidelines for the entire country to see. If the Chiefs HAD lost, you can't tell me that replay wouldn't be all over ESPN all week. The fact that the Chiefs actually won the game, may have bought Haley another week.

Todd Haley is NOT a good head coach. PERIOD.
Agreed.
I didnt complain much at all about last years team. We were 10-6, Divsion Champions, life was good. But, they have given us plenty to complain about so far this year...every facet of the game has been a complete mess.
They are showing backward steps...backward leaps, even. I can complain about that.....but it did feel good to finally see what it feels like to get a win again.
And if Manning had played, we wouldve got our asses handed to us. Now that he won't, we have a chance.
So, Manning Colts would've been much different.

Canada
10-03-2011, 08:24 AM
I want to thank all my fans on this board and just to let you know I will be signing autographs after the game next week.Really...you are famous for making a thread crying about how you were run off the boards...

josh1971
10-03-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm excited about EVERY chiefs win. Right after the game yesterday I posted that the "yeah but it was against the VIKINGS" crowd would show up, and LO! I am correct... Yep. We beat an 0-4 team, and I am excited about that because we should beat teams like that- and we did.

Honestly, there's some of you folks that are NEVER going to be happy.

KCraised
10-03-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm excited about EVERY chiefs win. Right after the game yesterday I posted that the "yeah but it was against the VIKINGS" crowd would show up, and LO! I am correct... Yep. We beat an 0-4 team, and I am excited about that because we should beat teams like that- and we did.

Honestly, there's some of you folks that are NEVER going to be happy.

Was that really a stretch for you to think those people wouldnt show up? They were an 0-3 team! I am really happy the Chiefs won. We have been talking about it all day at work. Its a baby step. We won a game....but we will see what happens when we play a tougher team, in tougher enviroments. And trust me, they are coming.
Its a bad feeling when you want your beloved team to win but youre kindof secretly hoping for another blowout in order to force a shake up in the front office and on the field. When they started showing some life, i abandoned that and said screw it, whip thier a**es. Its been a turbulent year....

KCraised
10-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Look man, cassel played better but you have to remember, this is also a 0-4 team.

But yes they did win. Goodbye Luck

:Sad Face:

Yeah, i was hoping for Luck, too. Hate to watch a season of Chiefs losses but if helps the team next year, so be it.

SAPHOJUNKIE
10-03-2011, 07:00 PM

We played an 0-3 team. So did they.

2010chiefs
10-03-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm glad Cassel finally showed us how much of a quitter he is by throwing that ball into the ground even when being protected. That says alot about him and I have much more respect for Haley chewing his *** out. That's what he should have done a long time ago and it worked. Still shows me Cassel needs to go!

okikcfan
10-03-2011, 07:41 PM
That's kind of an insult to the chefs

Chefs? :wtfdude: :pointlaugh:

SIC J
10-03-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm glad Cassel finally showed us how much of a quitter he is by throwing that ball into the ground even when being protected. That says alot about him and I have much more respect for Haley chewing his *** out. That's what he should have done a long time ago and it worked. Still shows me Cassel needs to go!

Yeah he's such a quitter he then led the Chiefs to the WIN. What a d-bag!

Really man? LOL

matthewschiefs
10-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Look man, cassel played better but you have to remember, this is also a 0-4 team.

But yes they did win. Goodbye Luck

:Sad Face:

Really?

Yes because loseing on purpose is the way to go.

:ninerssuck:

What happend to wanting to win now?

jmlamerson
10-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Haha you and i both know we dont have a good team. Thats why we get smashed when we actually play good teams the past 3 years.

Do you think indy regrets going whatever they went to get peyton manning? Doubt it

No team has ever, ever tanked a season and been better off for it. The Colts didn't tank for Manning, the Spurs didn't for Duncan, and the Penguins didn't for Crosby. They were just awful teams who got lucky. If you really thought that the Chiefs were going to try and tank for the 1st overall pick, you were delusional. If you think the Colts, Seahawks, or Vikings are tanking now, you're delusional. No ownership will alienate its fans (especially season ticket holders) by throwing games away for a prospect, even as good a one as Luck.

doobs_05
10-04-2011, 01:29 AM
No team has ever, ever tanked a season and been better off for it. The Colts didn't tank for Manning, the Spurs didn't for Duncan, and the Penguins didn't for Crosby. They were just awful teams who got lucky. If you really thought that the Chiefs were going to try and tank for the 1st overall pick, you were delusional. If you think the Colts, Seahawks, or Vikings are tanking now, you're delusional. No ownership will alienate its fans (especially season ticket holders) by throwing games away for a prospect, even as good a one as Luck.

Vikings would, all they need is that star QB, and with a possible move to LA ....i could see it happening

TopekaRoy
10-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Vikings would, all they need is that star QB, and with a possible move to LA ....i could see it happening

No they wouldn't.

The only way I could possibly see a team losing on purpose (maybe) is if they are tied for last and it's week 15 or 16. The staff might play their backup QB and bench a couple of starters. Even then the players on the field are going to try their hardest to win. There are 3 reasons for this.

1) Money. Nobody is going to play poorly on purpose because all players want to increase their value so they can get more money when they become free agents. This is especially true of players who are in the last year of their contracts. Nobody is going to give up potentially millions of dollars to help their team move up one draft spot.

2) Pride. These games are broadcast across the country. Nobody wants to look bad. Even if your fans know you are doing it on purpose, you would lose the respect of fans of the other 31 teams for failing to uphold the integrity of the game and making a mockery of the sport.

3) Competitiveness. You don't even make it to the NFL without being extremely competitive. You hear stories all the time of professional athletes who hate to lose even on the golf course or playing Monopoly. The desire to win and be the best is drives most of these players even more than the desire to get a big contract. Nobody wants to be on the worst team in the NFL and players will do everything they can to make sure that doesn't happen.

Teams come in last because they lack talent or they have been decimated by injuries. Extremely bad luck can play a part in it too. Teams will never come in last because they want the first draft pick and will never lose on purpose in the first 12 games of the season.

jmlamerson
10-04-2011, 10:04 AM
c'mon jml, i know deep down inside you want that elite qb. I know it's there, just gotta bring it out!

On my outermost surface I want an elite QB. That doesn't alter the fact that tanking never works.

chief31
10-04-2011, 10:11 AM
If The Chiefs were at 0-4, with the second two games looking as bad as the first two, I would be less ashamed of The Chiefs than I am of some of their fans.

When Matt Cassel flings the ball, how many of you are hoping for an INT?

Be honest.

Even TC.....

Do you want Todd Haley to succeed where Herm failed? You were really quiet when that was happening, and seem to have been rejuvenated by this season's early struggles.

Will you enjoy if this HC, who you are so convinced is incapable, suceeds? Or will it be bitter?

ctchiefsfan
10-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Look.......

We all knew this season was going to be tougher than last year.

Tougher schedule, the strike and then all the injuries.

A BAD combination.

Haley had a theory on how to deal with the strike/lockout. In retrospect, it appears his theory did not work out too well. But who knows? We looked better in week 3 and won in week 4. Maybe we will be the terror of the AFC down the stretch. Maybe Haley is a genius.

I think we have an excellent team and staff. We also have some holes that need to be filled and some rookies that need to grow into their positions.

I'm confident we will be in the AFC Championship game within 3 years.

Cassel makes me nervous. Sure wish I knew what was up with his grounding that ball. But the time when we could have gotten something for him is past. He'd have been great trade bait at the end of last season. Probably could have gotten a fistfull of draft picks. But for better or worse, I think he is our QB for at least this year and next.

All in all, I think we are moving in the right direction.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

:chiefs:

SIC J
10-04-2011, 06:57 PM
I believe someone else is now calling the offensive plays now. It's been a WHOLE different game plan since the 2nd half of the 3rd game. I like it! If the play calling stays this way and stays away from being conservative, I think the Chiefs have a good chance at winning some games.

TopekaRoy
10-04-2011, 07:27 PM
I believe someone else is now calling the offensive plays now. It's been a WHOLE different game plan since the 2nd half of the 3rd game. I like it! If the play calling stays this way and stays away from being conservative, I think the Chiefs have a good chance at winning some games.
I agree. Do you know what surprises me? The offense has been much more aggressive, but Cassel has had fewer errors! How can that be? Is it because it has become less predictable, that the sacks and interceptions have gone down? Or was it just a tired Chargers defense in the 2nd half and and a poor pass defense for the Vikings?

SIC J
10-04-2011, 08:56 PM
I agree. Do you know what surprises me? The offense has been much more aggressive, but Cassel has had fewer errors! How can that be? Is it because it has become less predictable, that the sacks and interceptions have gone down? Or was it just a tired Chargers defense in the 2nd half and and a poor pass defense for the Vikings?

My guess is less predictable. 9 out of 10 times you already knew what play the Chiefs were doing as soon as they got to the line. It was like watching a Pop Warner game. LOL

Now not so much. They are doing a better job of mixing things up. I would guess that they finally realized they couldn't use the same game plan as if Charles were still playing. McCluster and Jones just can't do what Charles does. So what do you do? You completely change your game plan and it will throw all the other teams off.