PDA

View Full Version : Why didnt we spend more money??

Canada
10-04-2011, 04:04 PM
If only Pioli would have opened up the wallet, we could be 1-3 with a $100 million QB!! Dammit Pioli!!!:D

matthewschiefs
10-04-2011, 05:28 PM
I know spending all the money worked out so well for Philly. They are FAR better then us.

AussieChiefsFan
10-05-2011, 03:42 AM
I know spending all the money worked out so well for Philly. They are FAR better then us.

:lol: "Dream Team"

figcrostic
10-05-2011, 10:52 AM
http://www.altiusdirectory.com/Sports/nfl-salaries.php

Chiefster
10-05-2011, 02:49 PM
I think it is the "Hunt" MO. It was the same when Peterson was here and it hasn't changed.

Connie Jo
10-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Well, what many may not be aware of, is the Hunts have spent a great deal of their own money from other resources investing in the Chiefs franchise and Arrowhead Stadium. The Hunts don't own Arrowhead, the City of KC & Jackson County do, so their investment is of benefit to all. The Truman Sports Complex has been showing a loss on annual city/county audits...that's not good.

Clark took over the helm completely & officially in 2009. He hired one of the most respected and sought after GM's in the NFL, which no doubt wasn't "cheap". Clark & Pioli sought some of the best coaches & staff...not sure about Haley, but Weiss, Crennel, others. Whether in agreement as to his value or not, they didn't sign Cassel, "cheap", nor did they draft Eric Berry, "cheap". They re-signed valuable players, including Tamba Hali, also not "cheap".

One area I'm not familiar with much at all is how all the cap stuff works. Pioli knows things happening inside the NFL & NCAA with players we as fans don't always know. It's possible he's holding out for particular players with not spending more cap money. Dwayne Bowe is in a contract year...if not re-signed by the end of the season, he becomes an un-restricted FA.

I try not to judge what I don't know...so am not passing judgement on Pioli, nor his job as a GM. I do know he's very good and passionate about his job and team. I know for a fact he wants to lead the Chiefs to the Super Bowl as much as we fans want him to. For that matter, so does Clark Hunt...he wants his own legacy as the Chiefs CEO, his own Super Bowl victory. He is a man in his own right apart from his father, but he has a similar passion for the Chiefs his father had.

I know the above because I have looked both men in the eyes personally and conversed with them one on one. I saw the passion and committment in their eyes, heard it in their voices. It's wasn't a show...it's was as real as it gets.

KristofLaw
10-09-2011, 04:37 PM
If only Pioli would have opened up the wallet, we could be 1-3 with a $100 million QB!! Dammit Pioli!!!:D

Make that (2-3).... :bananen_smilies046:

chief31
10-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Make that (2-3).... :bananen_smilies046:

I would say 1-4. The Eagles are the poster-boy for the big off-season spenders this year.

"The Dream Team" dropped to 1-4 today.