PDA

View Full Version : Haley says Jon Baldwin could play Sunday

kcvet
10-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Chiefs coach Todd Haley said today that, after a seven-week absence, rookie wide receiver Jon Baldwin could return to full participation this week and might play Sunday at Indianapolis.

Baldwin, the Chiefs' first-round draft pick, suffered a fractured thumb in August after an altercation with teammate Thomas Jones. He began catching passes about 10 days ago, before his team's game at San Diego, the coaches and trainers apparently decided that he wasn't yet ready for full practices or participation in a game.

Haley said Baldwin would likely work with the special-teams unit this week, at least until he's ready to join the receivers corps on a full-time basis.

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1845

video http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=114633991

matthewschiefs
10-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Good news any help he can give will be good. Always good to have anther weapon

Connie Jo
10-05-2011, 10:19 PM
I watched a video that Bowe recorded of him and Jonathan while they were on the team bus in San Diego. Jonathan wiggled his thumb for the camera to show he is healing well and ready. He wants to play, and Bowe spoke highly of him and his skills as a co WR. :)

stricken721
10-05-2011, 10:44 PM
I hope he can play soon. Hopefully he and Bowe can light it up.

AussieChiefsFan
10-06-2011, 12:45 AM
Can't wait to see him play.

doobs_05
10-06-2011, 01:14 AM
Hopefuly he's a good player and not a bust

2010chiefs
10-06-2011, 02:10 AM
All depends if Cassel throws him an accurate pass or else we'll never know!

kcvet
10-06-2011, 09:20 AM
time to put the BS aside. screw on the helmut and show us what he can do.

also we added a RB to the squad.

The Chiefs added running back Shaun Draughn to their practice squad Wednesday morning and released offensive lineman Butch Lewis to make room.

Draughn, 6 feet and 205, pounds was signed by Washington as an undrafted free agent out of North Carolina earlier this year.

He gained 2,070 yards in 451 carries with 10 touchdowns and caught 50 passes for 268 yards and a touchdown for the Tar Heels.

Lewis was an undrafted free agent by the Chiefs who played in 46 games at USC.
http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1844

source (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/05/3190028/chiefs-jackie-battle-starting.html)

Chiefs look to go to Battle at running back

Jackie Battle had reason to believe he was going to be a star running back when on his first carry as a rookie for the Chiefs in 2007, he ran over a Detroit linebacker and scored a touchdown.

When they needed a first down late in last week’s game against Minnesota to allow them to protect their lead and run out the clock, the Chiefs didn’t call on either Thomas Jones or Le’Ron McClain, both veterans, or even on Dexter McCluster.

They opted for Battle. He gained nearly 10 yards on his first carry. Then he moved the pile enough on third down to give the Chiefs a first down, and they were then able to run out the clock and get their first victory of the season.

we gotta see more of this !!! get a 1st down and run it out

its rumored Haley and Casel have scheduled an a** flaming argument in sundays game plan :lol:

bbacker51
10-06-2011, 02:16 PM
I hope he doesn't get into another fight!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Eydugstr
10-07-2011, 04:16 PM
time to put the BS aside. screw on the helmut and show us what he can do.

Agreed. Have high hopes for anyone that gets into a fight with Thomas Jones and walks away with just a broken thumb, let alone a wide reciever.
:meow:

Seek
10-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Haley's comments said that Baldwin may play. He is not sure at this time, because Haley wants his best 46 guys on the field. Basically hinted that Baldwin is not ready for the active roster....

I just hope Battle holds on to the ball. Don't need any more costly fumbles to help us lose the game.

matthewschiefs
10-07-2011, 05:39 PM
I have a feeling that he will play this week. I hope to see him out there and that the offense looks way better with him. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

TopekaRoy
10-07-2011, 06:57 PM
I have a feeling that he will play this week. I hope to see him out there and that the offense looks way better with him. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!
If he plays at all, it will probably be only on special teams. I would think he needs another week or two of practice to get his timing down on offense. If we have a comfortable lead Or are getting blown out, I wouldn't be surprised to see him out there for a couple of passes, though.

kilobytes
10-08-2011, 04:59 PM
All depends if Cassel throws him an accurate pass or else we'll never know!

And if the offensive line will give time for the QB to throw it!!! Cassel will be fine if they can frickin block!