PDA

View Full Version : New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

DFlo
10-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft to reflect the standings so far this season.

You can check it out here: 2012 NFL Mock Draft (http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/MockDraft2012.html)

I fixed some of the backgrounds to make the text more readable so let me know if you can't read any.

Also I would love to hear your feedback!

#58ChiefsFan
10-07-2011, 01:19 PM
I'd strongly disagree that either Cassel or Haley will be excused after this season. This topic has been thrashed around pretty hard the past month.

OPLookn
10-07-2011, 01:32 PM
I like the QB pick but you've got several teams in spots where I'm thinking there's no way that they'll be drafting in that spot by years end. Detroit as SB champs? I know they're 4-0 but no.

One pick in there that I really like even though he's going to another team is Crick from Nebraska. Growing up on the NE/IA border I still have family there and am forced to hear about NE. After watching games Crick is a freakin beast. I'd love to have him in the trenches as a Chief.

TopekaRoy
10-07-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm not going to comment on your predictions because it is just rediculously early to be guessing on those right now. Except for one. The Bears desperately need help with their O-line but not at center. Garza has been doing so well that he is starting ahead of Chris Spencer who was a free agent the Bears drafted to replace Olin Kruetz. Now that I think about it, this sounds exactly like the kind of thing Jerry Angelo would do!

I like the look. The shading of the boxes to match the team colors is a nice touch but for some teams it makes the text hard to read especially at the edges. Remember some people are still using old CRT monitors that might not have the high contrast or size of the newer LCD displays. you might want to see how white text looks on some of the darker red and blue boxes.

blizair
10-08-2011, 12:24 AM
lol, u have the rams taking a reciever... U watch any St Louis games this year? Wr is def a top priority but if they dont take kalil that whole FO should be stoned to death. And then u have my beloved **** show of a team taking barkley over landry jones. Wishful thinking man but were getting luck, book it. I also dont see floyd going before jeffrey.

Chiefster
10-08-2011, 05:45 AM
I hear tell that the Chiefs could pick up Andrew Luck in the first round. :lol:

AussieChiefsFan
10-08-2011, 06:35 AM
Interesting mock there. It'll be great to see what happens this offseason

Miller
10-09-2011, 09:16 PM
I am just wondering how the worlds align that the Colts could possible get a first round, One of a kind, Hall of Fame QB then suck their way into a another one? Just not fair.

DFlo
10-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the comments/feedback guys.

Regarding the order, it was the current standings at the time, not a projection.

Also, just as an FYI, I'm going to be updating this mock draft every 4 weeks. Hope you guys enjoyed this one!

kilobytes
10-15-2011, 12:55 AM
We need offensive line help....badly....Offensive line should be the main focus. Need depth at secondary as well.

josh1971
10-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Does it seem early to already be tossing around mock drafts?

OPLookn
10-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Does it seem early to already be tossing around mock drafts?

In a word, no.

Who doesn't like speculating early to see if they have their finger on the pulse so to speak when we get to draft day. Not that I'd ever fall into such a category but my guess is that people who watch sports all the time usually know who's going to win so this would be the next level of speculation. Me on the other hand...I'll keep making 50% right guesses on all games and paying someone the juice unfortunately.

KristofLaw
10-27-2011, 04:23 AM
An interesting read. I think the Chiefs will be selecting somewhere after the 7th pick but as you stated these were the current standings. Also, the Chiefs will be looking at O-Line this year I'm almost certain in the 1st.

Looking forward to your updated mock.

AussieChiefsFan
10-27-2011, 06:02 AM
Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft to reflect the standings so far this season.

You can check it out here: 2012 NFL Mock Draft (http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/MockDraft2012.html)

I fixed some of the backgrounds to make the text more readable so let me know if you can't read any.

Also I would love to hear your feedback!

I'd strongly disagree that either Cassel or Haley will be excused after this season. This topic has been thrashed around pretty hard the past month.
I agree. I really dont see them getting rid of Haley