PDA

View Full Version : R.i.p

Canada
10-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Al Davis Passed away today.

Oakland Raiders (http://www.raiders.com/)

AkChief49
10-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Condolences to Raider Nation.So long Al. It will not be the same without you

doobs_05
10-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Sad day for football

JUST WIN BABY (hurt typing that)

RIP

#58ChiefsFan
10-08-2011, 11:18 AM
All b.s. aside Al was very influential to the entire NFL. Thanks for helping shape the best rivalry not only in the AFC West but as far as I'm concerned the NFL.

azchiefsfan
10-08-2011, 11:31 AM
He was a pioneer of the AFL and a revolutionary on the business side of the NFL. I met him once at the Flamingo Hotel in Santa Rosa, Ca along with Stabler, Casper and Tatum. He was very loud and friendly as could be. My dad loved the Raiders and hated that I grew up to be a KC fan, but never trusted him after he moved the team to LA-even when they moved back to Oakland.

kcvet
10-08-2011, 11:36 AM
just got the email from fox news.

Yoda
10-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Love or hate him. The NFL will NEVER be the same. In a cookie cutter league, copy cat leauge. I truly hope the Raiders don't become a " blah corporate team". I hope Mark Davis can take this team forward. His presence will be missed.

I know the team will dedicate the rest of the season to Mr. Davis and Just win baby!

kcvet
10-08-2011, 02:23 PM
im gonna miss not seeing him up there biting his finger nails to the nubs

stricken721
10-08-2011, 03:50 PM
How sad.

70 chiefsfan70
10-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Its a sad day in the football world. I didn't know how much I liked him till I heard this news. Like the Raiders or not, He helped make the NFL what is today, the Greatest sport in the world!

He will be missed by all. My condolances go out to his family and fans. The NFL will never be the same.

kilobytes
10-08-2011, 04:26 PM
The rivalry will not be the same without him.

chief31
10-08-2011, 04:36 PM
I have had plenty of respect for Al for a long time.

I may have poked a bit of fun, here and there, but never lost respect for him.

R.I.P.

But don't expect many more kind words for AL out of me.

Connie Jo
10-08-2011, 08:31 PM
As a Chiefs fan who grew up in the days of the AFL, I will miss Al Davis, respectably. Mr. Davis is in part responsible for many cherished memories I have as a Chiefs fan, he is an important part of Chiefs history, as well as that of the AFL/NFL. He made many valuable contributions to the AFL/NFL, AFC West, Raiders franchise, and to society. My condolences to Mr. Davis' family, friends, Raider fans, all who will also miss Al's presence in our lives. RIP Al Davis

Lazeye
10-08-2011, 10:14 PM
I never thought I would say anything nice about the man but I thank him and Lamar for having the same dream and sticking to it no matter what people back then thought. Al I am sure you were a good man and well I am sad that you have passed away...R.I.P.

Hayvern
10-08-2011, 11:16 PM
R.I.P. Al, I can poke fun at a man that is living all day long, but we have to respect what he has done.

AussieChiefsFan
10-09-2011, 09:23 AM
R.I.P Al. The NFL won't be the same witout ya

MissingTBone
10-09-2011, 04:03 PM
While I HATE the Raiders, I cant help but have a great deal of respect for what Al Davis has done for this league. There will never be another like him. Rest In Paradise Al!!

KristofLaw
10-09-2011, 04:17 PM
R.I.P. Mr Davis......

Joe Greene Remembers Al Davis (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-greene_remembering_al_davis_100811)

Chiefster
10-10-2011, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the memories Al. RIP

otf
10-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Thanks for keeping it classy on this board. I have seen another Chiefs board that was completely classless!

Al had a lot of enemies and as rivals it can sometimes get ugly. Al had his flaws but he also showed he was a good man, remember he is the one who paid for Derrick Thomas' funeral. There are a lot of things he has done like that and most people don't know.

Ryfo18
10-10-2011, 10:05 AM
As much as I dislike the Raiders, Al was pretty instrumental in making the NFL into what it is today. Al caught a lot of flack in recent years, but it was nice to see the overwhelming sympathy from NFL fans everywhere after the sad news. RIP Al, and my thoughts are with his family, who lost more than just an NFL icon.

tornadospotter
10-10-2011, 08:56 PM
RIP Al, You will be missed by many.

okikcfan
10-11-2011, 08:35 AM
I have always loved to hate Al Davis. At the same time I have always had a Great deal of respect for him. I also have to thank him, for it was my dislike for him that made me a die hard Chiefs fan. Lamar Hunt and Al Davis are the two biggest names in the history of the AFL/NFL. Football is what it is because of both of them, R.I.P. gentlemen, and I for one Thank You for all you have done.

chiefnut
10-11-2011, 08:51 AM
never liked al, always thought he was a lunatic w/the key to the asylym. that said he was a big part of the history of the AFL, the CHIEFS, and the NFL. so thanks Al for helping Lamar make football what is is today. it was somehow comforting to know that he would be there to screw up the raiders, now they may get a good GM and be compettitve again. a local raiders fan here said that son mark did not want to run the team.