PDA

View Full Version : Haters Thread.

matthewschiefs
10-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Thought I would make the thread for the haters like kctouchdown and chiefsrule to make excuses for why this team won today. Keep your post colts hateing here
JUST how nice of a guy i am this is the place to hate guys. :D :chiefs: :chiefs:

figcrostic
10-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Thought I would make the thread for the haters like kctouchdown and chiefsrule to make excuses for why this team won today. Keep your post colts hateing here
JUST how nice of a guy i am this is the place to hate guys. :D :chiefs: :chiefs:

you might as well throw iratefan under the bus as well.

chief31
10-09-2011, 04:37 PM
No need to gloat.

It makes it tougher for a Chiefs fan with low expectations, to embrace the team's success.

I think all of the people mentioned are good people, who simply don't trust the direction of this team, right now.

Should we continue to use the passing game to open up the running lanes, and the defense gain some consistency, I think it will be tough for some members to keep their grip on their anger against whoever they dislike on The Chiefs.

But beating two winless teams is a success that should be viewed pretty warily.

I think we all know that.

josh1971
10-09-2011, 04:44 PM

I disagree. These are the teams we SHOULD beat. And we have. We will see what happems when we run into another winning team.

chief31
10-09-2011, 04:55 PM
I disagree. These are the teams we SHOULD beat. And we have. We will see what happems when we run into another winning team.

Really? You are supremely confident in this team right now?

I like winning the games we "should" win. But I am very limited in the confidence it gives me.

Not trying to argue with you. But I do find it quite surprising that you would not be apprehensive about squeaking out a couple of games against "lesser" teams.

matthewschiefs
10-09-2011, 05:00 PM

I like winning the games we "should" win. But I am very limited in the confidence it gives me.

Not trying to argue with you. But I do find it quite surprising that you would not be apprehensive about squeaking out a couple of games against "lesser" teams.

This game does give me confidence

Down 17 on the road a team that has all sorts of injuries usely doesn't go your way. This team fought back got back in the game and WON. It was not pretty theres pleanty to work on.

The reason I go after the two that I listed is they will come on GIVE THIS TEAM NO CREDIT for this win. The colts are a decent team. They are not horrible. THey might be winless but they have battled and lost. They have been working on there qb spot. It's not like there horrible.

matthewschiefs
10-09-2011, 05:01 PM
you might as well throw iratefan under the bus as well.

I don't find him to be a hater. He does tend to give the team some credit. I listed the two i did because they refuse to give the team any credit at all when they win. Just something that really bugs me LOL

kilobytes
10-09-2011, 05:08 PM
I do not think the Colts are that bad. With Painter at the helm, the Colts stand a chance now. I think they can be an average team. I feel good about the win.

KCraised
10-09-2011, 05:09 PM
I agree with highlighting this. I DON'T think everyone on this site seems to know this. If you bring up, "yeah, we won but it was against winless teams, it seems you get jumped like you're not a fan. I feel i've been a fan looong enough to call them great or call them crappy. I put alot of stock in when people call out all of the negatives about this team. It means they demand excellence, they aren't willing to settle for less. Haley called Cassel out last week and he played much better, afterwards. Everybody praised Haley for it. Well, these members are calling Chiefs and individuals out and its not too cool for them to do it?
I think the Chiefs played some great competitive football the 2nd half. Cassel was awesome and i admitted that on the game thread. I have zero shame in admitting that. Starting threads like this seems alittle silly to me. Someone needs to ad in the site rules that "You are not allowed to talk negatively about this team or you will be attacked." Seems one sided to me

chief31
10-09-2011, 05:10 PM
This game does give me confidence

Down 17 on the road a team that has all sorts of injuries usely doesn't go your way. This team fought back got back in the game and WON. It was not pretty theres pleanty to work on.

The reason I go after the two that I listed is they will come on GIVE THIS TEAM NO CREDIT for this win. The colts are a decent team. They are not horrible. THey might be winless but they have battled and lost. They have been working on there qb spot. It's not like there horrible.

I don't disagree.

But I'd hate to this all come back on you later.

Just like the people who have been real hard on this team, they now look bad for the severity of their criticism.

It really sucks to have that happen to you when you are the one with the high hopes.

For me, I am going to enjoy the next two weeks, look forward with a much more positive outlook than after week two, but with caution behind my optimism.

I am not trying to tell you what to do. But I really think it would be much more respectful to take it easy on those folks, at least until we get back to a .500 record. :D

We will see what happems when we run into another winning team.

It was not pretty theres pleanty to work on.

This is really all I was talking about.

We should absolutely feel good about the past three games, compared to the first two.

But surely we can all agree that there is still reason to be skeptical of this team being competitive for a playoff spot?

chiefnut
10-09-2011, 08:18 PM
i am not saying we are a good team or have turned the corner yet, but i do think we have showed improvement and now give some hope from a dismal season to just a bad one. we probably could have beaten the bolts minus cassels terrible throw for the int. the "D" looked better in that game and even better against the winless vikes. today i liked the way we made adjustments in the 2nd half and came out dominant in the 3rd qtr. the colts only played 3 downs and a punt on offense in the entire 3rd period. yes these teams are not very good but it is nice to know we are better than them. after the first 2 games i could not think of any teams we could beat. still not good but better, i'll take it for now!!!

Miller
10-09-2011, 09:10 PM
No need to gloat.

It makes it tougher for a Chiefs fan with low expectations, to embrace the team's success.

I think all of the people mentioned are good people, who simply don't trust the direction of this team, right now.

Should we continue to use the passing game to open up the running lanes, and the defense gain some consistency, I think it will be tough for some members to keep their grip on their anger against whoever they dislike on The Chiefs.

Great Post!

josh1971
10-09-2011, 11:18 PM

Put the brakes on, son! I never said I was 'supremely' confident in this team. I merely pointed out that when you face a crappy team that is winless, you should win those. And LO! We have.

We have a LOT of deficiencies and things we need to improve. I would feel way more confident with Charles, Berry, and Moeaki in the lineup, and maybe even a dude like Siler. Our lines need to improve.

But to IMMEDIATELY stick a big shiny pin in a victory by rolling one's eyes and saying "Yes, but they were against winless teams" is, to be frank, kinda dickish. Like someone is just looking for reasons to complain.

Not just our second victory- but the second one in a row, and with marked improvement in some areas. Let's keep it rolling!

iratefan
10-09-2011, 11:57 PM
I don't find him to be a hater. He does tend to give the team some credit. I listed the two i did because they refuse to give the team any credit at all when they win. Just something that really bugs me LOL

Thanks for recognizing this - because its true. its a bit amazing how people can pick up on one side of commentary but ignore the other side and use half the facts to make up their mind.

Im encouraged to see this team finally picking up some yardage on big plays - cant compete in this league if you cant do that imo. once your run game gets stuffed and you have nothing to fall back on, its game over. last season should have taught us that if it wasnt already obvious.

Theres still a ton of problems and i dont remain confident going up against the better teams in the league, but at the very least we have to acknowledge that we're clearly not _the_ worst team in the league right now, even if it appeared that way in the first two games of the season.

Doing some things right is a good step right now - still hardly where i hoped we would be after coming off of last season's division title win.

H-townChiefsFan
10-10-2011, 12:06 AM

This!

I mean...this is a public forum, heaven forbid someone express their opinion!!

Chiefs did show some nuts today and congrats to them on a good win. Bowe was a beast finally today. Awesome catch with the tippage.

I'll also give Cassel some props for a good game.Still not sold, but we'll see where he's at when season is over.

doobs_05
10-10-2011, 01:34 AM
I disagree. These are the teams we SHOULD beat. .

I think these wereteams we should beat but at the same time i feel like these are teams we should be blowing out not letting them have a chance to tie the game at the end.

I too want to see this team against a team that has a winning record and see how we do

Chiefster
10-10-2011, 01:59 AM
Although the Colts are winless and the win today only makes me cautiously optimistic for good things in the future; I do, nonetheless, see some redeeming aspects about today's win. We played a team, on their home turf, hungry for that first win and they played like it in the first half. However, we were able to pull it together beginning in the second quarter which extended into the second half after spotting the Colts seventeen point out of the gate. I like the fact that we didn't fold and lay down like we did in the first two weeks of the season.

Hayvern
10-10-2011, 02:04 AM
At least we know we are not going to lose next weekend.

Chiefster
10-10-2011, 02:09 AM
At least we know we are not going to lose next weekend.

:lol:

...Or get injured in a game.

bbacker51
10-10-2011, 09:05 AM
Seemed to me like in all of these losses, the playcalling in the first 1.5 quarters is more conservative than...............dare I say it..............Marty. I'd like to see them come out and have a pass play that Cassel throws the ball to a receiver who is more than 10 yards downfield.

Canada
10-10-2011, 11:50 AM
I agree with highlighting this. I DON'T think everyone on this site seems to know this. If you bring up, "yeah, we won but it was against winless teams, it seems you get jumped like you're not a fan. I feel i've been a fan looong enough to call them great or call them crappy. I put alot of stock in when people call out all of the negatives about this team. It means they demand excellence, they aren't willing to settle for less. Haley called Cassel out last week and he played much better, afterwards. Everybody praised Haley for it. Well, these members are calling Chiefs and individuals out and its not too cool for them to do it?
I think the Chiefs played some great competitive football the 2nd half. Cassel was awesome and i admitted that on the game thread. I have zero shame in admitting that. Starting threads like this seems alittle silly to me. Someone needs to ad in the site rules that "You are not allowed to talk negatively about this team or you will be attacked." Seems one sided to meNo one says you arent a fan for criticism. I say people arent fans when they constantly bash the Chiefs and then claim its reality. Sure there are deficiencies on the team but there are a lot of positives too. If all you can see is negative stuff about these guys then you either arent paying attention or you arent a fan. Its pretty simple. That is why some people get jumped all over. (FYI, I am not referring to you) I do think its funny that 2 members who shall remain nameless were all over these boards for the first three weeks talking about how bad we are...and now, two wins later...they are nowhere to be found.

And responding to people speaking negatively is not attacking someone, its responding. Its is a board for discussion about the Chiefs and there are some pretty die hard fans so when u bring up the negative (which is often unjustified) then you will get a response from those people.

chief31
10-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Put the brakes on, son! I never said I was 'supremely' confident in this team. I merely pointed out that when you face a crappy team that is winless, you should win those. And LO! We have.

You disagreed with the notion of being cautious with the optimism, but yet you are expressing caution in your optimism.

By saying you disagree with being wary (Cautious) about the recent success, you are expressing that there is no caution, and therefore, you think that unbridled confidence is appropriate.

We have a LOT of deficiencies and things we need to improve. I would feel way more confident with Charles, Berry, and Moeaki in the lineup, and maybe even a dude like Siler. Our lines need to improve.

So, again you disgree with being cautious, but immediately express your caution?

How are you continuing to disagree, only to make my exact case?

But to IMMEDIATELY stick a big shiny pin in a victory by rolling one's eyes and saying "Yes, but they were against winless teams" is, to be frank, kinda dickish. Like someone is just looking for reasons to complain.

Not just our second victory- but the second one in a row, and with marked improvement in some areas. Let's keep it rolling!

Here it is.

It's the facts that have you all riled up?

First off, I didn't roll my eyes. And there was absolutely no evidence to lead you to that assumption.

Would it be d***ish to point out the quality of opponents, had they been undefeated coming in?

What is the waiting period on facts presentation for you?

When would it not be d**ish to talk about facts?

The quality of opponents does matter. If we had beaten two undefeated teams, it would matter, and the fact that the two teams were winnless matters just the same.

I have been the loudest defender of this team, against the very harsh criticisms since week one, and you have the nerve to call me a d*** because I point out that the current facts do not actually apply against those people right now?

It is no more respectful to flaunt two wins than it was to flaunt two losses.

And it is completely innapropriate for you to get such an attitude about my expression of cautious optimism, while you display the exact same sentiment.

matthewschiefs
10-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Someone needs to ad in the site rules that "You are not allowed to talk negatively about this team or you will be attacked." Seems one sided to me

I don't think that anyone minds a negitive post or two on here. I myself have maid some post that can be considered negitive. Just look at yesterdays gamethread when i got to 17-0 I was talking about fireing the coach. What people like myself do mind is people like the two i named who are 100% negitive. If you say any thing that is postive about this team they claim to be a realist and you are just looking at this team trough "rose colored glasses" That's what I have a problem with. Last week one of the two i listed told Canada he wasn't a fan. I named the two I did for those reasons. Because all they do on this site is hate on the Chiefs. Even after wins.

azchiefsfan
10-10-2011, 12:50 PM
I think matthewschiefs is dead on. I have voiced serious concerns over aspects of our game and respect those who do. Where I draw a line and question someone's loyalty to the team is when I know I read 3 specific people's posts, there will be nothing but trashing the team. When something good takes place, there will be sarcastic and vicious comments to discount it. I don't think fans need to be Pollyanna in their assessments. But how about a little less negativism and a little more optimism. Last years team proved we aren't a bad team, but listen to the 3 haters and you'd think we were last in the NFL, much less AFC West champions.

chief31
10-10-2011, 01:02 PM
I think the Chiefs played some great competitive football the 2nd half. Cassel was awesome and i admitted that on the game thread. I have zero shame in admitting that. Starting threads like this seems alittle silly to me.

That's one way of looking at it. But then, it may well be that Cassel called Haley out, and the supporting evidence would be the chnage in the play-calling.

But it is cool to call them out. Just expect some staunch opposition from those who don't see things the same way.

Someone needs to ad in the site rules that "You are not allowed to talk negatively about this team or you will be attacked." Seems one sided to me

It was the severity, and the quantity that drew such a strong reaction.

It was the feeling of being kicked, while down, that made it harder to take.

And, as for "seems one sided", I imagine that's because you missed how one-sided the attacks were after the first couple of games.

Not to mention, you did choose your side. Nobody forced you onto the side with fewer (currently) supporters.

And, while I agree that starting "I told you so" threads is not the classiest thing that could be done, this is reactionary to the numerous "I told you so" threads from the start of the season.

Your protests about those threads were pretty difficult to find.

Seems one-sided to me. :D (<<<Smiley means light-hearted remark.)

OPLookn
10-10-2011, 01:15 PM

Would you like to be the pot or the kettle? They put up posts and start threads when the Chiefs lose because they're upset about the direction of the team and how things are going. After being blown out the first two games who wouldn't or shouldn't be? But then after two wins you throw up a post calling these two guys out and throwing the wins in their faces. It's comes from the same sentiment.

Overall I'm glad we won the last two games. Hate that we seem to wait to only play the second half but I'll take a bite of some humble pie today as Cassel looked like a gun slinger and impressed me. I won't finish the pie til the season ends although with the second half he had I'd be more than happy to eat it if he continues playing like that!

On a separate note I have a question of everyone here, is it just me or are offenses continually running towards Dorsey's side? Not that Jackson is holding the line on his end but it's just something that I seem to notice in the games I've watched. The other thing I saw was that Houston impressed me the times I saw him in and Arenas just got beat like a drum yesterday. Seemed like the were targeting him.

Chiefster
10-10-2011, 01:35 PM
No one says you arent a fan for criticism. I say people arent fans when they constantly bash the Chiefs and then claim its reality. Sure there are deficiencies on the team but there are a lot of positives too. If all you can see is negative stuff about these guys then you either arent paying attention or you arent a fan. Its pretty simple. That is why some people get jumped all over. (FYI, I am not referring to you) I do think its funny that 2 members who shall remain nameless were all over these boards for the first three weeks talking about how bad we are...and now, two wins later...they are nowhere to be found.

And responding to people speaking negatively is not attacking someone, its responding. Its is a board for discussion about the Chiefs and there are some pretty die hard fans so when u bring up the negative (which is often unjustified) then you will get a response from those people.

Excellent point my friend. Rep!

Edit: I was going yto give you rep but apparently I have given out too much of it lately. :(

SIC J
10-10-2011, 02:04 PM
This!

I mean...this is a public forum, heaven forbid someone express their opinion!!

Chiefs did show some nuts today and congrats to them on a good win. Bowe was a beast finally today. Awesome catch with the tippage.

I'll also give Cassel some props for a good game.Still not sold, but we'll see where he's at when season is over.

Cassel has posted a rating over 100 the last 3 games. Which is not just a coincidence that the play calling has been night and day from the first 2 1/2 games.

SIC J
10-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Down 17 in an away game to come back and win. If that's not giving a team confidence, I don't know what is.

If you want to use the "Chiefs beat 2 losing teams" then what do you say about the Chargers who have beat teams with a combined record of 4-15 and have BARELY beat all of them? LOL

To me that would mean the Chiefs still have a good chance at winning the division!!!

tornadospotter
10-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Down 17 in an away game to come back and win. If that's not giving a team confidence, I don't know what is.

If you want to use the "Chiefs beat 2 losing teams" then what do you say about the Chargers who have beat teams with a combined record of 4-15 and have BARELY beat all of them? LOL

To me that would mean the Chiefs still have a good chance at winning the division!!!
I totally agree with this, I even made myself a little ill rooting for the donks to pull of the win! I had to take a shower after that. :D

doobs_05
10-11-2011, 01:46 AM
Cassel has posted a rating over 100 the last 3 games. Which is not just a coincidence that the play calling has been night and day from the first 2 1/2 games.
Thought the rating system was 0-100 or is that just espn trying to be cool and making their own?

doobs_05
10-11-2011, 01:47 AM

The raiders look like the team to beat in this division, but thats just me

chiefnut
10-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Thought the rating system was 0-100 or is that just espn trying to be cool and making their own?

i think he is referring to the standard QB "passer" rating system not the new espn QB efficiency rating

chiefnut
10-11-2011, 08:26 AM
i think he is referring to the standard QB "passer" rating system not the new espn QB efficiency rating

actually cassel had an 86.5 overall efficiency rating for wk 5 which was 4th behind smith, big ben, and breese. he is a mediocre 55.0 for the season. 50 is considered the dividing line for nfl qbs [average]

TopekaRoy
10-11-2011, 11:53 AM
I think that you can absolutely win with Cassel. That said, I still want my quarterback to be hands-down the best player on the team.

Yes, Cassel can win with all these weapons around him, but couldn't any above average quarterback? What would happen if an elite QB had these weapons?
Who wouldn't like to have an elite QB and the best players in the NFL at every position?. The reality is, that with the salary cap, That's not going to happen. You need a few great players at key positions and then you fill out your roster with decent players at the other positions. I believe the best teams are not the ones with the most good players, they are the ones with the fewest bad players. If our O-line went from bad to average (and we had our injured players back) that alone would make a huge difference.

Players like Rodgers, Brady and Manning don't come around very often and only one team will get Luck next year. That team will also likely have to deal with a new coaching staff and weaknesses at other key positions. The rest of us will just have to try to get better at our weakest positions.

Canada
10-11-2011, 03:21 PM
I bet every person who thinks we cant win with Cassel said that Trent Dilfer would never win a Super Bowl too.

TopekaRoy
10-11-2011, 06:23 PM
I bet every person who thinks we cant win with Cassel said that Trent Dilfer would never win a Super Bowl too.
Please don't ever, ever compare Cassel to Dilfer again!:whipping1:
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/08/4.jpg

tornadospotter
10-11-2011, 06:59 PM
:mob: Since this is a haters thread! :bash: I just want to get some things cleared up! :efpge: I hate the fact that debates get personal! :meow: I hate the fact that we lost the games we did! :sign0153: we lost?
I do not like to lose, but bovine excrement happens! And I hate that!!!!

One thing that I can never Hate is!

The home of the CHIEFS!!! MNF - YouTube

chief31
10-11-2011, 09:49 PM

I said that. :lol:

matthewschiefs
10-11-2011, 11:21 PM
I said that. :lol:
You mean You were wrong I FIND THIS SHOCKING :mooning: :lol:

doobs_05
10-12-2011, 01:25 AM
I said "With that D Baltimore can win with any QB"
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/10/6.jpg

SIC J
10-12-2011, 02:19 AM

I didn't know espn had their own rating system. haha

jap1
10-12-2011, 04:02 AM
I didn't know espn had their own rating system. haha

ESPN came out with a new system this year that is 0-100. It is a much more complicated rating system that takes into account things like total yards vs yards after the catch, and performance in certain situations.

AkChief49
10-12-2011, 07:43 AM
ESPN came out with a new system this year that is 0-100. It is a much more complicated rating system that takes into account things like total yards vs yards after the catch, and performance in certain situations.
Did not their system have Tebow rated higher than Rodgers this week?

Three7s
10-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Tyler Thigpen could've won with that Baltimore defense.

The reason people say the Chiefs can't win a Super Bowl with Matt Cassel is because, realistically, the Chiefs defense won't become one of the greatest of all time like the Ravens and 02 Bucs had.

If it weren't for those defenses, Dilfer and Johnson would have never come close.

azchiefsfan
10-12-2011, 10:45 AM

The reason people say the Chiefs can't win a Super Bowl with Matt Cassel is because, realistically, the Chiefs defense won't become one of the greatest of all time like the Ravens and 02 Bucs had.

If it weren't for those defenses, Dilfer and Johnson would have never come close.

The same could be said of nearly every Super Bowl winning teams.

Canada
10-12-2011, 12:28 PM

If it weren't for those defenses, Dilfer and Johnson would have never come close.Why not...they did it in the 90s

chief31
10-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Tom Brady was a very mediocre QB when he was winning Super Bowls.

I'll take a team that is strong all over, over a team with a big name QB everytime.

Then, once we win The Super Bowl, I will have both! :lol:

Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger are now big name QBs, basically, because their mediocre play happened to find them winning Super Bowls.

And they have become big stat QBs since then.....with no Super Bowl wins.

If Matt Cassel continues to play as he has for the last season, or so, and we do win a Super Bowl, then he will be labled as an elite QB, while still playing at the same level that has him labeled "average" right now.

That's just how it goes. People tend to give all credit, and/or blame, for the rest of the team.

Three7s
10-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Tom Brady was a very mediocre QB when he was winning Super Bowls.

I'll take a team that is strong all over, over a team with a big name QB everytime.

Then, once we win The Super Bowl, I will have both! :lol:

Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger are now big name QBs, basically, because their mediocre play happened to find them winning Super Bowls.

And they have become big stat QBs since then.....with no Super Bowl wins.

If Matt Cassel continues to play as he has for the last season, or so, and we do win a Super Bowl, then he will be labled as an elite QB, while still playing at the same level that has him labeled "average" right now.

That's just how it goes. People tend to give all credit, and/or blame, for the rest of the team.

I sure hope it happens, but if it were to happen this season, it would be a way bigger miracle than the 01 Pats.

josh1971
10-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Jim McMahon was incredibly average in 85:

178/313 2392 yds 15TD 11 INT

But he had a great Defense.

Perhaps that's the key, then, is to beef up this defense and make the team better around Cassell.

chief31
10-12-2011, 08:59 PM
I sure hope it happens, but if it were to happen this season, it would be a way bigger miracle than the 01 Pats.

Yeah. No doubt about that. :D But I was thinking more like the next year, or two. And, if Cassel is still playing at the same level, he will be considered an elite QB by the masses.

chiefnut
10-13-2011, 09:13 AM
i just can't see how anyone can talk about super bowls with a team that may struggle to win 6 games

chief31
10-13-2011, 09:25 AM
i just can't see how anyone can talk about super bowls with a team that may struggle to win 6 games

No?

It's hypothetical. And it also includes the future, beyond this season.

This team has already won a couple of games, and seems to be improving each week.

Adding another draft and FA period, as well as adding Eric Berry, Tony Moeaki and Jamaal Charles to this team next season, with added experience for the young guys, stands a good chance of making a major positive impact to this team for 2012.

And, once a team is in the playoffs, all it takes is a 3-4 game hot streak to become Super Bowl champs.

I do not really trust Pioli, Haley, nor Cassel.

But if I am wrong about them, then this team could well become a dominant force in The NFL.

And, even if I am right, one decent season, as well as some well-timed overachievment and luck, can supply a Super Bowl championship.

pojote
10-13-2011, 10:37 AM
How far is this team to be a SB contender? I don't think it's very far. A little analysis:

QB: average with some highlights. Needs to be more consistent. Maybe Zorn will help him.

RB: with a healthy Charles, the best in the league. McClain was a very good addition.

WR: Bowe is getting consistent, Breaston has shown instant upgrade to the corp, and a third good receiver would be good (Baldwin?)

OL: running good!!! passing baaad!!! Needs to get better.

DL: in a 3-4 deffense, these guys should get more blocking than tackling. Jackson is getting better, and he's the weakest spot there. An upgrade should be good.

LB: we are paper thin at this position, 2 good OLB (Hali, Houston), 1 good ILB. How many times Hali gets first at a RB in the other side of the field? That's embarrassing. We need at least 3 good LB more.

CB: more depth needed, but Carr and Flowers are good.

Safety: Berry is amazing, Lewis is fine, and that's all. 2 guys, in a position that you need 4.

Conclusion: I don't think that if we get an Elite QB overnight, an instant improvement (I don't believe that a rookie would be), we can be contenders. Right additions, over a QB change could do that.

matthewschiefs
10-13-2011, 03:32 PM
How far is this team to be a SB contender? I don't think it's very far. A little analysis:

QB: average with some highlights. Needs to be more consistent. Maybe Zorn will help him.

RB: with a healthy Charles, the best in the league. McClain was a very good addition.

WR: Bowe is getting consistent, Breaston has shown instant upgrade to the corp, and a third good receiver would be good (Baldwin?)

OL: running good!!! passing baaad!!! Needs to get better.

DL: in a 3-4 deffense, these guys should get more blocking than tackling. Jackson is getting better, and he's the weakest spot there. An upgrade should be good.

LB: we are paper thin at this position, 2 good OLB (Hali, Houston), 1 good ILB. How many times Hali gets first at a RB in the other side of the field? That's embarrassing. We need at least 3 good LB more.

CB: more depth needed, but Carr and Flowers are good.

Safety: Berry is amazing, Lewis is fine, and that's all. 2 guys, in a position that you need 4.

Conclusion: I don't think that if we get an Elite QB overnight, an instant improvement (I don't believe that a rookie would be), we can be contenders. Right additions, over a QB change could do that.

I agree with your thoughts on this team. Whats scary in a good way is the way the offense has moved the ball the last couple of weeks missing the weapons that they are. Charles, Moeaki,Baldwin all missing. It's kind of scary to think of what this team would be able to do with all the weapons are there.

josh1971
10-13-2011, 10:11 PM
So far, I haven't seen where McClain has been that much of an upgrade over Cox. Certainly not to the level that he was talked up to be.

We still need a great NT- maybe Powe will be that guy. We do need depth at LB.

Our O-line, as I said when everyone started clamoring for Andrew Luck, is what needs the most and the best upgrades. True- we have some guys that are supposed to be good that are new, but Barry Richardson (to me) is a guy that should be selling ice cold beer in the stands, not starting at RT.

I'd say Hudson, Asamoah, and Albert are the keepers. That leaves us needing another good guard and tackle, and guys for depth. LOTS of depth.

One guy's humble opinion.

Canada
10-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Is there still a betting thread?? Can we start an over/under on when kctouchdown and chiefsrule come back with a thread about how they were run off the boards??

chief31
10-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Is there still a betting thread?? Can we start an over/under on when kctouchdown and chiefsrule come back with a thread about how they were run off the boards??

KCtouchdown's last post was nine days ago, and it has been twelve days for Chiefsrule.

Starting to look like our next loss, or generally poor performance may be the next time we hear from either of them, if at all.

Not to mention, Chiefsrule went AWOL once before, only to show back up after a very nasty start to the season.

pojote
10-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Tough schedule, so if we lose 2 games in a row, we'll see them again.

SIC J
10-14-2011, 03:33 PM
KCtouchdown's last post was nine days ago, and it has been twelve days for Chiefsrule.

Starting to look like our next loss, or generally poor performance may be the next time we hear from either of them, if at all.

Not to mention, Chiefsrule went AWOL once before, only to show back up after a very nasty start to the season.

What's funny is they were always saying stuff like "I hope I'm wrong" but now that they have been the last 2 weeks, they disappear. I guess that proves they really didn't hope they were wrong.

azchiefsfan
10-14-2011, 03:37 PM
I have 'em both blocked so I won't know if they come back.:punk:

Chiefster
10-14-2011, 04:08 PM
I have 'em both blocked so I won't know if they come back.:punk:

You da man! :bananen_smilies046:

matthewschiefs
10-14-2011, 05:09 PM

That's one of the reasons I get so upset with them. They claim to be Chief fans but when things are going well they are no where to be found. Sounds to me like we just had a couple of trolls.

chief31
10-14-2011, 09:19 PM
That's one of the reasons I get so upset with them. They claim to be Chief fans but when things are going well they are no where to be found. Sounds to me like we just had a couple of trolls.

Well, there is a certain amount of difficulty in having to admit you were wrong.

And, at this point, I doubt either is even ready to backtrack on their opinions, seeing as how the two teams we have beat were winless when we played them.

In all likelihood, each is probably just avoiding the fight, while the immediate evidence doesn't particularly support the claims, nor fully oppose them.

Having come on so strong about their opinions, it's not always easy to slow your tone, especially when the current situation could be used to say "I told you so", against them.

If things do start going bad again, then each will likely return.

But I would like to see how each would handle it if this team does disprove their claims.

I hope to see them both return, once The Chiefs beat a couple of the better teams on the schedule.

Chiefster
10-14-2011, 10:40 PM
There is a good amount of validity to matthewchiefs claims. Most other Chiefs fans that post here do so whether we win, lose or draw.

doobs_05
10-14-2011, 11:15 PM
I blasted the chiefs (and cassel, i still don't like him) but i'm still here, these boys need to man up

Ryfo18
10-18-2011, 11:35 AM
This guy is just trying to get everyone riled up. Let this be the last post in this thread, as his only mission is to cause a ruckus.

:blows: :troll31:

MissingTBone
10-18-2011, 12:18 PM
We came close to beating the Bolts who lead the division. I think we will be more competitive the rest of the season, we just had to regroup after losing 3 of our best players. We will not get the #1 pick in the draft without trading for it. So if youre on the Luck bandwagon you might wanna start rooting for the Dolphins.

azchiefsfan
10-18-2011, 12:21 PM
Enlightening, do tell. Please carry on.

matthewschiefs
10-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Hey!!!!

We need to talk about something my fellow chiefs fans, and that is dont be fooled by us winning 2 in a row vs HORRIBLE and when i say horrible i mean it. Colts/vikes have combined for 1 win all year. Beating bad teams and losing to good teams? Sounds like last year. We have seen the chiefs **** themselves the past 3 seasons (including this one) against good teams. Raiders should mop the floor with us like they did last year, its not too late to hop on the luck bandwagon, there is still that small chance!

So come aboard my fellow chiefs fans, we would love to have you.

Ignore the good only look at the bad BLAH BLAH BLAH :ninerssuck: :sign0023: :clueless:

chief31
10-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Hey!!!!

We need to talk about something my fellow chiefs fans, and that is dont be fooled by us winning 2 in a row vs HORRIBLE and when i say horrible i mean it. Colts/vikes have combined for 1 win all year. Beating bad teams and losing to good teams? Sounds like last year. We have seen the chiefs **** themselves the past 3 seasons (including this one) against good teams. Raiders should mop the floor with us like they did last year, its not too late to hop on the luck bandwagon, there is still that small chance!

This didn't need to be it's own thread. That topic was already available for you, right here. :D

chief31
10-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Colts havnt even won a game and we were down 17 and barely won, lol...

This reminds me of last season, beating horrible teams to just getting in the playoffs. Well chief31 you will get a wake up call when we actually play a legit team again and get smashed just like last year.

Pioli has us on the right track alright

Haha and what is up with merging my threads? C'mon, chiefsrule and I have the only realistic take on the chiefs. Beat horrible teams lose to solid/good. But dont worry guys, we have 11 million dollar a year qb!

Everything good? 4-12, 10-6, and now 1-15 is good?

Realistic you say?

Even after you have been thouroughly proven to be exaggerating, you still think that you are the one with the realistic view?

And the fact remains that my 5-11 prediction axcludes me from your so-called "wake up call".

As for merging the threads, you have a habit of starting redundant threads, and this is just another case of that exact same thing.

This thread was already here talking about how you can belittle every positive aspect of the team, while overemphasizing every negative thing you can find, or invent.

You do not have a realistic view. That has already been proven beyond a doubt.

You had labelled this the worst team ever long ago, and have been proven completely wrong.

And those who are so completely exaggeraive are clearly not the realists. That would be a contradiction.

chief31
10-18-2011, 02:06 PM
My friend Chief31,

When I feel kc deserves respect, i will give it. They go on the road and beat oak and then sd at home, i will be a believer...

ok?

Giving them a chance

Really?

its not too late to hop on the luck bandwagon, there is still that small chance!

Looks like a lie to me.

Giving them a chance to be the wrost team in The NFL, that's about all.

matthewschiefs
10-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Colts havnt even won a game and we were down 17 and barely won, lol...

This reminds me of last season, beating horrible teams to just getting in the playoffs. Well chief31 you will get a wake up call when we actually play a legit team again and get smashed just like last year.

Pioli has us on the right track alright

Haha and what is up with merging my threads? C'mon, chiefsrule and I have the only realistic take on the chiefs. Beat horrible teams lose to solid/good. But dont worry guys, we have 11 million dollar a year qb!

YEah those teams we beat last year were horrible except the week a few of them played the Chargers that week they suddenly were good for one week. Face it when you win a game in the NFL you earned that win no matter who it's against. The Chargers in our divison are proof of that last year. They were a damn good team when you have the 1st ranked offense and defense like they did a year ago your a good team. They lost 2 games to the NFC west and a killer game in dec to the bengals. EVERY win in the nfl counts. No matter how much you want to discredit 10-6 last year you can't. IT's NOT realistic to say every win is a fluke. Your either trolling like many have said or you just think you know far much more about football then what you really do.

This is a GOOD team. If they had there full team they could be great. We have lost KEY parts of offense and defense with ACL tears. Yet we went the the Chargers place and at the end of that game we had a shot to BEAT THEM. That's far better then what happend a year ago when we went there. This next couple of games are MUST wins if this team has a shot to get back to the playoffs in my eyes.

doobs_05
10-19-2011, 06:12 AM
I am not a troll sir, feel free for the Admin to confirm i do live in kc (north of the river) Actually have my chiefs shirt on right now

pics or gtfo!!!!

lol

Canada
10-19-2011, 07:38 AM
Yes I will give them a honest chance... Honestly! Honest chance. They beat Oak and then SD, I will be optimistic, and not a realist for the rest of this year... In fact, if they do beat those teams, I would have to be a realist in saying "KC might be close to being good" or "They are already good."

Fair?You do know that realist is not the opposite of optimist right? Pessimist is the opposite of optimist. Get your sh!t straight before you claim to be a "realist"

OPLookn
10-19-2011, 10:39 AM
You do know that realist is not the opposite of optimist right? Pessimist is the opposite of optimist. Get your sh!t straight before you claim to be a "realist"

A pessimest is what an optimistic calls an realist.

pojote
10-19-2011, 10:55 AM
This is a pessimist view of chiefs season:

Lose every game for a 2-14 record, get third pick in draft, pick a QB (not named Luck) that will be a bust, trade Stanzi for a seventh pick to SD, who starts immediately and probes himself as an elite QB instantly.

TopekaRoy
10-19-2011, 11:15 AM
This is a pessimist view of chiefs season:

Lose every game for a 2-14 record, get third pick in draft, pick a QB (not named Luck) that will be a bust, trade Stanzi for a seventh pick to SD, who starts immediately and probes himself as an elite QB instantly.
Ewww! I hope he doesn't do that during a game on TV!

pojote
10-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Ewww! I hope he doesn't do that during a game on TV!

LOL!

prove and probe in spanish are the same word, so I learned something new, in a funny way.

Chiefster
10-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Hey!!!!

You have such pretty blood red squares. :D

matthewschiefs
10-19-2011, 01:00 PM
I am not a troll sir, feel free for the Admin to confirm i do live in kc (north of the river) Actually have my chiefs shirt on right now

You might not be a troll but when you come onto a teams boards and only point out the negitive people are going to wonder if you are a troll or not.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out areas that you have concerns about with the team. I myself have done so on a number of occasions. But saying yeah but after every win or everything that goes right for the team is not being a realist. Every win is earned no matter who you play. If you would just be willing to show any enjoyment in the wins then people wouldn't be so strong against you when you point out your concerns.

Canada
10-19-2011, 06:39 PM
I am not a troll sir, feel free for the Admin to confirm i do live in kc (north of the river) Actually have my chiefs shirt on right nowTrolls are human beings...no one questioned your humanity.

chief31
10-19-2011, 11:12 PM
Yes I will give them a honest chance... Honestly! Honest chance. They beat Oak and then SD, I will be optimistic, and not a realist for the rest of this year... In fact, if they do beat those teams, I would have to be a realist in saying "KC might be close to being good" or "They are already good."

Fair?

If they win both of those games, then you are proven to not be a realist, as your outlook has been of a bad football team, and bad football teams don't go on four game winning streaks.

What actually din=misses you from being a realist, right now, is the total lack of a balanced view.

Your view seems fueled by emotion, with analysis mixed in.

But, unlike a "homer", your emotional view seems to be of ire for specific individuals on the team, leading to specifically negative thoughts about every relative aspect.

Carrying on about how we are the worst team in The NFL is not realism when we are 2-3.

OPLookn
10-20-2011, 11:30 AM
You know what my outlook is for this team, herm's picks have made this team. I dont want to look up the stats again, but from what I can remember the last 3 seasons we have beaten 1 team with above a .500 record.

I repeat, we have beaten 1 team possibly 2 in the last 3 seasons with over a .500 record, which I believe was SD that first week.

I mean 1 or 2 wins against over .500 teams IN THREE SEASONS IS AWFUL

Once they show me they can beat some solid/good teams I will believe this team is going in the right direction.

Fair enough my good man?

I'll have to disagree with herm's picks making this team. The entire 2010 draft class (barring injuries) would be starting right now(albeit it Arenas as a nickelback but fielding returns). Jackson, Succop and...I think Washington are still here from 2009. The 2011 class is still way to early to say good or bad. Anyone that was in last years draft class still gets a pass from me as they're maybe 23 or 24 right now playing in the NFL. Give them til 25, 26 or 27 and then complain about someone else's picks making the team what it is because they've had more than 2 years in the NFL.

I do have to agree with you about beating teams that are better than .500, not .500 but better than. This team hasn't been consistent about beating a team like that since the early 2000's. But I think with a few more good drafts we'll be right there and beating those teams.

matthewschiefs
10-20-2011, 01:02 PM
You know what my outlook is for this team, herm's picks have made this team. I dont want to look up the stats again, but from what I can remember the last 3 seasons we have beaten 1 team with above a .500 record.

I repeat, we have beaten 1 team possibly 2 in the last 3 seasons with over a .500 record, which I believe was SD that first week.

Once they show me they can beat some solid/good teams I will believe this team is going in the right direction.

Fair enough my good man?

Actually in the last 3 years we have more then one win against .500 teams. Beat the then defending champs the steelers in 09.

But heres my question to you. Was this team beating anyone in the couple of years before 09? 6 wins in two years means that we were not even beating the bad teams. That's the thing you keep missing. You don't just go from 2-14 to being a contender. You build your team back up. We are still in that progress. This year has been a little step back so far but the season is not over. If this team could go 8-8 with all things that went on would you say that's a step back?

OPLookn
10-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Actually in the last 3 years we have more then one win against .500 teams. Beat the then defending champs the steelers in 09.

But heres my question to you. Was this team beating anyone in the couple of years before 09? 6 wins in two years means that we were not even beating the bad teams. That's the thing you keep missing. You don't just go from 2-14 to being a contender. You build your team back up. We are still in that progress. This year has been a little step back so far but the season is not over. If this team could go 8-8 with all things that went on would you say that's a step back?

I've finally figured out why people are going back and forth with this. I'm simply taking your 8-8 prediction (I realize that might not be what you actually are predicting) and going with it. People by now have their thoughts about what record we'll have when the season is over and then defending their prediction like it's law. I did it earlier so I'm definitely guilty of it. If the Chiefs go 8-8 with the injuries they've got I'll be happy with the year and continue to know that football shouldn't be my profession at any level.

However, if we do horrible as others are predicting I think that's where they're saying dump Cassel, Haley, Pioli, (insert any other player, coach, etc. here). As I said earlier after going back and forth with Chief I realize I need to back down on my thoughts until the season is over and then I'll either be right or set for the winter with lots and lots of humble pie to eat.

:bananen_smilies046:

chief31
10-20-2011, 02:11 PM

Fair enough my good man?

Sort of.

It just seems like you are dealing in extremes. Like, either they are beating all the great teams, or they should all be ground into mulch.

Building a winner is a process. And starting with 2-14 leftovers makes it a long process.

You have to teach that 2-14 team to win some games, and we did.

Then, once you get them that confidence, you can stack them up against better teams. And we saw what happened at the end of last year.

So, the next step is to figure out how to compete with the better teams.

And, when you have as many setbacks as we have had, the road gets a bit bumpy.

At least that's how I see it.

If you thought we were terrible last season, then why would you hold this team to such a high standard this year?

Yes, they overachieved in 2010, and took advantage of an easy schedule.

But if you don't see that as a step in the right direction, from 2-14, then 4-12, then there is something wrong.

Sure they took a little step back to start the season, but I think you are more based in not seeing last season as a major step, than anything else.

And so far, they have already exceeded your expectations from week two. How is that not the right direction?

Anyway, setbacks are so named because of the actual effect they have, in setting your building schedule back.

And this year started with a lot of major setbacks.

That is why I had low expectations, and it's why I do not see The Chiefs as a particular letdown, right now.

I expected the changes to take some time to fit in, and that will cause setbacks.

By the end of this season, I expect to see a very tough football team in The Chiefs. If not, then my opinion will swing back toward the far low end.

Until then, things are going according to what I expected.

I just think that "giving them a chance" consists of more than expectations of high draft position.

Hayvern
10-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Sort of.

It just seems like you are dealing in extremes. Like, either they are beating all the great teams, or they should all be ground into mulch.

Building a winner is a process. And starting with 2-14 leftovers makes it a long process.

You have to teach that 2-14 team to win some games, and we did.

Then, once you get them that confidence, you can stack them up against better teams. And we saw what happened at the end of last year.

So, the next step is to figure out how to compete with the better teams.

And, when you have as many setbacks as we have had, the road gets a bit bumpy.

At least that's how I see it.

If you thought we were terrible last season, then why would you hold this team to such a high standard this year?

Yes, they overachieved in 2010, and took advantage of an easy schedule.

But if you don't see that as a step in the right direction, from 2-14, then 4-12, then there is something wrong.

Sure they took a little step back to start the season, but I think you are more based in not seeing last season as a major step, than anything else.

And so far, they have already exceeded your expectations from week two. How is that not the right direction?

Anyway, setbacks are so named because of the actual effect they have, in setting your building schedule back.

And this year started with a lot of major setbacks.

That is why I had low expectations, and it's why I do not see The Chiefs as a particular letdown, right now.

I expected the changes to take some time to fit in, and that will cause setbacks.

By the end of this season, I expect to see a very tough football team in The Chiefs. If not, then my opinion will swing back toward the far low end.

Until then, things are going according to what I expected.

I just think that "giving them a chance" consists of more than expectations of high draft position.

This is why I like Chief31, he tells it like it is. I guess none of you remember Haley saying last year that this team was not a good team yet. I heard it, and I believed it. I loved that we were able to put together a winner last year, but that team was not ready for prime time.

This year, we are still not ready for primetime. We could have been, maybe, but we are not there. Include the players we have out due to injury and I am surprised we have as many wins as we do at this point of the season.

I am happy just watching this team play, if we win, then that is just some whipped cream on top of an already delicious dessert.

chief31
10-22-2011, 05:58 PM
All I am saying in the 3 not yet full seasons he has been here why cant we atleast beat some good teams? I mean 1 or 2 wins over teams with winning records in 2 full seasons and 5 games is pathetic. That is the reality of the situation. You cant tell me they are headed in the right direction when they get thumped by teams that are legit, you just cant tell me that. You will have the chance to prove it the next 2 weeks. Even though this is carson palmers very first start, i will still give the chiefs this one if they can beat oak and then sd.

Exceeded my expectations? Haha, i dont consider winning 5 games this year "exceeding my expectations" I said they would go 1-15 which was obviously a joke. I knew we would beat den at home, miami at home and indy since manning was out. And about hte set backs, not sure if you were relating that due to the injuries we have had, but if you are its the GM's job to address the depth for our team, and you and i both know we have absolutely no depth.

No matter how hard anybody tries to acquire depth, there are only so many injuries a team can lose, and still expect to be competitive.

What, again, is your opinion of The Colts, without Manning?

Some players are harder to replace than others.

And thinking that The Colts should be able to compete for a Super Bowl, while Manning is out for the season is just ridiculous. As is expecting The Chiefs to be as competitive with the losses of JC, Moeaki, and Berry, for the year.

The premise here is just insane.

How on Earth can you expect any other player to perform at JC's level? How can you expect a backup to match the abilities of Eric Berry?

I dont consider 4/12 then 10-6 then being well below .500 going in the right direction.

2-3 is not "well below .500". (So much for giving them a chance, hunh?)

Although, considering the OC situation, as well as the players lost to injury, I would fully expect a rough season.

Not saying they are/would these next 2 games are huge, but certainly if they are in the 5-11 range its time for a change of plan. I am lazy and I will NOT look up the stats, but the chiefs were bad before king carl took over, in his first year i believe they went something in the range of 9-7 now that is a considerable mark for improvement. Not going 2-14 then 4-12, you give me a so called "pro bowl qb" a 3rd pick in the draft, and a solid LB from NE yo uwould think they would of done a hell of a lot better than 4-12.

And no. With a "so-called" Pro Bowl QB added to a 4-12 team, no, you do not expect to be "a hell of a lot better than 4-12".

That's why you predicted 5-11 for this season.

That's why you put "so-called Pro Bowl QB" in there.

Because you absolutely did not expect a lot better.

ctchiefsfan
10-23-2011, 12:28 AM
But surely we can all agree that there is still reason to be skeptical of this team being competitive for a playoff spot?

Making the playoffs is certainly not likely. But if we beat the Raiders tomorrow then we are still in the hunt.

I for one think we CAN beat the Raiders and that with a 3 game winning streak this team could become a bunch of overperformers like they did last year.

But it all hinges on winning this week.

It's all on the line this week....

Raider week....

In Oakland....

Season is on the line.....

Lose and we're done for the season...

Win and we're in the hunt....

JEEZ!!!!! I wish this game was in KC!!!!!

Canada
10-23-2011, 09:33 AM
Making the playoffs is certainly not likely. But if we beat the Raiders tomorrow then we are still in the hunt.

I for one think we CAN beat the Raiders and that with a 3 game winning streak this team could become a bunch of overperformers like they did last year.

Raider week....

In Oakland....

JEEZ!!!!! I wish this game was in KC!!!!!I dont, we have won 7 out of the last 8 in Jokeland!! :chiefs:

Canada
10-23-2011, 09:33 AM

Raider week....

In Oakland....

JEEZ!!!!! I wish this game was in KC!!!!!I dont, we have won 7 out of the last 8 in Jokeland!! :chiefs:

ctchiefsfan
10-23-2011, 12:32 PM
I dont, we have won 7 out of the last 8 in Jokeland!! :chiefs:

EXCELLENT point Canada!!!! Makes me feel better about this afternoon's game.

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

Canada
10-23-2011, 07:26 PM
8 out of 9

OPLookn
10-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Alright, I'm here to take a bite of my humble pie for the Chiefs shutting out the raiders. Unfortunately I had to work during the game but I got to watch the first 14 points go up which was awesome.

I'm not trying to throw Cassel under the bus or anything. I know it's a touchy subject but what was up with the two interceptions? Were they the receivers fault, bad passes, the DB just made a great play or what? Overall going 50% completions for 161 yrd's and 2 picks isn't the best but passing wasn't needed so I can't really fault Cassel for those kind of stats...well possibly the 2 INT's but nothing past that. Still wanna know about the INT's though.

Overall, this was a GREAT win and I'm definitely looking forward to an even better Monday night game facing the Dolts in Arrowhead on what looks to be a mid 40 degree game. Hope you like cold weather Philip Whinevers.

pojote
10-24-2011, 10:59 AM
1st INT was a Hailmary to end first half.

2nd INT was just bad thrown.

Cassel didn't play well overall, but on third downs made pretty good connections with killer B's.

Ryfo18
10-24-2011, 11:57 AM

Cassel didn't play well overall, but on third downs made pretty good connections with killer B's.

I would agree with this, great takeaway from this game. Coming into it, the Chiefs converted about 39% (24/60) of their 3rd downs. Yesterday was 47% (7 for 15). Some perspective, 47% would be good enough for 6th in the NFL on 3rd down conversions. As it is for the year they are at 39% (16th overall). Hopefully this success can be sustained as we continue.

Canada
10-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Cassel really want asked to do much though. It was mostly a running game. We had the lead early and never looked back. Once he hit some rhythm with the WRs he played quite well. Then they pretty much tried to stuff it donw the Raiders throat the 2nd half with some passes thrown in here and there. He wasnt great but this game was won by the defense!!

chief31
10-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Cassel really want asked to do much though. It was mostly a running game. We had the lead early and never looked back. Once he hit some rhythm with the WRs he played quite well. Then they pretty much tried to stuff it donw the Raiders throat the 2nd half with some passes thrown in here and there. He wasnt great but this game was won by the defense!!

Well, no possible way to argue the defense. That was just sick.

Canada
10-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Well, no possible way to argue the defense. That was just sick.Raiders fans have an excuse Im sure!!

OPLookn
10-24-2011, 02:31 PM
The only one I've heard thus far is that Chiefs fans need to wait til Dec when McFadden is back and Palmer is worked into the offense and doing well. Basically, tear drop, tear drop we didn't have all of our starters but if we would have we'd have won.

News flash faiders fans...we didn't have all our starters either and had we it could have been 42-0 or 49-0 I'm thinking. Faiders will always have an excuse.

ctchiefsfan
10-24-2011, 08:39 PM
The only one I've heard thus far is that Chiefs fans need to wait til Dec when McFadden is back and Palmer is worked into the offense and doing well. Basically, tear drop, tear drop we didn't have all of our starters but if we would have we'd have won.

News flash faiders fans...we didn't have all our starters either and had we it could have been 42-0 or 49-0 I'm thinking. Faiders will always have an excuse.

Are you kidding? If we had had Charles, Moeaki and Berry there is no way we would have scored less than 50 points!!!!

It would have been so destructive Oakland would probably have forfeited the season!

SIC J
10-29-2011, 05:10 PM

That 2nd INT he pump faked, the defender bit hard and he went for the lob to McCluster but didn't see the safety coming from the top.

Can't blame him for the 1st INT.

OPLookn
10-31-2011, 02:43 PM
That 2nd INT he pump faked, the defender bit hard and he went for the lob to McCluster but didn't see the safety coming from the top.

Can't blame him for the 1st INT.

So basically the 1st INT is moot, hail mary, whatever. The second one is what concerns me. Either he isn't reading the D to realize that throw shouldn't be made, his accuracy just sucked on that throw or a great play was made.

The order listed worries me from greatest to least. If Cassel at 31 isn't reading D's we're going to need a deep ball at some point. Especially as we're building up our receivers and getting the down field deep ball threat. We don't really have time for Cassel to turn 33 or 34 and be 2 to 3 years down the road. If we have another good draft and/or a good free agency we could be primed for a super bowl run I think.

chief31
10-31-2011, 04:32 PM
So basically the 1st INT is moot, hail mary, whatever. The second one is what concerns me. Either he isn't reading the D to realize that throw shouldn't be made, his accuracy just sucked on that throw or a great play was made.

The order listed worries me from greatest to least. If Cassel at 31 isn't reading D's we're going to need a deep ball at some point. Especially as we're building up our receivers and getting the down field deep ball threat. We don't really have time for Cassel to turn 33 or 34 and be 2 to 3 years down the road. If we have another good draft and/or a good free agency we could be primed for a super bowl run I think.

I have a similar concern over Cassel's performance against The Raiders. But I don't put too much stock into it, because it was only one game, and it was also the first game that I have seen the protection perform at that level.

As I see it, it will just take a little bit of getting used to relaxing in the pocket some.

But we shall see if Cassel can do that, and if the protection can play well consistently.

Myself, I am very anxious to see.

chief31
11-01-2011, 01:56 AM
My friend Chief31,

When I feel kc deserves respect, i will give it. They go on the road and beat oak and then sd at home, i will be a believer...

ok?

Wherever he is, I can't help but hear his excuses for why The Chiefs are still garbage.

honda522
11-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Wherever he is, I can't help but hear his excuses for why The Chiefs are still garbage.

How can you be a chiefs fan and call the garbage, maybe your garbage!

Go Chiefs :chiefs:

TopekaRoy
11-01-2011, 02:03 AM
You don't think he will mention Rivers' fumble do you?:D

matthewschiefs
11-01-2011, 02:04 AM

Lol I to rember this post where is he now?

chief31
11-01-2011, 02:15 AM
Lol I to rember this post where is he now?

He is going to be quiet for quite a while. :lol:

matthewschiefs
11-01-2011, 02:16 AM
He is going to be quiet for quite a while. :lol:

How does one be quirt LOL :mooning: :lol: :yahoo: :D

chief31
11-01-2011, 02:18 AM

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/11/1.jpg

chief31
11-01-2011, 02:20 AM

I mean... Whatever do you mean?:D

matthewschiefs
11-01-2011, 02:21 AM
I mean... Whatever do you mean?:D

Heres what you do

Type in the phrase Matt your right.

It might pain you to type that but feel free to copy and paste that. :lol:

chief31
11-01-2011, 02:23 AM

Heres what you do

Type in the phrase Matt your right.

It might pain you to type that but feel free to copy and paste that. :lol:

I assure you, I have no idea what you are talking about.

:mooning:

matthewschiefs
11-01-2011, 02:36 AM
I assure you, I have no idea what you are talking about.

:mooning:

Good choice you say it once and never here the end of it. Just ask the woman I live with LOL

okikcfan
11-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Ya know, last night was the first real game I saw of the Chiefs, living in Oklahoma the only team playing every weekend is dallas. So with that said, most of what I see and hear is from all of you and the highlites on the nfl network. I have always said I am not a big fan of Cassel, I like him but I never felt he fit our wants and our needs. BUT, last night, "MNF" Well I was impressed. When he had the protection he could hit anybody he wanted, Dexter, you go boy! But mainly I'm here to eat crow on the Cassel debate and in fact, I'll eat two and love every minute of it. Way to go Cassel, Way to go CHIEFS!!!!!

OPLookn
11-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Ya know, last night was the first real game I saw of the Chiefs, living in Oklahoma the only team playing every weekend is dallas. So with that said, most of what I see and hear is from all of you and the highlites on the nfl network. I have always said I am not a big fan of Cassel, I like him but I never felt he fit our wants and our needs. BUT, last night, "MNF" Well I was impressed. When he had the protection he could hit anybody he wanted, Dexter, you go boy! But mainly I'm here to eat crow on the Cassel debate and in fact, I'll eat two and love every minute of it. Way to go Cassel, Way to go CHIEFS!!!!!

Same here, I'll take my crow now. Happy I'm being forced to eat it though. I think the line is really starting to gel now and that bodes really well.

With everyone staying healthy Albert and Asamoah will be playing next to each other for a minimum of 5 to 7 years I'd say. Now it's time to go out and get a right tackle, work Hudson in to play center after having a year behind Weigman and possibly get a right guard backup/challenging starter for Lilja.

It was said several times last night that our line is small and that when Cassel had time he was hitting everything. Then again, if you can stand in the pocket and have all day you should be able to pick anyone apart.

chief31
11-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Same here, I'll take my crow now. Happy I'm being forced to eat it though. I think the line is really starting to gel now and that bodes really well.

With everyone staying healthy Albert and Asamoah will be playing next to each other for a minimum of 5 to 7 years I'd say. Now it's time to go out and get a right tackle, work Hudson in to play center after having a year behind Weigman and possibly get a right guard backup/challenging starter for Lilja.

It was said several times last night that our line is small and that when Cassel had time he was hitting everything. Then again, if you can stand in the pocket and have all day you should be able to pick anyone apart.

The one weak spot on our o-line lastnight, was Branden Albert.

He got burnt a couple of times, and comitted a couple of costly penalties.

RT was only beaten on the one play, that I can remember.

But, Albert was not terrible.

I am quite excited about how that whole unit has done the past two games.

SIC J
11-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Don't forget Cassel made 2 big plays running the ball as well.

Hayvern
11-01-2011, 02:31 PM
The one weak spot on our o-line lastnight, was Branden Albert.

He got burnt a couple of times, and comitted a couple of costly penalties.

RT was only beaten on the one play, that I can remember.

But, Albert was not terrible.

I am quite excited about how that whole unit has done the past two games.
The offensive line played a lot better last night. On the obvious running plays they were not really able to get a push off the line, but for hte most part they really played well.

An interesting stat: Our offensive line is the lightest in the league? We need to get those boys eating more of that fine KC bar b que.

azchiefsfan
11-01-2011, 03:04 PM
I agree, however, this is the same plan used by the Patriots. They have always had light, fast linemen and it worked for them for years. If you look at our schemes and just overall build of the team, it is clear Pioli and Haley are using the NE template. I just think that sometimes size matters more than talent when putting bodies between the defense and your quarterback.

Canada
11-01-2011, 04:24 PM
barry richardson has to go

chiefnut
11-02-2011, 09:14 AM
kudos to cassel, he made 3 reaally bad throws but even the best throw a few off target

josh1971
11-02-2011, 07:09 PM
barry richardson has to go

Agreed. RT is one of the spots that needs a new, talented face.

Ryfo18
11-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Agreed. RT is one of the spots that needs a new, talented face.

Is Gaither really as bad as Richardson?

Three7s
11-02-2011, 10:24 PM
People saying that our OL played well need to rewatch the game. They were awful, especially Richardson. He whiffed on more than one occasion. Albert had his worst game of the year. The interior did alright, but when your tackles are sucking, it's hard to do anything.

Gotta give Cassel credit, he played well when he was having to move all over the pocket.

josh1971
11-03-2011, 06:44 PM
People saying that our OL played well need to rewatch the game. They were awful, especially Richardson. He whiffed on more than one occasion. Albert had his worst game of the year. The interior did alright, but when your tackles are sucking, it's hard to do anything.

Gotta give Cassel credit, he played well when he was having to move all over the pocket.

Richardson sucks and whiffs all the time.

chief31
11-03-2011, 07:12 PM

I have watched the game three times now, once with a specific focus on o-line and d-line play.

And, while there were several major mistakes from the OTs, it was a big step up from what I have been seeing for the past several years.

Mainly, I'd say that the presence of an actual "pocket" on passing plays was impressive.

While Richardon's biggest mistake led to a turnover (bad call), his mistakes were fewer than Albert's.

Have a look at the plays where Cassel was forced out of the pocket, and look where the protection broke down. Now, add those mistakes to the time he allowed a sack (credited to Odonnell, but Albert should have been on that defender), and the two penalties, and it becomes pretty obvious that LOT was the weakest link.

The thing that made the o-line performance so encouraging, for me, was that, while the OTs played sub-par, the interior line was exceptional in pass protection, allowing Cassel to step up and throw the ball.

For far too long now, The Chiefs' o-line has had sub-par pass blocking from the outside, as well as the inside. And seeing some of that looking so much better shines on the unit.

So, while I absolutely think that the o-line played better, that does not mean that each of them played well. Just that unit improved... a lot.

Oh yeah, the blitz pickup, for the past two weeks, has been much improved too.

Three7s
11-03-2011, 07:22 PM
I know the interior did fine, especially Asamoah. That dude is gonna be a probowl guard not too long from now. But if your tackles have a game like that, you're restricting yourselves on offense because you're having to keep TEs and RBs in for extra help.

I'm not worried about Albert, but Richardson has been consistently bad.

chief31
11-03-2011, 07:31 PM
I know the interior did fine, especially Asamoah. That dude is gonna be a probowl guard not too long from now. But if your tackles have a game like that, you're restricting yourselves on offense because you're having to keep TEs and RBs in for extra help.

I'm not worried about Albert, but Richardson has been consistently bad.

It may not be great. But it is a major improvement, to have protection breakdowns once, every fifth, or sixth, play, over the prior trend, of having a protection breakdown, somewhere, on four, or five, of the six plays. And the presence of a pocket to step up into is just huge.

And, for my money, LOT has been as bad as ROT for the past year, or two.

chief31
11-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Another thing I forgot to mention is that there are two major goals of your pass protection unit. Those being time allowed for the offense to do their job, and space, for the QB to operate with.

And the space is what allows a QB to create more time for some plays.

If Gaither can bring himself back to form, and improve either OT position, then Cassel will start to get a chance at showing what he is capable of.

With five positions on the o-line, it is great to know that three of the five spots are going to succeed at their tasks most of the time, and only two positions need attention.

Or, in your case, only one position.