PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Power Rankings

Three7s
10-02-2007, 03:46 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking
Unbelievable, the Bolts are still ranked ahead of us, not to mention other teams that should be below us imo. At least they moved us up a little though.

Chiefster
10-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Interesting! I didn't really look; just making sure there's nothing inappropriate. :D

m0ef0e
10-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Power rankings are pointless. Especially in the NFL. If this was college football, these rankings may actually mean something. Which is why college football is such a joke. I still like it. But it's a joke. USC wins and gets bumped out of first. I'm not a USC fan but that hasn't happened since 1992. I'm not saying LSU shouldn't be first, either but the current system is a joke. That's why I don't pay any attention to power rankings in the NFL. I just look at the actual stats. I want to know who's undeniably the best offensively and defensively and in what areas-- not some guy's opinion of who's the best that may be biased or have some sort of hidden agenda.

chiefinsyr
10-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Yeah, total BS there. Cleveland has also been impressive(more so than the Chiefs I think), and they are below us. Keep in mind that they have the same record as us and weren't a playoff team last year. But obviously, the Chargers aren't what they were last year. Some ESPN idiot is just too think headed to realize that they aren't the same team. Whatever happened there happened, and they aren't going to be 16-0 this year, or even 13-3 :).

PS- We get them(SD) in December this year. Going by our last streak, we aren't scheduled to lose until 2016.

hermhater
10-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Power rankings are pointless. Especially in the NFL. If this was college football, these rankings may actually mean something. Which is why college football is such a joke. I still like it. But it's a joke. USC wins and gets bumped out of first. I'm not a USC fan but that hasn't happened since 1992. I'm not saying LSU shouldn't be first, either but the current system is a joke. That's why I don't pay any attention to power rankings in the NFL. I just look at the actual stats. I want to know who's undeniably the best offensively and defensively and in what areas-- not some guy's opinion of who's the best that may be biased or have some sort of hidden agenda.

What he said!

:sign0098: :yahoo: :toast2:

Pro_Angler
10-02-2007, 06:53 PM
I agree power ranking's are much like most of the radio personalities they are retarded!!!!!!!1
How can you dominate a team like we did and still be below them??
we havent allowed a 2nd half TD all year and still they say "they lost the game" lmao.
I think we should have won the chicago game for sure if we'd have just let the ball fly.
I guarantee you much less teams will be putting 8 guy's in the box against us from now on..we just need to get parker or kennison in there and we'd be scary.

sling58
10-02-2007, 07:15 PM

I like to form my own opinion on the teams that are the best and don't listen to the loser analysts.

timsatt1
10-02-2007, 07:17 PM
I like to form my own opinion on the teams that are the best and don't listen to the loser analysts.

well we are staying under the radar....like i hoped. i dont want anyone to rank us high. keep us at the bottom while our wins pile up!!:yahoo:

Three7s
10-02-2007, 07:18 PM
I like how the Jags are favored over us. Fun stuff.

sling58
10-02-2007, 07:19 PM
I like how the Jags are favored over us. Fun stuff.

What is the spread. I haven't seen it yet.

m0ef0e
10-02-2007, 07:21 PM
I just heard John Siebel on the Sports bash on ESPN radio go on a tirade about how bad sandy eggo is because they lost to the Chiefs. The dumbest thing he said is that the Chiefs have no receiving threat! LMAO It really does seem like a lot of these guys don't even watch any football other than the select few teams that are considered to be the best.

sling58
10-02-2007, 07:22 PM
I just heard John Siebel on the Sports bash on ESPN radio go on a tirade about how bad sandy eggo is because they lost to the Chiefs. The dumbest thing he said is that the Chiefs have no receiving threat! LMAO It really does seem like a lot of these guys don't even watch any football other than the select few teams that are considered to be the best.

I guess he didn't see Bowe play did he?

anaeelbackwards
10-02-2007, 07:24 PM
i just love it! bowe is going unnoticed on the radar...

its kinda like dante hall was, nobody knew who he was until they played them....

teams will figure out.

DBO's the man! ROY! ROY! ROY!:toast2:

m0ef0e
10-02-2007, 07:26 PM
I guess he didn't see Bowe play did he?

Obviously not. Not surprising considering he doesn't play for the Pats, Colts, or USC. The ESPN radio afternoon line-up is some of the worst analysis I've ever heard. Siebel and Turico always have a way to make themselves sound ignorant about what is going on outside of the spotlight.

sling58
10-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Obviously not. Not surprising considering he doesn't play for the Pats, Colts, or USC. The ESPN radio afternoon line-up is some of the worst analysis I've ever heard. Siebel and Turico always have a way to make themselves sound ignorant about what is going on outside of the spotlight.

the idiots that ESPN hire only watch the "popular" teams of the week and that is why we don't get any attention.

m0ef0e
10-02-2007, 07:34 PM
the idiots that ESPN hire only watch the "popular" teams of the week and that is why we don't get any attention.

Eggsactly! :11:

Oh no!! Here comes the old man! :wheelchair: I better get off his lawn!

m0ef0e
10-02-2007, 07:35 PM
i just love it! bowe is going unnoticed on the radar...

its kinda like dante hall was, nobody knew who he was until they played them....

teams will figure out.

DBO's the man! ROY! ROY! ROY!:toast2:

Bowe knows ROY.

Three7s
10-03-2007, 12:21 AM
It's only 2 points.

m0ebr0
10-03-2007, 01:36 AM
We will be under the radar all year. ESPN will always say it was a fluke that we won. They can never admit that we are doing good cuz they all thought that we would go 6-10 or worse. They have to sound right even when they are not. Lets just keep proving them wrong.

Analysts say one thing, stats say another.

Polleo Pit Man
10-03-2007, 01:58 AM
We will be under the radar all year. ESPN will always say it was a fluke that we won. They can never admit that we are doing good cuz they all thought that we would go 6-10 or worse. They have to sound right even when they are not. Lets just keep proving them wrong.

Analysts say one thing, stats say another.
Being called crappy is a great motivator!
:beer:

sling58
10-03-2007, 11:27 AM
It's only 2 points.

That's it? We should have NO problem covering that!

m0ef0e
10-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Being called crappy is a great motivator!
:beer:

That's right. Also why it doesn't upset me that much. Let the media talk a bunch of crap. They will just keep firing up the only people that can prove them wrong on the field-- the players.

sling58
10-03-2007, 02:56 PM
That's right. Also why it doesn't upset me that much. Let the media talk a bunch of crap. They will just keep firing up the only people that can prove them wrong on the field-- the players.

Which IMO the players are starting to do.

m0ef0e
10-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Which IMO the players are starting to do.

Agreed. :bananen_smilies046:

chief31
10-04-2007, 10:37 AM

It's only 2 points.

Last I saw, it was down to one, anyway.