PDA

View Full Version : Adam Schefter is an Idiot (Trade Bowe)

doobs_05
10-14-2011, 11:18 PM
Does trading Bowe make sense? - AFC West Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post?id=33787)

ESPN’s Adam Schefter is looking at some trades (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/10spot-11week6/nfl-five-sensible-trades-probably-made) that he thinks make sense, but likely won’t happen before Tuesday’s trading deadline. Included in his proposed deals is a swap of receiver Dwayne Bowe (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10467/dwayne-bowe) by Kansas City to Tennessee. In the deal, Schefter has the receiver-hungry Titans giving the Chiefs second and fifth-round picks to the Chiefs.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/08/1.jpgIt would surely be a good deal for the Titans, who could use a veteran a receiver as they try to continue their playoff push.

But would it be a prudent deal for the Chiefs? I don’t think so.

Yes, Bowe is a free agent at the end of the year. So, if they don’t think they can or want to extend him, getting valuable picks is better than losing Bowe outright.

But I think the Chiefs need to keep him. They have plenty of cap room and he is a core player. The Chiefs will be better with Bowe than without him. He is heating up after a brilliant season last year. He and quarterback Matt Cassel (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8644/matt-cassel) have a terrific rhythm together.

I know the Chiefs drafted Jon Baldwin (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13986/jon-baldwin) in the first round and signed Steve Breaston (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10585/steve-breaston) in free agency. But this offense could be very dangerous with all three of these receivers.

Kansas City general manager Scott Pioli has done an outstanding job in giving his core players contract extensions. The fact that Bowe has not been given a new deal yet could be a sign that there is hesitation on one of the two sides.

But, in the end, I think extending Bowe would be a better avenue than trading Bowe.

AussieChiefsFan
10-14-2011, 11:36 PM
LOL never gonna happen

matthewschiefs
10-14-2011, 11:52 PM
If they only got a 5th round pick for Bowe I would be REALLY UPSET. I would not be happy if they traded Bowe at all. But pretty sure that's not going to happen.

Coach
10-15-2011, 07:10 AM
I think the key here is whether they plan to resign him. JC, flowers, Hali, dj have all gotten new deals. They either are far apart on negotiations and just plan on franchise tagging him. Or they might have been planning to move him all along and drafted Baldwin as his replacement.

Trading him for anything less than a first round pick is a mistake though.

ctchiefsfan
10-15-2011, 10:01 AM
I like Bowe. Lord knows he can be an outstanding asset to our Chiefs.

That said, he has had some "ego" issues in the past and keeping him will certainly cost big money.

Under the right circumstances, trading him might be a good move. But not to the Titans. We're looking to become a serious contender in the next 2-3 years and hopefully stay a contender for a good long while.

Trading Bowe to the Titans would be a long term move and a big mistake. If we were to consider trading Bowe it needs to be for a first 1st and 5th round pick and those picks need to come from a basement dweller.

We don't have enough proven top tier talent at this point to be trading away what we do have.

#58ChiefsFan
10-15-2011, 02:51 PM
It's not like we can't afford to pay him well if he has another big year. Dwayne is on the line of either being a great receiver or a Breaston type receiver, I'd venture a guess he and the Chiefs are both seeing where he will be at the end of the season.

TopekaRoy
10-15-2011, 03:25 PM
If Bowe continues to play the way he has the last few games, his value will only go up. That's fine if the Chiefs are looking to trade him, but if they want to keep him they should extend his contract as soon as possible.

It's weird. In this pass happy league, good receivers should be a huge asset, but it seems like teams are undervaluing them this year. They could be had pretty cheaply in this year's Free Agent market. Experienced veterans like Randy Moss, Terrel Owens and Chad Ochocinco are having trouble just finding a job. While they are all past their primes, they could still play a role in helping out some teams. Brandon Lloyd led the NFL in receiving yards last year and all Denver wants for him is 2 low (4-6) draft picks.

I think Bowe is too valuable for the Chiefs to let him go, but maybe they think they can get better value in next year's draft and Free Agency.

azchiefsfan
10-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Moss retired. We have already had 2 straight seasons of rebuilding. This is the time to make a run for the Super Bowl-if not this year as it's looking, then next year for sure. Bowe is the foundation of our passing game. Letting him go would mean starting the rebuilding process again. That's a crap shoot I'd rather not take again. Keep Bowe and continue building the offense. He finally is paying dividends-who in their right mind would want to see him go now?

ctchiefsfan
10-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Moss retired. We have already had 2 straight seasons of rebuilding. This is the time to make a run for the Super Bowl-if not this year as it's looking, then next year for sure. Bowe is the foundation of our passing game. Letting him go would mean starting the rebuilding process again. That's a crap shoot I'd rather not take again. Keep Bowe and continue building the offense. He finally is paying dividends-who in their right mind would want to see him go now?

Well said! That is what I was trying to say.

KristofLaw
10-15-2011, 07:14 PM
Not gonna happen. I don't think Adam Shefter has any love for the Chiefs at times due to some of his comments. He's often right but is way off on this one, IMO.

Vanilla Garilla
10-15-2011, 08:24 PM
Not happening. After Baldwins lackluster rookie debut, and Bowes proven ability to make plays and thus win us games, Bowe is staying at least one more year in the form of a franchise tag.

Chiefster
10-15-2011, 10:53 PM
Well it ain't illegal to be an idiot. :lol:

AkChief49
10-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Well it ain't illegal to be an idiot. :lol:
It is ill-advisable though:D

Coach
10-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Not happening. After Baldwins lackluster rookie debut, and Bowes proven ability to make plays and thus win us games, Bowe is staying at least one more year in the form of a franchise tag.
I agree completely with the Gorilla!
:punk: :rocknroll: :sign0098: 0:bartsimpson:

Hayvern
10-16-2011, 04:37 PM

We all get to play the role of idiot at one or more times in our lives.

raiderhater79
10-16-2011, 04:41 PM
They would be stupid to trade Bowe off, outside of him and Breaston, there really isn't anyone else who is much of a threat since Charles and Moeaki are gone for the year. Baldwin may surprise us later in the season but he is still not proven yet.

Chiefster
10-17-2011, 12:52 AM

:lol: True!

pojote
10-17-2011, 08:49 AM
Two things:

First, this Schefter's article was about trades that won't happen.

Second, I give Bowe happily for a first round to Miami or Indianapolis.

OPLookn
10-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Two things:

I'd say Miami, losing Henne for the year and having a loud mouthed starting running back that'll tear up the locker room... I think they might have the perfect season too, 0-16.

OPLookn
10-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Two things:

I'd say Miami, losing Henne for the year and having a loud mouthed starting running back that'll tear up the locker room... I think they might have the perfect season too, 0-16.

drstandley31
10-18-2011, 07:38 PM
Shefter's an idiot.

Fastphilly
10-18-2011, 09:34 PM
We must retain him!! J. Baldwin has not proven himself to be a top calibre receiver and I'd hate to see JB turn into another Sylvester Morris. This was the problem with KC's offence last year that Cassel did'nt have enough weapons to throw the ball to and now you're going to not resign the guy that Cassel has gelled with the most..Big Mistake!!! Breaston is a slot machine and not a primary receiver.

stricken721
10-18-2011, 11:18 PM
Not gonna happen. I don't think Adam Shefter has any love for the Chiefs at times due to some of his comments. He's often right but is way off on this one, IMO.

He's a former Broncos guy. That's why I think the same thing you do.

jwmann2
10-19-2011, 01:02 AM
Dwayne Bowe is the most underrated QB in the NFL. He needs a change of scenery as much as I like watching him in a Chiefs uniform.

doobs_05
10-19-2011, 01:11 AM
Dwayne Bowe is the most underrated WR in the NFL. He needs a change of scenery as much as I like watching him in a Chiefs uniform.

fixed

70 chiefsfan70
10-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Knowing pioli he probably thinks this is a great idea...

More draft picks like tyson jackson!

WOW! You just don't quit do you?:punk:

azchiefsfan
10-19-2011, 02:50 PM
I look at it like this: Pioli and Haley made some tough choices-like getting rid of our best linemen, but they are trading short term success for long term gains. They are being very careful to get the best (possible) talent for the least money. They obviously know talent. Last year is not a fluke. This is their 3rd season and should have been the breakout year. There's a lot of reasons for our struggles; poor season preparation, injuries and coaching turnover. Since Montana got us 1 play from the Super Bowl we've lived with a "next year" mentality(BTW if you review the film, he spiked the ball with 2.3 seconds and we would have made an easy field goal to win-damned refs!). I really think that, this time, we have the players and coaches we need to be a real Super Bowl contender. I believe we are inches from breaking through. I no longer give a crap what the haters(yes even our fans can be haters) say. I don't want to throw out the baby because the water is a bit dirty. Let's see this through and then if things don't work out, kick the infant to the curb.

figcrostic
10-19-2011, 06:14 PM
Sure lets go ahead and trade Bowe and Cassel but I want Tom Brady!!! :mooning:

Fastphilly
10-19-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm for that. lol

Canada
10-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Dwayne Bowe is the most underrated QB in the NFL. He needs a change of scenery as much as I like watching him in a Chiefs uniform.So people recognize him?? He is 2nd in the league to Calvin Johnson in TDs over the last two years. We should get rid of him because people underrate him?? Thats nuts

Canada
10-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Cmon have a laugh every now and thenWe laugh at you all the time!! :D