PDA

View Full Version : Gridiron Australia

AussieChiefsFan
10-17-2011, 01:53 AM
I was watching Bears vs Vikngs on ONE HD (free sports channel), and I saw this advert: Try Gridiron (OneHD) - YouTube (This guy has a odd accent though, ive gotta say)

So i went to the website where it asks me what state I live in. So I clicked on "NSW" and it took me to a website I'm familiar with (the NSW Gridiron page) because I watch my dad's university play on saturdays.

I think its awesome that they're promoting it on TV now :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
10-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Cool beans!

hometeam
10-21-2011, 11:59 PM
i like it

TopekaRoy
10-22-2011, 12:20 AM
I think it's kind of funny that they call the sport "gridiron." That's an old slang term for the football field - not the sport itself. But sonce you guys (and most of the world) call Soccer "football" plus you have your own "Aussie rules football" which is sort of a cross between soccer and rugby but ... different, it makes sense that they would need to come up with a unique term for American Football.

I think it's cool that the sport has fans "down under."

AussieChiefsFan
10-22-2011, 01:10 AM
I think it's kind of funny that they call the sport "gridiron." That's an old slang term for the football field - not the sport itself. But sonce you guys (and most of the world) call Soccer "football" plus you have your own "Aussie rules football" which is sort of a cross between soccer and rugby but ... different, it makes sense that they would need to come up with a unique term for American Football.

I think it's cool that the sport has fans "down under."

Yea, sometimes I have to resort to saying Gridiron 'cos when I say football everyone thinks Rugby. Usually I say American Football though.