PDA

View Full Version : Carson Palmer will be a Raider

Yoda
10-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Raiders trade this years 1st and a conditional draft choice in 2013. Sweet! It has no bearing on this weeks game but Palmer with these weapons......wow!

#58ChiefsFan
10-18-2011, 10:49 AM
You guys just got a whole lot better. Should make for some great games in the west

Yoda
10-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Campbell just became the best back up in the leauge or trade bait.

Ryfo18
10-18-2011, 11:03 AM
Campbell just became the best back up in the leauge or trade bait.

He's a free agent next year.

TopekaRoy
10-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Palmer can hand the ball off to the running back as well as anybody, I guess. His passer rating has gone down every year since 2005. I'd say he's about average or slightly above at this point. And the Chiefs won't have to worry about him this week, anyway.

Yoda
10-18-2011, 11:17 AM
His career could get ressurected with Al Saunders and Hue Jackson. This gives Pryor WAY more time to develope.

TopekaRoy
10-18-2011, 11:21 AM
His career could get ressurected with Al Saunders and Hue Jackson. This gives Pryor WAY more time to develope.
Palmer had an 82.4 passer rating last year (26 TDs and 20INTs). Campbell was at 84.2 this year. I'd say it's about a wash.

DMN
10-18-2011, 11:28 AM
Raiders trade this years 1st and a conditional draft choice in 2013. Sweet! It has no bearing on this weeks game but Palmer with these weapons......wow!

They are reporting 2 1rst rounders, this years and next years. A 31 year old QB on a 5 year consistent decline. I would have my reservations. This is either gonna be looked at as a genius move or a giant bust.

The price is very steep and it seems like a bit of desperation. I can only think with the cap issues in oakland it made giving up the first rounders a little easier.

But I digress. Oakland is stout this year and we look like we are back to the drawing board after winning the division. I will never wish you guys success but I do want the rest of your season injury free. KC has had enough for the whole AFC west.

Ryfo18
10-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Gregg Rosenthal just brought up a great point...The Raiders have given up a 2012 1st on Palmer, 3rd on Pryor, and 4th on Jason Campbell. Let's be honest, the Bengals have actually been a better team without Carson Palmer. I don't see a huge upgrade from Campbell to Palmer.

Yoda
10-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Gregg Rosenthal just brought up a great point...The Raiders have given up a 2012 1st on Palmer, 3rd on Pryor, and 4th on Jason Campbell. Let's be honest, the Bengals have actually been a better team without Carson Palmer. I don't see a huge upgrade from Campbell to Palmer.

Well, just have to wait and see. There definently positive and negatives with this trade. But to sit and do nothing.....the Raiders have acquired a QB far better than they could have hoped for. They have done well acquiring hidden gems in the draft....Ford.....Moore....Valdeer.....Wiesnewskwi (sp?). Carson has worked with Hue before, so the learning curve won't be as steep.

The immediate problem is Boller starting this Sunday against a bitter rival. The running game and the D must bail the team out against the Chiefs.

MissingTBone
10-18-2011, 12:22 PM
We will see what happens, he was a crybaby in Cincy. I hope he turns out to not fit their system.

AkChief49
10-18-2011, 01:45 PM
This is reminiscent of the '80 season when you guys brought in Plunkett(albeit off the bench) after Pastorinni went down. He was 33 at the time. The game that Pastorinni got hurt was against the Chiefs. A game we won by the way 31-17.

matthewschiefs
10-18-2011, 02:42 PM

Yeah I don't see him playing this week. Or if he does it will be a scaled back offense. That's better for us. But Palmer is a better option then what you guys have there currently. I just don't no about how much you gave up for him. He's not been a top level guy for a few years now. But that could change. I think it's a risky move considering the price you paid. But it could pay off for you if he can go back to what he was at his peak.

chief31
10-18-2011, 03:20 PM
They could very well start him this week.

I mean, there is little risk when playing against the team that has the second fewest Sacks in The NFL. (NFL Stats: by Team Category (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&season=2011&seasonType=REG&role=OPP&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&conference=ALL&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_SACKED) )

If they can get him a working knowledge of a short playbook, why not?

azchiefsfan
10-18-2011, 04:16 PM
I think Palmer is still a good QB. I would have rather seen the raiders get Garrard, because he's a truly awful QB. It will take Palmer 4 weeks minimum to get into the raiders system and be successful. Once he does, he will be a formidable foe...if the receivers can hold on to the ball. Great pickup for the raiders, but not worth two first round picks, unless he gets them to the Super Bowl by 2013. I don't see that happening though.

kcvet
10-18-2011, 04:37 PM
ESPN TV said this morning the raiders are going to try and fit Palmer in to start aginst us on sun

OPLookn
10-18-2011, 04:44 PM
ESPN TV said this morning the raiders are going to try and fit Palmer in to start aginst us on sun

Palmer's been on the decline for five years, sitting out since last year and trying to learn a new system in five days. Granted an experienced QB has tricks but tricks will only get him so far. I'm not terribly worried, stack the box and make someone that's got that much against him beat us. Now after Palmer get's up to speed and knows the playbook I'm not terribly excited to go up against him.

matthewschiefs
10-18-2011, 05:02 PM

I don't think that's to bad of news for us. It takes time for guys to fit in with new teams and not even having a week is going to limit what they can do on offense a tad.

AkChief49
10-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Palmer brings the deep ball to the table. Something the raiders have not had. They do have speed. Sacks could not come at a better time.

Ryfo18
10-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Just saw a stat from Chris Wesseling of Rotoworld regarding ESPN's new "Total Quarterback Rating." From 2008-2010, Palmer had a 50.0 Total QBR. That is good enough for 26th among quarterbacks during that same span. I really think Raiders' fans are getting excited over nothing. I don't see a huge upgrade over Campbell. And for the price of a 1st and 2nd round pick? Crazy.

matthewschiefs
10-18-2011, 07:03 PM
lol no one wants campbell

Dolphins and redskins might take him at this point. But proabley no one eles to be there starter.

Yeah I think he plays this week. Marshal Faulk said they run the same style of offense... (cincy and oak)

There was a reason they were in panic mode to sign a qb and that reason was kyle boller. hhaha

Now that I can agree with you on

2010chiefs
10-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Yup. Hugh Jackson ran cincy's offense for two or three years so he definitley knows the offense.

What i'm most impressed with is Oakland's desire to win now and whatever it takes attitude. Would be nice to see the Chiefs show the same. Super Exciting for the fans.

Chiefs fanatic
10-18-2011, 08:10 PM
He definitely improves the Raiders in the short term but I think they gave up way to much for him. I guess they have a win now mentality.

Yoda
10-18-2011, 08:13 PM
I have a question.

Why are you here? Too much time on your hands? We know Raiders fans dont have jobs, maybe you should get a job

Cute, I'm a pediatrician. Take it for what you want. I'm just intrigued by opposing fans take and like to balance it from some homer attitudes on the Raiders' board. If and when I have down time, I like to check the boards out as a break.

AkChief49
10-18-2011, 08:20 PM
I have a question.

Why are you here? Too much time on your hands? We know Raiders fans dont have jobs, maybe you should get a job
I'm not throwing in with a raider fan, but Yoda is knowledgeable about the game. He throws a jab once in awhile, but seems to be a good sport. He just roots for the wrong side. After all, what this this game without rivalry?

Vandelay
10-18-2011, 08:58 PM
If the Chiefs can get an early lead, it's possible Palmer will just quit, like he did with the Bengals.

Yoda
10-18-2011, 09:11 PM
Well, wether Boller or Palmer starts...the run game is the bread and butter of the Raiders' O and should be the focus of the Chiefs' D. As of late, the Raiders running game has slowed to a crawl, which is quite worrisome. D's don't respect the passing game and won't until Palmer gets in sync with the O.

On D the Raiders have perked up and have put some serious pressure on the opposing QB plus have been able to shut down two running games in row. They have also mixed it up on D between man to man and zone.
I fully expect the DL to dominate again.

SPT is on fire and is a a top 5 unit in the NFL.

If the Raiders are to win this game, it will happen by through D and SPT's with just enough from the O to manage the game and score atleast to TD's.

Raiders 23 Chiefs13

Fastphilly
10-18-2011, 09:18 PM
I gotta tell ya. That is a huge price to pay for a QB thats had two major surguries and hasn't been very good in the last 3 years. The Raiders are betting on the next three years drafts on Carson taking them to the promise land.This has the potential of being a great deal or potentially the worst since Herchel Walker..lol

I'll admit when Carson has a running game to take the heat off of him they have a legit chance..When Benson in Cincy was running effectivly they swept their division that year and entered the playoffs and the Raiders do have an excellent running game and some speedsters to get open (though they don't have the best hands).

matthewschiefs
10-18-2011, 09:48 PM
Well, wether Boller or Palmer starts...the run game is the bread and butter of the Raiders' O and should be the focus of the Chiefs' D. As of late, the Raiders running game has slowed to a crawl, which is quite worrisome. D's don't respect the passing game and won't until Palmer gets in sync with the O.

On D the Raiders have perked up and have put some serious pressure on the opposing QB plus have been able to shut down two running games in row. They have also mixed it up on D between man to man and zone.
I fully expect the DL to dominate again.

SPT is on fire and is a a top 5 unit in the NFL.

If the Raiders are to win this game, it will happen by through D and SPT's with just enough from the O to manage the game and score atleast to TD's.

Raiders 23 Chiefs13

To me this game is just about as simple as stoping your running game. If the Chiefs can do to your runners what they did to AP from the vikings then we have a great chance to get the win.

You D is scary given that our O line can struggle at times. Our runing game is still 6th in the NFL even without Charles so they are going to have there own Challange in stoping Our running game.

I am looking for a good close game much like we saw last year. Just hopefully its us pulling out the win late this time

Chiefs 20 raiders 17

matthewschiefs
10-18-2011, 09:50 PM
I gotta tell ya. That is a huge price to pay for a QB thats had two major surguries and hasn't been very good in the last 3 years. The Raiders are betting on the next three years drafts on Carson taking them to the promise land.This has the potential of being a great deal or potentially the worst since Herchel Walker..lol

I'll admit when Carson has a running game to take the heat off of him they have a legit chance..When Benson in Cincy was running effectivly they swept their division that year and entered the playoffs and the Raiders do have an excellent running game and some speedsters to get open (though they don't have the best hands).

Yeah the price they paid to get him is the main reason I don't really like that deal. I think the Bengals got the better end of the deal. But if Palmer can be what he once was the Raiders are going to be in good shape for the next few years. I really don't see that happening though. Palmers just never been the same since he got hurt.

Fastphilly
10-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Cincy definately got the better part of this deal..If Cincy hits on those picks they are sitting pretty to wreak havic in the AFC for some time to come.. Palmers play has regressed in recent years but take into account that Chad Johnson's play has been horrible in Cincy as of late and only has 9 catches so far this year in NE.

I'm sure that the Raiders looked at this intelligently and realized the fact they are a young team and can afford to blow a 1st and 2nd rounder (possible 1st rounder in 2013 if they reach the third round in playoffs) and still remain competetive. They have young talent at just about every skill position and all they need is a QB to get them over the hump then why not roll the dice. Plus given the fact that both Palmer and the HC have worked together over the years is a nice fit.

stricken721
10-18-2011, 11:16 PM
I knew this whole thing about Al was just a publicity stunt. He's still in control!

:lol:

ctchiefsfan
10-19-2011, 12:53 AM
If Palmer starts, it could throw a hitch in our plans. We haven't planned for Palmer. We're expecting Campbell. The change could make things tough.

But lets face it.....THIS IS RAIDERS WEEK!!!!!!!

And it also happens to be a game we MUST WIN!!!!!!!

KILL RAIDERS!!! KILL RAIDERS!!!! KILL RAIDERS!!!!!

If we beat the damned filthy Raiders then we are 3-3 and still in the hunt. If we lose to these rotten little thugs then all we have to talk about is next year.

This is the most important game of the season so far!

KILL RAIDERS!!!!!!

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

Three7s
10-19-2011, 01:00 AM
Raiders gave up way too much. If they don't win the SB, this is a horrible deal.

jwmann2
10-19-2011, 01:00 AM
The Raiders have essentially no draft picks next year. Tell me that Terrell Pryor pick wasn't a waste...glad Palmer gets to play again though. Could you blame him for wanting to leave Cincinnati?

doobs_05
10-19-2011, 01:15 AM

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/10/9.jpg

Fastphilly
10-19-2011, 01:28 AM
The Raiders have essentially no draft picks next year. Tell me that Terrell Pryor pick wasn't a waste...glad Palmer gets to play again though. Could you blame him for wanting to leave Cincinnati?

I disagree, It's not a wasted pick. Campbell is not the QB to mentor a rookie. His passing skills compared to Palmer's is night and day. Palmer is a short term fix (3 years IMO) and a good pocket passer. Something the rookie Pryor can learn from before getting the keys to the offence in the future. He will be the #2 QB next season I would assume. Since for the most part the Raiders #1 picks havn't panned out anyways and with no GM in place yet who knows how their 2012 draft is going to go if they had that first round pick.

AussieChiefsFan
10-19-2011, 05:37 AM
If Palmer starts, it could throw a hitch in our plans. We haven't planned for Palmer. We're expecting Campbell. The change could make things tough.

But lets face it.....THIS IS RAIDERS WEEK!!!!!!!

And it also happens to be a game we MUST WIN!!!!!!!

KILL RAIDERS!!! KILL RAIDERS!!!! KILL RAIDERS!!!!!

If we beat the damned filthy Raiders then we are 3-3 and still in the hunt. If we lose to these rotten little thugs then all we have to talk about is next year.

This is the most important game of the season so far!

KILL RAIDERS!!!!!!

Although they haven't had much time to practice with him either.

AussieChiefsFan
10-19-2011, 05:40 AM
My face when I heard they traded a first round pick and potentially another one: http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/10/10.jpg

Man, this year they might do OK with palmer (if he gets his mojo back) but after this year it's over for the raiders. With only 2 picks next year (not including their 1st rounder. YESSS) they aren't getting any new young talent from anywhere. They might be in the same situation the following year too. I think Al would be shaking his head if he was still around.

okikcfan
10-19-2011, 11:46 AM
My face when I heard they traded a first round pick and potentially another one: http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/10/10.jpg

Man, this year they might do OK with palmer (if he gets his mojo back) but after this year it's over for the raiders. With only 2 picks next year (not including their 1st rounder. YESSS) they aren't getting any new young talent from anywhere. They might be in the same situation the following year too. I think Al would be shaking his head if he was still around.

I disagree with ya on that. One man's trash is Big Al's tressure. Thats what he has done for years, taken all the hand me downs, one's nobody wants, and for the most part he was pretty good at it. I don't think Palmer will be in this week unless Boller really sucks. It will be intresting to see how all this plays out.

ctchiefsfan
10-19-2011, 12:35 PM
One man's trash is Big Al's tressure. Thats what he has done for years, taken all the hand me downs, one's nobody wants, and for the most part he was pretty good at it.

Yeah....but we trumped all that when we grabbed Marcus Allen!!!!! Big Bad Al screwed the pooch on that one.

TopekaRoy
10-19-2011, 02:03 PM
ESPN radio is reporting that Palmer will start sunday against the Chiefs. I think that's better for the Chiefs than if Boller had started. It will take Carson at least 4 or 5 weeks to get comfortable with the offense and get the timing down with his receivers. I heard him say on the radio today that he was operating under the impression that he was retired this year, so I don't think he will be in "football shape."

This is a perfect opportunity for the Chiefs to steal a victory that might have been much tougher to get if Campbell was still playing. They need to take advantage of it.

Of course, if the Chiefs do win you can bet that "certain people" will be making excuses that Palmer didn't have enough practice and the Chiefs don't deserve any credit for beating a mediocre conference rival who didn't have their starting quarterback.:D

azchiefsfan
10-19-2011, 02:38 PM
What's sad is Oakland is a not a real team. They are a bunch of individuals playing at a high level and finding a way to win. You can point to a dozen holes in their squad and on both sides of the ball they have some of the sloppiest play calling and performances, but they find a way to win. Somewhat like us last year. I hate to admit it, but if they get a decent passer out of Palmer and stronger coaching, they can be the class of the AFC West. When we get our starters back, we'll be stronger, but until then let's hope their weak coaching keeps them a mess.

Yoda
10-19-2011, 03:21 PM
Boller taking first team snaps.
Per twitter

From #Raiders practice, @PGutierrezCSN report it's #KyleBoller taking the first-team snaps to start. cmcst.sn/aaarSi #NFL

TopekaRoy
10-19-2011, 03:40 PM
I think Hue Jackson is going to keep us guessing who will start until the last minute, to make it harder for the Chiefs to game plan. I don't think it will make much difference though.

Yoda
10-19-2011, 04:11 PM
I think Hue Jackson is going to keep us guessing who will start until the last minute, to make it harder for the Chiefs to game plan. I don't think it will make much difference though.

Your right.....Raiders win either way.

TopekaRoy
10-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Your right.....Raiders win either way.
:efpge::lol:

Or the Raiders will lose either way.

I'm not making a prediction ... yet, but I don't think the Raiders will be significantly better, or worse this week with Palmer or Boller. Eventually Palmer will be the better QB, but not after less than a week with the team.

Vandelay
10-19-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm sure that the Raiders looked at this intelligently

Yoda
10-19-2011, 10:18 PM

I guess they should follow the "sitting on their hands" philosophy the Chiefs have mastered. How has that worked for KC?

chief31
10-19-2011, 11:02 PM
Yup. Hugh Jackson ran cincy's offense for two or three years so he definitley knows the offense.

What i'm most impressed with is Oakland's desire to win now and whatever it takes attitude. Would be nice to see the Chiefs show the same. Super Exciting for the fans.

This is a very high risk move.

I wonder how impressed you will be if this trade winds-up leading to five years of rebuilding, minus a couple of first round picks.

The Redskins used to take your approach every year, and it never got them anything.

Of course I like seeing FAs brought in. But sacrificing one's future for the possibility of getting something good to happen is a long shot.

I guess they should follow the "sitting on their hands" philosophy the Chiefs have mastered. How has that worked for KC?

I'm sorry. I must have missed all the success The Raiders have had in the last six, or seven years. :D

Anyway.....

Yoda has been a very decent member of these boards. During the first two weeks, when The Chiefs were laying in a puddle of their own vomit, Yoda was respectful enough to minimize his presence here, as was OTF, our other visitor from Raider Nation. And I, for one, appreciate that.

Not that it saved us any of the humiliation, as some Chiefs fans stepped in and trashed this team about as well as a mob of Raiders fans would have.

Ryfo18
10-20-2011, 12:08 AM

Who won the AFC West last year?

Yoda
10-20-2011, 12:27 AM
Who won the AFC West last year?

Is this how Chiefs fans measure success. Winning the West? This is satisfying? I'm talking reaching the Super Bowl!

Ryfo18
10-20-2011, 01:10 AM
Is this how Chiefs fans measure success. Winning the West? This is satisfying? I'm talking reaching the Super Bowl!

So you're saying recent Super Bowl winners--Packers, Saints, Steelers, Giants, Colts, and Patriots--got to these Super Bowls by trading the farm for good players that can help now? I'm sorry my friend, but the Chiefs are trying to imitate the model that has served many other teams well--by building a team through drafts, and establishing some roster consistency year-in and year-out. Will it work? Who knows, but it doesn't hurt to model a tried and true strategy.

Look at the Eagles. Went out and tried to buy a team with all the great free agents, and they're sitting at 2-4. While the Chiefs are $32M under the cap, money they can use to make a few FA acquisitions and resign their core talent, the Raiders are $6M under the cap. With crap for draft picks, and little wiggle room for free agents, we'll see this team peak this year. It's now or never for the Raiders.

Yoda
10-20-2011, 09:06 AM
It has worked for the Raiders before, it could work again. All successful teams build 1.with good drafts 2.trades/FA pick ups. All those teams you mentioned have done just that. So are the Raiders.

Sure it was a while back, but Al traded a 1&2 for a player before.....Mike Haynes, then won a SB. Could happen again.....maybe not this year....within the next 2....Raiders can make a serious run.

pojote
10-20-2011, 09:10 AM
I think Raiders could succeed this year with Palmer, but not this week. They should probably start Palmer, not to win this game, but to make him fit to his new team.

OPLookn
10-20-2011, 11:03 AM
It has worked for the Raiders before, it could work again. All successful teams build 1.with good drafts 2.trades/FA pick ups. All those teams you mentioned have done just that. So are the Raiders.

Sure it was a while back, but Al traded a 1&2 for a player before.....Mike Haynes, then won a SB. Could happen again.....maybe not this year....within the next 2....Raiders can make a serious run.

While looking at history keeps us from making the same mistake it never guarantee's success. I'll give it to you that the Raiders have made some good pickup's in the draft and free agency.

But, you just went out and spent almost all of your draft picks on QB's. Campbell will likely never play another snap for the Raiders, he won't be worth a draft pick for trading him. Pryor while good in college is a running QB that if he has to can pass. He might turn into a decent QB but I'll be suprized if he does.

Now to Palmer, this guy has been on the decline for the past 5 years and hasn't even played or practiced an entire down in the NFL this year. He's 31 and factor in that he's on the decline if the Raiders don't go to and win the super bowl this year you'll be rebuilding for the next 5 years. You only have your 5th and 7th round this year and are missing at least your 2nd from next year. I'd rather build up my team to be good for a decade than have a flash in the pan that may or may not make it to the playoffs. Just me though.

Yoda
10-20-2011, 12:15 PM
I am not denying the huge risk Hue is taking. It is a gamble, but let's look at this objectively.

1. The Raiders are a young team, especially at the skilled positions. They have already drafted for the future. The future is now. In the NFL the window if opportunity closes quickly.

2.McFadden, has much of a beast that he is now, the shelf life of RB is very short. Why not take a chance a proven Pro-bowl QB.

3.Campbell will never be more than a game manager. Palmer has the potential to once again lead the O when the running game is not clicking.

4. Yes, this gamble could set the Raiders back 5 yrs if it does not pan out. So can a draft pick(s). The draft is as much as a gamble as what Hue just made.

5. You point out that Campbell is now possibly a wasted 4th round pick. Maybe, but that never happens when teams draft, every pick hits the mark. Right?

Bottom line, gambles are made all the time, just like gambles during the draft, this gamble will make or break Hue's career.

ctchiefsfan
10-20-2011, 12:24 PM
I am not denying the huge risk Hue is taking. It is a gamble, but let's look at this objectively.

1. The Raiders are a young team, especially at the skilled positions. They have already drafted for the future. The future is now. In the NFL the window if opportunity closes quickly.

2.McFadden, has much of a beast that he is now, the shelf life of RB is very short. Why not take a chance a proven Pro-bowl QB.

3.Campbell will never be more than a game manager. Palmer has the potential to once again lead the O when the running game is not clicking.

4. Yes, this gamble could set the Raiders back 5 yrs if it does not pan out. So can a draft pick(s). The draft is as much as a gamble as what Hue just made.

5. You point out that Campbell is now possibly a wasted 4th round pick. Maybe, but that never happens when teams draft, every pick hits the mark. Right?

Bottom line, gambles are made all the time, just like gambles during the draft, this gamble will make or break Hue's career.

Reasonably sound reasoning on all counts. This deal is somewhat reminscent of when you all picked up Plunkett.

Personally, I think this particular gamble was a "reach" and I don't think it is going to turn out for you, but then that may be why I am not an NFL head coach.....

If it were any other team than the Raiders, Donks or Bolts I would wish you good luck. But since we are talking Raiders, I hope this deal blows up in your faces.

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

Yoda
10-20-2011, 12:48 PM
I would not expect anything less from a rival! Just win baby!

ctchiefsfan
10-20-2011, 12:52 PM

I figured you'd understand. Truth be told I look forward to the two games against the Raiders more than I do the Superbowl if the Chiefs aren't in it.

If we were to go 2-14 but win both games against the Raiders it would still be an OK season.

chief31
10-20-2011, 02:46 PM

Umm, with two high draft picks, I'd say that would double the chances of success through drafting. Less risk. :D

I think getting Palmer was a good move.

I just think they gave away too much.

But, as you said, if they happen to win a Super Bowl as a result, then what seem like a bad price becomes the ultimate bargain.

tornadospotter
10-20-2011, 11:44 PM
A true fan of the game, team and the best rivalry in the NFL! The Chiefs vs The Raiders! May this game be injury free, exciting and entertaining. But when the game ends, The scoreboard says Chief's Win! :bananen_smilies046:

spiman
10-21-2011, 12:07 AM
:raisux: That much talk about them-Chit I live here-Frak'n Traders How soon they forget--AL. sold out on a Tues.. We better win

ctchiefsfan
10-21-2011, 12:34 AM
A true fan of the game, team and the best rivalry in the NFL! The Chiefs vs The Raiders! May this game be injury free, exciting and entertaining.

QUITE RIGHT!!!!

But when the game ends, The scoreboard says Chief's Win! :bananen_smilies046:

ALMOST right.....

Correct version is......

But when the game ends, The scoreboard says Chief's Win BIG!!!!

kcvet
10-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Raiders HC says now Palmer will be a game day decision

Yoda
10-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Have to keep Haley guessing! Truth be told, I expect Boller to start with Palmer having spot duty with scripted plays to get his feet wet. I see a close game playing out with the Raiders wearing down the Chiefs with size and speed and pulling away in the 3rd qt for a 24 - 13 win Rrrrrrrrraaaaaaiders! Just win baby!

ctchiefsfan
10-21-2011, 11:58 AM
An interesting scenario. I'd say 14 points is realistic from the KC offense we have seen up to now. But also expect to see an additional 6-14 points scored as a result of turnovers, trick plays, or plays by previously unused players.

KC will score between 20 and 28 points and I fully expect the result to be in doubt at the 2 minute warning in the 4th.

But in the end the chant will be CHIEFS WIN!!! CHIEFS WIN!!! CHIEFS WIN!!!!

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

Yoda
10-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Haley is going to have to rely on trick plays to keep hope alive. Although, the Raiders are tricksters too. Look out!

ctchiefsfan
10-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Haley is going to have to rely on trick plays to keep hope alive. Although, the Raiders are tricksters too. Look out!

You know as well as I do that both coaches will pull out all the stops in this game. Both teams will need every trick in the playbook (and a few that aren't) to stay in this game. This is not just another "any given Sunday" game. This is RAIDERS WEEK!!!!

It will be good to see my Raider enemy at the local Tavern this week. We always watch the KC-Raiders together. We already know which seats we will occupy at the bar and which TV we will be watching the game on.

Only thing in doubt now is who is going to be paying the tab at the end of the game.

I fully intend to burn up that sucker's entire paycheck!!!!!:whipping1::whipping1: :beer::beer::beer:

GO CHIEFS!!!!! :chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

Yoda
10-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Me thinks your hopes are too high. But hey, that's why fan is short for fanatical.

ctchiefsfan
10-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Me thinks your hopes are too high. But hey, that's why fan is short for fanatical.

We could be 0-15 and the Raiders 15-0 and I would still fully expect to hand then an ash whooping! :whipping1::whipping1::whipping1::whipping1::whipp ing1::whipping1:

Yoda
10-21-2011, 01:15 PM
I commend you on your dedication. I don't "hate" any fan base. But I can't STAND bandwagon fans.

ctchiefsfan
10-21-2011, 01:52 PM
I commend you on your dedication. I don't "hate" any fan base. But I can't STAND bandwagon fans.

Look.....You're Raider fan (albeit a halfway civilized one) and I am a Chiefs Fan.

You've never done anything to me and I have never done anything to you.

So neither of us has anything against the other as an individual.

But inevitably we despise each other not as individuals but because of who we are.

Dogs chase cats. It's just the way things are. The dog chases the cat not because he has anything against that individual cat, but because the cat is a cat.

Oh sure....you see all those pics of dogs cuddled up with cats....but only because they live in the same house and the pet owners would not tolerate them chasing each other all the time.

Similar situation with the Raiders fan I will be watching the game with at the Tavern this Sunday. We'll sit next to each other and laugh and joke. And if either team makes an exceptional play we will compliment each other. To all appearances we are buddies.

But the truth is that if either of us thought that by poisoning the other's drink it would help our team any then we'd run down to the grocery store at halftime to buy up all the RAT POISON they had.

Raiders and Chiefs HATE each other. It's what they do.

Just like dogs chase cats.

OPLookn
10-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Look.....You're Raider fan (albeit a halfway civilized one) and I am a Chiefs Fan.

But inevitably we despise each other not as individuals but because of who we are.

Dogs chase cats. It's just the way things are. The dog chases the cat not because he has anything against that individual cat, but because the cat is a cat.

Oh sure....you see all those pics of dogs cuddled up with cats....but only because they live in the same house and the pet owners would not tolerate them chasing each other all the time.

Similar situation with the Raiders fan I will be watching the game with at the Tavern this Sunday. We'll sit next to each other and laugh and joke. And if either team makes an exceptional play we will compliment each other. To all appearances we are buddies.

But the truth is that if either of us thought that by poisoning the other's drink it would help our team any then we'd run down to the grocery store at halftime to buy up all the RAT POISON they had.

Riiiighhht...or at the end of the day it's a game and the rivalry is fun and that's where it ends.

ctchiefsfan
10-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Riiiighhht...or at the end of the day it's a game and the rivalry is fun and that's where it ends.

Well....OK I guess....but my hatred of the Raiders does not end at the end of the game. Just starts ramping up for the next time we play them.

But if Yoda were to magically appear here in the Northwest corner of Ct, I'd certainly buy him a :bananen_smilies046: but if he was smart he wouldn't take his eye off it for long.....never know if I might have already visited the rat poison section of the local grocery store! :D:D:D

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

Chiefster
10-21-2011, 03:59 PM

Ummmm, I'm not running anywhere to buy rat poison to put in anyone's drink. Please tell me that you're not serious about attempted murder.

matthewschiefs
10-21-2011, 05:10 PM

You mean like you needed trick plays to hang on against the browns? Just thought i would chip in. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

OPLookn
10-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Ummmm, I'm not running anywhere to buy rat poison to put in anyone's drink. Please tell me that you're not serious about attempted murder.

I totally agree...I'm not running anywhere.

Yoda
10-21-2011, 06:58 PM
You mean like you needed trick plays to hang on against the browns? Just thought i would chip in. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Yup, especially when your starting QB goes down and your O is suddenly in a flux. Just win baby!

ctchiefsfan
10-21-2011, 09:36 PM

Of course not. No matter how richly he deserved it I would not cause any physical harm to a Raiders fan. To do so would make me no better than a Raiders fan. I was merely trying to exemplify how Chiefs fans feel about Raider games, and Raider fans about Chiefs games.

Perhaps hometown fans don't have quite the level of vitriol that those of us in the diaspora do. But I will tell you true.....I wouldn't turn my my back on my local Raider fan and I know for sure he wouldn't trust me enough to turn his back on me.

The game come Sunday is WAR!

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::raisux::raisux::r aisux:

kcvet
10-21-2011, 09:46 PM
we don't fall for ole Jedi mind tricks

Chiefster
10-21-2011, 11:24 PM
I totally agree...I'm not running anywhere.

HA! Me either! :lol:

Of course not. No matter how richly he deserved it I would not cause any physical harm to a Raiders fan. To do so would make me no better than a Raiders fan. I was merely trying to exemplify how Chiefs fans feel about Raider games, and Raider fans about Chiefs games.

Perhaps hometown fans don't have quite the level of vitriol that those of us in the diaspora do. But I will tell you true.....I wouldn't turn my my back on my local Raider fan and I know for sure he wouldn't trust me enough to turn his back on me.

The game come Sunday is WAR!

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::raisux::raisux::r aisux:

...Good to hear (metaphorically speaking) :D

ctchiefsfan
10-22-2011, 05:07 AM
All Raiders and their fans need to die. Only through death can apostates be reborn and see the light.

I will pray for Yoda's soul. Probably a waste of breath though!

Bike
10-22-2011, 10:53 AM
USC vs USC. Might be, well, interesting.

AkChief49
10-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Yes, We know! We're counting on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hckDvqN9jHM:D

tornadospotter
10-23-2011, 11:06 PM
Yes, We know! We're counting on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hckDvqN9jHM:D
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:While nothing like that happen in today's game! I loved the pick sixes we got in todays game.

tornadospotter
10-23-2011, 11:11 PM
The Jedi mind trick worked out well, for a Chiefs TD from a DB as a QB!

Chiefster
10-23-2011, 11:37 PM
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:While nothing like that happen in today's game! I loved the pick sixes we got in todays game.

Yup, six picks in all if I counted correctly and two of them for TDs! :D

KristofLaw
10-26-2011, 12:28 AM
"It was just an ... awful feeling walking off the field to be beat like that, in the fashion we were beat," Palmer said. "To be beat like that, in the end, will be something that really propels us through the second half of the season and hopefully into the postseason. We have a lot of work to do."

Err Oakland: Quarterbacks rusty as Chiefs win 28-0 (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/10/23/SPR31LLBSH.DTL&type=sports)

AkChief49
10-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Two of them by the Defensive player of the week -Brandon (I'll pick you) Flowers

Chiefster
10-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Two of them by the Defensive player of the week -Brandon (I'll pick you) Flowers

...Love it! :bananen_smilies046:

OPLookn
10-27-2011, 03:35 PM

That's almost as many picks as they gave up in the draft to get that stellar stable of QB's.

ctchiefsfan
10-28-2011, 01:33 AM
:raisux::raisux::raisux::raisux::raisux:

deadmeat
10-28-2011, 03:51 AM
YA well we se
en what a big help Palmer was laast week.But being in practice only a week did'nt work out or help them.But boho great for us.To bad about Al Davis a one of a kind guy who did'nt take crap from anyone and had a iron fist,a man that helped form a league to be reckoned with.Just like another guy I know of by the name of YA you got it Lamar Hunt.Did you cry when he passed[no] well I did.CHIEFS ALL THE WAY.