PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams has applied for re-instatement to the NFL.

hermhater
10-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Do you think we could get him cheap and use him as a second back (not the biggest Bennett fan here, guys)?

I know he keeps smokin' the lettuce, but maybe this time he can stay clean, and make a few good plays.

Why they keep putting LJ on the sidelines after so few plays is beyond me.

LJ can take it and he gets better the more carries he has.

DrunkHillbilly
10-02-2007, 06:36 PM
No thanks!!!!!!! We already had Bam!!!!!!!

m0ef0e
10-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Do you think we could get him cheap and use him as a second back (not the biggest Bennett fan here, guys)?

I know he keeps smokin' the lettuce, but maybe this time he can stay clean, and make a few good plays.

Why they keep putting LJ on the sidelines after so few plays is beyond me.

LJ can take it and he gets better the more carries he has.

No way, dude! Why??? We still have a decision coming up on Priest in week 6. Let Ricky go sit in a field somwhere communing with nature some more (or whatever he does). He just needs to get a contract he will violate and opt out of early (AGAIN) to get a little cash to buy another bag!

anaeelbackwards
10-02-2007, 06:41 PM
forget another RB, we need another O-line player.....

hermhater
10-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Well I guess the fans have spoken!

My bad!

:sign0103::sign0104::iamwithstupid: :toast2: :D

sling58
10-02-2007, 07:30 PM
We don't need Ricky. He will just cause problems.

chief31
10-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Well I guess the fans have spoken!

My bad!

:sign0103::sign0104::iamwithstupid: :toast2: :D

I cetainly wouldn't be against it. While I don't believe that his pot-smoking is in any way the NFLs business, he does need to learn how to pass the tests. He was a very talented guy. I don't know what he has done to keep himself in shape, but he was a ton, when I last saw him play.

Of course it might not work out, but then it might.

hermhater
10-02-2007, 09:10 PM
I cetainly wouldn't be against it. While I don't believe that his pot-smoking is in any way the NFLs business, he does need to learn how to pass the tests. He was a very talented guy. I don't know what he has done to keep himself in shape, but he was a ton, when I last saw him play.

The guy is a beast if you ask me.

He is like LJ, he can run over LB's, but he can also, when needed, be nimble and make people miss.

He has been in the league long enough to have learned to excel, but has sat out enough years to still remain healthy in his twilight years.

Something to be said about his ability, but he may cause problems amongst the teammates.

Polleo Pit Man
10-02-2007, 10:06 PM
The guy is a beast if you ask me.

He is like LJ, he can run over LB's, but he can also, when needed, be nimble and make people miss.

He has been in the league long enough to have learned to excel, but has sat out enough years to still remain healthy in his twilight years.

Something to be said about his ability, but he may cause problems amongst the teammates.
The guy has tons of talent, he just needs to learn wow to play the game of life.

rbedgood
10-03-2007, 01:10 AM
Irony will be when he goes back to NO to replace the injured McCallister...

m0ebr0
10-03-2007, 01:16 AM
We have Priest, Bennett and LJ, all which are pro-bowl backs. I dont think we need another back instead we need to pick up a blocking fullback.

rbedgood
10-03-2007, 01:23 AM
We have Priest, Bennett and LJ, all which are pro-bowl backs. I dont think we need another back instead we need to pick up a blocking fullback.

Highly unlikely that Priest will see the field...

hermhater
10-03-2007, 01:24 AM

Ricky can block any d lineman out there. The dude is a beast.

If you have never watched him play you are missing out.

I know he as a lot of off field issues, but he would be holding records right now had he not screwed his life up so much.

:toast2::D

m0ebr0
10-03-2007, 01:25 AM
Ricky can block any d lineman out there. The dude is a beast.

If you have never watched him play you are missing out.

I know he as a lot of off field issues, but he would be holding records right now had he not screwed his life up so much.

:toast2::D

I watched him play. I also watched him mess his life up. I donno if Id want that type of guy playin for us.

hermhater
10-03-2007, 01:26 AM
Irony will be when he goes back to NO to replace the injured McCallister...

That is what I am foreseeing...

Just thought we could get the guy cheap because of all of his problems...

Just throwing it out there, didn't think there would be this much controversy over such a simple subject.

m0ebr0
10-03-2007, 01:29 AM
That is what I am foreseeing...

Just thought we could get the guy cheap because of all of his problems...

Just throwing it out there, didn't think there would be this much controversy over such a simple subject.

Good thought. He was a good player when he actually played. Im just stating my opinion.

sling58
10-03-2007, 11:34 AM
We have Priest, Bennett and LJ, all which are pro-bowl backs. I dont think we need aknother back instead we need to pick up a blocking fullback.

When we going to see Boomer?

Canada
10-03-2007, 12:10 PM

He was in the CFL for a little while, then he broke his arm. Haven't heard anything about him since....until now!!

m0ef0e
10-03-2007, 12:29 PM
He totally screwed up his career as well as his life. He WOULD be better served as a fullby now seeing as how he is bigger and slower. He did not keep himself in good enough shape to play half-back at the pro level. Just look at his last, brief return. He was not the same Ricky Williams that came out of college.

I said we don't need him because we still have a decision to make on Priest, who is frothing at the mouth to play some football.