PDA

View Full Version : That was an *** whipp'n!

otf
10-24-2011, 12:41 AM
Defense did it's thing for you. We will see you again and next time it want be pretty!

Chiefster
10-24-2011, 12:49 AM
Defense did it's thing for you. We will see you again and next time it want be pretty!

Defense played very well. Raiders had a few strikes against them offensively this game. I don't look for our next meeting to be quite so one sided.

ctchiefsfan
10-24-2011, 09:10 AM
I don't look for our next meeting to be quite so one sided.

Quite right....

NEXT TIME WE'LL REALLY WHOOP THEIR BUTTS!!!

This was just practice!!!!!

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

hometeam
10-24-2011, 08:17 PM
Our d was lights out. It was helped by an inept raider oline/qb position.

Our offense still isnt doing anything worth celebrating over~

ctchiefsfan
10-24-2011, 08:19 PM

EXCEPT WINNING!!!!

Yoda
10-25-2011, 12:36 AM

Sounds like you know your football.

Yoda
10-25-2011, 12:49 AM
Quite right....

NEXT TIME WE'LL REALLY WHOOP THEIR BUTTS!!!

This was just practice!!!!!

Wow...just...wow

ctchiefsfan
10-25-2011, 12:52 AM
Wow...just...wow

Exactly what I said when the final score was

28-0 Baby, 28-0!!!!!!

Yoda
10-25-2011, 02:09 AM
Exactly what I said when the final score was

28-0 Baby, 28-0!!!!!!

Obviously, you don't understand sarcasm.

Three7s
10-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Man, this forum is getting full of homers......

azchiefsfan
10-25-2011, 11:19 AM
I can appreciate enthusiastic Homers. So-called fans who can think of very little good to say about our team-win or lose-not so much. We won and it was a gritty and hard fought victory. The score may say otherwise, but it wasn't easy or cheap. The offense scored when they had to and had 1 turnover. That's good offense. The trolls are going to downplay it, because that's what trolls do. But if anyone thinks the offense was sub par, well THEY DON'T know football. Once we had a good lead, then it made sense for Haley to go conservative like he did. It was clear the F*ckland offense wasn't going to beat us.

Chiefster
10-25-2011, 11:21 AM

:lol:

I freely admit my homerism, but I am not delusional. I suggest a difference between the two. :D

ctchiefsfan
10-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Obviously, you don't understand sarcasm.

Maybe I didn't....or maybe I just ignored it.

But either way, at least I can count.

28-0 Baby, 28-0!!!!

KristofLaw
10-26-2011, 12:09 AM
Whatever the case... I'm just happy to spank the Raiders in Oakland.

doobs_05
10-26-2011, 01:31 AM

Agree

Lets see what happens with SD Monday Night, beat MIA and DEN (if we don't beat those two..........i'm done)

then i wanna see us go through those 5 games against tough teams to get a feel of how good our team is

Three7s
10-26-2011, 01:42 AM
Agree

Lets see what happens with SD Monday Night, beat MIA and DEN (if we don't beat those two..........i'm done)

then i wanna see us go through those 5 games against tough teams to get a feel of how good our team is
I don't mind being enthusiastic about our team, it's just that we beat a completely handicapped Raiders team and our offense was terrible. If we beat the Chargers, I'm definitely on the bandwagon.

Chiefster
10-26-2011, 11:26 AM
I don't mind being enthusiastic about our team, it's just that we beat a completely handicapped Raiders team and our offense was terrible. If we beat the Chargers, I'm definitely on the bandwagon.

I completely understand what you're saying; I think the trick is to keep expectations from getting too high while never getting off the bandwagon. :D

OPLookn
10-26-2011, 01:03 PM
I completely understand what you're saying; I think the trick is to keep expectations from getting too high while never getting off the bandwagon. :D

Oh c'mon Chiefster we have to have a few people get on and off the bandwagon every now and then. If not we'll have so much weight on there we'll bust and axle and never get to the end of the Oregon trail.

The Chiefs really seem to have turned it around. I'm excited for the game Monday to see how we do.

Chiefster
10-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Oh c'mon Chiefster we have to have a few people get on and off the bandwagon every now and then. If not we'll have so much weight on there we'll bust and axle and never get to the end of the Oregon trail.

The Chiefs really seem to have turned it around. I'm excited for the game Monday to see how we do.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing the game on ESPN, and a jam packed Arrowhead. I love it when the twelfth man gets involved. :D

ctchiefsfan
10-26-2011, 02:49 PM
That should be one pumped up stadium Monday! From 0-3 to First place in 4 short weeks. Wouldn't that be cool! We REALLY need to win this one!

C Louie
10-26-2011, 04:13 PM
That should be one pumped up stadium Monday! From 0-3 to First place in 4 short weeks. Wouldn't that be cool! We REALLY need to win this one!

If it's anything like last year it will be amazing. Monday night games in consecutive years for FIRST PLACE!

azchiefsfan
10-26-2011, 04:18 PM
I really think this game will set the tone for the rest of our season. If we lose it doesn't mean we will end up with a losing season, but it does make it very unlikely we get in the playoffs. If we win it doesn't mean we'll make the playoffs, but we will have a great chance. I think we have the edge in the game, however, and expect to win a tough and very physical game.

ctchiefsfan
10-26-2011, 08:40 PM
I really think this game will set the tone for the rest of our season. If we lose it doesn't mean we will end up with a losing season, but it does make it very unlikely we get in the playoffs. If we win it doesn't mean we'll make the playoffs, but we will have a great chance. I think we have the edge in the game, however, and expect to win a tough and very physical game.

I'm with you AZ........

Last week against the Raiders was "survive or be broken".

We survived and got back into the hunt.

This week is "do we compete for the playoffs or do we compete for mediocrity".

Like we did last year, our Chiefs are starting to overperform.....which we must if we are to go anywhere with our injuries..

Overperforming relies a lot on confidence.....something we have built up in the last 4 weeks (yes....the last 4 weeks).

If this game was in Doltland and was our first game against them this year I would not be feeling too good right now.

But this game is......in KC.....on Monday night.....against a team WE KNOW WE ARE CAPABLE OF BEATING!!!! And the prize is TRULY being in the playoff hunt.

I'm expecting a "Think we were good last week?" performance by our D....then watch me now......

And I'm expecting our O to show they can be every bit as good as our D. Our O is going to want to show that the D isn't the only side of our team. I'm expecting KC to win this hard fought game by 10 points going away.

Our TEAM knows they can do it and they WILL do it at Arrowhead on Monday night!!!!

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

TopekaRoy
10-27-2011, 02:24 AM
I'm with you AZ........

Last week against the Raiders was "survive or be broken".

We survived and got back into the hunt.

This week is "do we compete for the playoffs or do we compete for mediocrity".

Like we did last year, our Chiefs are starting to overperform.....which we must if we are to go anywhere with our injuries..

Overperforming relies a lot on confidence.....something we have built up in the last 4 weeks (yes....the last 4 weeks).

If this game was in Doltland and was our first game against them this year I would not be feeling too good right now.

But this game is......in KC.....on Monday night.....against a team WE KNOW WE ARE CAPABLE OF BEATING!!!! And the prize is TRULY being in the playoff hunt.

I'm expecting a "Think we were good last week?" performance by our D....then watch me now......

And I'm expecting our O to show they can be every bit as good as our D. Our O is going to want to show that the D isn't the only side of our team. I'm expecting KC to win this hard fought game by 10 points going away.

Our TEAM knows they can do it and they WILL do it at Arrowhead on Monday night!!!!

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

Good post. My only disagreement is that I don't think the Chiefs are "overperforming." We have some really good players and I think they are finally staring to play up to their potential. Hopefully they continue to improve, because after their next 3 games the Chiefs have their work cut out for them.

ctchiefsfan
10-27-2011, 08:06 AM
Good post. My only disagreement is that I don't think the Chiefs are "overperforming." We have some really good players and I think they are finally staring to play up to their potential. Hopefully they continue to improve, because after their next 3 games the Chiefs have their work cut out for them.

Thanks TR....

We certainly do have some outstanding players and they are really "stepping up" to make for the injuries we've had. Which is what I meant by "overperforming". Not the best choice of words on my part.

We certainly do have a BIG challenge ahead of us after the next 3 games, but if we go into it at 6-3 I think we can put on a very good showing. Reaching the playoffs would still be a stretch, but if we are still in the hunt on December 24th then I think we have a really good shot. Arrowhead.....Christmas Eve.....Raiders.....Playoffs on the line.....Who wouldn't like our chances under those circumstances?

chief31
10-27-2011, 05:51 PM

I am with ya.

I look at the offensive, and defensive lines, and see the night/day difference from the early games, to the recent games, and I lean toward the notion that the groups are starting to "get their footing", as opposed to specifically overachieving.

I do, however, hold some reservations about rather they are actually as good as what they are showing, or if they are maybe being made to look even better by our lower level of opponents.

The O-line did a great job last week against The Raiders. And we all know The Raiders to have a serious pass rush. So they are well on their way to proving that they are actually good.

I am very anxious to see more. This week could make a huge statement about how good this team is.

TopekaRoy
10-27-2011, 06:01 PM
I do, however, hold some reservations about rather they are actually as good as what they are showing, or if they are maybe being made to look even better by our lower level of opponents.

The O-line did a great job last week against The Raiders. And we all know The Raiders to have a serious pass rush. So they are well on their way to proving that they are actually good.

I am very anxious to see more. This week could make a huge statement about how good this team is.
I couldn't agree with you more. The level of competition has been pretty weak the last 3 games to say the least, but you can only play against the teams on your schedule

That's why next weeks game is so important for showing what the Chiefs are really made of. If they play like they did the 2nd half of the game at San Diego, they should win. Then we will know they are "for real."

Chiefster
10-27-2011, 08:39 PM
I couldn't agree with you more. The level of competition has been pretty weak the last 3 games to say the least, but you can only play against the teams on your schedule

That's why next weeks game is so important for showing what the Chiefs are really made of. If they play like they did the 2nd half of the game at San Diego, they should win. Then we will know they are "for real."

Agreed; the last three wins did not exactly provide a litmus test.

ctchiefsfan
10-27-2011, 11:47 PM
Guys....OK...so I am a Homer...:homer: But y'know it just seems to me that this team (like last years team) is pulling together and becoming MORE than the sum of its parts. We're becoming a team that cares more about the team's success than individual success.

Call me crazy, but I think a lot of that has to do with Haley. Yeah....he takes some wild (and sometimes stupid) gambles, and perhaps he does get on the other coaches nerves.....but I think the players are responding to his coaching "style".

The playoffs are still a longshot this year, but 3 weeks ago an awful lot of us were wondering if we could even win 6 games this year....others were saying we needed to deliberately throw games so we could get Luck.

SCREW THAT SHIP!!!!!

We have a good team! We have a good coach! We have a good QB. We're getting stronger, better and more confident every week. If it wasn't for all our injuries we would already be sitting atop the AFC West!!!!

Put aside your worries....

Put on your "Homer Hats"......

and yell....

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

Remember....On Monday night we are playing the Dolts...in our house....for a share of First place in the AFC West....and we are playing with a 3 game winning streak!!!!!

Remember Tug McGraw in '73......

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!!!!

tornadospotter
10-28-2011, 12:31 AM
Guys....OK...so I am a Homer...:homer: But y'know it just seems to me that this team (like last years team) is pulling together and becoming MORE than the sum of its parts. We're becoming a team that cares more about the team's success than individual success.

Call me crazy, but I think a lot of that has to do with Haley. Yeah....he takes some wild (and sometimes stupid) gambles, and perhaps he does get on the other coaches nerves.....but I think the players are responding to his coaching "style".

The playoffs are still a longshot this year, but 3 weeks ago an awful lot of us were wondering if we could even win 6 games this year....others were saying we needed to deliberately throw games so we could get Luck.

SCREW THAT SHIP!!!!!

We have a good team! We have a good coach! We have a good QB. We're getting stronger, better and more confident every week. If it wasn't for all our injuries we would already be sitting atop the AFC West!!!!

Put aside your worries....

Put on your "Homer Hats"......

and yell....

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

Remember....On Monday night we are playing the Dolts...in our house....for a share of First place in the AFC West....and we are playing with a 3 game winning streak!!!!!

Remember Tug McGraw in '73......

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!!!!

http://youtu.be/Q3dtnV_OaTs

tornadospotter
10-28-2011, 12:32 AM
Chiefs Will!
Kansas City Chiefs - "Chiefs Will" Part 4 - YouTube

ctchiefsfan
10-28-2011, 01:04 AM
http://youtu.be/Q3dtnV_OaTs

Thanks for that TS!!!!!

Got me seriously PUMPED!!!!! I'll be bouncing off the walls by Monday night!!!!!

Chiefster
10-28-2011, 11:32 PM
OUT...wait for it, wait for it...STANDING!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: