PDA

View Full Version : Uniform Matchup

AussieChiefsFan
10-24-2011, 03:00 AM
Written before the game.

On an otherwise bland sartorial day for the NFL, our eyeballs are treated to yet another glorious AFL showdown. The players inside the getups may be bitter rivals, but the ever-striking silver-and-black of the Raiders and the Chiefs’ bold, bright red pants and hats make beautiful music together. Matter of fact, you can pencil this one down as a finalist for the Best Uniform Matchup in the all the NFL. - Dave Dameshek

Yoda
10-24-2011, 12:23 PM
I agree with that.

azchiefsfan
10-24-2011, 02:05 PM
I could go along with that. This rivalry is the strongest in the AFC-going back to the beginning of the AFL. Red and gold against silver and black. It brings up so many memories and causes a visceral reaction in me that causes my teeth to grind and my pulse to race.

Yoda
10-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Red and Gold....looks more red and yellow....condiment colors. Gold would be what the niner's or Notre Dame rock. That's gold.

azchiefsfan
10-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Red and Gold....looks more red and yellow....condiment colors. Gold would be what the niner's or Notre Dame rock. That's gold.

It's still considered gold.

Yoda
10-24-2011, 02:13 PM

Hmmm....ok

azchiefsfan
10-24-2011, 02:18 PM
When the Texans began playing in 1960, the team's logo consisted of the state of Texas in white with a yellow star marking the location of the city of Dallas. Originally, Hunt chose Columbia Blue and Orange for the Texans' uniforms, but Bud Adams chose Columbia blue and scarlet for his Houston Oilers franchise. Hunt reverted to red and gold for the Texans' uniforms, which even after the team relocated to Kansas City, remain as the franchise's colors to this day.

From the Chiefs own website.

azchiefsfan
10-24-2011, 02:22 PM
Yoda, you've become a fun opponent, please don't be a dick and start an argument over insulting our colors.

Hayvern
10-24-2011, 03:21 PM

Well if it wasn't for the semi-metal flake on your helmets, you guys would be black and gray at best, after yesterday's beating, black and blue is more likely the colors your team is seeing today.

chiefnut
10-25-2011, 03:11 PM

the steelers are black & gold [yellow] too.