PDA

View Full Version : What about Priest?

Polleo Pit Man
10-02-2007, 10:55 PM
I was just curious, has anyone heard any news on Priests comeback?

timsatt1
10-02-2007, 10:56 PM
yeah, sorry dont know where that thread went...basically, he isnt coming back. they released his rights i believe. someone please find that thread :)

Pro_Angler
10-02-2007, 10:58 PM
I would be very surprised if he play's again.
from what i understand he is only owed like $700,00 for the year on his contract so why not play him like they did marcos Allen back in the day.
I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt trade him or just release him after the season.

That would be a shame if they did. i think he can be productive esp. in short yardage or swing pass situation's.
but for noew he is still in the injured list

chief31
10-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Last I heard, he had the NFI listing. (Non-Football Injury) He is not eligible for activation, until after week six.

luv
10-02-2007, 11:09 PM
He won't play. Get the man some nachos.....in Texas.

m0ebr0
10-03-2007, 01:46 AM
Id love to see him come back to play for us. I dont want the Chiefs to be another team to say he should just give up like his college team and the NFL at first.

YZILLA
10-03-2007, 02:31 AM
I bet they play him otherwise why even let him have a chance to stay on the team . Carl sai in Hard Knocks on the phone with Priest , We will let you get back in football form and after week six well get you in there . Or something to that effect. DONT Quote me word for word.

wolfpack
10-03-2007, 10:07 AM
he`s toast or should i say nachoes.

sling58
10-03-2007, 10:57 AM
I hate to say it but I think he will be cut after week six. I would love to see Holmes and Johnson both in red and Gold in the backfield running over people but I don't think I will be able to see that again.

m0ef0e
10-03-2007, 01:32 PM
I hate to say it but I think he will be cut after week six. I would love to see Holmes and Johnson both in red and Gold in the backfield running over people but I don't think I will be able to see that again.

There is always hope, brother!

clayman32
10-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Last I heard he was on the PUP,physically unable to perform,list and because of that you have to stay off the team until after week 6.I would love to see Priest back on the field for the Chiefs.Don't count him out though,even if he doesn't get back on the field with KC,there will be another team to pick him up that needs a veteran tailback,even just as a backup.

m0ef0e
10-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Last I heard he was on the PUP,physically unable to perform,list and because of that you have to stay off the team until after week 6.I would love to see Priest back on the field for the Chiefs.Don't count him out though,even if he doesn't get back on the field with KC,there will be another team to pick him up that needs a veteran tailback,even just as a backup.

Yep. I think Priest will play football again in the NFL. I just hope it's with the Chiefs.

sling58
10-03-2007, 02:50 PM
There is always hope, brother!

True there is but I don't see it happening.

rbedgood
10-03-2007, 07:27 PM
There are a few teams that need a RB right now...New Orleans for sure, Houston with AGreen hurting, New England Cheaters with Maroney hurting, and Tampa Bay w/ Caddy out...

Also teams that are getting disappointing results currently include Chicago, Green Bay, NY Jets, Baltimore, and Atlanta...

sling58
10-05-2007, 08:20 AM
There are a few teams that need a RB right now...New Orleans for sure, Houston with AGreen hurting, New England Cheaters with Maroney hurting, and Tampa Bay w/ Caddy out...

Also teams that are getting disappointing results currently include Chicago, Green Bay, NY Jets, Baltimore, and Atlanta...

I dont' think I could bear seeing Holmes playing in another jersey other that the Red and Gold of KC.

rbedgood
10-05-2007, 11:34 AM
I dont' think I could bear seeing Holmes playing in another jersey other that the Red and Gold of KC.

Unfortunately this has become the nature of the game.

Chiefster
10-05-2007, 11:35 AM
...Activated after week six or not at all.

m0ebr0
10-05-2007, 01:55 PM
We will have to see what happens and hope. If he does go to another team (which i hope not) will will definitally wish the best for him and still cheer for him.

m0ef0e
10-05-2007, 01:59 PM
We will have to see what happens and hope. If he does go to another team (which i hope not) will will definitally wish the best for him and still cheer for him.

Absolutely. Until he plays against us! :yahoo:

Man, I really hope Trent and the Dolphins get something going soon. I don't want Green to end his career miserably.

rbedgood
10-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Players on the PUP list may be activated at week 6, but the team may keep them on the PUP through week 8. If Priest is healthy though there are a handful of teams that should contact the Chiefs regarding his services.

YZILLA
10-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Actually Chief 31 is right its the NFI ( Non Football Injury ) List not the PUP ( Physically unable to perform) . He will be able to play after week six . Carl stated on Hardknocks that they will bring him out after week six when He talked to priest on the phone. Episode 4 I believe . He said we will let you get ready and by week 6 we will get you in there .Sounded like he was almost promising he would at least give him the opportunity to have a shot in the big Dance again ! Again dont quote me , Just what I got outa that conversation on the Show!

m0ef0e
10-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Actually Chief 31 is right its the NFI ( Non Football Injury ) List not the PUP ( Physically unable to perform) . He will be able to play after week six . Carl stated on Hardknocks that they will bring him out after week six when He talked to priest on the phone. Episode 4 I believe . He said we will let you get ready and by week 6 we will get you in there .Sounded like he was almost promising he would at least give him the opportunity to have a shot in the big Dance again ! Again dont quote me , Just what I got outa that conversation on the Show!

CP may have just been trying to save some face and not look like a total @$$. I hope you are right and he brings Priest back, though.

YZILLA
10-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Me too Bro , Me too ! I cant imagine how the crowd would react seeing 31 come running onto the field again ! I wanna Be there for that ! A lifetime memory for sure , as I have never had the chance to see him live !

m0ef0e
10-05-2007, 04:10 PM
I just hope the Donkeys don't try to get him. CP should never let that happen. I just heard on ESPN radio that Donkey fans were holding up signs today saying they want Ricky Williams. Got a bunch of geniuses up there, don't they? ROFLMAO

YZILLA
10-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Why not ? Their number 1 back right now might be suspended for weed. They might as well try and get another pot head to play for them . They are geniuses over there ! :lol: :lol:

timsatt1
10-05-2007, 08:03 PM
CP may have just been trying to save some face and not look like a total @$$. I hope you are right and he brings Priest back, though.

Priest is my most favorite Chiefs player of all time!!!!

If he comes back, I WILL BE SO SO SO GREATFUL!!! maybe he can knock LJs pride down a few notches.

OTR Chiefs fan
10-05-2007, 08:30 PM

If he comes back, I WILL BE SO SO SO GREATFUL!!! maybe he can knock LJs pride down a few notches.

Yeah, don't count on it. But he won't de-throne LJ. At best he'll be a situational back like Bennett, unless LJ goes down. :D

anaeelbackwards
10-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Yeah, don't count on it. But he won't de-throne LJ. At best he'll be a situational back like Bennett, unless LJ goes down. :D

and then he'll be happy to take the money... :)
priest was such a great back....

hermhater
10-06-2007, 12:08 AM
and then he'll be happy to take the money... :)
priest was such a great back....

We miss Priest!

We believe!

Polleo Pit Man
10-06-2007, 12:21 AM

Priest used to be my main homeboy! He was tha man. LJ came in and has been my man since, but Priest will always have a spot with me. I feel like we've been in battle togather! Ya know LJ needs a little kick in the a** like the diper thing! Maybe Priest can do that. I think he trie dealier saying, "if he dont want the spot, I'll take it". I love them both, but let s light that fire under Larry's butt....lets make him run MAD!!!!!!!!

Chiefster
10-06-2007, 12:23 AM
Priest will never again done the red and gold apparel again I fear.

anaeelbackwards
10-06-2007, 12:25 AM
Priest used to be my main homeboy! He was tha man. LJ came in and has been my man since, but Priest will always have a spot with me. I feel like we've been in battle togather! Ya know LJ needs a little kick in the a** like the diper thing! Maybe Priest can do that. I think he trie dealier saying, "if he dont want the spot, I'll take it". I love them both, but let s light that fire under Larry's butt....lets make him run MAD!!!!!!!!

hahahahahaha......:lol:

i wish i could say that LJ was my man... but D-BO is my man.

hermhater
10-06-2007, 12:27 AM
Priest will never again done the red and gold apparel again I fear.

I stated this in another thread.

He only got the chance to run because of DickVermeil.

The same is true with Trent.

He never would have had a chance after the knee injury if it wasn't for DV.

Those days are gone my friends.

We must now hope for a few good plays on offense to make scores, because this team is all about defense now!

hermhater
10-06-2007, 12:28 AM
hahahahahaha......:lol:

i wish i could say that LJ was my man... but D-BO is my man.

I thought Canada was your man?!?!?!?!?!?!

hehehe

Polleo Pit Man
10-06-2007, 12:29 AM

hehehe
well canada is my man too i mean if canada dont show i gotta rely on LJ. lol get my PM hh?

Polleo Pit Man
10-06-2007, 12:31 AM
I stated this in another thread.

He only got the chance to run because of DickVermeil.

The same is true with Trent.

He never would have had a chance after the knee injury if it wasn't for DV.

Those days are gone my friends.

We must now hope for a few good plays on offense to make scores, because this team is all about defense now!

I am sorry but i think you might have said " dick" in your post ? is that really nessesary? sorry feelin raped again?

anaeelbackwards
10-06-2007, 12:49 AM

hehehe

CANADA IS MY HERO.... he's the beer MAN. :0)

sling58
10-06-2007, 07:19 AM
Absolutely. Until he plays against us! :yahoo:

Man, I really hope Trent and the Dolphins get something going soon. I don't want Green to end his career miserably.

I read somewhere that people were saying that he should have retired last year to leave his good career intact. Some are saying this year will hurt his image.

m0ef0e
10-06-2007, 03:04 PM
I read somewhere that people were saying that he should have retired last year to leave his good career intact. Some are saying this year will hurt his image.

Well, I'm sure there are a lot of people in Miami questioning the decision to bring him in.

hermhater
10-06-2007, 03:06 PM

Where the Farmers Almanac?

:lol::lol:

sling58
10-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Where the Farmers Almanac?

:lol::lol:

huh? I don't get it

hermhater
10-06-2007, 03:11 PM
huh? I don't get it

Trent is playing scared now. He never should have run for that first down last year.

Dirty players get away with anything playing against the Chiefs.

That is how the NFL treats us.

chief31
10-06-2007, 03:18 PM

Priest? Ruin his image? How do people talk about Michael Jordan? Did he effectively ruin his image? That is hogwash. Anyhting that one would do in a return to their respective sport can never take away the respect that they have already earned. (Aside form something like the Ron Artest incident, at the Palace.)

hermhater
10-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Priest? Ruin his image? How do people talk about Michael Jordan? Did he effectively ruin his image? That is hogwash. Anyhting that one would do in a return to their respective sport can never take away the respect that they have already earned. (Aside form something like the Ron Artest incident, at the Palace.)

I thought we were talking about Trent?

Where are my pants?

m0ef0e
10-06-2007, 03:21 PM

I think that post was referring to Trent. If it was about Priest, I agree with you for sure. Trent should have retired, though. I don't want to see him get lynched by a Miami mob.

sling58
10-06-2007, 03:24 PM

I thought we were talkign about Trent also. Agree with you on Priest. He can't tarnish his image.

chief31
10-06-2007, 03:29 PM
I think that post was referring to Trent. If it was about Priest, I agree with you for sure. Trent should have retired, though. I don't want to see him get lynched by a Miami mob.

I thought we were talkign about Trent also. Agree with you on Priest. He can't tarnish his image.

Appearently, Green had become the topic of discussion, in this thread. Being on the second page, I read the thread-starter, then a post about Green. Sure looked like HH was off-track. :D

timsatt1
10-06-2007, 06:06 PM
Trent is playing scared now. He never should have run for that first down last year.

Dirty players get away with anything playing against the Chiefs.

That is how the NFL treats us.

just an opinion, but i am tired of hearing about this conspiracy about the Chiefs and how they are somehow the "hated"team or dont get fair treatment. I have been watching the Chiefs since 1990 and have never saw this as an issue, then came here and everyone talks about this ullusion.

Just watch the Chiefs and cheer em on and be normal and dont make up stuff in order to have something to whine about!

hermhater
10-06-2007, 06:08 PM
just an opinion, but i am tired of hearing about this conspiracy about the Chiefs and how they are somehow the "hated"team or dont get fair treatment. I have been watching the Chiefs since 1990 and have never saw this as an issue, then came here and everyone talks about this ullusion.

Just watch the Chiefs and cheer em on and be normal and dont make up stuff in order to have something to whine about!

If you can't see it then you are blind dude.

chief31
10-06-2007, 06:12 PM

How about if you just zip it and don't worry about it. If you are "tired of it" then bypass it. What is it that makes people think they have to tell others to shut up because they don't agree?

You have done nothing but insult people around here, then you go and tell everyone what to do.

Here's a newsflash... The rest of the world does not acknowledge you as the planetary ruler, nor the all-knowing anything. Try treating people as equals instead of lesser beings. You are not as special as you believe.

hermhater
10-06-2007, 06:13 PM
How about if you just zip it and don't worry about it. If you are "tired of it" then bypass it. What is it that makes people think they have to tell others to shut up because they don't agree?

You have done nothing but insult people around here, then you go and tell everyone what to do.

Here's a newsflash... The rest of the world does not acknowledge you as the planetary ruler, nor the all-knowing anything. Try treating people as equals instead of lesser beings. You are not as special as you believe.

Good call man!

:sign0098:

m0ebr0
10-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Priest was one of the great backs for us. It would make him look better if he came back and played. He has dealt with negetivity and people saying he couldnt do it all his life and look where he ended up. I think it would help him out to come back and play. He wants to. While he was in Texas he was taining and working out to come back.

Now if CP will acually play him (prolly not, arg...)

hermhater
10-06-2007, 06:17 PM

:sign0098:

timsatt1
10-06-2007, 06:21 PM
If you can't see it then you are blind dude.
:pointlaugh: :pointlaugh: :sign0103: :smilies_xxx13: :smilies_xxx10: :smilies_xxx01: :bananen_smilies011: :smilies_xxx06: :bananen_smilies083:

m0ef0e
10-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Try treating people as equals instead of lesser beings. You are not as special as you believe.

These are good words of advice to anybody. I don't care who you are. :sign0098:

timsatt1
10-06-2007, 08:53 PM
These are good words of advice to anybody. I don't care who you are. :sign0098:

does that include what you say about the analysts on sporscenter?

hermhater
10-06-2007, 09:09 PM
does that include what you say about the analysts on sporscenter?

If you are paid to do your job and stink at it you would be fired in any other profession besides sports analyst it seems to me.

They even sit and joke about how lousy there picks were the previous week and then expect someone to respect their opinion.

Comes with the territory. We are fans on this site and are sharing our love of the Chiefs and do not like the way they are portrayed.

Everyone has a voice here, even people that don't agree.

sling58
10-07-2007, 07:55 AM
If you are paid to do your job and stink at it you would be fired in any other profession besides sports analyst it seems to me.

They even sit and joke about how lousy there picks were the previous week and then expect someone to respect their opinion.

Comes with the territory. We are fans on this site and are sharing our love of the Chiefs and do not like the way they are portrayed.

HH your posts are getting better. I would have to say I agree with you. dang that hurt, lol. Good post HH.

Chiefster
10-08-2007, 10:56 PM

Could not agree more!:sign0098:

DrunkHillbilly
10-09-2007, 12:09 AM

What??? There are no disagreements here!!

hermhater
10-09-2007, 12:24 AM
What??? There are no disagreements here!!

I disagree!!!