PDA

View Full Version : Dec 24th 2011 Raiders @Chiefs!!!

blade4804
11-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Hi all, I am finally getting to come up and see the Chiefs play!! anyone have any recomendation on affordable hotel? how much is parking? and who/where are you guys tailgating so I can get in on some of that?

Looking forward to drive 10 hours to see the Chiefs kick some Raider ***!! woohoo!!

azchiefsfan
11-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Use Travelocity, Orbitz, hotels.com or Priceline and do it ASAP. I use Priceline a lot because I select 3.5 stars or higher and start at, like, $25 and go up by $5 until I get a nice room at the lowest possible price. You can bid by city regions to guarantee a hotel close to Arrowhead.

marloweopatchiefs
11-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Stay at the holiday inn. Right across from arrowhead stadium then you won' thave to pay fo rparking you can just walk over.

marloweopatchiefs
11-01-2011, 06:07 PM
I used priceline and it was 40 bucks for king bed sized room when i went last year

azchiefsfan
11-01-2011, 06:11 PM
I just found that BW for $52 including tax on Travelocity.

OPLookn
11-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Parking is $27 so if you can find a hotel that's within walking distance factor that in. The down side of a hotel within walking distance is you can't use your vehicle to bring in stuff to bbq or anything like that.

I live in KC right now albeit the farthest from the stadium that I think you can dang near get I'd agree that you need to get on hotel reservations right now. With it being a Dec. 24th game you're also competing with people that are visiting family for Xmas too.

As for tailgating, I don't have an idea on that one. I'll be up watching the game with my family in Iowa (if they're showing it on TV).

Yoda
11-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Ahem, I will also be making the trip. :)

#58ChiefsFan
11-02-2011, 07:29 PM

I hope that you do, I would enjoy meeting the one known as Yoda.

kcvet
11-03-2011, 09:19 AM

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/11/7.jpg

your arrangements have been made (Christmas lights extra)

Canada
11-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Hi all, I am finally getting to come up and see the Chiefs play!! anyone have any recomendation on affordable hotel? how much is parking? and who/where are you guys tailgating so I can get in on some of that?

Looking forward to drive 10 hours to see the Chiefs kick some Raider ***!! woohoo!!Holiday Inn, Drury Inn or the Clarion. They might cost a few extra $$ but u can walk over and you will save in parking passes as well as being able to get into the parking lot much faster!! Dont want to miss tailgating time!! :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
11-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Ahem, I will also be making the trip. :)Wish I could be there with you

ctchiefsfan
11-03-2011, 11:55 AM

You sir are a glutton for punishment! I can't make it as 2 weeks later I'm off to Oklahoma for pheasant hunting and cannot miss work 2 out of 3 weekends. But the next time you make the trip I will most certainly buy you a :toast2: or 3.

And BTW....you can leave your gang banger Mac-10 at home. You'll be dealing with Chiefs fans and we treat even Oakland fans with civility.

Yoda
11-03-2011, 10:30 PM
I here ya. I strictly bow hunt, traditional bow hunting. The season just opened here in CA for deer(bows only) I just went salmon fishing on Feather and Russian river and landed two 50+ kings....damm good fight. I had one of them smoked and the other cut into steaks. Going to hit those rivers again....maybe even land some stripers too. Then, try to fill up my tags. I set up a motion sensor camera on a good spot up near Shasta, there seems to be a good collection of trophy bucks. Good luck on your hunt.

ctchiefsfan
11-03-2011, 11:01 PM
A fellow hunter can't be all bad...even if he is an Oakland fan! Only local stuff is whitetail and geese, but I'm just back from chasing Pronghorn and Sage grouse in Wyoming and Doves in Texas. Haven't used a bow in ages....I just take a few whitetail and pronghorns every year 'cause they are so damned good to eat. Give a couple of whitetail to Hunters for the Hungry every year.

These days my true love is shotgun hunting....geese, ducks, doves, sage grouse, pheasant, grouse.....if it flies I hunt it.

Works out pretty well.....we're not allowed to hunt on Sundays here in Ct.....so my two passions don't compete for time.

A Raiders fan who hunts with a recurve bow.....now that is an anomoly if I ever heard one! Maybe there is hope for you people after all.

AkChief49
11-04-2011, 01:25 AM
I here ya. I strictly bow hunt, traditional bow hunting. The season just opened here in CA for deer(bows only) I just went salmon fishing on Feather and Russian river and landed two 50+ kings....damm good fight. I had one of them smoked and the other cut into steaks. Going to hit those rivers again....maybe even land some stripers too. Then, try to fill up my tags. I set up a motion sensor camera on a good spot up near Shasta, there seems to be a good collection of trophy bucks. Good luck on your hunt.

A fellow hunter can't be all bad...even if he is an Oakland fan! Only local stuff is whitetail and geese, but I'm just back from chasing Pronghorn and Sage grouse in Wyoming and Doves in Texas. Haven't used a bow in ages....I just take a few whitetail and pronghorns every year 'cause they are so damned good to eat. Give a couple of whitetail to Hunters for the Hungry every year.

These days my true love is shotgun hunting....geese, ducks, doves, sage grouse, pheasant, grouse.....if it flies I hunt it.

Works out pretty well.....we're not allowed to hunt on Sundays here in Ct.....so my two passions don't compete for time.

A Raiders fan who hunts with a recurve bow.....now that is an anomoly if I ever heard one! Maybe there is hope for you people after all.
QFT!
I'll be going to Georgia this month for whitetail...deer. Hopefully for an old fashioned Thanksgiving-back strap!!
It's nice to see the Kings coming back in California! A few years back I was at my cousins place in Oakdale and seen a few Kings in the creek by his place. It was December and they were spawned out but neat to see! I live a mile from the Kenai river (world record King 97 lbs.) They are awesome smoked!!

Yoda
11-04-2011, 02:46 AM
QFT!
I'll be going to Georgia this month for whitetail...deer. Hopefully for an old fashioned Thanksgiving-back strap!!
It's nice to see the Kings coming back in California! A few years back I was at my cousins place in Oakdale and seen a few Kings in the creek by his place. It was December and they were spawned out but neat to see! I live a mile from the Kenai river (world record King 97 lbs.) They are awesome smoked!!

By Oakdale....that would be the Stanislaus River and most of those Kings spawn up near Knights Ferry. But.....the Stanislaus is off limits during the salmon runs...and will be for a couple generations. But the Sacramento, Russian, Feather, and the American rivers are having a pretty good season.

Yoda
11-04-2011, 02:53 AM

PLENTY of Raiders fans love fishing/hunting. California has some pretty good spots for both. You can hunt Elk (Tule Elk) White tails....wild pigs....black bears....lots of game fowl...of course fishing whether it be fresh water or salt. Between salmon runs....I try my luck on Kokane(inland locked salmon in fresh water lakes)

I've been invited on wild turkey hunt here in the foothills right before the Sierra Nevadas. Should be fun.

ctchiefsfan
11-04-2011, 09:20 AM
PLENTY of Raiders fans love fishing/hunting.

Are you trying to suggest that Oakland fans are human beings? IMPOSSIBLE!!!

California has some pretty good spots for both. You can hunt Elk (Tule Elk) White tails....wild pigs....black bears....lots of game fowl...of course fishing whether it be fresh water or salt. Between salmon runs....I try my luck on Kokane(inland locked salmon in fresh water lakes)

I know you have some great hunting and fishing out there. I have 2 friends that lived there for many years. They got out because of the insane gun laws.

I've been invited on wild turkey hunt here in the foothills right before the Sierra Nevadas. Should be fun.

Turkey hunting is a blast and they are GREAT eating too.