PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs fortunate or getting better.

Yoda
11-02-2011, 01:37 PM
After the Chiefs started out 0-3. Why are they now tied for the division lead? Are they getting better or lucky. Let's look at the last 3 games.

1. Colts a horrible..... horrible team that has given up.

2.Raiders- a team that the Chiefs caught in transition at QB and injured at other key positions

3. Chargers- butter fingers, very lucky at the end....but Chiefs capitalized

One element that has vastly improved is the ......gasp....Chiefs D. Bottom line, the Chiefs have improved and have caught some breaks. Problem is that after Miami, Chiefs will face a guatlent and will need more than luck and more production from their O. I give Haley credit for keeping the team focused and now believing.

SIC J
11-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Sounds like you're looking for an excuse to say they suck. The offense has done a complete turn around and the defense has stepped up big time.

6 interceptions against the Raiders is not luck.
Holding the Chargers to 4 FGs is not luck.
17 point comeback win is not luck.
4 game win streak is not luck.

bbacker51
11-02-2011, 02:07 PM
They are tied because at the end of the game, they scored more points. It doesn't get simpler than that. The two losses at the beginning of the year were to good teams that weren't good last year.

As far as San Diego, I think a lot of reporters pick them to be good because at the end of the year, they can say "who would have thought that blah blah blah and San Diego dissapoints again.

Odd insert: I don't like Phillip Rivers. He is the new John Elway of the AFC West..........cry me a Rivers.

bbacker51
11-02-2011, 02:08 PM
PS: he should quit eating butter sandwiches in the huddle. :pointlaugh:

Yoda
11-02-2011, 02:09 PM
What I am saying is that the Chiefs are getting better and are also taking advantage of some good fortune. You believe I am saying they "suck" because your looking through red&yellow glasses and I am a Raiders fan.

OxDeadface
11-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Sounds like you're looking for an excuse to say they suck. The offense has done a complete turn around and the defense has stepped up big time.

The offense has improved a lot since the first couple of games, I don't think anyone doubts that. I do agree with Yoda though, in that they need to produce more and be more consistent. They need to find a way to keep that momentum going like they had in the first quarter on Monday. The second and third quarters were pretty bad on that side of the ball; the defense really saved us there. I'm kind of afraid of what will happen if we hit an offensive slump like that against some of the better teams where it will be much more difficult on the D alone to keep us in it.

pojote
11-02-2011, 02:19 PM
What I am saying is that the Chiefs are getting better and are also taking advantage of some good fortune. You believe I am saying they "suck" because your looking through red&yellow glasses and I am a Raiders fan.

I always think about the scenario, not giving too much credit to my obvious feelings about my team. If that would be the case, I pretend to win every game, and if it doesn't, it would be just bud luck. But it isn't that way.

Those 3 games as units, I can agree with you, but as a whole, it can't be just luck. And also, a lot of teams (Miami, Denver, long etc.) wouldn't take that opportunities to win.

matthewschiefs
11-02-2011, 02:26 PM

Your right they have had some good luck this year

BUT

They are also getting better in spite of losing 3 key parts of there team. Not having there first round pick for the first few games of the season. There like every other team they have had some good luck but they also have there own share of bad fortune.

azchiefsfan
11-02-2011, 02:26 PM
I think in the last game it is a combination of both. It was just being great on defense that kept one of the higher scoring teams from getting touchdowns to give us a chance at the end plus the Rivers fumble. If they hadn't tried to run the clock down and sent the FG team on. If Rivers had made the simple grab from center. If one of their guys would have jumped on the ball... I'll let whiny beatch Rivers tearfully give the what-ifs. Fact is we were in a position to win because our defense played well enough to keep it close and our offense scored enough to keep it tied. Yeah the fumble helped, but it was solid play that made that turnover so important.

Yoda
11-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Your right they have had some good luck this year

BUT

They are also getting better in spite of losing 3 key parts of there team. Not having there first round pick for the first few games of the season. There like every other team they have had some good luck but they also have there own share of bad fortune.

For example, the Raiders "lucked out" in that a down and out Denver is in town this weekend. This should Palmer break in and warm up. Raiders need to take advantage of this good fortune and get better. Especially with a Chargers game on a short week coming up.

bbacker51
11-02-2011, 02:42 PM

Definetely fortunate, but definetely getting better too. Well said sir.:chiefs:

OPLookn
11-02-2011, 03:11 PM
After the Chiefs started out 0-3. Why are they now tied for the division lead? Are they getting better or lucky. Let's look at the last 3 games.

2.Raiders- a team that the Chiefs caught in transition at QB and injured at other key positions

One element that has vastly improved is the ......gasp....Chiefs D. Bottom line, the Chiefs have improved and have caught some breaks. Problem is that after Miami, Chiefs will face a guatlent and will need more than luck and more production from their O. I give Haley credit for keeping the team focused and now believing.

Before the Raiders and Chargers game I'd have said luck, now I'm going to say getting better. Luck would have been a Raiders game that was 14 points or less but a shutout, that's not luck. Holding the Chargers with that many shots inside the 35, that's not luck.

Battle has become a very good RB, Baldwin is starting to be worked into the offense so D's can't double Bowe and say now what? The O-line is starting to gel and you're seeing Cassel step up into the pocket believing that it'll hold instead of running to the outside and/or throwing the ball away.

My personal thought is that this team is growing week to week and it'll be just in time to get to the "good" teams. We have Miami this week and Denver next week and then comes the gauntlet.

Every team has had injuries this year and Detroit and Buffalo are legit teams now. We thought they still sucked and they're a good team now, everyone saw the result. The Chargers game was lost by 3 points and that's a normal spread for a loss. I won't disagree with a combination of both but would say it's more getting better than the word luck.

Bike
11-02-2011, 03:39 PM
For example, the Raiders "lucked out" in that a down and out Denver is in town this weekend. This should Palmer break in and warm up. Raiders need to take advantage of this good fortune and get better. Especially with a Chargers game on a short week coming up.
Thats all well and good - but we don't care what the raiders do. This is a Chiefs forum.

Ryfo18
11-02-2011, 03:42 PM

So do the Chiefs once again "luck out" when the Broncos beat the Raiders?

SIC J
11-02-2011, 03:57 PM

That's not "luck", that's called FOOTBALL!

People get hurt. It's part of the game. The Raiders playing the Broncos this weekend is not "luck". The schedule was made well before any of the Raider injuries.

Three7s
11-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Sure, the Chiefs got lucky, but good luck is important in the game of football. Sure makes up for the terrible luck of losing three of our best players earlier. I know the offense is pretty inconsistent right now, but if the running game keeps improving, the offense should improve as a whole as the season goes on.

Canada
11-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Every team gets a little luck somewhere during a 4 game win streak. Do you think maybe it isnt a 5 game win stread because SD got lucky at home when we missed 2 FGs and a sh!tty pick by Cassel at the end of the game? Did the rest of the AFC West get some luck when Charles, Moeaki and Berry went out for the year? Dumbas$ Raider fans trying to stir sh!t up in here with these as$inine posts....looks like someone is gonna have to put u in your place AGAIN.

PS Its not luck that your QBs are sh!t, that is your team not being ready to play. No one here was making excuses like that when we were losing, but now that we are winning it must have some luck...shut the fu#k up. I know I know....im just misreading what you are saying!!

chief31
11-02-2011, 05:29 PM
WHile I absolutely agree that The Chiefs have had some luck, I would insist that this team has had far more bad luck, than good.

Berry, Charles, Moeaki? Lucky? Nope.

Oh... Rivers fumbled with an almost certain win in the bag, did he?

And Cassel had an incompletion ruled a fumble, after McCluster "fumbled" the ball after he was down.

Rivers made a mistake to cause that "luck", while the referees made the mistakes that caused The Chiefs' bad luck.

Were we lucky that The Raiders lost Campbell? No. We were going to victimize him too.

Were we lucky that we came back from 17-0 against The Colts? No. We outplayed them 24-0 from that point.

We have gotten some breaks. But, again, this team has been decidedly unlucky in 2011.

While I have no doubt that this team has gotten better, that doesn't mean that my confidence is high, even for these next two games.

But lucky?

No way.

azchiefsfan
11-02-2011, 06:04 PM
My confidence is far higher this week after the offensive line and our secondary showed up strong in two straight games. As I already mentioned it was hard and determined play that kept us in the game that made the Rivers fumble so important. Does anyone else remember we were tied at that point, despite way too many more three and outs? It was fortunate, but not lucky because we put ourselves in a position to make that possession that important.

#58ChiefsFan
11-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Good things happen to good people.

That also explains the raiders record in the past decade. :smile

Boxermm187
11-02-2011, 08:31 PM
As long as there is a "W" I am all for it!!! let them hate!!! we too have key injuries!!! to win 4 games without THREE key players that got us ten last year is big!!! Charles, Big Moe, and Berry.....come on now, and to be in first place after an 0-3 start....WOW!!! KEEP ON HATING CAUSE I AM GOING TO KEEP ON SMILING!!

like they say...people who try to bring you down only means you are above them!!! GO CHIEFS!!!

matthewschiefs
11-02-2011, 09:37 PM
As long as there is a "W" I am all for it!!! let them hate!!! we too have key injuries!!! to win 4 games without THREE key players that got us ten last year is big!!! Charles, Big Moe, and Berry.....come on now, and to be in first place after an 0-3 start....WOW!!! KEEP ON HATING CAUSE I AM GOING TO KEEP ON SMILING!!

like they say...people who try to bring you down only means you are above them!!! GO CHIEFS!!!

Well said.

People like to think that we are just getting lucky to win games. Even ESPN Monday night kept talking about the Chargers being hurt like we were 100% healthy the fact that this team has come back and get back in the race is amazing considering we lost our top player on offense our top player in the defenses backfield. Things are only looking up for this team :chiefs:

figcrostic
11-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Every team gets a little luck somewhere during a 4 game win streak. Do you think maybe it isnt a 5 game win stread because SD got lucky at home when we missed 2 FGs and a sh!tty pick by Cassel at the end of the game? Did the rest of the AFC West get some luck when Charles, Moeaki and Berry went out for the year? Dumbas$ Raider fans trying to stir sh!t up in here with these as posts....looks like someone is gonna have to put u in your place AGAIN.

PS Its not luck that your QBs are sh!t, that is your team not being ready to play. No one here was making excuses like that when we were losing, but now that we are winning it must have some luck...shut the fu#k up. I know I know....im just misreading what you are saying!!

:sFl_canada2::bananen_smilies046: I'm with you I'm tired of fans of other teams coming in here and trying to stir crap up. It's not our fault the Raiders season is basically over.:mooning:

Yoda
11-02-2011, 10:31 PM
:sFl_canada2::bananen_smilies046: I'm with you I'm tired of fans of other teams coming in here and trying to stir crap up. It's not our fault the Raiders season is basically over.:mooning:

Sigh.....ya....both of you are a tribute to the families that spawned you. Wow

Chiefster
11-02-2011, 10:35 PM

I agree; at this point I think it's a little of both. However, I think the same could be said of most teams.

Chiefster
11-02-2011, 10:54 PM

You, too, make some very valid points. Rep!

TopekaRoy
11-03-2011, 12:44 AM
I hate to say it, but I almost started this thread myself, but Yoda beat me to it. His points are perfectly valid.

I don't know what to think of this team right now. You don't beat 4 NFL teams in a row - any 4 teams - without being pretty good. With a little good luck we could have won 4 in a row, and we will probably win the next two games to go to 6-3 That's great.

Having said that, how much have the Chiefs really accomplished? The Vikings and Colts are bad teams. The Raiders were in complete disarray without their starting QB and it took a lucky fumble for us to beat the Chargers.

To be fair, the Chargers didn't lose that game because of the fumble, like everyone is saying. They just lost the opportunity to win it. There's a big difference. The Chargers had 1st possession in overtime but the Chiefs held them to 3 and out. After the punt, the Chiefs easily marched down the field to set up the game winning FG and San Diego was helpless to stop them. That tells me the Chiefs weren't just lucky. They were also the better team that night.

You can't watch the Chiefs without seeing that they are getting better every week, but how much better? The Chargers are a pretty good team, but other than them, the Chiefs really haven't been tested. We will know more after that really tough 5 game stretch.

My gut feeling is that they will win the next two games and the last 2 games. That's 8 wins. We need to win 2 games out of the 5 against the Patriots, Steelers, Bears, Jets and Packers to finish 10-6. I think they can.

Are the Chiefs lucky? Yes and No. They have had some very good and some very bad fortune. I think the bad at least balances out the good.

Are they good? Yes. How good? I don't know, yet. The Jury is still out. But I will say this. If the Chiefs go 10-6 and win the division, it won't be because they got lucky. It will be because they earned it.

doobs_05
11-03-2011, 01:19 AM
I"m still waiting for that stretch of 5 games against really good teams. If for some reason we don't beat Miami and Denver i'm done for the season, there is no reason we should lose to those teams at home. But i'm waiting for that 5 game stretch before i say anything

Yoda
11-03-2011, 02:13 AM
I hate to say it, but I almost started this thread myself, but Yoda beat me to it. His points are perfectly valid.

I don't know what to think of this team right now. You don't beat 4 NFL teams in a row - any 4 teams - without being pretty good. With a little good luck we could have won 4 in a row, and we will probably win the next two games to go to 6-3 That's great.

Having said that, how much have the Chiefs really accomplished? The Vikings and Colts are bad teams. The Raiders were in complete disarray without their starting QB and it took a lucky fumble for us to beat the Chargers.

To be fair, the Chargers didn't lose that game because of the fumble, like everyone is saying. They just lost the opportunity to win it. There's a big difference. The Chargers had 1st possession in overtime but the Chiefs held them to 3 and out. After the punt, the Chiefs easily marched down the field to set up the game winning FG and San Diego was helpless to stop them. That tells me the Chiefs weren't just lucky. They were also the better team that night.

You can't watch the Chiefs without seeing that they are getting better every week, but how much better? The Chargers are a pretty good team, but other than them, the Chiefs really haven't been tested. We will know more after that really tough 5 game stretch.

My gut feeling is that they will win the next two games and the last 2 games. That's 8 wins. We need to win 2 games out of the 5 against the Patriots, Steelers, Bears, Jets and Packers to finish 10-6. I think they can.

Are the Chiefs lucky? Yes and No. They have had some very good and some very bad fortune. I think the bad at least balances out the good.

Are they good? Yes. How good? I don't know, yet. The Jury is still out. But I will say this. If the Chiefs go 10-6 and win the division, it won't be because they got lucky. It will be because they earned it.

ANY team in the NFL that wants to make a run, wether a great team or not, must have some luck/good fortune. That being said (and I have already said it before)....Haley has done one heck of a job keeping the troops together and focused. He has the team believing in him and his "grand plan".

But the "gauntlet" will make or break the season for the Chiefs. The Raiders went through a "gauntlet" earlier in the season. The road is not going to be easy, but definitely easier than what faces the Chiefs and Chargers.

Looks like the AFC West is back to it's old wild self again!:punk:

kcvet
11-03-2011, 09:03 AM

2.Raiders- a team that the Chiefs caught in permanent transition at QB and injured at other key positions

Canada
11-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Sigh.....ya....both of you are a tribute to the families that spawned you. WowGet over yourself. U come on a Chiefs site, say they got lucky to be 4-3 and then insult peoples family when you get some backlash.... Find a faiders site so you can post with the other idiots.

kcvet
11-03-2011, 09:28 AM
Get over yourself douchebag. U come on a Chiefs site, say they got lucky to be 4-3 and then insult peoples family when you get some backlash....you are a fu*kin retard!! Find a faiders site so you can post with the other idiots.

C - we're not getting anywhere if you keep holding back :lol:

Canada
11-03-2011, 09:32 AM

Yeah, you could see that shortly after they blew a 17 point lead to the Chiefs

2.Raiders- a team that the Chiefs caught in transition at QB and injured at other key positions Raiders had a team that had injuries at key positions too....guess their running game is more hype than reality.

3. Chargers- butter fingers, very lucky at the end....but Chiefs capitalized Lucky at the end and defense owned them the rest of the game

Fact is we lost 2 games to some really good teams at the start of the year. Took the Chiefs longer to get going, not that we are...everyone has every excuse in the book as to why. Sure there is luck involved...same as with every team in the NFL, difference is...we keep finding a way to win, the rest just find excuses.

Canada
11-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Better?

kcvet
11-03-2011, 10:07 AM
my prediction.

the Faiders will get T boned this week. 45-0

ctchiefsfan
11-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Complaining about "luck" is the crybaby way of explaining a 4 game winning streak.

The TRUTH about "luck" is that it has a funny way of pretty much evening itself out. Any truly honest appraisal of almost any team at the end of a season will show that the good luck and the bad luck pretty much evened themselves out give or take a tiny bit.

We got a TON of bad "luck" at the start of the season losing Berry, Charles and Moeaki. The last 4 games we have caught a couple of breaks. Just the "luck" evening itself out a bit.

What is NOT luck is that when the Chiefs were 0-2 and had lost those 2 games 89-10 most teams would have given up, blaming a lost season on catastrophic injuries. Just like the Colts have done this year.

Haley held the team together and convinced each and every player that with just a little more effort the season could be saved and we could get back in the hunt. AND THE PLAYERS BELIEVED IT!!!

That is why we are 4-3 and in FIRST PLACE IN THE AFC WEST!!!!!

WINNERS MAKE THEIR OWN LUCK!!!!

LOSERS blame things on "Luck".

We all knew at the start of the season that we had a tough schedule. And that hasn't changed. We STILL have a tough schedule. 2 weeks from now we are going to be 6-3 and will be firmly atop the AFC West. Then we face 5 very tough games.

If we win 2 of those we will be 8-6. That would leave us with Oakland in KC and at Denver to close out the season. If we beat Oakland and go into Denver 9-6 with the playoffs on the line and controlling our own destiny then we wind up 10-6 and in the playoffs.

In the end, it will all depend on our winning 2 or preferably 3 of those 5 very tough games. We will probably need to catch a break or two in order to win 2 of those 5 games, but you can bet that if we do we'll also catch a couple of bad breaks that had they gone the other way would have perhaps made us win one of the other games.

In the end if the "luck" plays itself out pretty much even over the rest of the season we'll have a very damn good chance of winding up 10-6 or 11-5 and once again fat and happy AFC West Champions!!!!

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

chiefnut
11-03-2011, 11:32 AM

and your glasses are black & silver, be that as it may, the CHIEFS have been fortunate at times but their defense has stepped up. against the bolts in thier first meeting the CHIEFS caught a bad break when cassel thru that pik at the end and the bolts won. in nearly every game there are plays/calls/breaks that go one way or another and eventualy shape the outcome of that game. yes the CHIEFS have had some breaks but 4 of the pix against the raders were good defense coupled w/bad reads by the QB. in last weeks game Mclusters fumble was a bad call, his butt was CLEARLY on the ground before the ball came out so the bolts caught a lucky break but the CHIEFS still won. so both the CHIEFS are improving and have had some breaks go their way , but not all of them!!!:chiefs: :punk:

azchiefsfan
11-03-2011, 11:40 AM
I don't know how many of you can remember our last 13-3 season with Chokenheimer. We won many of our games by the skin of our teeth and every expert would say, "They got lucky last game. They will absolutely lose the next game." Either we were the luckiest team to ever play in the NFL, or our guys found a way to win when every other team would give up. This team has the same grit. There is no luck to that. The fumble was a great break for us. But that NEVER ended the game. The dolts had another possession and we stopped them-hard. That's not luck. That is gritty, bare-knuckle football. I don't blame Yoda for saying what he is saying-it's fodder for a Traiders forum rather than here, but we have a huge upside. The Traiders have nowhere to go but down. Remember Doltwalt coming here last year and saying the same shiite everytime we won and his dolts lost?

SIC J
11-03-2011, 11:43 AM

Wait so you are saying the Chiefs have been getting lucky and are fortunate they haven't really been tested except for the Chargers.

Hmmmmm....... Interesting cuz you say the Chargers are a good team but lets look at the teams they've played.......

MIN 17 @ SD 24
SD 21 @ NE 35
KC 17 @ SD 20
MIA 16 @ SD 26
SD 29 @ DEN 24
SD 21 @ NYJ 27
SD 20 @ KC 23

The teams the Chargers have beat teams with a combined record of 4-18 not counting the Chiefs. The 2 teams the Chargers have been "tested" against, they have lost. Just like the Chiefs.

So why exactly are the Chargers a good team but the Chiefs are not? Aren't they in the same boat except for the Chiefs are on a 4 game win streak, in which to me, no team in the NFL can not be pretty good and be on a 4 game win streak.

ctchiefsfan
11-03-2011, 11:46 AM
One good thing I must say about "Yoda"....It sure is fun kicking the crap out of him. He just needs to learn when to back off and shut up for a while. Sometimes he carries his role as "designated pot stirrer" a bit too far.

ctchiefsfan
11-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Power was out here Sunday night and I missed the game against the Dolts. Anyone know where I could find and watch a tape of the game on the net?

Thanks....ctchiefsfan

pojote
11-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Fact is we lost 2 games to some really good teams at the start of the year. Took the Chiefs longer to get going, not that we are...everyone has every excuse in the book as to why. Sure there is luck involved...same as with every team in the NFL, difference is...we keep finding a way to win, the rest just find excuses.

This is a quote to remember, Canada saying that Buffalo is a really good team. I didn't thought this would ever happened. I have to see if the sky is falling already.

Yoda
11-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Wow, I did not expect this...but it happened. This thread has done a great job from seperating the "homers" from the critical thinkers.

Most of you have not really tried to understand the context of my posts.

Haley has done, I will say it AGAIN, a GREAT job keeping the team focused and believing in his plan/scheme. Coupled with some luck....that every team making a run needs....and hard work...the Chiefs have clawed their way back to 1st place tie.

Now, the upcomming Miami and Denver games, the Chiefs face a VERY hard 5 game gauntlet before they face the Raiders or Chargers again. I fully expect the Chiefs to be at 6-3 after the next 2 games.

SIC J
11-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Wow, I did not expect this...but it happened. This thread has done a great job from seperating the "homers" from the critical thinkers.

Most of you have not really tried to understand the context of my posts.

Haley has done, I will say it AGAIN, a GREAT job keeping the team focused and bieving in his plan/scheme. Coupled with some luck....that every team making a run needs....and hard work...the Chiefs have clawed their way back to 1st place tie.

Now, the upcomming Miami and Denver games, the Chiefs face a VERY hard 5 game gauntlet before they face the Raiders again or Chargers again. I fully expect the Chiefs to be at 6-3 after the next 2 games.

They don't play the Chargers again and I highly doubt they will until next year. I believe the only team in the AFC West that will make the playoffs is the team that wins the division.

People are homers why? Cuz a Raider fan is on here trying to bring down the Chiefs rather than just shutting up and giving them props? And YES, I am saying you posting they are getting "lucky" is trying to bring them down.

TopekaRoy
11-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Wait so you are saying the Chiefs have been getting lucky and are fortunate they haven't really been tested except for the Chargers.
I think you might have a reading comprehension problem. I also said :

They have had some very good and some very bad fortune. I think the bad at least balances out the good.

Hmmmmm....... Interesting cuz you say the Chargers are a good team ...No I didn't. I said they were pretty good, which is the same thing I said about the Chiefs.

You don't beat 4 NFL teams in a row - any 4 teams - without being pretty good.

The Chargers are a pretty good team, but other than them, the Chiefs really haven't been tested.

...but lets look at the teams they've played.......

MIN 17 @ SD 24
SD 21 @ NE 35
KC 17 @ SD 20
MIA 16 @ SD 26
SD 29 @ DEN 24
SD 21 @ NYJ 27
SD 20 @ KC 23

The teams the Chargers have beat teams with a combined record of 4-18 not counting the Chiefs. The 2 teams the Chargers have been "tested" against, they have lost. Just like the Chiefs.

So you are saying both teams are about the same - pretty good? That's what I said!

So why exactly are the Chargers a good team but the Chiefs are not?
Please read my post again. Show me where I said the Chargers were "good" (and not pretty good) and show me where I said the Chiefs were not. I did neither such thing.

Aren't they in the same boat ... Yes, they are. Both teams have lost to 2 good teams, beaten 3 weak teams and split with each other. In fact, head to head, both teams scored and allowed exactly 20 points!

except for the Chiefs are on a 4 game win streak, in which to me, no team in the NFL can not be pretty good and be on a 4 game win streak.

I'll repeat it again, because apparently that's the key to comprehension with you.

You don't beat 4 NFL teams in a row - any 4 teams - without being pretty good.
Where do we disagree? What the heck are we arguing about?

Yoda
11-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Oops, I stand corrected....Chiefs don't play Chargers again. But they do play the Raiders again. : )

matthewschiefs
11-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Oops, I stand corrected....Chiefs don't play Chargers again. But they do play the Raiders again. : )

Yes they do at arrowhead.

Where we will make that 28-0 beatdown seem like an off day for us. :mooning: :chiefs: :D

azchiefsfan
11-03-2011, 12:34 PM
I think the big difference is we started out on the bottom of the league and have climbed up to become one of the better(not top tier) teams. We have nothing but upside, even if we struggle the rest of the season-we are getting better. The Chargers are already at their peak potential and really have nowhere to go but down. Their lack of interest in the draft and FA market shows their management has no clue either. There won't be another late season rally.

#58ChiefsFan
11-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Did anyone else happen to catch the tail end of Haleys presser, on Wed I believe, where he finally said we are a "good" team?

For those who watch them you will remember all of last season he would never say that about this team. As far as I know he has not stated it since he came to the organization.

matthewschiefs
11-03-2011, 12:38 PM
ANY team in the NFL that wants to make a run, wether a great team or not, must have some luck/good fortune. That being said (and I have already said it before)....Haley has done one heck of a job keeping the troops together and focused. He has the team believing in him and his "grand plan".

But the "gauntlet" will make or break the season for the Chiefs. The Raiders went through a "gauntlet" earlier in the season. The road is not going to be easy, but definitely easier than what faces the Chiefs and Chargers.

Looks like the AFC West is back to it's old wild self again!:punk:

I don't no if you guys went through the gauntlet quite like what we are going to have to do. But at the end of the day we do play the same people.

The one good thing about the run we have made here is that now we don't have to win all those games to have a shot. Most likely both the raiders and chargers will lose again. But to have a shot to win the afc west again starts with beating the dolphins and donkeys. We have to do that to have any shot IMO.

Yoda
11-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Yes they do at arrowhead.

Where we will make that 28-0 beatdown seem like an off day for us. :mooning: :chiefs: :D

I am confident the Chiefs won't face a "headless" offense this time around. Btw....Arrowhead has been like a second home the last 3 seasons. When was the last time Chiefs beat the Raiders in KC? :punk:

matthewschiefs
11-03-2011, 01:01 PM
I confident the Chiefs won't face a "headless" offense this time around. :punk:

I am confident that it won't matter.

From my eyes granted they are a chiefs fans eyes I have never thought you were a good team. I never understood why the media was so high on you. But that's just a Chiefs fan thoughts :lol:

kcvet
11-03-2011, 01:17 PM
I am confident the Chiefs won't face a "headless" offense this time around. Btw....Arrowhead has been like a second home the last 3 seasons. When was the last time Chiefs beat the Raiders in KC? :punk:

a "headless" offense ??? Wow, I did not expect this...but it happened. This thread has done a great job from seperating the "homers" from the critical thinkers.

Yoda
11-03-2011, 01:45 PM
a "headless" offense ??? Wow, I did not expect this...but it happened. This thread has done a great job from seperating the "homers" from the critical thinkers.

Lol....that's just some good o trash talking between myself and MathewsChiefs. He is able to hold a conversation and toss in some "trash talking". I respect that.

Btw....if I am such a homer, why am I giving props to Haley and the Chiefs?Hmmmmmmmm?

ctchiefsfan
11-03-2011, 01:54 PM

Most all of us are quite capable of critical thought....when you don't pish us off so much that our blood gets up.

Haley has done, I will say it AGAIN, a GREAT job keeping the team focused and believing in his plan/scheme.

In that you are completely correct. It was Haley who kept the team believing when we lost the first two games by a combined score of 89-10. Many many teams would have given up then saying "We just can't do it with all these injuries"...witness the Colts. Whatever his failings (and he has a few), Haley has proven that he has an exceptional skill at getting a team to perform at the upper end of their abilities.

Coupled with some luck....that every team making a run needs....and hard work...the Chiefs have clawed their way back to 1st place tie.

As is usual, the luck has evened itself out. Early in the season almost every break there was went against us......injuries....later in the year we've gotten a few breaks....but all in all, the breaks have naturally evened themselves out....which has a lot to do with our record being 4-3. Fairly even breaks, fairly even record. Though personally, I don't believe the good breaks we have gotten have fully evened things out for the injuries we suffered early on. I'm just hoping that the next good breaks come during that tough 5 game stretch after Miami and Denver. We're probably not going to need any breaks to beat those 2 teams.

....the Chiefs face a VERY hard 5 game gauntlet......

Fact. Staying in the playoff hunt will depend on winning at least 2 of those 5 games. 3 of 5 in that stretch would almost for certain make December 24th at Arrowhead the most important game of the year for us.

they face the Raiders or Chargers again.

You're entitled to a "pass" for that mistake.

I fully expect the Chiefs to be at 6-3 after the next 2 games.

A pretty safe bet. Combine that with a loss by both Oakland and San Diego in those same two weeks and we go into that tough 5 game stretch in a strong position to be playing Oakland on December 24th tied for First Place in the AFC West.

Our road to repeating as AFC West CHAMPIONS is TOUGH........ no doubt about that. But thanks to the quality of play the Chiefs have shown in the last 4 weeks, the path to victory is clear and very achievable. 10-6 would probably do it. 11-5 would be an almost mortal lock. So our goal for the rest of the season is to go 7-2, with 6-3 likely to keep us in the hunt until the last minute of the last game of the regular season.

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

SIC J
11-03-2011, 03:21 PM
I think you might have a reading comprehension problem. I also said :

No I didn't. I said they were pretty good, which is the same thing I said about the Chiefs.

So you are saying both teams are about the same - pretty good? That's what I said!

Please read my post again. Show me where I said the Chargers were "good" (and not pretty good) and show me where I said the Chiefs were not. I did neither such thing.

Yes, they are. Both teams have lost to 2 good teams, beaten 3 weak teams and split with each other. In fact, head to head, both teams scored and allowed exactly 20 points!

I'll repeat it again, because apparently that's the key to comprehension with you.

Where do we disagree? What the heck are we arguing about?

You're seriously trying to make a huge argument between saying good and pretty good? Like there's that much of a difference? LOL.

Why don't you read the first sentence of your first post and try to comprehend what you wrote. Yoda is saying the Chiefs are getting "lucky" and "fortunate" for winning the last 3 games. YOU said he makes valid points aka agree with him and you almost started the same thread.

So which one is it? The Chiefs are just a "pretty good" team or are they just "lucky and fortunate"? Cuz "pretty good" teams are not "lucky and fortunate". It means they are playing some GOOD FOOTBALL.

TopekaRoy
11-03-2011, 03:49 PM
You're seriously trying to make a huge argument between saying good and pretty good? Like there's that much of a difference? LOL.
I said both the Chiefs and the Chargers were "pretty good. You misquoted me and accused me of saying the Chargers were good and the Chiefs were not. Now you laugh at me for correcting your lies about what I said? :lol:

Why don't you read the first sentence of your first post and try to comprehend what you wrote.I know what I wrote and what I meant by what I wrote more than you do. I'm the one that wrote it. And I went on to explain what I meant, pretty clearly. You are the only one that appears to have misunderstood it. What does that tell you?

The only place where I could have possibly been misunderstood by anyone with at least a 5th grade reading comprehension level is when I said "Other than the Chargers, the Chiefs haven't really been tested." I should have said, "other than the Chargers, the Chiefs haven't beat any decent teams." Other than the Chiefs, the Chargers haven't beat any decent teams either.

Yoda is saying the Chiefs are getting "lucky" and "fortunate" for winning the last 3 games. YOU said he makes valid points aka agree with him and you almost started the same thread. I do agree with him. He also said that Haley has done an excellent job getting the team ready to play and they have gotten better since the first 2 games. Do you disagree?

You seem to have a habit of reading posts and pulling small quotes out of context to misrepresent what is actually being said, while ignoring the rest of the post. That is why I had to "correct: you.

So which one is it? The Chiefs are just a "pretty good" team or are they just "lucky and fortunate"? Why does it have to be one or the other? Why can't it be both? Several people in this thread have said that the Chiefs have had some good luck, and some bad luck, but they are also a good team.

Cuz "pretty good" teams are not "lucky and fortunate". It means they are playing some GOOD FOOTBALL.

Some tams are both lucky and good. It happens all of the time in the NFL. I think the Chiefs have had more bad luck than good luck, but they are also a pretty good team. That's why I said ... It's like banging your head against the wall here ... "You don't beat 4 NFL teams - any 4 teams - without being pretty good.".

I don't understand why you are not getting this...

ctchiefsfan
11-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Aren't we splitting hairs a bit?

We've proved we can be a much better team than the first 2 games suggested.

We have proved that despite our injuries we are capable of being competitive in the AFC West this year.

We haven't proved we can dominate the AFC West.

We haven't proved we can be competitive in the playoffs even if we do win the AFC West.

But we have surely PROVED that winning the AFC West last year was not just a function of a weak schedule. We are beyond a shadow of a doubt competitive in the AFC West.

The next 7 games will answer a lot of questions.

We'll stomp Miami and the Donks, but the 5 games after that will say a lot about our ability to be competitive outside the AFC West even with the injuries we have suffered.

figcrostic
11-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Sigh.....ya....both of you are a tribute to the families that spawned you. Wow
Sigh?.......................

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/11/11.jpg

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/11/12.jpg

kcvet
11-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Aren't we splitting hairs a bit?

We've proved we can be a much better team than the first 2 games suggested.

We have proved that despite our injuries we are capable of being competitive in the AFC West this year.

We haven't proved we can dominate the AFC West.

We haven't proved we can be competitive in the playoffs even if we do win the AFC West.

But we have surely PROVED that winning the AFC West last year was not just a function of a weak schedule. We are beyond a shadow of a doubt competitive in the AFC West.

The next 7 games will answer a lot of questions.

We'll stomp Miami and the Donks, but the 5 games after that will say a lot about our ability to be competitive outside the AFC West even with the injuries we have suffered.

agreed. we still have to face GB, the steelers and NE. on MNF. out there

kcvet
11-03-2011, 04:45 PM

save that. we can use it on em all !!!!

azchiefsfan
11-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Uh, er, uh....mkay...

hardcorechiefsfan
11-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Whoo wee. The chiefs are on a 4 game winning streak. I am not excited about it because I remember the last time the chiefs were on a rather nice winning streak (9-0), well, we know what didn't happen there. I am just going to take the chiefs game for game. I don't want to get my hopes up only to have the chiefs lose the season real badly.

SIC J
11-03-2011, 06:14 PM
I said both the Chiefs and the Chargers were "pretty good. You misquoted me and accused me of saying the Chargers were good and the Chiefs were not. Now you laugh at me for correcting your lies about what I said? :lol:

I know what I wrote and what I meant by what I wrote more than you do. I'm the one that wrote it. And I went on to explain what I meant, pretty clearly. You are the only one that appears to have misunderstood it. What does that tell you?

The only place where I could have possibly been misunderstood by anyone with at least a 5th grade reading comprehension level is when I said "Other than the Chargers, the Chiefs haven't really been tested." I should have said, "other than the Chargers, the Chiefs haven't beat any decent teams." Other than the Chiefs, the Chargers haven't beat any decent teams either.
I do agree with him. He also said that Haley has done an excellent job getting the team ready to play and they have gotten better since the first 2 games. Do you disagree?

You seem to have a habit of reading posts and pulling small quotes out of context to misrepresent what is actually being said, while ignoring the rest of the post. That is why I had to "correct: you.

Why does it have to be one or the other? Why can't it be both? Several people in this thread have said that the Chiefs have had some good luck, and some bad luck, but they are also a good team.

Some tams are both lucky and good. It happens all of the time in the NFL. I think the Chiefs have had more bad luck than good luck, but they are also a pretty good team. That's why I said ... It's like banging your head against the wall here ... "You don't beat 4 NFL teams - any 4 teams - without being pretty good.".

I don't understand why you are not getting this...

5th grader huh? You're the smart guy who things there's a big difference between pretty good and good. That's like saying there's a big difference in grades between an A and A-. LOL

You haven't "corrected" anything. What exactly have the Chiefs gotten "lucky" on besides what you can Rivers fumbled "luck" that it happened at the time it did? Please enlighten me? Chiefs got screwed on a fumble by McCluster in their own territory. I call that KARMA.

Is it their schedule? How about NO on that. Chiefs won the AFC West last year meaning they play all the number 1 and 2 teams in the divisions they play based off last year (for the most part). Is it the Chiefs fault that many of those teams got worse last year? NO.

Now you're saying you think the Chiefs have had more bad luck than good luck??? LOL. Which one is it? You said you agree with Yoda but now you contradicting yourself. LOL

It's funny, you're trying to insult my intelligence but you don't even know what you're saying. Might wanna look in the mirror. LOL

chief31
11-03-2011, 06:57 PM
5th grader huh? You're the smart guy who things there's a big difference between pretty good and good. That's like saying there's a big difference in grades between an A and A-. LOL

A.) I didn't see where he said it was a big difference, just a difference.

2.) If you are applying to colleges, the difference between an A and an A- will be the difference between acceptance, and denial with some schools.

You haven't "corrected" anything. What exactly have the Chiefs gotten "lucky" on besides what you can Rivers fumbled "luck" that it happened at the time it did? Please enlighten me? Chiefs got screwed on a fumble by McCluster in their own territory. I call that KARMA.

The Colts without Manning.

The Raiders with Kyle Boller and a guy they just signed days before the game.

Is it their schedule? How about NO on that. Chiefs won the AFC West last year meaning they play all the number 1 and 2 teams in the divisions they play based off last year (for the most part). Is it the Chiefs fault that many of those teams got worse last year? NO.

Is it their fault? Nope. But then, nobody said it was.

Was it fortunate? Probably. Odds are that The Colts would play better with Manning than without.

Now you're saying you think the Chiefs have had more bad luck than good luck??? LOL. Which one is it? You said you agree with Yoda but now you contradicting yourself. LOL

Yoda did make more than one single point. Is it possible that he agrees with some particular things said, and maybe not with every word?

I am not trying to attack you. I think you and I are on the same page here.

But I think you did misinterpret Roy's view. And Roy was probably more harsh than he needed to be in response. I am frequently guilty of the same, myself.

As of now, we are looking at a repeat of last season, to some degree, where taking advantage of an easy schedule (the past few weeks) is being pointed out, and then fought against.

But it is true. Regardless of record, The Raiders we faced were not the same team as through the first several games. And The Vikings and Colts are easily judged by their records.

But nobody, not even Yoda, the Raiders fan, is saying that the luck is the whole reason for the reversal of record.

And most, including Roy, have been quick to point out the horrible misfortune of this team, and how it should probably be viewed as, at least, balancing out with the breaks we have gotten.

The difference of opinions in this thread are very, very, small.

The hostility does not really match the difference (if any) of opinion.

And yes... Before anybody points it out.... I am no stranger to getting into hostile arguments over minor issues. :lol:

TopekaRoy
11-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Acrually, I would probably give the Chiefs a "b" at this point, which is pretty good, but it isn't an A.

For the rest of my response, I won't bother. Chief31 beat me to it and said it as well as I ever could have.

It's funny, you're trying to insult my intelligence but you don't even know what you're saying. Might wanna look in the mirror. LOL

I know exactly what I'm saying and so does Chief31 and so does Yoda. You are the one who doesn't understand.

A.) I didn't see where he said it was a big difference, just a difference.

2.) If you are applying to colleges, the difference between an A and an A- will be the difference between acceptance, and denial with some schools.

The Colts without Manning.

The Raiders with Kyle Boller and a guy they just signed days before the game.

Is it their fault? Nope. But then, nobody said it was.

Was it fortunate? Probably. Odds are that The Colts would play better with Manning than without.

Yoda did make more than one single point. Is it possible that he agrees with some particular things said, and maybe not with every word?

I am not trying to attack you. I think you and I are on the same page here.

But I think you did misinterpret Roy's view. And Roy was probably more harsh than he needed to be in response. I am frequently guilty of the same, myself.

As of now, we are looking at a repeat of last season, to some degree, where taking advantage of an easy schedule (the past few weeks) is being pointed out, and then fought against.

But it is true. Regardless of record, The Raiders we faced were not the same team as through the first several games. And The Vikings and Colts are easily judged by their records.

But nobody, not even Yoda, the Raiders fan, is saying that the luck is the whole reason for the reversal of record.

And most, including Roy, have been quick to point out the horrible misfortune of this team, and how it should probably be viewed as, at least, balancing out with the breaks we have gotten.

The difference of opinions in this thread are very, very, small.

The hostility does not really match the difference (if any) of opinion.

And yes... Before anybody points it out.... I am no stranger to getting into hostile arguments over minor issues. :lol:

Thank you, sir, for handling my light work, for me. :lol:

REP!

chief31
11-03-2011, 08:00 PM
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"] And Roy was probably more harsh than he needed to be in response. I am frequently guilty of the same, myself.

Thank you, sir, for handling my light work, for me. :lol:

[COLOR="Black"]I was kind of throwin' you a hint there too. :lol:

But Sic is a good guy.

I have been rounds with him before. As have some others. And sometimes it gets a bit nasty.

But I think he is a great Chiefs fan, and a good person.

While I do believe he misinterpreted what you were saying, I think it was the way you responded that bothered him, and keeps him at it.

As I said, I am as guilty as anybody of escalating discussion to "fights".

Just trying to point out each of your contributions to it, in hopes of keeping the peace.

TopekaRoy
11-03-2011, 08:12 PM
I sincerely meant no disrespect to SIC and was actually enjoying the argument. Sometimes it's more fun when the opposition insists on taking a ridiculously absurd stance. It's weird trying to convince someone that you actually agree with someone when he insists that you don't.

I never meant to imply that SIC doesn't have the reading comprehension of a 5th grader. I'm sure he does.

That's why I couldn't understand why he wasn't "getting it."

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/11/14.jpg

Yoda
11-03-2011, 08:22 PM

I can see you quit. But there is no need show a pic of yourself riding off in shame. Please keep that side of yourself private. :D

SIC J
11-03-2011, 10:17 PM
I sincerely meant no disrespect to SIC and was actually enjoying the argument. Sometimes it's more fun when the opposition insists on taking a ridiculously absurd stance. It's weird trying to convince someone that you actually agree with someone when he insists that you don't.

I never meant to imply that SIC doesn't have the reading comprehension of a 5th grader. I'm sure he does.

That's why I couldn't understand why he wasn't "getting it."

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/11/14.jpg

No disrespect taken. If you took it that way, I didn't either.

I think maybe I just have a different view of what "luck" and "being fortunate" is. I don't call Campbell and McFadden getting hurt and not playing either of those. To me, THAT'S FOOTBALL. Injuries happen. If that's the case, any games the Chiefs lose, people can say "So and so got lucky cuz Charles, Moeaki, and Berry didn't play". No, they got hurt. It happens. Now the team needs to adjust and still win games. That's why you have 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stringers. The better and smarter teams will have solid back-ups. That's what separates the good from the bad teams.

I said before the start of the season that there will be more injuries than normal. Why? Cuz it is a fact that the top 2 seasons that have had the most injuries were both followed by lockouts. So that is why I refuse to see injuries as an "excuse", being "lucky", or "fortunate".

I simply don't agree with Yoda. To me, it just flat out sounds like an excuse for the Chiefs 4 game win streak. Nothing more nothing less. So when you said you were going to post the same thing, I took it the same way I saw Yoda saying it.

Chiefster
11-03-2011, 10:21 PM

Dude! I understand that your trying to dog the resident Raider fan but don't make the rest of sick. :lol:

TopekaRoy
11-03-2011, 10:31 PM
No disrespect taken. If you took it that way, I didn't either.

I think maybe I just have a different view of what "luck" and "being fortunate" is. I don't call Campbell and McFadden getting hurt and not playing either of those. To me, THAT'S FOOTBALL. Injuries happen. If that's the case, any games the Chiefs lose, people can say "So and so got lucky cuz Charles, Moeaki, and Berry didn't play". No, they got hurt. It happens. Now the team needs to adjust and still win games. That's why you have 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stringers. The better and smarter teams will have solid back-ups. That's what separates the good from the bad teams.

I said before the start of the season that there will be more injuries than normal. Why? Cuz it is a fact that the top 2 seasons that have had the most injuries were both followed by lockouts. So that is why I refuse to see injuries as an "excuse", being "lucky", or "fortunate".

I simply don't agree with Yoda. To me, it just flat out sounds like an excuse for the Chiefs 4 game win streak. Nothing more nothing less. So when you said you were going to post the same thing, I took it the same way I saw Yoda saying it.

It's cool. We pretty much are in agreement. Every team has had good luck and bad luck this year. The Chiefs have probably had the worst luck of any team with injuries, but the Colts losing Manning and the Raiders losing Campbell and McFadden are pretty big blows, too. Unlike those two teams that Chiefs have done a much better job of overcoming injuries and turning things around. That;s why I think they are a good team.

Right now, I say "pretty good" because we haven't beaten any really good teams yet. Their opportunity to show how good they really are is coming soon. Until they are done with the next two games and start playing some of the elite teams, I just can't say how well they stack up.

I'm really looking forward to that tough 5 game stretch because then we will really know how good this team is and I can't wait to find out.

SIC J
11-03-2011, 10:41 PM
It's cool. We pretty much are in agreement. Every team has had good luck and bad luck this year. The Chiefs have probably had the worst luck of any team with injuries, but the Colts losing Manning and the Raiders losing Campbell and McFadden are pretty big blows, too. Unlike those two teams that Chiefs have done a much better job of overcoming injuries and turning things around. That;s why I think they are a good team.

Right now, I say "pretty good" because we haven't beaten any really good teams yet. Their opportunity to show how good they really are is coming soon. Until they are done and start playing some of the elite teams, I just can't say how well they stack up.

I'm really looking forward to that tough 5 game stretch because then we will really know how good this team is and I can't wait to find out.

I would just like to see them win the division and/or just make the playoffs. Cuz that's all that really matters. Once you make the playoffs, everyone is 0-0 again. But I think the only team that makes the playoffs in the AFC West will be the team that wins the division. I see no reason why the Chiefs won't go at least 8-8 or 9-7. And I said after the schedules were released that the winner of the AFC West could be like the Seahawks of last year. We will have to wait and see.

The Chiefs are playing with confidence and most definitely have the ability to win 2 or 3 of those games in the so-called 5 game difficult stretch. They just need to play aggressive on offense and stay away from the conservative play calling.

Overall I believe they are playing RIGHT NOW as a good team.

I just don't want to hear any excuses from people like last year saying the Chiefs had a weak schedule cuz some of the teams that were "supposed" to be good this year weren't.

TopekaRoy
11-03-2011, 11:09 PM
I just don't want to hear any excuses from people like last year saying the Chiefs had a weak schedule cuz some of the teams that were "supposed" to be good this year weren't.
Ha ha. That would be pretty funny wouldn't it? Before the season started a bunch of people were saying the Chiefs wouldn't go 10-6 because this year's schedule is so much tougher than last year's. Now those same people are saying the Chiefs are winning Because of an easy schedule!

I guess their definition of a good team is anybody that beats the Chiefs and a bad team is anyone who loses to the Chiefs!
:meow:

figcrostic
11-04-2011, 12:21 AM
Dude! I understand that your trying to dog the resident Raider fan but don't make the rest of sick. :lol:

Sorry it was too funny to resist.

Chiefster
11-04-2011, 04:36 AM
Sorry it was too funny to resist.

:lol: