PDA

View Full Version : does Tebow mocking cross the line?

kcvet
11-03-2011, 11:15 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/11/8.jpg

im not surprised there's back lash over this

snip

Everyone is mocking him, and with good reason. But Tebow bashing has become so popular that people don’t see a problem when it drops to a knee and prays before them.

Detroit’s Stephen Tulloch did just that on Sunday after he sacked Tebow. He says he was making fun of “Tebowing,” the phenomenon that took over the Internet last week.

“Have a sense of humor,” Tulloch tweeted. “I wasn’t mocking GOD.”

I believe him. But this wasn’t your garden-variety NFL taunt.

Read more: Does some of the Tebow mocking cross the line? - NFL - Sporting News (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-11-02/does-some-of-the-tebow-mocking-cross-the-line?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl13%7Csec1_lnk1%7C109676#ixzz1ceguz6m6)

I think he was mocking. but some may look at this as a slap in god's face. wonder how far this will go?? end of the season??? will Tebow even be around that long???

KristofLaw
11-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Maybe he should have went to the league office with Suh this week. :lol:

OxDeadface
11-03-2011, 04:07 PM
I don't really see a problem. If you make a spectacle of something during games, other players are going to mock it if/when they one-up you. It's the same as dancing on the Dallas star, posing for a picture in front of the black hole, or emulating an opposing player's TD dance. It's not personal, just trash talk and good TV.

Chiefster
11-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Speaking as a Christian I believe it does cross the line, however, at the same time Tebow kind of brought this upon himself by making the action a public spectacle.

Canada
11-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Religion has no business in football.

Chiefster
11-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Religion has no business in football.

Oh I don't know, I've seen on several occasions members of both opposing teams gathering in the end zone after a game to have prayer.

Canada
11-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Oh I don't know, I've seen on several occasions members of both opposing teams gathering in the end zone after a game to have prayer.Before and after is fine, but I dont buy into kneeling during games, or pointing to god after a TD. God has more important things to be concerned with than football.

TopekaRoy
11-03-2011, 11:29 PM
Religion has no business in football.Canada, I like you. I was going to say that this sounds like something that someone who isn't religious would say. For devout Christians, religion plays a part in everything they do.

But then you said this:

Before and after is fine, but I dont buy into kneeling during games, or pointing to god after a TD. God has more important things to be concerned with than football.
and I agree 100%.

Do these people actually believe God will change the outcome of a game or even a particular play just because they ask him to? Don't they realize that there are good people on the other team praying just as hard for their side?

Trust me. If God wanted the Broncos to win, they wouldn't be nearly this bad!:D

On the other hand, I have no problem with a player giving God a quick "thanks" when they score a touchdown, or pointing to the sky to "give God the glory." I just wonder how many of them are doing it out of sincere gratitude to God, and how many of them are saying. "Look at me. See what a great humble Christian I am?" which is rather oxymoronic, isn't it?

Chiefster
11-04-2011, 04:46 AM
Before and after is fine, but I dont buy into kneeling during games, or pointing to god after a TD. God has more important things to be concerned with than football.

Absolutely agreed and I think it's a vain thing to ask God for victory because the other team and thier fans are doing the same thing, but no one thinks twice about mid air chest bumps, high fives or nearly slapping each other silly after a big play. I guess what I'm saying is that based on an individuals life experience how they react to a big play says something about them personally. They're making an individual statement as it were. Personally, I think that the crack down on making a cell phone call after a TD is kind of stupid; I mean really - who cares? If they're that concerned about it then treat it like a fight and simply don't show it.

Canada
11-04-2011, 06:31 AM
Absolutely agreed and I think it's a vain thing to ask God for victory because the other team and thier fans are doing the same thing, but no one thinks twice about mid air chest bumps, high fives or nearly slapping each other silly after a big play. I guess what I'm saying is that based on an individuals life experience how they react to a big play says something about them personally. They're making an individual statement as it were. Personally, I think that the crack down on making a cell phone call after a TD is kind of stupid; I mean really - who cares? If they're that concerned about it then treat it like a fight and simply don't show it.But that isnt the issue...no one would have a problem if someone mocked those celebration. The question isnt about Tebows religion, its about the mocking him for it on the field. Everyone has their right to do what they like (within the rules of course) but I dont think anyone should complain if they get teased about it on the football field. Perhaps on the following play Tebow coulda sidestepped a sack, tossed a TD and given the sign of the cross to that player....but I doubt it. Tebow sucks!!:bananen_smilies046:

kcvet
11-04-2011, 08:58 AM
im not really sure who started this. but we've seen players neal and pray on the side lines just before that kick. I dare say fans at home as well

Chiefster
11-04-2011, 10:10 PM
But that isnt the issue...no one would have a problem if someone mocked those celebration. The question isnt about Tebows religion, its about the mocking him for it on the field. Everyone has their right to do what they like (within the rules of course) but I dont think anyone should complain if they get teased about it on the football field. Perhaps on the following play Tebow coulda sidestepped a sack, tossed a TD and given the sign of the cross to that player....but I doubt it. Tebow sucks!!:bananen_smilies046:

That's a good point, and I doubt Tebow cares that they mock him because it does not directly affect his faith.

I still think the league goes overboard, at times, on the excessive celebration rule. I think that if it doesn't delay the game or cause anyone hurt, damage or is in anyway lewd then let it go, or like I said before simply don't air it. But that is another issue entirely. :bananen_smilies046:

N TX Dave
11-04-2011, 11:02 PM
He has the right to pray but to knell down on the field and pray is really taunting the other team/player in my mind so he is opening himself to being taunted back. If he wants to pray after a TD go to the sidelines do it but to do it on the field is something different.

Chiefster
11-04-2011, 11:39 PM
He has the right to pray but to knell down on the field and pray is really taunting the other team/player in my mind so he is opening himself to being taunted back. If he wants to pray after a TD go to the sidelines do it but to do it on the field is something different.

You could be right, although, I've seen other players pray or give thanks to God after a TD and no one has thought too much of it.

Anywho; just my two cents. :smile

Canada
11-05-2011, 10:28 AM
That's a good point, and I doubt Tebow cares that they mock him because it does not directly affect his faith.

I still think the league goes overboard, at times, on the excessive celebration rule. I think that if it doesn't delay the game or cause anyone hurt, damage or is in anyway lewd then let it go, or like I said before simply don't air it. But that is another issue entirely. :bananen_smilies046:
I hear ya there, but I think the players are their own worst enemies. The league did not have a problem with celebrations until recent players (ochostinko, TO and the dink that used the cell phone in the goal post etc...)started to take things too far. give them an inch and they take a foot. Its like little kids, they just keep pushing the limits until you say No!!

Chiefster
11-05-2011, 11:32 AM
I hear ya there, but I think the players are their own worst enemies. The league did not have a problem with celebrations until recent players (ochostinko, TO and the dink that used the cell phone in the goal post etc...)started to take things too far. give them an inch and they take a foot. Its like little kids, they just keep pushing the limits until you say No!!

True! You wouldn't always know by watching these guys that they are chronologically adults. While, it my not be any big deal to the fans if players use a cell phone on the field, if the boss in the front offices or the commissioner says don't do it then they should be mature enough to follow their directives.

Coach
11-05-2011, 12:47 PM
I love the fact that everyone is making fun of Tebow. Making fun of Tebow does not equal mocking god. Not even close despite what Tebow fans might want you to believe.

Chiefster
11-05-2011, 01:00 PM
I love the fact that everyone is making fun of Tebow. Making fun of Tebow does not equal mocking god. Not even close despite what Tebow fans might want you to believe.

I'm far from being a Tebow fan, he's a Donk after all, although I can respect the fact that he has faith. :smile

hometeam
11-05-2011, 11:46 PM
no line crossed, all is fair game, lets all cry about everything why dont we

boo hoo someone made fun of me today mommyyyy :"(

KristofLaw
11-05-2011, 11:59 PM
Fox also dismissed the notion that the team's offense is not being geared enough toward the former Heisman Trophy winner's strength as a runner.

"The problem is, there's so much misinformation. For people that study it, you'd see that we've probably had more shotgun or spread offense than anybody in the league over the last two weeks," said Fox. "The goofy thing is, it's almost like if he doesn't have success it will be anybody's fault but his. It's almost that kind of polarizing thing."

From the middle of the following article link; (Tebow talk getting under Fox's skin (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Denver-Broncos-John-Fox-frustrated-Tim-Tebow-questions-110411)).

^ What John said. :D

Coach
11-06-2011, 06:48 AM
I really hope he stays at qb against the chiefs.

Chiefster
11-06-2011, 09:19 AM

:lol:

Me too.

kcvet
11-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Aretha Franklin - I say a little prayer ( Official song ) HQ version , Photos / Photoshoots - YouTube

Vandelay
11-06-2011, 11:06 AM

Me too.
Me three:beat_DeadHorse:

Chiefster
11-07-2011, 12:36 AM

Me too.

Me three:beat_DeadHorse:

After how he manhandled the Raiders I'm not too sure now.

kcvet
11-07-2011, 09:33 AM
After how he manhandled the Raiders I'm not too sure now.

same here. the donks have changed their O to fit his style. and after what happened here yesterday I would add them as a real threat just like the others we're going to face.