PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs still getting "dissed" by ESPN

TopekaRoy
11-03-2011, 11:48 AM
In the Week 9 ESPN Power Rankings (http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings) the Chiefs are ranked 18th, up 3 spots from 21st. Ok, given the 4 teams they beat and how they won those games I can kind of understand their reasoning. What I don't understand is how they can have the Chiefs 1 spot behind the Raiders and 3 spots behind the Chargers! Didn't we just beat both of those teams in back to back games?

I think the Chiefs should be ranked a little higher, maybe in the 14 to 16 range. What do you guys think? is the ranking fair?

OPLookn
11-03-2011, 11:53 AM
In the Week 9 ESPN Power Rankings (http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings) the Chiefs are ranked 18th, up 3 spots from 21st. Ok, given the 4 teams they beat and how they won those games I can kind of understand their reasoning. What I don't understand is how they can have the Chiefs 1 spot behind the Raiders and 3 spots behind the Chargers! Didn't we just beat both of those teams in back to back games?

I think the Chiefs should be ranked a little higher, maybe in the 14 to 16 range. What do you guys think? is the ranking fair?

I think rankings this early are just to have rankings. It's like the college rankings that come out before any team has even touched the field. LSU and Alabama are 1 and 2 in the nation? Well then next year they should be top 10 for sure.

I look at these rankings over lunch as something fun but I've never taken a single one seriously. I'll start taking them somewhat serious at around 10 - 12 games into the season.

matthewschiefs
11-03-2011, 12:31 PM
If you think ESPN is bad yahoo has the faiders at 8 and the Chiefs at 17.

I don't mind being a bit behind the Chargers we beat them yes but they also beat us at there place so that's a wash.

The faiders theres no way that we should be below them. We went to there place and Beat them down. I think we should have been around 15.

azchiefsfan
11-03-2011, 12:38 PM
The Traiders are one of the worst teams in the NFL. They have been exposed. The sports writers are really bad at calling teams and games. They won't write the Traiders off until they've lost their eighth game. (They are traitors to their fans-in F*ckland and LA yet people still root for them. I use that word for them to show the stupidity of the franchise and their fans)

KristofLaw
11-03-2011, 01:25 PM
ESPN.... meh.

TopekaRoy
11-03-2011, 01:45 PM
I honestly think that most of the so called "experts" who make their picks and compile these rankings don't even warch a lot of the Chiefs games. It would be difficult to watch every game every week and still work full time.

So they read the recaps, look at the box score and form their opinions based on what little they have seen and past history regarding the teams. Then you throw in their personal biases and inherent bias toward "big market" teams, which they cover more because of ratings and are more knowledgeable about. Finally, they form their opinions based on all of these factors. This typically leads to teams like the Chiefs being under ranked or over looked until late in the season.

Near the end of the season, when there is a larger pool of games to base your opinions on, the rankings tend to be more accurate. If the Chiefs keep doing what they are doing, they will eventually get the credit they deserve. There just tends to be a lag time between perception and reality.

Yoda
11-03-2011, 01:52 PM
This isn't the BCS.....who cares

TopekaRoy
11-03-2011, 02:00 PM
This isn't the BCS.....who cares
I don't really take ESPN's or anybody else's power rankings seriously. It's just something that's fun to look at and talk about. I like seeing what they experts think and comparing my opinions to theirs.

The only thing that really matters is wins and losses.

KristofLaw
11-03-2011, 02:22 PM
I honestly think that most of the so called "experts" who make their picks and compile these rankings don't even warch a lot of the Chiefs games. It would be difficult to watch every game every week and still work full time.

So they read the recaps, look at the box score and form their opinions based on what little they have seen and past history regarding the teams. Then you throw in their personal biases and inherent bias toward "big market" teams, which they cover more because of ratings and are more knowledgeable about. Finally, they form their opinions based on all of these factors. This typically leads to teams like the Chiefs being under ranked or over looked until late in the season.

Near the end of the season, when there is a larger pool of games to base your opinions on, the rankings tend to be more accurate. If the Chiefs keep doing what they are doing, they will eventually get the credit they deserve. There just tends to be a lag time between perception and reality.

Nicely posted, I couldn't agree more particularly with the highlighted part of your post.

Ryfo18
11-03-2011, 02:52 PM
The one thing I've learned over the years is that power rankings are the biggest waste of time to get mad about. I'm sure the Chiefs players/coaches could give 2 sheeeeites about how good an independent media company thinks they are.

Real rankings are established in the playoffs.

hardcorechiefsfan
11-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Actually I think the chiefs, chargers and raiders are tied for 1st in the division. ESPN treats the chiefs better than the CBS football vrew on sundays.

kcvet
11-03-2011, 07:47 PM
I like his polls better

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/11/13.jpg

hardcorechiefsfan
11-03-2011, 07:54 PM
I like his polls better

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/11/13.jpg
:thumbup1:

Chiefster
11-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Good! I'm glad ESPNless is disrespecting us. I say keep it up; disrespect us all you want. In fact Haley ought to make ESPN required viewing/listening/reading for as long as they continue to disrespect us. The day they actually start giving us our due is the day I truly become concerned.

Now, having said all that I will say that playing winless teams with nothing to lose does make me a bit nervous.

okikcfan
11-04-2011, 11:37 AM
They all look at the Chargers-Chiefs game as the Chargers gave it away, it was a fumble, they need to get over it. Rivers is not a God, tho some may think so. The Chiefs totaly put a butt whooping on San Diego in overtime but nobody seems to have noticed that part.

kcvet
11-04-2011, 05:24 PM
my my. look who's getting dissed in ESPN. ain't misbehaven are we???

ESPN Executive Denies Masturbating Next To Erin Andrews On Plane: Report

Keith Clinkscales, a former ESPN executive, is fighting allegations that he once masturbated next to network correspondent Erin Andrews on a plane.

Clinkscales' lawyer, Judd Burstein, filed a lawsuit against Joan Lynch, the former colleague who he believes leaked the allegations to Deadspin blogger A.J. Daulerio.

Daulerio describes that the spouse of one of Clinkscales' colleagues emailed Deadspin about the incident.

According to Dalerio's source, Clinkscales had been reportedly sitting next to Andrews on a plane when she saw him masturbating underneath his iPad. When he realized that she had seen him, he "panicked and muttered, 'You know, I'm one of your bosses.'"

Andrews, who was the target of a peeping tom in 2008, reportedly spoke to several people about the incident, but ultimately did not go to HR and "just wanted it to go away."

For his part, Clinkscales denies the allegations and claims that his former colleague defamed him "out of spite and racial animus." According to the Daily, his lawyer called the idea of masturbating underneath an iPad "ridiculous" and said, "I’m thinking of bringing a defamation suit on behalf of his penis." He filed the lawsuit after Daulerio approached Clinkscales for comment, but before the story was published. Andrews has refused to comment.

stories (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/03/erin-andrews-espn-executive-denies-masturbating_n_1074433.html?ref=media&icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl5%7Csec1_lnk1%7C109924#s455133&title=Jason_Jackson_emails)

look familiar fans ??

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/11/15.jpg
Mike Tirico was suspended for three months for sexual harassment. Mike Freeman's 2000 book "ESPN: An Uncensored History" reported several incidents where Tirico tried to wedge his hand between a production assistant's thighs, and followed one female producer on the highway.

there's more. many more